• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~The Real Toon Link~~ An Advanced Toon Link Video Guide Made By Mystic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysticc

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone.

Sorry about the poor quality, youtube really downgraded it.

I don't work with editing video's, infact I have never touched editing software and I was learning how to use adobe premiere pro as I was making the video. I used Izaw's Link guide as a guide for making mine and just threw in a few extra stuff at the end.

despite the fact i used Izaw's guide as a guide(lol) It still did take me a while to do as I didnt have a clue what I was doing but at least i know how to use the program now and I will be able to make some amazing videos in the future using no guide! :bee:

I do currently main Toon Link and am on the verge of perfecting him i hope. I do use all of these techniques when they are neccesary in my matches, and thus allows me to mix up my play style alot instead of just doing bair,nair,bair,nair,bair,nair which is quite predictable but is still ownage :laugh:

I'll be posting some match videos up soon hopefully but first I need to make my combo video once my friends all get back from their holidays.

now to the video!!! :bee:

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yW4wEFuRGU

I will be uploading the video soon onto a file sharing site in order for people to download it in its full quality.

Also I left out one or two things in the video.
First of all I didn't include how ownage TL's bair/nair is and how many you can chain so I'll make sure to show that in my combo video.
secondly many people seem to be having problems doing TL's short hop double arrow (SHDA). you dont need to do the button configuration that some people are doing (R=jump)...or at least i cant as i use left trigger to shield and right trigger to shield grab(makes it easier for me :psycho:)
all you need to do is IMMIDIETLY after short hoping press b... this way you will shoot ur arrow as you are jumping. if you do it correctly all u have to do is arrow cancel.
all your effectively doing is pressing Y/X->B->B. just practice moving your thumb quickly from Y/X to B and you'll be fine.

Enjoy!!!:) ....... and STICKY!!!:bee::bee:

Mystic.

zaf

Smash Lord
Hey everyone.

Sorry about the poor quality, youtube really downgraded it.

I don't work with editing video's, infact I have never touched editing software and I was learning how to use adobe premiere pro as I was making the video. I used Izaw's Link guide as a guide for making mine and just threw in a few extra stuff at the end.

despite the fact i used Izaw's guide as a guide(lol) It still did take me a while to do as I didnt have a clue what I was doing but at least i know how to use the program now and I will be able to make some amazing videos in the future using no guide! :bee:

I do currently main Toon Link and am on the verge of perfecting him i hope. I do use all of these techniques when they are neccesary in my matches, and thus allows me to mix up my play style alot instead of just doing bair,nair,bair,nair,bair,nair which is quite predictable but is still ownage :laugh:

I'll be posting some match videos up soon hopefully but first I need to make my combo video once my friends all get back from their holidays.

now to the video!!! :bee:

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yW4wEFuRGU

I will be uploading the video soon onto a file sharing site in order for people to download it in its full quality.

Also I left out one or two things in the video.
First of all I didn't include how ownage TL's bair/nair is and how many you can chain so I'll make sure to show that in my combo video.
secondly many people seem to be having problems doing TL's short hop double arrow (SHDA). you dont need to do the button configuration that some people are doing (R=jump)...or at least i cant as i use left trigger to shield and right trigger to shield grab(makes it easier for me :psycho:)
all you need to do is IMMIDIETLY after short hoping press b... this way you will shoot ur arrow as you are jumping. if you do it correctly all u have to do is arrow cancel.
all your effectively doing is pressing Y/X->B->B. just practice moving your thumb quickly from Y/X to B and you'll be fine.

Enjoy!!!:) ....... and STICKY!!!:bee::bee:

Mystic.
you are kidding me right? Perfection in less then a year?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Dude, NICE FRIKING VID! I want to be the first to personally thank you for that. My style is using bombs, now that I know how to do basic attacks without throwing my bomb, it should step up my game. THANK YOU! You are an awsome player. Nice combos.

Mysticc

Smash Rookie
perfection...hmm maybe too strong a word lol... what i mean is i will feel like there wont be much more i can learn with TL. only thing i will be able to improve on is tournament experience... and i suppose no one can really ever have "enough" experience... but yeah there wont be much more to learn other then the odd few glitches myself or others MIGHT find out.

zaf

Smash Lord
Dude, NICE FRIKING VID! I want to be the first to personally thank you for that. My style is using bombs, now that I know how to do basic attacks without throwing my bomb, it should step up my game. THANK YOU! You are an awsome player. Nice combos.
man, there are so many things wrong with this. It is an exact copy of Izaw. We've all seen this before. There really wasnt a need to make another video of the same stuff. Every single thing in the video is something all of the toon players have been doing for months now. Its as if you are taking a step back.

bomber, how does this make him an awesome player? Are you saying who ever can make an instructional guide is amazing? Granted he can perform these moves, but can he actually perform any of them in a match, and win?

"your favorite combo" can be DI'd and is a waste of an usmash.

RAR is not an advanced move. It is running and turning around.

Also the back short hop rang? We dont need to learn how to do something we all do once again.

ugh....i probally seem like a huge **** right now. But i dont see a need for something like this. It just seems wrong to claim to be the real toon link, when all you did was copy someone elses video of out dated, already used things.

EDIT: the game just ****ing came out, there will always be more to learn.

Mysticc

Smash Rookie
man, there are so many things wrong with this. It is an exact copy of Izaw. We've all seen this before. There really wasnt a need to make another video of the same stuff. Every single thing in the video is something all of the toon players have been doing for months now. Its as if you are taking a step back.

bomber, how does this make him an awesome player? Are you saying who ever can make an instructional guide is amazing? Granted he can perform these moves, but can he actually perform any of them in a match, and win?

"your favorite combo" can be DI'd and is a waste of an usmash.

RAR is not an advanced move. It is running and turning around.

Also the back short hop rang? We dont need to learn how to do something we all do once again.

ugh....i probally seem like a huge **** right now. But i dont see a need for something like this. It just seems wrong to claim to be the real toon link, when all you did was copy someone elses video of out dated, already used things.

EDIT: the game just ****ing came out, there will always be more to learn.
lol its an exact copy of Izaw's.. i did say that i used his guide to make mine... i've never edited a video before and i just wanted to do something for when i join the site...

ok lets go through all of your comments...

my favourite combo is a waste of an upsmash and can be DI'd...granted it can be DI'd but go ahead and DI it every single time i where to use it on you... and also I use it at low percents so it gives it time to reset if I where to use it as a KO...

RAR.. it maybe not be advanced to you and me... but there are many people out there who dont know how to do it and are still learning... it WILL be advanced to them.

backshort hop rang.... once again not every average player will have know you need to short hop to through ur boomerang when running..besides the main reason for me adding this was just to inform players about the way to cancel the lag

"ugh....i probally seem like a huge **** right now." ... im not saying anything :bee:

i dont think everyone has seen izaw's guide when they are trying to find toon link techniques... and so they will have one now....

yeah the game just came out...but i think it is safe to say that it is possible to be good at everything already known....

Bomber7

Smash Hero
-_- dont worry, I think I got a little over excited. I'm used to alot of talk like that, and flame. Though I don't take back my thanks for those techniques. They really will help me with my game once I remember how to do them and master them.

zaf

Smash Lord
that combo can be di'd lol. Trust me i know. I dont play with noobs or cpus.

Also when Izaw's video came out, someone posted a link to it here in the toon link section. WHich is how i found out about it.

If anyone needs to see how to use toon link, they will just watch a vdieo of santi, lobos or soup. Which is why rar and "back shorthop rang" didnt need to be added. Watching one video of those 3, will show someone.

EDIT:

When people first come to the toon link forum, they will first look at the top threads. Being the stickied ones. There are two stickies.

Toon Link Useful Links Directory

EddE's tips on TL (some useful, others weird) + some general TL knowledge

They would have already checked them.

Mysticc

Smash Rookie
i didnt say it cant be DI'd... i said try and DI an attack every single time

anyway there's no need to be such a critic and a hater.. im just trying to help lol.. tbh i cant really be bothered to argue so let's just leave it wherever you want.. the whole point of me making this video is because i wanted to learn how to edit videos and i wanted to make a descriptional guide for TL...

oh and thanks for the warm welcome :bee:

zaf

Smash Lord
i didnt say it cant be DI'd... i said try and DI an attack every single time

anyway there's no need to be such a critic and a hater.. im just trying to help lol.. tbh i cant really be bothered to argue so let's just leave it wherever you want.. the whole point of me making this video is because i wanted to learn how to edit videos and i wanted to make a descriptional guide for TL...

oh and thanks for the warm welcome :bee:
Try and DI an attack every single time? Isnt that the point of DI-ing?You dont just do it every now and then when you feel like it cuz its cool. lol nice one.

Im not trying to be a hater, im really not. I just dont see the need to redo old ****. There are stickied threads for the purpose of helping beginners. Posting really old things wont help when we want to further a character

Mysticc

Smash Rookie
when u start that combo on 0~10% you can't DI far enough.... thats when I use it..

also its not REALLY OLD... its just an EASIER way to learn ALL of the currently known TL techniques in ONCE place..AND it's a video.... ok NOW im done lol :p

l SOUP l

Smash Apprentice
Good job ^_^, this will help the players that are just starting out with TL. I wish it wasn't so similar to Izaw's guide though. TL needs to be original :(.

Liovidal007

Smash Cadet
nice vid dude! should definitely help those ppl in europe and australia that recently got the game. Keep up the good work! dont worry too much about haters. you find several throughout the boards :)

dethangel619

Smash Rookie

Mysticc

Smash Rookie
no i havent made a combo vid yet... yeah i ripped of Izaw's video.. its not like i was trying to hide it... and i did it because I just wanted to learn how to edit videos sooooo i just wanted to find something to do. I did a TL guide and decided to post it up... at the end of the day it is still going to help people and if it is going to do that I don't see what the problem is to be honest. if ANYONE has a right to complain, it can only really be Izaw... and i dont see why he'd be against..personally I'd be happy if I knew my work had helped someone learn how to edit videos...

ANYWAY now that i know what im doing i'll make a combo video...with my own stuff ~~ :p

o and that zelda tune just rocks..at least i put in a GG tune and edited the other zelda tune to make it last longer...

if anyone else wants to hate some more just keep it to yourself... either watch it and learn... or don't watch it! :bee: :bee: :bee:

TLMarth

Smash Ace
Nice, I learned some good stuff about bombs, but you forgot the shda. Oh. It's at the end.
With the bomb f-smash, it seems that you hold A while doing any other action that doesn't throw the bomb, then c-stick it.
This is going in teh directory.

Izaw

Smash Ace
wow.. eum.. I don't know what to say... =/

Just wierd...

Well.. good job on the video. I don't really have anything to complain about unless you make an annotation in the beggining that says "This is a rippoff from The Art Of Link, click here to see the original* or something like that :p.

Also make this video a response to Art of Link.. since it... should be?

Mysticc

Smash Rookie
lol yeah i'll make it a response...
just to clear it up a little the only reason why I ..ehem "ripped it off" (lol) is because i wanted to learn how to use premiere pro for a course im starting next month. Instead of using a tutorial i just wanted to dive right in and so just tried to mimic the effects you used.. i think i did an "OK" job considering that though lol...

Izaw

Smash Ace
Yea I understand and I have no problem with that, just make sure to let other people know it IS a rippoff with the annotation ;)

Mysticc

Smash Rookie
I've said so everywhere it's been posted :D ( here& youtube so far :p )

Santi

Smash Lord
I actually took a few things from this video that I need to apply into my game.

Bomb drop>aerial to catch bomb.

And I saw somewhere in there a jab cancel into Dsmash.
I liked that. It's better than just trying to hit that Dsmash early percent and missing.
The Jab cancel into it is much more efficient.

zaf

Smash Lord
I actually took a few things from this video that I need to apply into my game.

Bomb drop>aerial to catch bomb.

And I saw somewhere in there a jab cancel into Dsmash.
I liked that. It's better than just trying to hit that Dsmash early percent and missing.
The Jab cancel into it is much more efficient.
im sure ive seen you do that somewhere in a video or two o.o'?

thats how i usually gimp in early stocks.

Santi

Smash Lord
im sure ive seen you do that somewhere in a video or two o.o'?

thats how i usually gimp in early stocks.
Jab cancel into Dsmash?

ha maybe I have. I don't remember half the stuff I do.

If I do it then I should prolly do it more.

zaf

Smash Lord
im sure ive also seen you shot a bomb at someones shield and nair to hit them and grab the bomb again. lol.

Remember what you do !! this **** works

Santi

Smash Lord
im sure ive also seen you shot a bomb at someones shield and nair to hit them and grab the bomb again. lol.

Remember what you do !! this **** works
Yea I know I do that.

I'm talking about not hitting anything with the bomb.
Just SH drop bomb aerial>catch bomb.

Silex

Smash Cadet
Yes Santi, it's a pretty good move, I worked on it last week ^^
There's some combos with Zair + Nair.
But my Bomb guide is a little boring xD I'll update some vids of this combo (one of the most hard has take in hand that I know).

Santi

Smash Lord
Yes Santi, it's a pretty good move, I worked on it last week ^^
There's some combos with Zair + Nair.
But my Bomb guide is a little boring xD I'll update some vids of this combo (one of the most hard has take in hand that I know).
I'll work on some bomb stuff too, and if I find anything interesting I'll let you know.

4Serial

Smash Lord
honestly, you could have learned premiere pro without completely biting off of his video. you went as far as to choose the same music. you're so lucky that izaw is a nice guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom