• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The question thread.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Have you ever had a question about something that you wanted to ask on here, but you didn't have enough content to make a full thread? Well here's your chance to ask some questions or answer questions for other people.

cannedbread

Smash Lord
this seems like a good idea. i'll be back with some questions after i remember what i want to ask.

i giggled when i saw three threads you locked that were random questions and then this thread stickied.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
"Love is a serious mental disease" - Plato

Absolutely, emphatically agree. I think the above quote, and the following quote, to anyone who respects reason above all things, would repeat these out loud every morning as a mantra.

"It is impossible to love and be wise." - Bacon

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I shall obey the fatty fried meat overlord that is bacon

If bacon commands that I can't love and be wise, I shall obey

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I was incredibly attempted to post "Baby don't hurt me" but I wanted to post something a bit more useful ha. Besides, it was just a matter of time before someone would say that anyhow.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
As of now, I kind of never want to wake up. Except half the time I sleep I have nightmares anyway

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
Didn't know where else to put this so here

Last Friday I went in for a job interview and got a job offer, they said they would call me for orientation.

They haven't called yet.... Should I call? Idk D:

I don't wanna look desperate.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
That's tough. If they say they'll call you, you'll have to trust that they'll call. Give it about a week. If they don't call by then, you should call.

:phone:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Didn't know where else to put this so here
That's why this thread exists.

Like Sol Diviner said I'd give it a week since they told you about calling you for orientation.

It's not a matter of looking desperate or not, it's something one should follow up on regardless of how much you want the job.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Because difficult mathematical concepts you have to slowly work towards.

Also because mathematicians have never been good at actually explaining stuff because IT JUST MAKES SENSE I mean when you factorise and then move the x here it's just a matter of this impossibly complex graph plotting that you should just get omg are you like a ******? Seriously you're dumb just go do something like art.

Protip, if you're white, don't bother unless you think grey is the best suit colour.

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
That's tough. If they say they'll call you, you'll have to trust that they'll call. Give it about a week. If they don't call by then, you should call.

That's why this thread exists.

Like Sol Diviner said I'd give it a week since they told you about calling you for orientation.

It's not a matter of looking desperate or not, it's something one should follow up on regardless of how much you want the job.
Lol they actually just called a couple minutes ago xD

I have orientation tomorrow \o/

lol

JeLe

Smash Rookie
Lately I've been smashing with my bro but we don't have anything for recording it. And sometimes I kinda wish Santa would just get here already and drop some S-video cables down the chimney.

So, this got me wondering: as a kid, around Christmas, how often did you have those moments? Those moments of just waiting... for Santa to come... :santahat:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What is a question?

Also I never believed in Santa, probably because my family didn't do the whole Santa thing with gifts.

Also because they didn't do gifts often, they mostly gave us money. Even when we were REALLY young. Except back then, they kept it and just spent it when we wanted to get something

cannedbread

Smash Lord
my parents were always the type to just get something the day after or before christmas because sorry kiddo we're just so busy

that and i am a very selfless person so i would always feel guilty about asking for things and accepting things especially around my parents

so to answer your question, nah not really

JeLe

Smash Rookie
Y'know, I never actually believed in Santa myself... but I know sometimes I did have that "moment of anticipation." It wasn't really anticipation for the presents (they weren't much), but anticipation for one of the few days of the year that was almost guaranteed to have no one yelling at each other... that just never happens now.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I stopped believing in Santa when I never got the Sega Genesis I asked for when I sat on his lap.

I'm still waiting for one, you old *******! They cost around $30 easy now, so there's no excuse!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I stopped believing in Santa when I never got the Sega Genesis I asked for when I sat on his lap.

I'm still waiting for one, you old *******! They cost around $30 easy now, so there's no excuse!

Santa doesn't make stuff like Sega Genesis in his work shop because of legal reasons with Sega.

Sega is the reason Santa never gave you one. Sega, and copyright laws

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you sat on his lap that day, a kiss a toy is the price you paid.

IDK, Santa offering toys in exchange for little boys and girls sitting on his lap and kissing him sounds fishy to me

Top Bottom