• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for SSB4 thread!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
As a Layton fan, I consider him a big priority, but I know that's not the case. I know there are definitely priority characters, and Layton is not among them, but in my list he is.
I agree. The problem is he could easily fall behind a lost of other 3rd parties.... at least Layton's creator knows about Smash, and could want him in. Maybe Smash 5?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
If he got in, I'd like luke to accompany him for some of his moves. probably his specials.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well it's nice to hear other's point of views in terms of Layton. Yeah if he were to appear he definitely won't be an assist trophy or anything lower than a playable character as his series is a third party franchise, and I doubt Sakurai would go through the trouble to get rights to a third party company only to represent them as trophies or whatnot.

His chances aren't great but I their decent I guess. At least compared to any third party character that isn't Snake or a Namco character.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I can think of Layton as playable character in Smash 5, for now the spots are being filled with Mega Man, Sonic and probably Snake and Pac-Man. Don´t get me wrong I would love to see the Professor as a playable character.
.n_n.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well, is anyone pumped for Azran Legacy?

The last one.. It's going to be sad to see it go.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh yeah that game is coming out next week for Europe isn't it? I'm kinda torn of wether I want to buy Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies or Zelda A Link between Worlds as at this current time I can only get my hands on one or the other. I haven't really been enjoying the prequels as much as the original trilogy for the Layton series to be a little honest (I still liked them though) so I'm leaning more towards the new Zelda game but I'll see I guess.... :/

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yah. I guess no one really got the reference in the thread's title did they? :/

Well since this thread has been revived, are people still interested in the Layton codecs? Seems I still haven't finished it yet.... :/

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh yeah that game is coming out next week for Europe isn't it? I'm kinda torn of wether I want to buy Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies or Zelda A Link between Worlds as at this current time I can only get my hands on one or the other. I haven't really been enjoying the prequels as much as the original trilogy for the Layton series to be a little honest (I still enjoyed them though) so I'm leaning more towards the new Zelda game but I'll see I guess.... :/
For me, It's AA5. It's downloading as we speak.

I'm really pumped.. I'm hoping the story will top even T&T.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yah. I guess no one really got the reference in the thread's title did they? :/

Well since this thread has been revived, are people still interested in the Layton codecs? Seems I still haven't finished it yet.... :/
I'd love one done by Don Paolo and Layton on a villain character!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
For me, It's AA5. It's downloading as we speak.

I'm really pumped.. I'm hoping the story will top even T&T.
Yah, that's part of where my money went. I bought AA5 last weekend. I enjoyed it a lot, not sure if it was better than T&T but it was definitely a lot of fun. So I hope you enjoy it. The game definitely has gotten a few Layton-esque influences if you know what I mean. ;)

I'd love one done by Don Paolo and Layton on a villain character!
I'll see if I'll do one with good old Don sometime. ;)

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Yah, that's part of where my money went. I bought AA5 last weekend. I enjoyed it a lot, not sure if it was better than T&T but it was definitely a lot of fun. So I hope you enjoy it. The game definitely has gotten a few Layton-esque influences if you know what I mean. ;)

I'll see if I'll do one with good old Don sometime. ;)
That's good. I love a good AA game.. and a good Layton game. That's why I'm sure PLVsAA will be high on my fav. games list.

SO... PUMPED..

When they announced it, I ran outside to mow the lawn.. I was so exited, the time flew by. They really need to announce more exiting games right before I go to work. XD

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Ya know, I think I might as well buy Azran Legacies anyway first thing and then I'll try and get my hands on ALBW at a later timeframe, it's (apparently) the last game in the main series storyline. (There is at least the Ace Attorney crossover afterwards though)

Kinda sad though, I feel that I should have made some fan art for the series ending though.... :/

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well only less than two days left until Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy will come out in Europe.

I highly doubt Professor Layton would be revealed for Super Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS in order to promote that game (Although it would be a very pleasant surprise) but yeah. I hope those who buy it have a wonderful time with the game. ^_^

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Did Professor Layton Azran Legacy release in Japan already?
I think he'll base the reveal based on release date.
Nah the Japanese release already passed in February. In fact all Japanese releases of the Layton series that we at least know exist have been released already before Smash Bros wii U and 3DS had been even revealed, so we only really have the European and American releases to go with. (Hey, Luigi was revealed to coincide with the American release of Mario & Luigi Dream Team so it isn't entirely out of the question....)

So I hope he at least gets revealed to either promote the European or American version's of Azran Legacy or the Ace Attorney Crossover (it would be a nice nod to Capcom with that game since Megaman is playable too)

D

Deleted member

It would be nice to see him revealed to promote it, but I doubt we're going to get any more newcomers revealed until something big happens like another trailer or something.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah with Marth revealed today I highly doubt he would be revealed tomorrow. Ah well there is still the American release of Azran Legacy and the Ace Attorney crossover........ :troll:

But yeah, I think we might see the newcomers within the Nintendo Directs and not in their respective games releases, unless Sakurai decides to make all newcomers besides Villager and Wii Fit Trainer (but including Mega Man) into unlockable characters.... Then again, as Layton being a third party character, I would think he would be revealed before the release of the games anyway. :/

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Let's keep this thread up! Anyone up for a Descole boss like the Yellow Devil?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Let's keep this thread up! Anyone up for a Descole boss like the Yellow Devil?
I did put him up as one of the potential bosses for Layton (if it would get one). I'd imagine he would use that spider mech he used in Last Specters Call.

Oh also, I've already finished Azran Legacy but I know America still hasn't got the game so I'll refrain from sharing anything about it. ' v '

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I did put him up as one of the potential bosses for Layton (if it would get one). I'd imagine he would use that spider mech he used in Last Specters Call.

Oh also, I've already finished Azran Legacy but I know America still hasn't got the game so I'll refrain from sharing anything about it. ' v '
You're in Europe right?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Sure, welcome on board. ^^

Yup, I live in London as you can see under my avatar. ^^
I always thought that was a joke, as you are a Professor Layton fan. XD You can probably guess I don't live in Gravity Falls.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Layton would be the most awesome thing in the world...

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
If Capcom could put Phoenix Wright in a Marvel vs Capcom game and make him work while keeping his character intact, I imagine the Smash Bros. team could put Layton in just as well if not better.

+supporter

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
First post of the new year... looking forward to the two Layton games this year!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah same, except only the Ace Attorney crossover left for me. ^^

Also, happy new year Layton supporters! :) Even though I'm a little on the late side with this, my apologies.... ^^;

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Found an awesome fighting game mix of Layton's theme!

Also, planning on making a moveset for Layton. Right now, everyone's moveset ideas seems to be very similar, but I plan on making something different and in character (Will still put Slot Machnine Gun in there somewhere though...).

...and on a slightly unrelated note, I really like your Flora avatar Kikwi-Kiwi!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Also, planning on making a moveset for Layton. Right now, everyone's moveset ideas seems to be very similar, but I plan on making something different and in character (Will still put Slot Machnine Gun in there somewhere though...).

...and on a slightly unrelated note, I really like your Flora avatar Kikwi-Kiwi!
I'm jamming out to this right now. So good. And I look forward to your moveset.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Pretty sweet remix. Thanks for the find Ariand. :)

Oh cool, I'll be looking forward to that. I've been hoping to make another moveset that involves the puzzles themselves more in a similar vein to how Sakurai handled Megaman and Villager, just haven't got around to it yet.

And thanks. Kinda have a soft spot for that girl I must admit. ^^;

If Layton does make it playable, I hope the original trilogy cast such as Flora, Don Paolo, Chelmey and Barton etc will still get a trophy of some sort instead of being relegated to only stickers or whatever since they didn't have a pre made 3D model to recycle from.... (Though in Chelmey and Barton's favor, they at least have a decent looking 3D model in the Ace Attorney crossover to use...)

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I've always thought that calling Layton a third party is a huge stretch...he might be from a third-party company, but he's definitely a Nintendo character, he hasn't appeared anywhere outside of Nintendo consoles (He doesn't actually appear on the spin-offs for iOS/Android). I think the idea isn't THAT far-fetched, especially considering the Layton's Twitter scandal with a Blue Robot Boy and a Tiny Boxer...I just hope the living doll part isn't true.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I've always thought that calling Layton a third party is a huge stretch...he might be from a third-party company, but he's definitely a Nintendo character, he hasn't appeared anywhere outside of Nintendo consoles (He doesn't actually appear on the spin-offs for iOS/Android). I think the idea isn't THAT far-fetched, especially considering the Layton's Twitter scandal with a Blue Robot Boy and a Tiny Boxer...I just hope the living doll part isn't true.
i think as far smash bros is concerned only characters nintendo own at least part of the rights to count as nintendo

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
i think as far smash bros is concerned only characters nintendo own at least part of the rights to count as nintendo
Sonic and Megaman are Nintendo characters at heart.

Top Bottom