• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Possibilities of Wall Clinging.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
After trying to get that **** chain jacket to work without any luck, I decided to just play around.

I started wondering why Wall Clings would be included if there is aparently no use for them.

So far, I found that you get a third jump after Wall Clings, from which you can then do any more you wish.

Vanishing from beneath Final Destination works quite easily, but only as a substitute for Vanish Glides.

You can use the chain, as you know, a number of times. I suppose this would just be some kind of mindgame/time waster since they can't hit you. If they come down for you, you can easily prepare for an attack before they do, then grab the ledge for invincibility. Something like a trap.

You can also do a shortened version of the Transformation Jump, then FW back to the stage from underneath as Zelda. However, since you don't get another jump, it's not really advisable. There are safer ways.

So, anyway, the point of this post is just to ask you guys if you can think of any ways that this may be useful in real fights. The Wall Cling takes up about 3 seconds before you fall.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
...Other people can Wall Cling?

Anyways, joking aside, wall clinging is pretty much useless for everyone not named Lucario.

Yeah, Sheik can Wall Cling, but ONLY if she's close enough to a wall. Unfortunately, 99% of all non-banned stages are aerial, which means the only way you're gonna get to that wall is by using your second jump. However, if you've still got a second jump left, why the hell aren't you on the stage already?

Also, you can instantly leap off the wall with a rising airdodge/rising aerial as soon as you cling. You don't have to wait the full 3.3 seconds.

Realistically, the only place you'll ever even get a CHANCE to wall cling (effectively. Not just for the lulz) is Yoshi's Isle, and even then, if you can make it to the wall, your opponent screwed up his edgeguarding. :\

Oh, fun fact. You can scale really high walls in custom stages by wall clinging, then wall jumping normally and then clinging again.

Really, though, you guys won't get much out of wall clinging unless you find out somehow that Vanish allows her to stick to walls. However, if it DOES turn out that Vanish can stick to walls somehow, you just gained one of the best recovery options in the game! :D

Until then, you can sorta use it as a form of "time-out" in the middle of a match if you feel like you need some breathing room to rethink your strategies.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I didn't say you have to stay the whole 3.3 seconds. Just putting it out there so people can play around.

I have no problem whatsoever wall clinging on Final Destination. If you do it after using the tether, you can drop down and cling, and get ready to strike, incase you mis-timed thoes invincibility frames.

I knew about the infinite wall-jumping thing. I found out this morning. :p

Hmmm. I know that Sheik can grab the ledge before the actual explosion in Vanish. Maybe there is a way to break it an wallcling. I'll try it out, but I'm highly doubtful.

I don't really care about the banned stages, items, tier lists, etc... Honestly, that's just pure bull**** for people that can't deal with a little wall.

I can understand no-items, since you focus on fighting, but banning other **** is just... ********.

Villi

Smash Lord
You can drop down from the ledge and wall cling on Yoshi's Island. From there, you can get back on stage with a bair.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I'm talking about stages like Final Destination and Battlefield, where it would be difficult to get hit when wallclinging. Yoshi's Island is too open. Anyone can easily drop down and hit you.

ADHD

Smash Hero
This is gonna sound funny, but can you still scar jump?

All it does is make you look super ninja. It's too bad you can't use it like lucario can.

Top Bottom