• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Priestess of Dawn, Micaiah for Smash! (Spirits are no longer a deal edition).

Do you like Micaiah?

• Yes

Votes: 108 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 13 10.2%

• Total voters

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
There are quiet times in this thread, well, it's understandable, we don't have too much to discuss here xDU

But I would like to bring some stuff here because it would ended up being lost in the other topics.

The first thing is this Micaiah Portrait designed by @Dalek_Kolt (Thanks again BTW)

And the second thing is an idea I had in the General Discussion Thread.

And it's an idea for a Micaiah Trailer... how she would be revealed in a Smash Game... and there is.

We start in a calm, sunny and cheerful day, everything at peace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RJinY6wxTM

With a character (I will Ike in at least this version), walking around that place, he ended up finding a place to rest for a moment it looks like some kind of forgotten fortress with some broken parts letting the sun light being visible but not annoying. Things are nice for a moment, some birds are flying around, we in particular see a orange bird around the other birds (this doesn't initially too important outside of being a non common color compared with the rest of the more white-ish birds)

During a moment the music stops slowly and, the day becomes cloudier and darker, Ike notices something is weird and looks to his sides, nothing it's happening unti he sees he is now surronded for the *insert generic Cruel Arena Enemies, if they're Miis again make them look unnatural and a bit creepy, or at least feel soulless*,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unK2NnmVGfY

and they're approaching him... Ike maintains and steady position, try to search and blink space, but there are so many

*I don't have idea which music use for the short battle scene, maybe Time Of Action*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZSmJAoQ-44

A light ball drops from the sky and obliterate some of the enemies, letting Ike go outside his surronded position and now having the advantage (after all is Ike), and completing the fight with the help of this mysterious magician.

Ike looks up to the position of the mage, someone was also here in the fortress, but in a higher ground, he sees a female figure, the camera closes up, and we see Micaiah joining the battle... but isn't done yet, Micaiah decided to go down and approach Ike, they don't have a moment to actually interact because more of these beings are appearing, Ike and Micaiah join forces again to battle them, and then we go to gameplay. I think for this part the music would actually be a remix using these songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCuQFbPTzLA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX_9C4t0bmk

This idea still needs some fixes, but I would like to know what do you think about it :happysheep:
Not that bad of a trailer idea. I could actually feel the intensity of the scene just by reading it and playing the music. Micaiah in in character, Ike fits the scene well, and good choice on the location too.

Not bad.

Troykv

Smash Master
You'll have to excuse me a bit due to the possibility of this statement being true, It makes me so very riled and conflicted. But Ike is a predictable character, Micaiah is the one who's a tad more complex. Based on her half-blood powers she can read peoples feelings, I could see her eyeing him over and feeling is pure heart, she'd close her eyes for a moment and understand Sothe's admiration for him, She could then turn to the enemies and say "No more suffering, If we must fight, Let it be together!" cut to gameplay of her using sacrifice to heal Ike's wounds, emphasizing her ranged play.

I have my own concept for a trailer for her, So I'd imagine a setting just outside of a forest, sword fighting is heard and it gets closer, it shows lucina and ike battling, lucina appears to have the advantage as she utilizes a relentless onslaught putting Ike into a corner, she jumps into the air for a strike, Ike Aether's and somersaults over her, slamming her into the ground with his superior vertical ability, knocking her away. Lucina groans in pain and states "You're as powerful as they say..." Ike stances and says "You challenged me with your sword, you should expect my full strength" a yellow flash is seen and ike just has enough time to turn as he's blasted away a good distance with a Thoron blast, Robin walks in and apologizes "Sorry lucina, I had to make sure he didn't see me" Lucina gets back up and responds gratefully "It's all right Robin... your strategies have never failed us" Robin responds "heh heh.. I do what I can; Hmm?" in the distance an orange bird flutters over head, distracting Robin, it zooms in for a moment before it cuts over to Ike who's damaged leaning on a tree as he tries to regain his composure by pushing off the ground with Ragnell, a hand is held over his chest and a small blue glow flashes in a quick moment* I comes back to Lucina and Robin, they hear a branch break and they turn, Lucina draws her sword again but Ike Quick Draws her away, taking them out of the camera, Robin calls out for Lucina but is blinded by a flash of light, the light fades and shows Micaiah from the ground up holding her book, she carries some conviction in her stance but is also somewhat hesitant, she then looks forward and stares robin in the face and it says "Micaiah foresees a fight!" She throws down another light ball and it transitions over to regular combat, Robin talks about the legend of the Radiant Hero and the Maiden of Dawn in very basic detail as it shows off her kit.
Yeah, Micaiah can read people's feelings and sometimes helps her to find the good in some weird people like Naesala.

I like your idea, I like when we get to see some interactions between people of different universes, it's open to some really fun possibilities hehehe.

I think you would put some moveset to fit the mood. I can show a gallery of PoR, RD and Smash!FE Music if you're interested.

Not that bad of a trailer idea. I could actually feel the intensity of the scene just by reading it and playing the music. Micaiah in in character, Ike fits the scene well, and good choice on the location too.

Not bad.
Thanks! If you have any suggestion I would try to improve it.

I was thinking in an "after gameplay" ending featuring Micaiah healing Ike's wound in his left arm; Ike is sit down in the place where he was before the enemy appear, Micaiah says something like "You always get people's attention, even when you don't want it" (also Yune would be flying around Ike's head).

This is a description of the sittuation (Ike got pretty much all the punishment), and a half-joke.

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
After seeing the emphasis Sakurai is putting on clones to the point of making them a category of the own, I think Micaiah's best shot at being in Smash is being Zelda's Echo Fighter. Just make the few fire moves light-based, replace Farore's Wind with Rewarp, the Phantom with the Black Knight, and give her a different Final Smash. There you go.

Troykv

Smash Master
After seeing the emphasis Sakurai is putting on clones to the point of making them a category of the own, I think Micaiah's best shot at being in Smash is being Zelda's Echo Fighter. Just make the few fire moves light-based, replace Farore's Wind with Rewarp, the Phantom with the Black Knight, and give her a different Final Smash. There you go.
I was kind of thinking about that possibility because of how the Echo Fighters seems to be filling the same purporse that the Melee Clones, with the overall lower quantity of newcomers.

It would be a funny irony if that ended up being the case; specially because Zelda is the only franchise that has a (semi-)clone based in a moveset that isn't from his own franchises.

I'm hoping Micaiah appears somehow in the game, the more I see it, the more I think Micaiah should appear in Smash; the FE Main Characters that have been seen as prominent figures in the speculation periods should appear in some capacity in the game (the other ones have been Lyn and Chrom as you would have noticed).

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Honestly, if this game is to get another Fire Emblem rep (which, considering the year-and-a-half-long popularity of FE Heroes, is actually a strong possibility), I think Micaiah might have the highest chance of being included. But I also think that because dear God if they put Camilla in I'm going to lose my ****.

Micaiah would undoubtedly need a moveset that differentiates her from Fire Emblem's many, many sword users in this game, which is in part why I think she has a shot of making it in. Lances and axes would still be different from swords, but that's really more of a visual difference than a functional one.

In terms of representation, Smash has one character from the Hero King saga, one from Binding Blade, one from Fates, two from Awakening and one from Radiance. Unless they're reserving a spot for Three Kingdoms, or choosing not to add a new Fire Emblem rep, I'd wager another Radiance character has the best shot, since Fates already took up half the roster in FE Warriors. And who's more recognizable than Micaiah outside of Ike and the Black Knight?

Troykv

Smash Master
Honestly, if this game is to get another Fire Emblem rep (which, considering the year-and-a-half-long popularity of FE Heroes, is actually a strong possibility), I think Micaiah might have the highest chance of being included. But I also think that because dear God if they put Camilla in I'm going to lose my ****.

Micaiah would undoubtedly need a moveset that differentiates her from Fire Emblem's many, many sword users in this game, which is in part why I think she has a shot of making it in. Lances and axes would still be different from swords, but that's really more of a visual difference than a functional one.

In terms of representation, Smash has one character from the Hero King saga, one from Binding Blade, one from Fates, two from Awakening and one from Radiance. Unless they're reserving a spot for Three Kingdoms, or choosing not to add a new Fire Emblem rep, I'd wager another Radiance character has the best shot, since Fates already took up half the roster in FE Warriors. And who's more recognizable than Micaiah outside of Ike and the Black Knight?
Despite what many people believe about "FE Overrepresentation", I think FE is an good position now to justified having more newcomers; specially because of how popular FE Heroes and the other last games has become. Micaiah is a character that I can see clearly being different of the rest of the FE Bunch, and that helps her a lot...

There is a moveset I did for her during the Smash 4 DLC Speculation; if you're interested :D

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/12/22/ds-micaiah/

And yeah, Ike and Black Knight are the more associated figures with PoR; and Micaiah is the RD Main Character, which makes her stand-out compared with the rest of the Radiant Bunch.

I'm still salty the Fates Roster has a lot of characters... I'm only attached to Sakura XD... Also, did you like or dislike Camilla? I wasn't sure what was your intention with "lose my ****".

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm still salty the Fates Roster has a lot of characters... I'm only attached to Sakura XD... Also, did you like or dislike Camilla? I wasn't sure what was your intention with "lose my ****".
Oh, heavily dislike. Funny that that phrase can either be positive or negative haha. She's my least favorite character in all of Fire Emblem. Her entire character can be boiled down to having boobs and riding a dragon. I rolled my eyes at the overrepresentation of Fates in that game in general; would've much preferred more older characters get in from Radiance or Binding Blade.

I guess I forgot about Echoes getting represented, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo meant for that game to be a one-and-done. As much as I'd love seeing Celica, I don't think they'll put her in.

I'll check out your moveset. I love fanmade movesets.

Troykv

Smash Master
Oh, heavily dislike. Funny that that phrase can either be positive or negative haha. She's my least favorite character in all of Fire Emblem. Her entire character can be boiled down to having boobs and riding a dragon. I rolled my eyes at the overrepresentation of Fates in that game in general; would've much preferred more older characters get in from Radiance or Binding Blade.

I guess I forgot about Echoes getting represented, but I'm pretty sure Nintendo meant for that game to be a one-and-done. As much as I'd love seeing Celica, I don't think they'll put her in.

I'll check out your moveset. I love fanmade movesets.
I see, personally I think Camilla it's a character that would be interesting because of all the stuff around her; but the writing staff focused a lot in her most pandering and tasteless aspects... such a shame.

I wonder if Sakurai would see Celica as concept too similar to Robin, but not enough cloney to be a potential Echo Fighter.

I would love to see your opinion <3

BTW, Do you want to join the Supporters List? :D

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I rather like the character that was there for Camilla.
Honestly it just really depends on tolerance for fanservice and I have a high tolerance + can appreciate a little cheese.

Now to talk about Micaiah herself. I actually like her quite a bit. More than I like Ike and I always wished the narrative stayed on Micaiah.

So I do want to see Micaiah be represented in some way in Smash. Freaking Sothe has a trophy and she doesn't.

Troykv

Smash Master
I rather like the character that was there for Camilla.
Honestly it just really depends on tolerance for fanservice and I have a high tolerance + can appreciate a little cheese.

Now to talk about Micaiah herself. I actually like her quite a bit. More than I like Ike and I always wished the narrative stayed on Micaiah.

So I do want to see Micaiah be represented in some way in Smash. Freaking Sothe has a trophy and she doesn't.
I think I can appreciate Camilla's character in-a-vacuum; the way Fates treats her (outside of some late game events in Birthright, were her madness becomes the most notable point of her personality), makes you feel she was mostly designed mostly to be pandering (I would have actually liked Camilla if IS don't went that hard in making her a pandering character); specially because she is kind of... weird (to don't say other words)... talking about her siblings and the way she treats them, specially Corrin.

Micaiah is technically the most important character in the overall narrative (well, she isn't that far from other people like Sephiran and the Commanders in the War, but you get the idea), because of how her actions, and her existence influence a lot of stuff in the overall game (and even PoR to a minor-extent), I would explain that a bit more if you want... But yeah, like you know, when Ike appears kind of steals the show (mostly because of nostalgia bias) despite don't actually becoming the center of the narrative until the End of Part 3 and Part 4.

How you would like to see Micaiah in the game by the way?

The lack of Micaiah's trophy was something that I have always have in mind since I discovered Micaiah is the actual protagonist of Radiant Dawn; maybe Micaiah got something planned in the Brawl's late-development that was discarded, because of time constraits.

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
I would be cool with Micaiah being playable. I think I would need to play a hypothetical Micaiah moveset for myself to see if I would actually like it.

At the very least give her a trophy and maybe throw in assist trophy status.

Troykv

Smash Master
I would be cool with Micaiah being playable. I think I would need to play a hypothetical Micaiah moveset for myself to see if I would actually like it.

At the very least give her a trophy and maybe throw in assist trophy status.
There are some basic ideas for a moveset like the one I posted some posts ago.

And also, in the Original Post there are some additional movesets, if you're interested :D

BTW, are you interested in joining the Supporters List?

Burigu

Smash Ace
Hi, I am a long time Fire Emblem fan and I am interested in being added to the list of supporters

Burigu

Smash Ace
Great!

Oh that is nice! Welcome to the Club Burigu :happysheep:
Not a problem I have always thought Micaiah's design and abilities are interesting and something could be done for Smash, it is really nice that despide time people still like her.

Troykv

Smash Master
Not a problem I have always thought Micaiah's design and abilities are interesting and something could be done for Smash, it is really nice that despide time people still like her.
I'm actually a bit new in the Micaiah fanbase; I was unable to know them in her best moments (2006-2010); oh well; at least there are still people wanting her despite all the time that had passed.

At least the return of many old character in Heroes makes every popular main character (with a niche to work in the game's roster) a possibility again; specially if Nintendo decides to release more old FE Games using their Online System.

BTW; What do you think about my Micaiah moveset? :upsidedown:

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I'm actually a bit new in the Micaiah fanbase; I was unable to know them in her best moments (2006-2010); oh well; at least there are still people wanting her despite all the time that had passed.

At least the return of many old character in Heroes makes every popular main character (with a niche to work in the game's roster) a possibility again; specially if Nintendo decides to release more old FE Games using their Online System.

BTW; What do you think about my Micaiah moveset? :upsidedown:
Then it is good to see Micaiah is still atracting fans to her cause even when Radiant Dawn is an old game. I really hope that Tellius gets Echoes version and some of the voice clips are rerecorded, considering the popularity of Ike I think such games would sell better than the originals, but a re release would be cool too. Radiant Dawn is pretty expensive right now.

About the moveset there is not a lot of input I can give you clearly researched even taking into consideration animations from the GBA era, I might give her a Speed boost via Sacrifice rather than attack, to have a better answer agaisnt speedy characters but I am in no way an expert to claim a speed boost is better than an attack boost.

I really liked that you didn't forgot about Yune as a taunt and victory animations, probably the only thing you didn't include about her character is her ability to predict danger, but honestly that would lead her to have yet another counter move like most of the FE cast in Smash so your staff ideas are more original.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Is Micaiah in Smash yet? Let's get her in there! As well as get her some alts and such for Heroes.

Troykv

Smash Master
Then it is good to see Micaiah is still atracting fans to her cause even when Radiant Dawn is an old game. I really hope that Tellius gets Echoes version and some of the voice clips are rerecorded, considering the popularity of Ike I think such games would sell better than the originals, but a re release would be cool too. Radiant Dawn is pretty expensive right now.

About the moveset there is not a lot of input I can give you clearly researched even taking into consideration animations from the GBA era, I might give her a Speed boost via Sacrifice rather than attack, to have a better answer agaisnt speedy characters but I am in no way an expert to claim a speed boost is better than an attack boost.
:colorful:
I really liked that you didn't forgot about Yune as a taunt and victory animations, probably the only thing you didn't include about her character is her ability to predict danger, but honestly that would lead her to have yet another counter move like most of the FE cast in Smash so your staff ideas are more original.
Oh yeah, it was a bit weird, but I feel happy to have know about her before FE Heroes arrived; and whatever is the method IS decides to use, it would be so great to see Radiant Dawn again in the current Nintendo Consoles.

Nice! It was my intention to seeks as much references I was able to; and add the ones that made the most sense in the moveset. Considering the opinions I have found so far, the moveset ended up creating a satisfactory result (I would like to thank to one of my closer friend to help to find references, and gave me some ideas for the moveset, and Nantendo for helping me to make the final results as professional as possible).

Yeah; one of the things my friend and me wanted to avoid is create another counter Down B; so we decide to go with the idea of the Staff; and yeah Yune is very cute, and she can't not appear in her moveset in some way.

Is Micaiah in Smash yet? Let's get her in there! As well as get her some alts and such for Heroes.
Not right now, but I hope that changes; the recent news give me some hope; but I'm still careful with my expectations. :colorful:

Yeah, you can add me to the supporters list.
Welcome to the Club Ice Ant :happysheep:

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I was casually checking some stuff I write in the past; and I found this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Oz9_U4HAQjwiQydDzeVPeJ4PjEgl3miAjqJsbVOEQw/edit?usp=sharing

It's a text I wrote talking about the overseas FE Lords; and their pros and cons as playable characters for Smash Bros.

And in the hindsight I found some things funny.

1.- Alm and Celica are now the most relevant main characters.
2.- Lyn is still an Assist Trophy
3.- Corrin ended up appearing in Smash (this article was finished two months before their reveal).

Burigu

Smash Ace
I was casually checking some stuff I write in the past; and I found this:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12Oz9_U4HAQjwiQydDzeVPeJ4PjEgl3miAjqJsbVOEQw/edit?usp=sharing

It's a text I wrote talking about the overseas FE Lords; and their pros and cons as playable characters for Smash Bros.

And in the hindsight I found some things funny.

1.- Alm and Celica are now the most relevant main characters.
2.- Lyn is still an Assist Trophy
3.- Corrin ended up appearing in Smash (this article was finished two months before their reveal).
Interesting read, SoV did a lot for Alm and Celica, previously not only their art was atrocious, also limitations of the time didn't made them shine in game that much. I now find Celica's design one of the best in the series, a "lord" with nothing blue, that is odd.

I would have loved if at least they gave Lyn her Brave outfit from Heroes, it is so much better, personally I find her original outfit dated by comparation but that is enterely subjetive.

Also I think your mention of "too sexy for Smash" actually is a reason to question a character's inclusion, just look at Corrin, it was REALLY necessary to cover her thighs? or what they did to Samus, I lost hope of seeing Pyra from Xenoblade, unless heavy censor.

I would put Tiki along with Micaiah and Anna in the decent category, at this point I think she and Anna are the mascots of Fire Emblem.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Interesting read, SoV did a lot for Alm and Celica, previously not only their art was atrocious, also limitations of the time didn't made them shine in game that much. I now find Celica's design one of the best in the series, a "lord" with nothing blue, that is odd.

I would have loved if at least they gave Lyn her Brave outfit from Heroes, it is so much better, personally I find her original outfit dated by comparation but that is enterely subjetive.

Also I think your mention of "too sexy for Smash" actually is a reason to question a character's inclusion, just look at Corrin, it was REALLY necessary to cover her thighs? or what they did to Samus, I lost hope of seeing Pyra from Xenoblade, unless heavy censor.

I would put Tiki along with Micaiah and Anna in the decent category, at this point I think she and Anna are the mascots of Fire Emblem.
I agree that Tiki would be in the higher bracket, as she is one of the more iconic figures in the franchise, and one that has some probability of appearing in future FE games & spinoffs. She even has her own Amiibo!

As for "too sexy for Smash," I don't really consider that an adequate argument. If it were, then Bayonetta would be right out. Moreover, they could easily opt for the younger version of Tiki if they were concerned about too much cleavage or leg.

However, for Ultimate, I'm thinking that probably the only FE newcomer we'll get is DLC for Three Houses. Although I hope I'm wrong! I'd love for Tiki or Micaiah (or even others from the series) to show up. But I'm not really expecting it, since the roster for the game is already so large. That's the downside to including everyone that's already been a Smash game -- less new characters to play with.

Burigu

Smash Ace
I agree that Tiki would be in the higher bracket, as she is one of the more iconic figures in the franchise, and one that has some probability of appearing in future FE games & spinoffs. She even has her own Amiibo!

As for "too sexy for Smash," I don't really consider that an adequate argument. If it were, then Bayonetta would be right out. Moreover, they could easily opt for the younger version of Tiki if they were concerned about too much cleavage or leg.

However, for Ultimate, I'm thinking that probably the only FE newcomer we'll get is DLC for Three Houses. Although I hope I'm wrong! I'd love for Tiki or Micaiah (or even others from the series) to show up. But I'm not really expecting it, since the roster for the game is already so large. That's the downside to including everyone that's already been a Smash game -- less new characters to play with.
Bayo might be the exception to a degree, but otherwise Nintendo has gone out of their way to cover as much skin as posible, other example is that they altered Palu's dress to show less leg, honestly it is not like the characters are pure fanservice like other games like Soul Calibur or DoA.

I think they might go with child Tiki just because it is her more common form.

I know some people like to complain about "over representation" but I would gladly receive most of the Fire Emblem cast

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I've only played Fire Emblem Awakening. But, I'm planning on getting Fire Emblem Warriors for my 3DS. I support!

Troykv

Smash Master

Well; FE2 seems it was a game with even a lower budget than FE1 XD. And yeah; Celica looks quite unique between the lords; she already looked quite special with the golder armor IMO; but well.

Lyn's original design is just simple; the Brave version adds some additional elements to it to make it stand out more.

How do you think Adult Tiki would ended up looking in Smash Bros? With Young Tiki is a bit easier to visualize because Fire Emblem Warriors already gives us an idea.

In the hindsight (mostly because the slightly edited Corrin and Bayonetta are a thing) I would have put Tiki in the Decent Category too.

The Amiibo thing it's something I wouldn't have know in 2015; but is great :3

I would like to see how you would you sublty change Tiki to meet the E10/A Rating. Seriously, I'm curious about your ideas too. :starman:

And yeah; I hope we can get someone else from FE before the DLC (Where whoever is actually the 3H Main character will ended up appearing in the DLC).

I've only played Fire Emblem Awakening. But, I'm planning on getting Fire Emblem Warriors for my 3DS. I support!
Welcome to the club SEGAGameBoy! :happysheep:

I would also like to suggest you to play the Tellius Games; but they aren't as easy to get sadly.

Do you have some opinion about Micaiah you would like to share?

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace

I would like to see how you would you sublty change Tiki to meet the E10/A Rating. Seriously, I'm curious about your ideas too. :starman:

And yeah; I hope we can get someone else from FE before the DLC (Where whoever is actually the 3H Main character will ended up appearing in the DLC).
I think they would probably give her leggings, since that's what they did with Corrin. Alternatively, they could possibly just lengthen the thing she's wearing. Those seem like changes Nintendo might do. I personally think it's unnecessary and silly for them to do it, but they can do what they want, I suppose.

And I would like some more from FE prior to the DLC too. They might put someone from Three Houses directly in the game, that's a possibility too. But I'm thinking there's maybe going to be 10 or so newcomers, so, unfortunately, I doubt we'll be getting more than that, unless they up the number of echo characters.

Troykv

Smash Master
I think they would probably give her leggings, since that's what they did with Corrin. Alternatively, they could possibly just lengthen the thing she's wearing. Those seem like changes Nintendo might do. I personally think it's unnecessary and silly for them to do it, but they can do what they want, I suppose.

And I would like some more from FE prior to the DLC too. They might put someone from Three Houses directly in the game, that's a possibility too. But I'm thinking there's maybe going to be 10 or so newcomers, so, unfortunately, I doubt we'll be getting more than that, unless they up the number of echo characters.
I think making the dress a bit longer it would be enough; but the leggins would work as a prevention measure xD.

I wonder how will exactly Sakurai exactly deal with the subject of the Fire Emblem characters in Smash Ultimate; I would like to see something new; it doesn't need to be a new completete newcomer.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well; FE2 seems it was a game with even a lower budget than FE1 XD. And yeah; Celica looks quite unique between the lords; she already looked quite special with the golder armor IMO; but well.

Lyn's original design is just simple; the Brave version adds some additional elements to it to make it stand out more.

How do you think Adult Tiki would ended up looking in Smash Bros? With Young Tiki is a bit easier to visualize because Fire Emblem Warriors already gives us an idea.

In the hindsight (mostly because the slightly edited Corrin and Bayonetta are a thing) I would have put Tiki in the Decent Category too.

Welcome to the club SEGAGameBoy! :happysheep:

I would also like to suggest you to play the Tellius Games; but they aren't as easy to get sadly.

Do you have some opinion about Micaiah you would like to share?
I don't think Adult Tiki deserves that many edits and any edits would made me roll my eyes, but I guess something as simple as to made her cleavage less notorius would be enough, something similar to what they did to Tiki's trophy in the 3DS version.

I think her legs are covered enough already.

Troykv

Smash Master
I don't think Adult Tiki deserves that many edits and any edits would made me roll my eyes, but I guess something as simple as to made her cleavage less notorius would be enough, something similar to what they did to Tiki's trophy in the 3DS version.

I think her legs are covered enough already.
I agree; the Trophy gave us some bases to know how she would work without feeling to risky xD

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Well I already wrote up a paragraph the other day with moveset ideas and Troykv wanted me to drop by here so here I am and here's the paragraph:

She could have a charging mechanic much like Robin's Thunder but with Light, Ellight, Shine and then either Purge (super long range magic), Valaura (poisoning magic) or Nosferatu since that was a light tome in RD. Rexaura Corona could be her final smash since Rexaura is the strongest light tome and Corona is her tertiary class skill much like Ike's is Aether (granted, it's not unique to Micaiah in RD since Laura, Rhys, Oliver, Lekain and the 2nd last final boss have it) She could make use of her signature ability Sacrifice which harms her but heals another. That may sound pointless in a game like Smash but it would have its uses. Namely in teams since you could be at low % and your partner at high % and could even it out but even in 1v1s. If you're within the percent range of a kill confirm, Sacrifice could take you out of it so your opponent would have to land a raw kill move which is usually more difficult. Alternatively, you could lower your opponents % if they get past a kill confirm % if Micaiah happened to get one. With Sacrifice and Nosferatu, Micaiah would have the unique ability to swap % both ways with characters. She could also make use of staves. Heal, Mend, Physic, Recover, Fortify Matrona and the Ashera staff could be used for general healing though that may be a bit redundant with Sacrifice. Rescue could force an opponent close to you. Rewarp could be a recovery much like Palutena's or Mewtwo's. Ward could increase defenses kinda like Shulk's Shield Monado arte. Sleep could be a long range option to...well put the opponent to sleep. Restore could cure sleep or dizziness. Silence could...idk prevent the use of special moves for a bit? I'll commend anyone who can find a use for the Torch, Unlock or Hammerene staves. Alternative option for a recovery is taking another page (Ha) from Robin and using a spell to propel herself upwards. Could also add Sothe somewhere in there. Final Smash or a unique defensive option since he starts with the Guard skill or even just victory poses. And while it's overdone, Micaiah could have a counter, not specifically for being an FE character but because she has foresight in a similar vein to Shulk. Granted, her foresight is usually way further in the future but it could work. Also, her dodges could be her awesome twirl animation for when she dodges in RD. Could also make her smash attack charging animations the same as her critical start up animations in RD since tome users take for bloody ever to do a critical.

The only thing I know about no-RD Micaiah is that she uses dark tomes in Awakening cuz light wasn't an option. No knowledge on Heroes or Fates Micaiah if the latter even exists.

Admittedly, I actually forgot about Thani when I wrote that despite it being her unique tome. Also has very easy applications for Smash, either have it do high shield damage or pierce shields since it's effective on armored units. Not too different from why Marth's neutral special does such high shield damage.

And for anyone who cares to know, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn is my favourite game of all time even to this day, hence the title I have for myself and as I show in my signature, I own both an English and a Japanese copy of the game. I nerd over this game way more than I should :p In regards to Micaiah specifically, she's not one of my favourite units (mages don't fare too well in RD in general) but she is my second favourite of the mandatory 6 (Micaiah, Sothe, Ike, Sanaki, Kurthnaga, Ena) only being behind Ike. Sanaki is just a bit behind her as I much prefer the higher damage output from Sanaki but her low strength and HP make her a bigger hassle to use in the endgame compared to Micaiah plus Sanaki doesn't get access to staves for whatever reason. The other 3 I outright dislike.

Anyways, I find Micaiah an unlikely addition but I'll gladly have anything from my favourite game join Smash, even if it means more FE characters. Least this one doesn't use a sword and wouldn't be added purely for advertisement purposes.

Troykv

Smash Master
Well I already wrote up a paragraph the other day with moveset ideas and Troykv wanted me to drop by here so here I am and here's the paragraph:

She could have a charging mechanic much like Robin's Thunder but with Light, Ellight, Shine and then either Purge (super long range magic), Valaura (poisoning magic) or Nosferatu since that was a light tome in RD. Rexaura Corona could be her final smash since Rexaura is the strongest light tome and Corona is her tertiary class skill much like Ike's is Aether (granted, it's not unique to Micaiah in RD since Laura, Rhys, Oliver, Lekain and the 2nd last final boss have it) She could make use of her signature ability Sacrifice which harms her but heals another. That may sound pointless in a game like Smash but it would have its uses. Namely in teams since you could be at low % and your partner at high % and could even it out but even in 1v1s. If you're within the percent range of a kill confirm, Sacrifice could take you out of it so your opponent would have to land a raw kill move which is usually more difficult. Alternatively, you could lower your opponents % if they get past a kill confirm % if Micaiah happened to get one. With Sacrifice and Nosferatu, Micaiah would have the unique ability to swap % both ways with characters. She could also make use of staves. Heal, Mend, Physic, Recover, Fortify Matrona and the Ashera staff could be used for general healing though that may be a bit redundant with Sacrifice. Rescue could force an opponent close to you. Rewarp could be a recovery much like Palutena's or Mewtwo's. Ward could increase defenses kinda like Shulk's Shield Monado arte. Sleep could be a long range option to...well put the opponent to sleep. Restore could cure sleep or dizziness. Silence could...idk prevent the use of special moves for a bit? I'll commend anyone who can find a use for the Torch, Unlock or Hammerene staves. Alternative option for a recovery is taking another page (Ha) from Robin and using a spell to propel herself upwards. Could also add Sothe somewhere in there. Final Smash or a unique defensive option since he starts with the Guard skill or even just victory poses. And while it's overdone, Micaiah could have a counter, not specifically for being an FE character but because she has foresight in a similar vein to Shulk. Granted, her foresight is usually way further in the future but it could work. Also, her dodges could be her awesome twirl animation for when she dodges in RD. Could also make her smash attack charging animations the same as her critical start up animations in RD since tome users take for bloody ever to do a critical.

The only thing I know about no-RD Micaiah is that she uses dark tomes in Awakening cuz light wasn't an option. No knowledge on Heroes or Fates Micaiah if the latter even exists.

Admittedly, I actually forgot about Thani when I wrote that despite it being her unique tome. Also has very easy applications for Smash, either have it do high shield damage or pierce shields since it's effective on armored units. Not too different from why Marth's neutral special does such high shield damage.

And for anyone who cares to know, Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn is my favourite game of all time even to this day, hence the title I have for myself and as I show in my signature, I own both an English and a Japanese copy of the game. I nerd over this game way more than I should :p In regards to Micaiah specifically, she's not one of my favourite units (mages don't fare too well in RD in general) but she is my second favourite of the mandatory 6 (Micaiah, Sothe, Ike, Sanaki, Kurthnaga, Ena) only being behind Ike. Sanaki is just a bit behind her as I much prefer the higher damage output from Sanaki but her low strength and HP make her a bigger hassle to use in the endgame compared to Micaiah plus Sanaki doesn't get access to staves for whatever reason. The other 3 I outright dislike.

Anyways, I find Micaiah an unlikely addition but I'll gladly have anything from my favourite game join Smash, even if it means more FE characters. Least this one doesn't use a sword and wouldn't be added purely for advertisement purposes.
I think healing based abilities should have a punishment or overall being slow (healing in competitive games it can be a powerful tool); so sacrifice is perfect to be one of the Micaiah's niches if healing is possible in some way.

I have always like how Micaiah avoids hits in Radiant Dawn; it's so clean a stylish; it makes me thing in the "roll" animation of the female characters of Smash Bros :p

I would be nice to give Sothe a purpose in the game if Micaiah is indeed playable.

Micaiah appears in Heroes since January (isn't that different from RD stat-wise; but being a anti cavalier/armor unit it's even more useful there); but in Fates doesn't (the only non Awakening/Fates Character that appears are the Early Smash Amiibos).

Thani is a very cool tome; it would create one of the few ways to make massive shield damage at distance; but it would likely be a slowish move.

I think we had previously talked a bit about the fact you like Fire Emblem.. but it seems now she kind of likes Micaiah instead of just treat her neutrally.

Ena kind of suck BTW XDU.

It's unlikely sure; but not impossible; and like many other people with characters in hard positions we're supporting the wishes we want :happysheep:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I think healing based abilities should have a punishment or overall being slow (healing in competitive games it can be a powerful tool); so sacrifice is perfect to be one of the Micaiah's niches if healing is possible in some way.

I have always like how Micaiah avoids hits in Radiant Dawn; it's so clean a stylish; it makes me thing in the "roll" animation of the female characters of Smash Bros :p

I would be nice to give Sothe a purpose in the game if Micaiah is indeed playable.

Micaiah appears in Heroes since January (isn't that different from RD stat-wise; but being a anti cavalier/armor unit it's even more useful there); but in Fates doesn't (the only non Awakening/Fates Character that appears are the Early Smash Amiibos).

Thani is a very cool tome; it would create one of the few ways to make massive shield damage at distance; but it would likely be a slowish move.

I think we had previously talked a bit about the fact you like Fire Emblem.. but it seems now she kind of likes Micaiah instead of just treat her neutrally.

Ena kind of suck BTW XDU.

It's unlikely sure; but not impossible; and like many other people with characters in hard positions we're supporting the wishes we want :happysheep:
I agree with the idea of healing requiring some consequence. The only current examples in Smash are the PK kids which require an energy projectile to hit their absorber and if they predict wrong, they can get punished for it and Wii Fit Trainer who heals very slowly with a fully charged Sun Salutation and Deep Breathing. Not official but there's P:M's Ivysaur who heals with neutral special, pummels and sweetspot uair, dair and usmash. Granted, I don't actually know how Ivy is punished, if at all for healing in that game. It actually seems to get rewarded by gaining access to Solarbeam after enough healing. As for Micaiah and her Sacrifice, in addition to the benefits to higher damage I already mentioned, there's also rage. If Micaiah got access to a 'Checkmate' or a move similar to Screw Attack, she could abuse rage to help her net KOs.

Her neat little spin could work for spot dodges and/or rolls. Would definitely be neat to see. Not sure if any of the other FE characters have their dodge animations added to Smash. Going off rough memory, I wanna say Marth's spot dodge is similar to his Shadow Dragon dodge but I could easily be wrong. Pretty sure Ike lacks his RD dodge at the very least. Actually on second thought, Marth does a heavy lean for his dodge in SD so yeah...not carried over to Smash.

Sothe could follow suite with Chrom, appearing in victory screens and a Final Smash or they could have him appear during Micaiah's shielding animation or as a counter to reference him having the Guard skill. Wouldn't seem too out of place seeing as how Toad appears out of thin air for Peach's grabs now. Plus there's always warp magic to make him appear. Could even use the logic that Micaiah is using the Rescue staff on him to bring him to her for protection.

I only played Heroes for the first week it was out, then stopped because my service provider doesn't have an unlimited data plan and since Heroes requires constant access to data, it would've become a very expensive game for me. Could always play it at home but then...why wouldn't I just play any other FE game? I do own them all after all xD

I actually think it'd be cool if Micaiah's spells functioned just like they do in RD, coming from above. The distance they appear from Micaiah could be fixed, similar to Robin's Distant Nosferatu custom and doing it this way would allow Micaiah to edgeguard with her spells better and it would help make her spells different from Robin's. There would be a few exceptions of course like Shine, since it just kinda appears around the opponent in RD rather than coming from above. As for Thani specifically, it could be a slow spell like it is in RD or it could simply be her reward for charging her spell to the max if her spells take after Robin's.

I've always liked Micaiah, she's just not one of my favourite units. I don't mind the fact that I have to use her every playthrough since she's more useful than Sothe, Kurthnaga and Ena and she's usually less of a hassle to work with than Sanaki (I did have a playthrough once where Micaiah got to the endgame with only 7 defense...). Her Sacrifice can remove the Silence effect that Lekain puts on everyone and I always give her a Physic staff. Plus the first part of the endgame has a lot of armored units which makes Thani useful and her high luck and resistance makes her quite resilient for the last 3 chapters...3rd last only if you keep her away from red dragons. She's not my favourite mage though as I prefer the higher damage output that Soren and Calill provide and while Micaiah certainly isn't a bad unit, she's not crazy good either like Ike, Zihark, Ulki, Rolf, Shinon or the laguz royals.

As for Ena...honestly I don't even consider her the worst of the mandtory 6...or even the 2nd worst. Her high resistance helps keep her alive near the end and she honestly does a better job being helpful by just sitting around than Kurthnaga or Sothe do by doing anything since Blood Tide is such a good skill. She also has Boon which helps remove the Silence effect. Sadly, she's probably the 2nd best dragon in the game, only being worse than her grandfather.

That all being said, I'm still all for supporting Micaiah. Not gonna be too upset if she doesn't make it but I'd be quite happy if she did. And hey, she held onto hope during part 3 when things turned sour for Daein so we can hold onto hope for Micaiah getting into Smash :p

Troykv

Smash Master
I agree with the idea of healing requiring some consequence. The only current examples in Smash are the PK kids which require an energy projectile to hit their absorber and if they predict wrong, they can get punished for it and Wii Fit Trainer who heals very slowly with a fully charged Sun Salutation and Deep Breathing. Not official but there's P:M's Ivysaur who heals with neutral special, pummels and sweetspot uair, dair and usmash. Granted, I don't actually know how Ivy is punished, if at all for healing in that game. It actually seems to get rewarded by gaining access to Solarbeam after enough healing. As for Micaiah and her Sacrifice, in addition to the benefits to higher damage I already mentioned, there's also rage. If Micaiah got access to a 'Checkmate' or a move similar to Screw Attack, she could abuse rage to help her net KOs.

Her neat little spin could work for spot dodges and/or rolls. Would definitely be neat to see. Not sure if any of the other FE characters have their dodge animations added to Smash. Going off rough memory, I wanna say Marth's spot dodge is similar to his Shadow Dragon dodge but I could easily be wrong. Pretty sure Ike lacks his RD dodge at the very least. Actually on second thought, Marth does a heavy lean for his dodge in SD so yeah...not carried over to Smash.

Sothe could follow suite with Chrom, appearing in victory screens and a Final Smash or they could have him appear during Micaiah's shielding animation or as a counter to reference him having the Guard skill. Wouldn't seem too out of place seeing as how Toad appears out of thin air for Peach's grabs now. Plus there's always warp magic to make him appear. Could even use the logic that Micaiah is using the Rescue staff on him to bring him to her for protection.

I only played Heroes for the first week it was out, then stopped because my service provider doesn't have an unlimited data plan and since Heroes requires constant access to data, it would've become a very expensive game for me. Could always play it at home but then...why wouldn't I just play any other FE game? I do own them all after all xD

I actually think it'd be cool if Micaiah's spells functioned just like they do in RD, coming from above. The distance they appear from Micaiah could be fixed, similar to Robin's Distant Nosferatu custom and doing it this way would allow Micaiah to edgeguard with her spells better and it would help make her spells different from Robin's. There would be a few exceptions of course like Shine, since it just kinda appears around the opponent in RD rather than coming from above. As for Thani specifically, it could be a slow spell like it is in RD or it could simply be her reward for charging her spell to the max if her spells take after Robin's.

I've always liked Micaiah, she's just not one of my favourite units. I don't mind the fact that I have to use her every playthrough since she's more useful than Sothe, Kurthnaga and Ena and she's usually less of a hassle to work with than Sanaki (I did have a playthrough once where Micaiah got to the endgame with only 7 defense...). Her Sacrifice can remove the Silence effect that Lekain puts on everyone and I always give her a Physic staff. Plus the first part of the endgame has a lot of armored units which makes Thani useful and her high luck and resistance makes her quite resilient for the last 3 chapters...3rd last only if you keep her away from red dragons. She's not my favourite mage though as I prefer the higher damage output that Soren and Calill provide and while Micaiah certainly isn't a bad unit, she's not crazy good either like Ike, Zihark, Ulki, Rolf, Shinon or the laguz royals.

As for Ena...honestly I don't even consider her the worst of the mandtory 6...or even the 2nd worst. Her high resistance helps keep her alive near the end and she honestly does a better job being helpful by just sitting around than Kurthnaga or Sothe do by doing anything since Blood Tide is such a good skill. She also has Boon which helps remove the Silence effect. Sadly, she's probably the 2nd best dragon in the game, only being worse than her grandfather.

That all being said, I'm still all for supporting Micaiah. Not gonna be too upset if she doesn't make it but I'd be quite happy if she did. And hey, she held onto hope during part 3 when things turned sour for Daein so we can hold onto hope for Micaiah getting into Smash :p
I think the idea with Ivysaur is that you need to punish your opponent to heal; because the other way of healing it's quite Slow (the Solar Beam Charge); also, it seems Ivysaur it's actually a bit weaker overall compared with similar character to compesate her relatively easy access to healing. (BTW; the Micaiah that I designed has two pressure aerials; a kill move, a Meteor and one that changes function the higher the percentages are)

Marth's sidestep actually looks similar to some of his avoid animations; but I'm not sure if influenced his design xD. But I still think that Micaiah would work for Smash because her avoid animation it's actually quite large and complex compared with most of the cast (the only other units that have Avoid that look like Smash Dodges are the Rogues)

I didn't have a clear idea what to do with Sothe in her moveset; but hey I like when people try to share ideas about it.

I would like to have more physical Fire Emblems.

I imagined Thani as a move that the further its charged; the farther reaches (a bit like Zelda's Din); but instead of generating the explosion it would generate the "coming from above" Light Attack (I think it's actually mentioned in the Micaiah moveset I did xD)

Oh I see! Well, I can feel similar with many characters XD. BTW. Are you talking about pre-Light Priestess? Because Micaiah's absolute minimum defense in End game it's 10 (2 from Light Mage + 3 from Light Sage + 5 from Priestess), Sacrifice it's very nice in endgame; it's the only restore ability that isn't nullified for the Silence effect (The Silence affects Herons? I don't remember).

Ena for herself it's mostly a Tank; but I forgot that she actually has Blood Tide; one of the best support (passive) abilities in the game (only While Tide it's better).

I hope so Krysco!

(BTW; if some day you feel a bit extra boring you would try to do a little moveset. It would be fun).

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Micaiah, a name I remember since the Brawl days. Recently, I came across my roster I made after Brawl came out 10 years ago and she was on it. I want to see her get a playable roster spot. I would like to be added to Micaiah support list.

Troykv

Smash Master
Micaiah, a name I remember since the Brawl days. Recently, I came across my roster I made after Brawl came out 10 years ago and she was on it. I want to see her get a playable roster spot. I would like to be added to Micaiah support list.
Oh welcome Bravado! It's pretty nice to found someone that knew about Micaiah since the early days; maybe Micaiah isn't in her best days; but we'll continue to exist to support her in Smash (you can found some interesting stuff in the main page)

And okay!; I'll add you to the support list :happysheep:

worst waifu
I don't know what exactly are you expecting to get here Mr Astilpe. But have a nice day regardless.

Top Bottom