• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Rescue for PAL-smashers - Freeloader for Wii! *Bad news folks*

craiigg

Smash Lord
To anyone wanting to clean their lens,
I just opened my Wii up using a triwing screwdriver (try Ebay), if you need help search google for How to open wii and there should be an instructional video that'll help you =)

When you're inside just clean with damp tissue or something. Mine wasn't playing any games at all for a while, but now it reads everything first time =)

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Where you ordered your freeloader from? =O
Ebay. Got an email from them today. They've sent it out, and it's on next day delivery. Also got an E-mail for Divenio, and they've sent another one out next day delivery xD

I'mma have 2 freeloaders by tomorrow.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
I imagine online will work fine:

From ShortFuse's online FAQ thread:
* This is how it works. Nintendo does not host their own servers. They use GameSpy/IGN servers. The Wii connects to the Gamespy server(s). The server responds with you the IP of the person(s) you want to play. After that, the game creates a DIRECT connection to your opponent(s) by means of random Outgoing UDP connections. There is no proxying from the Gamespy servers. If there's lag, that is the latency between you and your opponent(s). It has nothing to do with Gamespy (or Nintendo) servers.
So since Nintendo don't have their own servers, region hacking shouldn't affect online play since it's all done through Gamespy.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Ok, skimming through the manual I found this out about the update:
" Please note that when first loading the game disc into the Wii console, the Wii will check if you have the latest system menu , and if necessary a Wii system update screen will appear. Press OK to proceed."

Sounds like if you have your Wii on 3.2 the update is not needed. I don't know if if you already have 3.2 the update just won't appear, or if Freeloader will just bypass. Either way, the game does NOT need the update to work.
I think we're alright guys.

I also took the disc out of the case for a little look, and the inner rim of the disk looks dirty, I wiped the inner part of the disc and put it back in the case. Hope it doesn't stop the Wii from reading the disc.

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
The online play WILL work, but you can expect huge lag even in friends mode. As for what I've heard from some guys testing out online play on Japan Brawl the lag was horrible. That's just cause the servers are in Japan. And it won't be much better on US servers. I just hope that I'm wrong.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well, I don't wana read the last 10 pages right now, so can anyone summarise for me...

1. Chances of Freeloader + Brawl bricking your Wii
2. Chances of it working at all
3. Easy methods to clean your Wii's disc drive (ew innuendo)

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
Estimation from what I've heard:
1. <10%, it seems to completely skip the update, according to some
2. >90%, nearing 100% because it seems to be tested, only the lens might ruin it
3. Either use canned air or open your wii with a screwdriver

CatFreeeek

Smash Cadet
My Brawl came 2day 2. Its so weird 2 like c the game u've wanted 4 ages right in front of ur eyes & not be able 2 play it! XD My Freeloader still hasent come but I've had an email saying that codejunkies have dispatched it.

Ganon875

Smash Cadet
Strange, my freeloader was 'shipped' on last friday already, but I don't have a tracking number nor an e-mail informing me about it being dispatched? I think it will arrive this week for me, but still it's weird

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
O_O

It happened again! I was about to Cancel my Freeloader from Codejunkies and place another somewhere else. ( I was allready filling in my details to the new site.) When BAM I get mailed saying My order has been dispatched and I can track it! lol

Last time I was about to Cancel my SSBB!

I love my Google Mail Checker lol

CatFreeeek

Smash Cadet
The email wasent actually from codejunkies but codejunkies requested an email be sent 2 me informing me that theve sent the Freeloader. Hope it's not a mistake or anything, I really wanna play Brawl ASAP!

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
Yeah this is what mine said..

"This message was sent to you at the request of Codejunkies UK to notify you that the package information below has been transmitted to UPS"

CatFreeeek

Smash Cadet
Wen do u think we'll get it? I'm hoping tomoz but weds will be gd since thas my day off college. But some day this week will be great.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I can't take this copy of Brawl taunting me anymore =[

I can't wait until tomorrow. I'll be finished school at 12, and there'll be the Freeloader waiting for me 8D

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
i have a chance of gettin my brawl+freeloader tomorrow to, but i start drama at 12, got mornin off. will let you know if i get it. woo! 18 hours to go til i can play brawl (if it works, i will skip drama... im rebellious!)

GIGA-SkullKid

Smash Apprentice

I can't wait until tomorrow. I'll be finished school at 12, and there'll be the Freeloader waiting for me 8D
Id laugh if the post man ad a heart attack on the way to your house.
Na im only messin, us irish have a cruil sense of humor.
But seriously im happy (and jelous) for you, you lucky son of a... lovely unicorn.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman

You jammy git - I'll be picking it up at 12, but I don't finish university til 5. That is, if they actually get stock in tomorrow :ohwell:

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
My tracking for Freeloader has updated!

NORTH RODE,
GB 03/10/2008 5:44 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

!!!! WOO !!!!

CatFreeeek

Smash Cadet
I think I mite take the day off since no 1 will be home and my brother is also expecting sumfing 2 come aswell. I HOPE Brawl does come tomoz!

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
wow this is making my head spin cuz brawl is on my fingers but it can be crap and also im not shure if this is worth cuz brawl may be announced to come like next month who knows.

DVD Smith

Smash Journeyman
wow this is making my head spin cuz brawl is on my fingers but it can be crap and also im not shure if this is worth cuz brawl may be announced to come like next month who knows.
No chance. Nintendo have already announced their April dates (Mario Kart and Wii Fit), and Brawl wasn't among them. It'll be May at the EARLIEST, more likely June/July.

Kone

Smash Master
Chrisking: Im from newcastle originally nd have been living in sunderland the past year (it sucks :(, for uni ) . Anyway, ive been heavily involved in the UK melee scene for four years and im looking to do so in brawl (looking to hold a large brawl tourney end of may, there is a thread up in regional area). Anyway, wondering if you wanted to meet up and play some brawl? Theres 4 of us in the newcastle area currently playing brawl, i had a small tourney the weekend just gone by (vids can be found in brawl tournament video section). If you want to meet up let me know, we play at my mate wes' halls near the city centre. Im hoping to find enough people to warrant having large monthlies/bi-weeklies.

ed , msn - ceddon@hotmail.com (any other brits that are interested in brawl and the UK competitive smash scene add me, im happy to chat)

ps brawls awesome, hope you guys get your copies soon!

Influenssa

Smash Cadet
It's kind of weird that a pal of mine got a confirmation email from Codejunkies today after his FreeLoader shipped. My copy shipped on friday but I still haven't got an confirmation email about that, just the order confirmation. Can't help but to think they might have screwed my order up or something.

Xtreme Starfox

Smash Ace
It's kind of weird that a pal of mine got a confirmation email from Codejunkies today after his FreeLoader shipped. My copy shipped on friday but I still haven't got an confirmation email about that, just the order confirmation. Can't help but to think they might have screwed my order up or something.
No.... Mine said Shipped on Friday and only today have I got the Email with the Tracking number now working. I think theres nothing wrong with yours...

perfectnumpty

Smash Rookie
Hi, quick plea for help has anyone else ordered from green-doors its an ebay shop thingy its just they said it would be dispatched on the 10th and its 8oclock now so i dont think it will. Also i ordered a freeloader from Bmc last monday or tuesday and just got a dispatch email today :D

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I also got a dispatch e-mail from BMC today

Darkgoogle: Are you sure it was BMC you ordered from?
I've never had problems getting them to e-mail me, and mine has already been dispatched =S

Top Bottom