• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Haha, not at all.

Some of it was laughable. Like that unfortunate Kirbycide and my Lucas recoveries. :3

Mabye a rematch when I get used to Brawl? (and unlock Toon Link) =D

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Lol Otter your one of the best people I've played today and toonlink is pretty good =]

I need someone to play with... anyone hasn't added me please do I'll join your games when you host X__x

bored right now..

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Screw the still unannounced release date. I'm importing NOW.
By the way, is that "Buy now" button on the webpage about the freeloader even working? I clicked it and it just loaded the same page.

Faith

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'll have to wait till Monday since I didn't get my Freeloader today ;< That would make the shipment 8 days even though they said it would only take 3~5 ;-;.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Aargh, I really can't wait for Brawl! Cheapness prevails in Mario Strikers Charged. :( I'll get mad if I have to stay with it for another week.

Fendir

Smash Rookie
Just a quick question, it says in Metroid Prime 3's case that it's 60hz only, so if I can play it with no problems that means I will run Freeloader + Brawl with colors? Just looking for confirmation.

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
Just a quick question, it says in Metroid Prime 3's case that it's 60hz only, so if I can play it with no problems that means I will run Freeloader + Brawl with colors? Just looking for confirmation.
No, it's not certain that it will. PAL Metroid Prime 3 uses PAL 60Hz signal and Brawl uses NTSC signal. So if your TV doesn't support NTSC you'll be playing B/W Brawl. Like for myself all the European Nintendo games run on 60Hz but none of the PS2 games I've ever had have been running with colors when using 60Hz.

Fendir

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the answers. Does anyone know if all the japanese Gamecube games used NTSC 60hz? Because back in the gc days I had the gc freeloader and played a handful of japanese gc games without problems. :>

Val0r

Smash Rookie
Bleeeeeeeeeh.

Has anyone who ordered from Play-Asia (and had brawl shipped on the 10th) got theirs yet?
Cause my copy is nowhere to be seen unfortunately. Middle of next week at the earliest now.... silly bank holidays.

Faith

Smash Apprentice
Bleeeeeeeeeh.

Has anyone who ordered from Play-Asia (and had brawl shipped on the 10th) got theirs yet?
Cause my copy is nowhere to be seen unfortunately. Middle of next week at the earliest now.... silly bank holidays.
I got mine in 3 days total. It took em 1 day to verify my payment, 1 day from Hong Kong to Germany and 1 day from Germany to my place ( Netherlands ).

leeohanlon

Smash Cadet
Bleeeeeeeeeh.

ordered mine on the 4th of march, got it wednesday 12th from play asia

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
Bleeeeeeeeeh.

Mine shipped on this monday too but still not here. Hope it arrives early next week.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
I was really dissapointed with Brawl, sucumbing to the prevelant thoughts that it's "too slow" and "not as good as melee".

Then I found Ike and relearnt the fast fall timings. =O

Oh my god this game is amazing.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Ah, i thought it was too slow at first too Otter, but now I prefer it over Melee. Don't think I'll ever go back to Melee to be honest. xP

leeray666

Smash Cadet
Me and my brother are sort of tackling this problem as a duo (yes, we're sad like that), he's gone to town to find some canned air, and I'm sat here at the computer trying to find a solution, which at the moment, canned air seems to be. I have 3.2E, and i've had a Wii since release, so dust is a likely problem.

If un-dusting it works, i'll let you know so you could add it to the FAQ at the beginning.
What exactly is the problem? I had a moment earlier where I too thought I would need to get my lens cleaned, but I tried a few things first and now it works fine.

By any chance is it a case of, after you put in the freeloader and it does it's thing you then put in Smash and go to the channel, then does it go black and your controller turns off?

If this is the case then follow the second freeloader option where you have to load the freeloader twice in a row and then stick in smash.
Now it might say here after installing a wii update that there is a disk error, but if you turn off your machine and then try the first freeloader option where you stick it in once and then the game it should now work.

It might not of course. However, this is exactly what happened to me today when I received the game.

leeray666

Smash Cadet
Bleeeeeeeeeh.

Yes I had mine shipped from there on the 10th and it arrived today.

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
I got mine from eBay, ordered it on Wednesday, it was shipped on Friday and it came today :D

I'm not bothering going out clubbing tonight for Brawl :D haha

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
ffs.
What the hell is with those sucides. >,>

I'mma have to leave after this Otter, 3 for alls get a bit too laggy for me. I'mma stick to 1v1 for a while. =]

:034:

Smash Hero
So.

I have Brawl now. Turns out my import store DID have it.

Any Dutchies interested in playing against me sometime - FC is 1633-3968-1488.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
That's fine Toast.

I've left aswell. Your Zelda is excellent. ^___^

I'm not johning, but I think my Ike is really crap when I lag. My Kirby is ok with it though. =)

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I thought Your Ike was good. I often said " Hm. That was well planned" when facing your Ike.

Your Kirby was really good though. Was he your Melee main?
You seemed to have a bit of experience with him.

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
Is there a UK pal code thread? I want to test the online out properly.

From the three with anyone games I've had, all have been laggy at some point. The first one was laggy for the first '1:30' before the game sped up for the last 30 seconds and sudden death. The second was quite good apart from the first 20 or so seconds and the last game I had was lagging throughout.

Toshen

Smash Apprentice
I ordered brawl + freeloader from 365 on wednesday..any chance i will get it on monday?
It depends, you should check if they've been shipped yet, if they're not in stock yet it could take a while, if they're shipped by now though there's a good chance you'll have em at the beggining of next week

j.rob

Smash Apprentice
A QUESTION FOR THOSE WHO ORDERED FROM 365GAMES.COM!

What does processing mean?
I asked my dad to order it for me when i saw him on wenesday and I don't know if he has orderd brawl as he lives in london and i live in Birmingham.

so yeah... If it says that it is processing, does it mean that he has payed and orderd it or not?

Thanks

Woozah

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dizztro
3DS FC
3866-8092-9570

I asked my dad to order it for me when i saw him on wenesday and I don't know if he has orderd brawl as he lives in london and i live in Birmingham.

so yeah... If it says that it is processing, does it mean that he has payed and orderd it or not?

Thanks
well i payed with creditcard (paypal) and my status on 365 instantly changed to: payment received. but ofcourse there are some other people here who used 365 aswell, so i cant really confirm if your payment went correctly or not

I ordered brawl + freeloader from 365 on wednesday..any chance i will get it on monday?
well, depends where you live aswell. i mailed 365 about how long it takes, and 365 replied with that it takes around 4-8 days as soon its despatched (and im from the netherlands).
so if you want to know hoe long just send a mail to: contactus@365games.co.uk

Woozah

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dizztro
3DS FC
3866-8092-9570
haha yes i have, and btw Lost is awesome but we are alrdy going offtopic with brawl online matches, if we start talking about tv shows then we can rename this topic to : The Rescue for Spammers and Forum Trolls :chuckle:

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
I thought Your Ike was good. I often said " Hm. That was well planned" when facing your Ike.

Your Kirby was really good though. Was he your Melee main?
You seemed to have a bit of experience with him.
=)

Man, those games just earlier were pretty good. Are you still online for a 1 v 1?

My Ike has gotten alot better since this morning.

Dry Bones

Smash Ace

Thanks
how did you pay for your copy? if you used anything but paypal, it may mean they are still waiting for the payment to come through and be cleared. if not, then it simply means they havent sent it yet (your status will change to "despatched" once it has)

Top Bottom