• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Retman_Brawl

Smash Rookie
@Zelda_Shiek: You can not send it away to nintendo. If you send it to NOE then they will ask how you got to play SSBB and you'll be in bother (or you can say you can't play another game and not mention SSBB). and you can't send a PAL wii off to NOA...

:laugh::laugh:

You are screwed. Btw it is possible to cleans the lens maybe you are doing it wrong. Y'know you can use more than canned air.

and i'm not positive if nintendo of america will send a repaired wii to europe...
They won't.

Rhys21

Smash Rookie
NOOOOO. I just got home again, and the tv at my home displays it in black and white :(
AARGH.

How did you guys fix it? I already played with the settings, and I'll be checking some more stuff later, but yeah...

I am connecting to my tv with this:

http://images.tomshardware.com/2005/11/23/pc_interfaces_101/cinch-stecker-ge-ro-sw.jpg

plugged into a scart block

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/Scart-RCA.JPG

How did you guys fix it. Buying a new tv IS possible, as this one is getting old, but it still works perfectly (except for this naturally -_-)
Same here, I think it must be that the tv doesn't display NTSC properly because mine can do 60hz fine but with the composite cable its in B/W and with the RGB it's covered with a red tint. You'll have to get a new tv because I've looked around and there seems to be no solution to this problem or anybody who can tell me for certain why it happens:urg:

milind4

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i heard you have to put the nozzle or whatever into the drive and put a few quick squirts.. its gas, so it should get rid of the dust and not harm the wii... a lot of people have done it with no problem i think...

and what other ways are there apart from canned air?

kereo

Smash Cadet
Same here, I think it must be that the tv doesn't display NTSC properly because mine can do 60hz fine but with the composite cable its in B/W and with the RGB it's covered with a red tint. You'll have to get a new tv because I've looked around and there seems to be no solution to this problem or anybody who can tell me for certain why it happens:urg:
****. Yeah, if I do it on just composite, its a screwey picture. Those have always been abit broken. And Scart plays excellent, just no color. So, I find it abit wastefull to just buy a new tv :(

Goronsan

Smash Cadet
I just got owned badly , was that you kensei ?

But it was some crazy matches even though i only won a few (luck). I really need some more training and find a right main for me , havent even unlocked them all :p

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
lol yeah good game lee and goron that was me lol (you did quite well with marth )

anyways if anyone wants to add me tell me that you added me and Ill add you and we can do a few 1 vs 1s

clace

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, had brawl for a couple o' days now, looking for some more friend codes to get a daily battle schedule going on xD.

Anyone up for adding eachother and having some matches?

EDIT: Oh and, I live in england, and my name on brawl is Risky.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
clace whats your online name O__o?

cant seem to find you on my friend list...anyways Ill host a match

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Even though my game does work just some slow loading times, I ordered some canned air to see if I can fix that should arrive at 20 march. @_@

milind4

Smash Apprentice
yes, but that is not confirmed (though probable).. i guess i can just wait and hope and eventually see if i'm unlucky enough to have it.

on a brighter note, only 3% of wiis w/ brawl in japan had the problem, and the figure is slightly more in the u.s., so maybe i shouldn't be so worried...

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Also Dunno if this could have anything to do with it but if you remember the time I was yoshi and you b+down to not get hit, I think it was a problem with my console dirt lens maybe? since it too LONG for you to transform. (and 50% of matches my Wii is making loud noises reading the disc) So My game has long loading times sometimes like 5 secs to load up the Character select and stage select and sometimes longer to get the stage to load, thats why most of the time it gets stuck on "ready to fight" for a bit.
I noticed that O.o
I was like " wtf, this is taking far too long" but I didn't bother. It was giving me more invincibility frames against the final smash xP

Goron: Yup, good matches. You play a god DeDeDe =]
Yeah, Pit's >B is amazingly annoying. It racks up damage like nothing else. It's pretty easy to get out of though

Ok, gonna add Kensei, and Lant when I get on soon =]

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
MeOtter: Can't reply to messages =[

I'll add you. Maybe we can have a 3 player FFA =D

clace

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that O.o
I was like " wtf, this is taking far too long" but I didn't bother. It was giving me more invincibility frames against the final smash xP

Goron: Yup, good matches. You play a god DeDeDe =]
Yeah, Pit's >B is amazingly annoying. It racks up damage like nothing else. It's pretty easy to get out of though

Ok, gonna add Kensei, and Lant when I get on soon =]
Hey toast, check your messages and add me xD.

And, Kensei, I was playin with my friend so I couldnt play with you, but I'll play with you very soon :D.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Clace: Ah, sorry. Must've missed your message. Got a lot, and can't reply to them =[
Added you now though.

Otter: Haven't started a room yet. Just adding a few more people. =]

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
ahh too many people ... toast join my game?

add me everyone and tell me when you have ( I added you chris )

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
I added everyone from last three pages who weren't already in my list. Though I really think people should continue online discussion here or something (online section of forums?) and leave this one for which it was originally created, Freeloader.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Playing many online Friend matches, I've just now realised how common Marh, Ike, Falco, and Toon Link are O.o

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
someone asked/said a couple of pages back that "to be on the safe side use the freeloader for all games even those from same region"? is it true?

Top Bottom