• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
i bet you were crappin your pants when it wouldn't give you brawl back. you finally get it and it's determined to take it away from you. lol
I WAS GOING METAL. lol :laugh:

I was pushing the button to eject tons of times but it didn't I was all >> :demon: << when it happened

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
The screen is Black and white, showing no colour. Same happened to me, until I sorted out my TV settings.

Just connected to Wifi and got my Brawl fc =D
Gonna start some matches soon. Gonna practise a bit more though I think. I'm still pretty crappy at Brawl xD

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
tvs which don't support 60hz will play the game in black and white.

My tv is strange, when a game gives you the option of playing in 60hz they all work fine EXCEPT for shadows of the colossus. I have to play that in 50hz or otherwise it plays it with no colour.

Heres hoping that brawl isn't like shadows & heres hoping as well that I don't get the disc read error.

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
i was thinking of getting this but i'll just wait for the EU/PAL release (whenever the hell that is) seems like a waste of money to buy the US one just to try it, and the eventually get the Eu one

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
I am soooo rediculously bored... so bored that i have just been downstairs, grabbed a glass of juice, poured it from one glass, into another, into another x5 and checked if the volume decreased... it obviously did.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Offtopic: I couldn't resist a game of Mario Strikers Charged when I had updated my Wii. ^_^

Ontopic: My Freeloader has just been paid. And still I haven't ordered a copy of Brawl...

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
i was thinking of getting this but i'll just wait for the EU/PAL release (whenever the hell that is) seems like a waste of money to buy the US one just to try it, and the eventually get the Eu one
Well if the us version works fine then I won't buy the EU Version. I can cope with the lack of updates and if I have to I'll pick up a 2nd hand copy.

I Said to myself before

April: Fine
May: Pushing it
June: No way in hell

It's not coming out in April, it MIGHT come out in May but for me thats simply to long.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I think I can stick to the US copy as well. If I really have to update my Wii though, I think I'll sell it and buy the PAL-version. I hope it gets released before that happens.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I just bought a freeloader and guess what my friend went over to america yesterday and he's bringing brawl back for me.YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Netto-kun

Smash Rookie
"Hello Kenny McCormick,

Your order or part of it has been despatched from Gameseek and should be with you shortly!"

I was suprised how fast Gameseek was with dispatching the Freeloader. Got this e-mail an hour after I ordered the Freeloader. :D

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
Well if the us version works fine then I won't buy the EU Version. I can cope with the lack of updates and if I have to I'll pick up a 2nd hand copy.

I Said to myself before

April: Fine
May: Pushing it
June: No way in hell

It's not coming out in April, it MIGHT come out in May but for me thats simply to long.
even if you dont update your system, what stops nintendo from not adding a freeload-breaking-firmwire-update in coming games?

Zilon

Smash Rookie
www.divineo.co.uk

They are really good, they have brawl in stock and ship straight away. My mate ordered is early yesterday next day shipping (cut of time 4) and recieved it at 12 today.

Zilon

Smash Rookie
www.divineo.co.uk

They are really good for the freeloader, they have brawl in stock and ship straight away. My mate ordered is early yesterday next day shipping (cut of time 4) and recieved it at 12 today.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
even if you dont update your system, what stops nintendo from not adding a freeload-breaking-firmwire-update in coming games?
Firstly it would only be 1st party games, so possibly mario kart which I'm not to bothered about anyway.

and secondly Codejunkies have said that if an update blocks the freeloader then you can send it back to them and they'll update it.

As I also said before, if the worst case scenario were to happen I'd pick up a cheap 2nd hand copy of EU brawl.

Like most people on this forum, I bought my Wii for brawl. though there are great games on it (Galaxy, Metroid prime) I'd be perfectly happy simply playing brawl with my mates.

flywithme

Smash Rookie
nothing. youd have to buy a new freeloader. what im more worried about is having my wii bricked for using the freeloader.

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
mine was sent out today on first class, so i should get it tomorrow or the day after :D :D :D

Cant wait... well, i can, because Liverpool vs Inter is on tonight :D

kooky

Smash Cadet
firstly, you can send in your freeloader to datel and they replace it, if nintendo would EVER try to stop the freeloader working.
Secondly, nintendo once stated that they don't care bout region free software, they even said that they didn't intend the gamecube freeloader to stop working, it was just a coincidence happening with upgrading the software. I don't know the source anymore, sry guys, but the least thing i would care about is nintendo stopping your freeloaders.
Everyone, just enjoy brawl.

PS: If bad bad nintendo stops your freeloader you will have to pay postal charges for sending it to Datel... OMG

PPS: i'm not sure if every word is correct in the text above, my mother tongue isn't english and it was quite hard for me to write down what i wanted to say^^

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
Btw, if you have firmware version 3.2E the games that come with an update won't install it automatically. The Wii should now inform you if there's an update you need to install on the disc and you can choose not to install.

Calibre

Smash Rookie
firstly, you can send in your freeloader to datel and they replace it, if nintendo would EVER try to stop the freeloader working.
Secondly, nintendo once stated that they don't care bout region free software, they even said that they didn't intend the gamecube freeloader to stop working, it was just a coincidence happening with upgrading the software. I don't know the source anymore, sry guys, but the least thing i would care about is nintendo stopping your freeloaders.
Everyone, just enjoy brawl.

PS: If bad bad nintendo stops your freeloader you will have to pay postal charges for sending it to Datel... OMG

PPS: i'm not sure if every word is correct in the text above, my mother tongue isn't english and it was quite hard for me to write down what i wanted to say^^

Sounded pretty good to me. Your English...

w00t. Hopefully my Brawl/Freeloader combo should arrive in the next 2-3days

MarkSmashMan

Smash Rookie
why is everyone worried about their wii getting bricked? if you go onto the officialnintendomagazine forums, there is a topic regarding the freeloader, the person who made this thread contacted datel
and they confirmed that the wii won't get bricked

• WII FREELOADER IGNORES ALL REGION-CODING.
• WII FREELOADER IGNORES ALL WII UPDATES ON A FOREIGN-REGION WII GAME DISK (INCLUDING SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL).
• WII FREELOADER IGNORES THE NECESSITY OF CHECKING FOR GAME UPDATES; THUS ALLOWING THE GAME FILES TO BE PLAYED SAFELY WITHOUT ANY RISK OF BRICKING YOUR WII CONSOLE.
• CODEJUNKIES STAFF HAVE CONFIRMED TO ME, BY PHONE, THAT IF A WII FIRMWARE UPDATE SOMEHOW BLOCKS THE WII FREELOADER, THEY WILL SEND YOU AN UPDATED WII FREELOADER FREE OF CHARGE WHEN ONE IS CREATED, AS LONG AS YOU HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE OF YOUR ORIGINAL COPY OF WII FREELOADER.
• YOU CAN UPDATE YOUR WII CONSOLE SAFELY BY EITHER OF THE TWO NORMAL METHODS (1: WHEN NINTENDO SENDS YOU A WII-MAIL, 2: BY THE "UPDATE WII SYSTEM" OPTION IN THE WII SETTINGS) WITHOUT RISKING INOPERABILITY OF YOUR NINTENDO WII CONSOLE.

cr00mz

Smash Cadet
ok good to know, i didnt know only nintendo games had updates on their discs, will still wait a couiple of days to see what everyone says. i will be monitoring this thread CAREFULLY!

i await your impressions!

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
Yes, you are right. Using FreeLoader won't get your Wii bricked. But no one can tell if your Wii will get bricked cause of the update that comes on the US/Japanese disc. It could brick your Wii on future firmware updates. Of course Datel won't mention these cases. That would just hurt their market.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
I got the freeloader today and Us brawl they both work great no promblems at all I can even play online.

No joke .

I just unlocked luigi he is pretty awesome =]

kereo

Smash Cadet
Yay. Got an email saying my order has been despatched today! As I said, I ordered a book from Amazon.co.uk, and that arrived on a friday when I ordered it on monday night. So I kinda have hight hopes! :D

Calibre

Smash Rookie
I got the freeloader today and Us brawl they both work great no promblems at all I can even play online.

No joke .

I just unlocked luigi he is pretty awesome =]
OMG, thats good to hear. Any Pics to post?

Woozah

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dizztro
3DS FC
3866-8092-9570
anyone here that ordered from 365games.uk ?
the site says if you order before 3 pm, they despatch it that same day.
i ordered mine around 1 pm, and my status is still: Payment received :ohwell:
anyways, made a ticket about when they send it and if they know how many days it will take to be delivered (i hope like 3/4 days, is possible since the netherlands is not that far from uk).
then i prolly get to play brawl friday or saturday :p

Calibre

Smash Rookie
anyways, made a ticket about when they send it and if they know how many days it will take to be delivered (i hope like 3/4 days, is possible since the netherlands is not that far from uk).
I ordered from 365games.co.uk.

They replied to my email immediatley enquiring about postage.

I ordered mine on MOnday Morning and pyaed an extra £2 for a 1-2 day delivery. Its down to Royal Mail to make sure it gets to me tommorow. If not. I shan't be happy.

kereo

Smash Cadet
Woozah, I to am from the Netherlands, and placed an order with 365games. I emailed them about how long they estimated it would take. They could give me no guarantee, however, he said it usually takes 3-7 work days for delivery's to the Netherlands.

Also, I placed my order last night, and got an email 2 hours ago saying it was despatched. So if you didn't, I assume they are still processing your order or something. I'm guessing the same day despatch is only for their UK costumers.

In another note, I ordered a book from Amazon.co.uk a few weeks ago. I also made the order on a monday evening, and it arrived the following friday. So I have high hopes :)

Woozah

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dizztro
3DS FC
3866-8092-9570
thanks for the reply's Calibre and Kereo :)
yeah i think that make sense, since i ordered today i prolly get a mail tomorrow saying it is despatch aswell :)
3 to 7 days isnt that bad, and also that it is brawl + freeloader makes it a better catch :laugh:
then when it comes in the mail, i can start right away :chuckle:

UsernameLink

Smash Journeyman
I ordered at 10am and i got an email saying they have sent it off, I got first class so it should be here tomorrow or day after :)

Top Bottom