• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, I checked on my Freeloader which was ordered from Codejunkies on the 2nd, and it shipped on the 6th according to the order tracking. Dunno when it'll arrive, but I'll report back if it works out seeing as how we have a retail JPN copy which we otherwise haven't been able to load up..

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
I imagine you ordered from the US site, which would explain why yours shipped so fast. After all, Europeans have a lot more reason to get a Freeloader at this point then Americans do, so the European site probably had a lot more orders. I ordered mine on the 29th and it still hasn't shipped. As long as it ships by Monday though I'm not to bothered. Probably won't get my Brawl till the 13th or later anyway.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Well, I checked on my Freeloader which was ordered from Codejunkies on the 2nd, and it shipped on the 6th according to the order tracking. Dunno when it'll arrive, but I'll report back if it works out seeing as how we have a retail JPN copy which we otherwise haven't been able to load up..
If everything goes well, I guess it will arrive in just a few days. A week tops. Let's just keep praying for that it's working with Brawl. It would really piss me off if it didn't after all this.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Codejunkies US or EU?

I ordered from the EU one on the 28th and I'm pretty clueless as to it's status.

I MIGHT, simply buy another freeloader with a definite postage date and then just send back the one which comes 2nd. I have the money and I lack the patience.

dirtypoison

Smash Apprentice
I have a very important question:

What version is US BRAWL 3.2, or 3.1? I have 3.1E right now on my console, should I update it.

Brawl Lover

Smash Rookie
Yes - but the videos dont show the delay in you inputting a move and it happening. Even small lag really isnt acceptable, yet ive played 20 matches against opponents close and far and ive not yet had a match that is anywhere near small lag.

edit :watch the toon link. He is lagging incredibly badly.
It may not be "acceptable" but it's what we've got so we can either deal with it or not.

dirtypoison

Smash Apprentice
Oh, so you found me. Or, it was rather me who found you. You can update, I guess.
Yes you found me :]
Ok, does it matter if I update or not? Or is it better if I do?
Becuase 3.2 version will work perfecly fine if Brawl is 3.1?

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Yes you found me :]
Ok, does it matter if I update or not? Or is it better if I do?
Becuase 3.2 version will work perfecly fine if Brawl is 3.1?
Codejunkies have said that it should work with 3.2, so I'd update before you get the US Brawl, and not update for a while after you get it.
I think Brawl is 3.2 anyway isn't it?

Brawl Lover

Smash Rookie
I think I'll wait to hear confirmation before I install the 3.2 update. Any volunteers to test it?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Argh, I really want it by Saturday. :laugh:

I might send them an email. Thanks for posting the email address.

EDIT: I sent them a mail :p

_Slick_

Smash Ace

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Argh, I've already ordered 2 Freeloaders :( Good deal as it is... I think I'll have to wait for my US copy of Brawl.

bmc have taken all their freeloaders down from eBay. I don't get it :(

Dark Google

Smash Cadet
"bmc have taken all their freeloaders down from eBay. I don't get it "

I bought one and have already paid for it. I sent them an email asking them about this, but as of yet no response.

They better send them out.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
"bmc have taken all their freeloaders down from eBay. I don't get it "

I bought one and have already paid for it. I sent them an email asking them about this, but as of yet no response.

They better send them out.
They're still sending them out.They E-mailed me. They expected them in today, and in their E-mail they said they'd ship the day they got them. Could've been shipped today.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I'd update now. CodeJunkies have said that the Freeloader works with 3.2 I'd update to 3.2, and keep it at 3.2 for a good few months, before they release 3.3, which COULD have something that bricks the Freeloader on it.
I'm not updating again until the PAL Brawl comes out

I think Brawl needs the Wii at 3.2 anyway.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
Good job, Im already on 3.2. wont be upgrading it until i get confirmation of '3.3 does NOT brick your wii'
Also, yay! Shipped today from bmc. Mekz mii happee!

Quoting from bmc delivery info
'Items are shipped daily. Most UK orders arrive within 24-48 hours of order being placed. ' Does that mean we should have it by monday :O I wasnt expectin it til like the 13th-15th.
Although I get Brawl around 15th-25th, this will make the wait a bit more acceptable as I know I have one major part of my Brawl experience... just missing the game itself...

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Good job, Im already on 3.2. wont be upgrading it until i get confirmation of '3.3 does NOT brick your wii'
Also, yay! Shipped today from bmc. Mekz mii happee!
How'd you know it shipped today? :O
Did they send a shipping E-mail to you?

Hm. Hope they shipped today. I just want it to get here, then all I'll have to worry about is Brawl actually being shipped on Monday, and hopefully arriving Thursday/Friday xD

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
How'd you know it shipped today? :O
Did they send a shipping E-mail to you?

Hm. Hope they shipped today. I just want it to get here, then all I'll have to worry about is Brawl actually being shipped on Monday, and hopefully arriving Thursday/Friday xD
No, i just mean that they said they will probably ship today

Dark Google

Smash Cadet
How do we know they're being shipped out in a random order? How do we know they're even being shipped out at all?

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Aaaaaaaand now my order says Shipped. Yay.

But, um...what does the patch thing mean for this? Doesn't it work kind of like an update?

DalzK

Smash Apprentice
Ordered 3-4 days ago and status is shipped...yay :p
Now i just need to hope Gamestop has enough stock for me on the 10th :p

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Hm.
Barnes and Noble said they'd send an E-mail out soon with an expected ship date of my copy of Brawl. Getting quite anxious =S
Hope there won't be any back-orders. Since Barnes and Noble get their games from Gamestop, and Gamestop said they have 1 million pre-orders on the site O.o

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
So is bmc shipping them today? I sent them an email yesterday and I've had no reply just yet. Doubtful it'll come tomorrow right? I ordered it on Monday :(

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Should be shipping them today.
Also, I'm sure it said " Next day delivery" on their auction for the Freeloader. If they were shipped today they should be here tomorrow.

That auction on Ebay with the copy of Brawl being shipped on the 10th, and arriving on the Wednesday tempts me more and more everyday... D:

Top Bottom