• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Yeah man, great matches.

In my opinion your Sheik was prolly slightly more suited for fighting my Tlink.

That Sheik stock was a bit rapetastic.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Lol. Indeed. Sheik's a better match up for TLink.
Zelda gets out-prioritized far too much. Sheik's speed was also a plus. Zelda finishing with the KO move also helps though.

I couldn't find a good time to transform during your last stock though xP

Ugh. I'm really not tired, but I better go anyway =[
Never wake up.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Sheik's speed definatley helped you get a one up on me during that game. I don't think there's any shame in changing into Sheik if the match up requires it, the two seem much more balanced in this game. It's a shame they put the transformation time up though.

And yeah, insomnia sucks eh? =D

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Yeah, I never usually use Sheik. I often found her speed to be too much for me.
I preferred to go it alone with Zelda.

The sad truth is, however, that Zelda is seriously gimped against fast characters, so I think Sheik should probably enter my strategies sometimes xP

Is Toon Link your main?
Or Jigglypuff?

Yeah. I can never get to sleep until like 4 =/
I always try and go to bed earlier, but I end up sitting up.

Hmm.. I may fit this " go to bed so you can actually wake up" thought flooding my head and go back on wifi xD

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
I've been experimenting with who I main really.

Initially it was Ike, until I unlocked Toon Link and Jiggly. (Ylink, Sheik and Jiggz were my melee mains) I played around with Jiggs, don't like her so much.

I think my mains at the moment are T.Link (who I'll be sticking with) and Kirby. I seem to be best/most comfortable with them. ^___^

I really can't wait till Brawl comes out in the EU. Hopefully some big tourneys will kick off. I'm totally hoping GAME hold something so I can win my copy of Brawl. ;D

Kone

Smash Master
'Big' tourneys will be ran by independent players unless with a. their ran by likes of game as launch tournies that will have terrible rulesets, b. online tournaments that will be useless cos of lag or c. the odd eent like OSplay.

Other than that id advise people to travel to the independant tournaments. This has happened for the last five years. Theres always a large turnout of the best players in the UK and tournaments are normally pre-planned to circulate around the UK to avoid players always travelling to a specific place of far away.

The first UK tournament will be ran by myself in May. This is likely to be pre-EU release but will however likely have 30 people. Not a bad amount for a game that isnt released. Expect other similar tournaments through summer.

If interested see http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=158843

yogho

Smash Apprentice
guys i ordered from 365 games on thursday last week and i still dont have it. How long does it take to get it in Holland? I wanna play so much cant wait any longer.

kereo

Smash Cadet
PM me your friend code when you get it :D

On that note, are there still people that are awaiting registration for me? If yes, please pm so I can add you.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
RAWR I can't decide my main... I need to play someone and ask them who they thought I fought better with anyone up to help XO preferably someone thats decent at the game =]. ( Except SJI he camps like hell...)

Choices are Diddy, Falco and Snake

raydinneed

Smash Apprentice
Before playing brawl I couldn't decide who to main... awesome cast and such

Got it 3 days ago, played random a few times and oh well... lucas is just awesome... I LOVE his entire moveset (although I really hated melee-ness) and he's just my style

To the above poster: Decide it by yourself, play with all 3 of them for a while, then decide it (not by "with who I win the most matches", get the one you feel better playing with, you'll improve soon if you like him)

I'll post my FC in a few days, when I connect my Wii to the internet (shame on me)

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I remember 3 of your choices Ken.
You're best with Diddy and Falco. Probably best with Falco though.
The only thing I can remember from the Diddy battle was his annoying bananas xD

Otter: Hm. I don't think I've ever went up against your Kirby. Your TL was good. Good use of the projectiles and such.

There's a tournament near me soon I think. DVD PM'd me about it. Don't think I'll go in for it though =S

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
Toast can you go online now =[ I need to find my main =O...

Im hosting now X__x

lil_smash

Smash Rookie
got a freeloader and NTSC brawl today
only plays in black and white, but apart from that its fine

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Quite a laggy first match we had their Ken.
I never get lag with you D:

Other matches went fine though.

**** you and your fast, high priority, combo-ers >.>
I need to get better with Sheik. Zelda's too slow for them.

I liked your Snake best I'd say.
It bugged the hell out of me. lol.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
lol ok thanks I think im gonna drop falco I don't really like his playstyle just kept with him cos I could spike really well with him but I don't know... I love diddy even though Im not too good with him and snake is just awesome...

I don't know how I pulled off that bomb stick on your face at the end that was pretty neat lol but good games you connected two uber lightning kicks on me in a row when I was diddy xO...

And yeah metaknight is **** crazy against slow characters lol when you turned into shiek I struggled xP

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Lol. Yeah. I think I was getting desperate at that point. I was on my last stock, and you were just at the start of your 2nd if I remember. I had to bring out the lightning kicks then xP
They're darn hard to pull off in brawl though.

Yeah. meta Knight's a beat against slow characters :O
His priority's pretty decent. I didn't realise he was that good.

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
Ken, I'd say that your Diddy Kong and Snake give me the most trouble.

And if it wasn't for Toon Link's shield, your Falco would be a bother too. :3

[bloody april fools day]

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
yeah falco is officially now my thirtery ( never could spell that word) Diddy is my main cos I love him and snake is 2nd =] ...

Good games Xtreme fox Im gonna take some screenies of the double thingys we done with perfect timing =]

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
yeah falco is officially now my thirtery ( never could spell that word) Diddy is my main cos I love him and snake is 2nd =] ...

Good games Xtreme fox Im gonna take some screenies of the double thingys we done with perfect timing =]
Right after we did the donkey one I wondered why you ended the match quick, lol. Then I thought it was to save replays to get the pics but I was too late, Doh XD.

Also anyone want to see the first stage I made and released online? CLICKY HERE. :)

Andromeda

Smash Lord
Sorry, Xtreme Starfox, but the morons at home turned of my computer, so the Wii lost contact with the Wi-Fi Connector. But I doubt I would've won sometime even if we continued. :urg: But I wasn't very motivated, because I had been suffering total defeat to the guy in the game you tried to join at first, and was a bit mad at myself to be so bad at the game.

Einzelkind

Smash Rookie
So on March 17th I ordered Brawl for the first time.Something went wrong with the order,I paid 60€ for nothing(but I got them back).
After that I ordered it a second time and it finally got dispatched last Friday,but it's still not there.
I heard that there are some problems with the British air mail ,because there's a new gate or something on their biggest airport,which still causes trouble.'OK' , I said to myself, 'I can still wait a few days'.But now the German mail went on strike!I think some irresistible force doesn't want me to get the game.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
omg!
I can finally see images on the site, which means I can edit posts , etc again =D
Finally lolz.

Well, think I'mma go on Wifi for the first time in about 4 days, lol.
Anyone up for a few games later? x]

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... just post here when you want to play xP although my online seems a bit wierd it says everyones offline most of the time...even they are online

MrOtter

Smash Journeyman
I'll be online around 9.30 with my friend Chris.

If I join in a game for doubles, me and chris will be blue team. ^___^

God, without communication team battles are such a farse.

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
lol I know otter It takes like 11 matches to get even teams up( 2 red 2 blue) but then if you want to switch teams you need another 5 games X__x

Me and Toast on red vs otter and someone on blue 9:30? Done yay =]

Dakis

Smash Rookie
22 days after shipping now.
:(
Not really , also from evil dutchieland and waiting 22 days exactly as well
Where did you guys order it from? I ordered it from 365games.co.uk last Friday and got both Brawl and the freeloader on Tuesday. I didn't even expect it that soon.

Anyway, I need to ask a dumb question.
Where can you find your Brawl FC? I saw it the first time I went online, but now it doesn't show it anymore, and I have no idea where I can find it.

raydinneed

Smash Apprentice
Where did you guys order it from? I ordered it from 365games.co.uk last Friday and got both Brawl and the freeloader on Tuesday. I didn't even expect it that soon.
Got it in 4 days (although the mail guy was dumb and left it on the community mail box, i'll kill him, seriously), you guys should contact them

Top Bottom