• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for SSB4 thread!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anyone have any really good ideas for a final smash?

Edit: Sorry, I just read your ideas Kwiki-Kiwi...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Maybe it can something like a puzzle screen, and Professor Layton can control two random, giant square stones to attack players using the two c sticks, there is also two red squares that appears on the stage, thats when you put the square stones on the red squares, to make a giant instant light wave to attack players, with Professor Layton saying various things about completing puzzles every time he completes it (the stone square repeat again).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
It's okay, I don't mind hearing others ideas too. I can add them to the OP too if they like. ^_^
One idea I had was when Layton won, it goes directly to a scene not unlike this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XASfbbInvkw

Of course it would be more similar to the Miracle Mask animation, but the second he points at the screen, it switches to the normal scene with the losers clapping. This would not happen all the time, only once out of a few of his 'Victory' animations.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
One idea I had was when Layton won, it goes directly to a scene not unlike this:

Of course it would be more similar to the Miracle Mask animation, but the second he points at the screen, it switches to the normal scene with the losers clapping. This would not happen all the time, only once out of a few of his 'Victory' animations.
That sounds pretty interesting and it would stick true to the Layton series. So let me get this straight. You mean there would be a dark background where Layton does this animation and once he finishes the background gets lighted again with the losers clapping behind him? That does sound very creative. I like it. :)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That sounds pretty interesting and it would stick true to the Layton series. So let me get this straight. You mean there would be a dark background where Layton does this animation and once he finishes the background gets lighted again with the losers clapping behind him? That does sound very creative. I like it. :)
Correct. You get 40 Picarats.

I came up with the idea a few weeks ago while tossing some ideas around with a friend.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I included your idea to the OP with credit to you. Thanks. :)
Thanks a bunch! I'll roll that Unwound Future stage idea out soon. I think it'll follow a similar idea with St. Mystere and The Diabolical Box route. After all, locations are very vital in the Layton series.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Thanks a bunch! I'll roll that Unwound Future stage idea out soon. I think it'll follow a similar idea with St. Mystere and The Diabolical Box route. After all, locations are very vital in the Layton series.
You're very welcome. I'll be looking forward to it. ^_^

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
I always thought Puzzle Battle and Pinch! from Unwound Future made the best battle music. If you don't mind adding those to the OP, I'd recommend it. That is, if you have time/want to.

Oh, and Shooting! from Azran Legacies, if you've heard that one.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I always thought Puzzle Battle and Pinch! from Unwound Future made the best battle music. If you don't mind adding those to the OP, I'd recommend it. That is, if you have time/want to.

Oh sure, I'll look them up on youtube and add them.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

I love puzzle battle! I was really confused why they didn't use in in the Miracle Mask. The Professor CLEARLY has one in the game... if not several. Oh well, maybe they wanted to keep the music fresh.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
Thanks guys. Although, I should've just looked up the songs and posted the links myself, like a true gentleman, so Kikwi could've just taken the links from my post. Sorry about that.

Also, I was reading through the OP and happened to see the Final Smash part, and I got to thinking:

Unwound Future
The Mobile Fortress would feel amazing to control, wouldn't it? I know it's a villainous invention, but think how Final... Smashy that thing is.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't know why, but I have a hunch that Prof. Layton is likelier than some might think, but I could be wrong.

Never played any of his games, but I do admit that a gentleman character would be a nice addition to the roster when it comes to variety.

And that sums my thoughts on Prof. Layton.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Thanks guys. Although, I should've just looked up the songs and posted the links myself, like a true gentleman, so Kikwi could've just taken the links from my post. Sorry about that.
It's okay, but yeah. For future references I would appreciate it if you guys were to give me the links then I can put them in the OP much quicker (Not that it took me too long to find those music videos though.)

Also, I was reading through the OP and happened to see the Final Smash part, and I got to thinking:

Unwound Future
The Mobile Fortress would feel amazing to control, wouldn't it? I know it's a villainous invention, but think how Final... Smashy that thing is.
Yeah, that thing sure was quite final smashy... literally....

I don't know why, but I have a hunch that Prof. Layton is likelier than some might think, but I could be wrong.

Never played any of his games, but I do admit that a gentleman character would be a nice addition to the roster when it comes to variety.

And that sums my thoughts on Prof. Layton.
I'm happy to know you think he's likely. I hope so too. ^_^

You should try the series out if you ever get the chance, their great fun and the stories are good. :)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

there is no reason for that not to be his victory animation

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ok, Here's my idea for an Unwound Future stage!

"Uh, Spoiler Alert!"
-_____ (The name of the guy who says it IS a spoiler)

-The Mobile Fortress-

The entire stage is set on top of the Mobile Fortress, a location from Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. In the background is London at night. Every once in a while, one may see Don Paolo's flying machine. About once every minute, the massive gun on the machine will fire, and the stage will tilt 60 degrees, and will make the screen shake violently.

That's all I could come up with.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ok, Here's my idea for an Unwound Future stage!

"Uh, Spoiler Alert!"
-_____ (The name of the guy who says it IS a spoiler)

-The Mobile Fortress-

The entire stage is set on top of the Mobile Fortress, a location from Professor Layton and the Unwound Future. In the background is London at night. Every once in a while, one may see Don Paolo's flying machine. About once every minute, the massive gun on the machine will fire, and the stage will tilt 60 degrees, and will make the screen shake violently.

That's all I could come up with.
That sounds a bit too violent for a smash stage wouldn't you think? Ah well, what do I know. You want me to include this to the OP as well?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
That sounds a bit too violent for a smash stage wouldn't you think? Ah well, what do I know. You want me to include this to the OP as well?
Nah, I think it was just me throwing around a few ideas. Your right, It is a little violent and spoiler filled for Smash.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sorry that I'm double posting, but what was your favorite Layton game? Just trying to move the discussion along.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yay I've reached my 1000th post. :D

Okay, I think it's time I started on the Professor Layton codec's which involve Luke, Flora and Emmy. I'm not sure how this is going to turn out, either it will be good or a complete flop but I'll still try and keep things true to the characters.

Okay here goes.

[collapse=Layton and Luke on Mario]

My word... Am I up against who I think I am?
Professor! Is that THE Mr. Nintendo you're up against. M-M-Mario!?!
I did not expect to see him in the battlefield so soon. Mario is quite the famous mascot of Nintendo having first appeared as Jumpman in the Donkey Kong Arcade, I'd love to sit down and drink a cup of tea with him sometime.
I'm not sure if it's the right time for tea right now, Professor. You're in the middle of a battle you know.
Of course, well then Luke. What do I need to know?
Well for one thing Mario has all sorts of tricks up his sleeve, he can do things such as shooting fireballs from his hands, deflecting projectiles with his cape and a "Star Spin" with the help of a little Luma companion. Those are just a few things he has in his disposal. He's also a really good martial arts fighter, making him perhaps even a good opponent for Emmy.
Thank you for the valuable information Luke. Well then, it's time to go up against Mr. Nintendo himself then.
Good Luck, I'll be rooting for you. Oh and after the match, could you perhaps ask him for his autograph?
[/collapse]
[collapse=Layton and Flora on Pikachu]
Aww.... How cute.
Does the yellow rodent strike your fancy, Flora? I've never seen such an animal before. What a very fascinating creature.
That's a Pikachu, Professor. And it's not really any ordinary animal. It's a Pokemon.
A Pokemon you say? You seem to know quite a bit about them I would assume then?
Well a girl has gotta have a few hobbies whenever her Professor and his Apprentice leave her behind every saturday. So I've invested into a few of these games. Their fun and this little creature's name is Pikachu and he's sort of their mascot.
Well it's nice to know I've got a little "Pokemon" expert by my side.
Teehee, I'm happy to hear that Professor, by the way. Could you catch a Pikachu for me, please? Then I would have a little friend by my side when you and Luke are gone again...

Uh... how about we stick to normal old fashioned pet animals Flora...? That "Pikachu" nearly electrocuted me...
Oh... Alright then, Professor.
[/collapse]​
I'll do an Emmy one some other time I think. Well I hope you guys enjoyed it... I was thinking of including a puzzle too in order to keep up with the theme but I don't think I'll be able to think up a puzzle for all the characters, not to mention any potential newcomers... ^^;

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

Okay, I think it's time I started on the Professor Layton codec's which involve Luke, Flora and Emmy. I'm not sure how this is going to turn out, either it will be good or a complete flop but I'll still try and keep things true to the characters.

Okay here goes.

I did not expect to see him in the battlefield so soon. Mario is quite the famous mascot of Nintendo having first appeared as Jumpman in the Donkey Kong Arcade, I'd love to sit down and drink a cup of tea with him sometime.
I'm not sure if it's the right time for tea right now, Professor. You're in the middle of a battle you know.
Well for one thing Mario has all sorts of tricks up his sleeve, he can do things such as shooting fireballs from his hands, deflecting projectiles with his cape and a "Star Spin" with the help of a little Luma companion. Those are just a few things he has in his disposal. He's also a really good martial arts fighter, making him perhaps even a good opponent for Emmy.
Thank you for the valuable information Luke. Well then, it's time to go up against Mr. Nintendo himself then.

Good Luck, I'll be rooting for you. Oh and after the match, could you perhaps ask him for his autograph?
[/collapse]

Aww.... How cute.
Does the yellow rodent strike your fancy, Flora? I've never seen such an animal before. What a very fascinating creature.
That's a Pikachu, Professor. And it's not really any ordinary animal. It's a Pokemon.
Well a girl has gotta have a few hobbies whenever her Professor and his Apprentice leave her behind every saturday. So I've invested into a few of these games. Their fun and this little creature's name is Pikachu and he's sort of their mascot.
Teehee, I'm happy to hear that Professor, by the way. Could you catch a Pikachu for me, please? Then I would have a little friend by my side when you and Luke are gone again...

Uh... how about we stick to normal old fashioned pet animals Flora...? That "Pikachu" nearly electrocuted me...
[/collapse]​

I'll do an Emmy one some other time I think. Well I hope you guys enjoyed it... I was thinking of including a puzzle too in order to keep up with the theme but I don't think I'll be able to think up a puzzle for all the characters, not to mention any potential newcomers... ^^;
I'd love to see Layton do one with Don Paolo about Bowser or Gannondorf. How would Layton communicate with his allies BTW? Radio?

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue

Okay here goes.

[/collapse]

Aww.... How cute.

[/collapse]​

This is possibly the best replacement for codecs if Snake doesn't get in. (but I would love to see double codecs)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Okay here goes.

[/collapse]

Aww.... How cute.

[/collapse]​

now those are just awesome

do you mind if any other users come up with some.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hmm... I'd actually do some of these, but I haven't played any Prof. Layton game, so I have no idea on the characters' personalities.

Maybe I can do one featuring a guest character, like Snake's one vs. Falco, where Slippy makes an appearance instead of a MGS character.

I'd expect Prof. Layton to be your typical British gentleman, which is a common character archetype.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Hmm... I'd actually do some of these, but I haven't played any Prof. Layton game, so I have no idea on the characters' personalities.

Maybe I can do one featuring a guest character, like Snake's one vs. Falco, where Slippy makes an appearance instead of a MGS character.

I'd expect Prof. Layton to be your typical British gentleman, which is a common character archetype.
Check Nintendo wikia, it might help. :troll:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I don't support Layton over Pac-Man and Megaman but he does look interesting and I wouldn't mind seeing him in the next Smash.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Whoa, at first I thought hardly anyone was interested in these codec's when I waited a short while, then when I log in again, I see all this activity. I'm very happy to see you guys enjoyed these codec's I've made. :)

I'd love to see Layton do one with Don Paolo about Bowser or Gannondorf. How would Layton communicate with his allies BTW? Radio?
Ganondorf I've already reserved for Emmy, I guess I could do Bowser for Don Paolo though.
I was thinking of Layton doing a sign that triggers Luke, Flora or Emmy to show up in the Layton stage's background and then talk to Layton from there, or maybe he call's them by mobile/cell phone.

He should obviously be using something which he invented. :awesome:
That's another possibility. :p

now those are just awesome

do you mind if any other users come up with some.
Thanks. Sure you guys can come up with your own if you like. I can even include them to the OP if you want as well. ^_^

I was planning to have Viridi interrupt Layton in Pit's codec instead of talking to Luke, Flora or Emmy (Although I can't find the kid Icarus sprite images anywhere on the internet....). You can do that if you like. I don't mind. :)

Anyway's. I'll get to work on the Emmy codec sometime later.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well I don't know if you guys are still interested but here is the next few Layton codec's. This time covering Wario for Luke, Ness for Flora and Link for Emmy. Hope you enjoy. ^_^

[collapse=Layton and Luke about Wario]
This man makes me feel quite.... uneasy....
That's Wario Professor. He's anything but a gentleman. He's a man of greed and tosses any lady out of his way in favor of money.
Now now Luke, I believe even a man like him can learn the true ways of being a true gentleman.

Are you sure about this Professor? I don't really see what could convince him to become a true gentleman...
Just watch and learn my boy. Oh Wario my good ma--
PFFFFFFFT!!! WAHAHAHAHA!
My... word...
Professor...I think my food is about to come out, and it's not coming out from the usual exit...

[/collapse]
[collapse=Layton and Flora about Ness]
You know Professor, I think that boy over there would make a good friend for Luke.

You mean Ness? He does look like quite the gentleman. But why would you suggest that Luke would be friends with this boy, my dear?

Well it's just that both Ness and Luke have a way with animals, and they enjoy helping out those in need. Of course Luke doesn't have the PSI abilities that Ness possesses. But Teehee, if more people were like Ness and Luke this world would be a better place. I've heard from his friends that Ness is a very sweet boy who is even kind to those who put him down.
From the way you word things Flora, Ness does sound like quite the patient gentleman. But what about his PSI abilities? The way he uses them during battle is quite formidable. Kinda reminds me of someone else Luke and I met in a certain adventure right before the one we met you in.

Ness's PSI abilities are indeed very impressive, his friends must have taught him well of how to perform these attacks. Just be careful of his "PK Fire" attack as the flames can stick on you for a little bit. but do try to make sure you prevent the "PK Thunder" from hitting himself. If he succeeds he can charge right at you with a powerful electric boost or even get back onto the stage, and be especially sure you stay far away from his "PK Flash" attack Professor, I'm serious... Especially if the attack is fully charged up.
I'll keep that in mind. Thank you dear.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Layton and Emmy about Link]
I see you're up against Link, Professor. Is he giving you a hard time? You want me to join into the fight?
Much appreciated Emmy, but no thank you. I believe I can handle him myself just fine.

Oh, how can I sit back and watch while you get to have all the fun over there. Well never mind that, shall I tell you some interesting things I've heard about this Link incarnation?
I'm sorry, Incarnation?

Yeah, apparently this Link you're fighting right now was one of the earliest heroes of Legends. And since then many reincarnations came around with the same destiny of slaying evil. Usually that evil is after a sacred golden triangle named the Triforce which allows those who touch it to have their deepest wishes come true.
Well that is quite the interesting tale. So did this Link get that "Triforce"?

Yeah and he managed to beat the evil that was after it too. Although now he's stuck with some kind of curse that will affect his descendants to live in a blood soaked sea of darkness for all eternity. Quite tragic when you think about it.
It is indeed. But I'm sure they can handle whatever evil tries to throw their way. After all, they carry the spirit of the hero of legends.
That's true. But I do hope that their world will find eternal peace someday.

[/collapse]

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
here my contribution to the codecs: zelda

Blimey professor, that's one beautiful lady
That Luke is Zelda, the mortal incarnation of the godess hylia​
Oh I've heard of her, she's very wise and has many magic attacks
Yes her wisdom is famed I'd say she'd be very good at solving puzzles​
Trust you to think of puzzles during a battle, professor

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@Fogbadge: Eh, it's a bit short. You could make it more descriptive instead of just stating the obvious. Also, you should put it in collapse tags.

Top Bottom