• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Jonkenden

Smash Cadet
I ordered my free loader and US brawl yesterday, now just to play the same old waiting game. Altough I far prefer a date that is in the same month than the TBA european.. ah well gonna get the european as well, maybe give away my american brawl to someone else at that point

milind4

Smash Apprentice
so has anybody gotten the 'dust' error?? somebody should make a poll asking this qestion.. (i can't, i don't have enough posts i think)..

btw i live in india and i have a ntsc american wii, so i have no problems... just wish that play-asia would just ship me the game though....

Killer91

Smash Rookie
I bought SSBB (us version) and a Freeloader at our local toy store today..

But it isnt working :S

I got version 3.2E atm, and internet working ofcourse.
I talked to a guy who works at a game store and he told me to do this:

- Insert freeloader
- Eject it after you see colour bars
- Insert freeloader again
- Eject it again after you see colour bars.

Now insert the SSBB cd.
Now, a window should pop up, which says if I want to update it or not..

But that window isnt coming at all :(
When I insert/eject the freeloader disc twice, and then put the SSBB disc in, nothing is happening.

Anyone can help me with this? At some friends of mine it just works , but when I use the same method, nothing happens when I put the SSBB disc in..

Is there something wron with my wii? Do I need to remove something or so?
Please help me, I have no clue what to do

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
Everybody seem to get their FreeLoader from Codejunkies today but me. :( Even my finnish pal got it today though his shipped this monday and mine shipped on last friday. I will go nuts if I get Brawl tomorrow but no FreeLoader.

E: Killer91, you propably have a dusty lens on the DVD drive. Try spraying canned air in the Wiis DVD drive and see if it works. If not, your drive is one of these bad drives that don't read dual-layer discs. Then you'll just have to send it to Nintendo for repair.

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
The you might be one of the first European users with a DRE, you might want to clean your wii or send it to nintendo if the standard boot procedure doesn't work...

Goronsan

Smash Cadet
I bought SSBB (us version) and a Freeloader at our local toy store today..

But it isnt working :S

I got version 3.2E atm, and internet working ofcourse.
I talked to a guy who works at a game store and he told me to do this:

- Insert freeloader
- Eject it after you see colour bars
- Insert freeloader again
- Eject it again after you see colour bars.

Now insert the SSBB cd.
Now, a window should pop up, which says if I want to update it or not..

But that window isnt coming at all :(
When I insert/eject the freeloader disc twice, and then put the SSBB disc in, nothing is happening.

Anyone can help me with this? At some friends of mine it just works , but when I use the same method, nothing happens when I put the SSBB disc in..

Is there something wron with my wii? Do I need to remove something or so?
Please help me, I have no clue what to do
Have you tried just to run the freeloader once?
I think you may have the lens issue with your wii , try your freeloader at a friends house or something

Goronsan

Smash Cadet
How long did it take? I ordered the Freeloader last Sunday...
I orderd March 03 and got it today . I was extremly lucky to get the payment through and everything like that beacuse the delivery is random , Codejunkies does not do the " first to order first to get " at all.

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the shippings are totally random from Codejunkies. My pal ordered his a couple days before me, but mine got sent earlier. Though he still got it today, but I didn't. Sucks ***. >_<

Killer91

Smash Rookie
Have you tried just to run the freeloader once?
I think you may have the lens issue with your wii , try your freeloader at a friends house or something

Other games don't got any problems with it..
Is there any way to just clean it?

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
**** yeah!

My Freeloader came today, even though it still said inprocess/unpaid/unshipped.

Now just waiting on Brawl from Play-Asia with economy shipping. :[

Goronsan

Smash Cadet
Other games don't got any problems with it..
Is there any way to just clean it?
The only way to clean it is to open it or use "canned air". Since brawl is a dual-layer disc , your wii is struggling too much to read it beacuse it has dust on the lens.

Be careful with your consoles kids -.-

Machete

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I've a question: Is 365games reliable?
I'm going to import my Brawl and FreeLoader there, but I need to know if I can trust in them.

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
WHAT!? That's not fair... :(
Mine says Completed/Paid/Shipped and i still haven't got it...
My order has been saying that from last friday and I didn't get it. Still my pal got it though his Freeloader was sent on monday. Yes I'm repeating myself but I'm just so pissed about codejunkies. And I'm going crazy watching these Brawl videos. :D

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
I orderd March 03 and got it today . I was extremly lucky to get the payment through and everything like that beacuse the delivery is random , Codejunkies does not do the " first to order first to get " at all.
Oh really? I ordered 03 too...maybe I'll get it soon :D

NeuralScan

Smash Cadet
I'm going to import my Brawl and FreeLoader there, but I need to know if I can trust in them.
I think they're safe. I bought my Brawl+Freeloader from an ebay seller shop (Xbiteworld, I think), and in the despatch email they advertised their site, 365games. I ordered on sunday, recieved wednesday, everything works perfectly :)

kereo

Smash Cadet
I am still waiting for my order from 365games (ordered monday). But then again, I don't likve in the UK, so its expected to take abit longer. Having high hopes it will arive tomorow though :D

LinkZ

Smash Rookie
I'm in the UK, bought it at 4pm on Monday and got it delivered yesterday, no problems at all for me and it works spot on.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Ok, since a lot of people have their copies now.

Anyone wanna exchange FC's? =]

I got a few last night, and had some good matches. I want some more people so it'll be easier to make a FFA.

milind4

Smash Apprentice
I will put up my brawl FC as soon as I get it from play-asia, and I expect it to arrive at monday
when did u order it and when did it ship?

i ordered it way back in december and it shipped last monday.. i hope it comes next week or the week after(component cables i ordered and shipped on jan. 25 still haven't come):ohwell:

i have so much trouble just because of the stupid indian customs officials...

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
I ordered Brawl from play-asia last thursday and it shipped this monday. Might just be here tomorrow if I'm lucky. But I still don't have the **** Freeloader and I don't want my Brawl to come taunt me for the whole weekend.

milind4

Smash Apprentice
oh if you get it tomorrow i'll be amazed.. unless you didn't take free shipping like i did? knowing the customs here, i can only hope for next week or the week after....

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
It shipped last monday from play-asia too, and it should arrive next monday to wednesday if the customs wont notice the package, otherwise they might hold it a little longer (because they obviously want to play the game themselves first) :lick:

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
Is there a free shipping option in play-asia? Well I took the cheapest shipping (economy air bubble). If I remember right my Phantom Hourglass came on the same week it was shipped. Can't check that now cause play-asia servers are down.

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
I also chose the economy air bubble, but it isn't free, and the shipping time is around 5-10 days, and I expect 7-9 days for me when customs let it pass

kereo

Smash Cadet
I also chose the economy air bubble, but it isn't free, and the shipping time is around 5-10 days, and I expect 7-9 days for me when customs let it pass
Where did you order? As I said before, last time I ordered from Amazon.co.uk it arrived on friday after ordering on monday. So I have high hopes my order from 365games will aswell.

>.>

<.<

Hey, a guy can dream and hope right?

milind4

Smash Apprentice
wow... customs only two days?? over here, if you're unlucky and the customs notices the package, it cant ake from 1 - 2 weeks for you to receive it.. if you receive it (i'm serious)...

yeah, when shipping to india, the economy bubble/box are both free...

milind4

Smash Apprentice
Where did you order? As I said before, last time I ordered from Amazon.co.uk it arrived on friday after ordering on monday. So I have high hopes my order from 365games will aswell.

>.>

<.<

Hey, a guy can dream and hope right?
he ordered from play-asia.com.

Woozah

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dizztro
3DS FC
3866-8092-9570
well, my feeling about 365 games is going down each day...
payed tuesday before 3 pm (they despatch the same day if ordered before 3 pm, so the site advertises...) and status went to payment received.
next day it went to being picked and now it still remains the same...
maybe im overreacting, but if it can take up to 3/4 days to send something away,
just put it in a mail somewhere.

not only this, but also the customer supports bugs.
you cant mail the guy who owns the site or anything, for questions that you have about your order but you can only make a ticket. which i have up now for 3 days btw and still no reply.
not that i dont trust them or anything but i dont like not knowing whats going and not even able to contact the site where im buying from.

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
well, my feeling about 365 games is going down each day...
payed tuesday before 3 pm (they despatch the same day if ordered before 3 pm, so the site advertises...) and status went to payment received.
next day it went to being picked and now it still remains the same...
maybe im overreacting, but if it can take up to 3/4 days to send something away,
just put it in a mail somewhere..
I know how you feel, but you shouldn't complain... some of us have to wait weeks, you know...

Top Bottom