• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PokeHub: Universal PokeProject Thread-Feraligatr, Gardevoir and Hoppip Videos!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Don't get used to the idea of my finishing. I have a ton of schoolwork to do. I'll probably pass it off later.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
HR, from what it seems Weavile may have too little issue landing powerful kills for his archetype...
I see where you're coming from, but the super KO power is only on the surface stats.

Pursuit has too much startup lag to be an easy KO move, and is more of an approaching tool or punisher.

Ice Punch's uppercut is also a punisher as well as mainly used against airborne opponents.

FSmash and USmash are good, quick and strong moves, but they're meant to be useful outside of KOing so they'll most likely be staled at KO time.

Also, keep in mind that the whole moveset hasn't been finished. He's supposed to have speed and powerful KO moves (like his in-game self), but NOT be very good in gimping. And unlike a certain azure knight, Weavile doesn't have disjointed long-range sword attacks nor does he have an unstoppable recovery, AND Weavile actually some end lag on many of his attacks so you have a chance to counter him if he acts predictably. He needs his KO potential to actually be worth playing.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I was testing a few down specials like rock wrecker and rock slide but I'm creating a new move out of superpower (representing Ttars incredible strength) and stone edge for tyranitars rock element so he'll turn into a screen facing position raise his fist and then smash his fist into the ground he then releases a shockwave that extends about 1.5 times the length of a battlefield platform in both directions the shockwave is pretty fast and in front of it is a wave of rock fragments. The shockwave will impale opponents into the ground while the wave of rock causes hitlag and then a decently powerful hit with high horizontal knockback and damage. This will be a more logical attack for tyranitar and balanced Ttars body has a hitbox and super armor during the strike with ok knockback and weak damage but the fist Is the sweetspot with a hitbox with incredible diagonal knockback and great damage ok balance with lag and power it becomes a stall then fall when used in the air sending tyranitar towrds the ground fist first producing a stronger shockwave but more ending lag (good way to return to the stage from a near star KO) tell ms what you guys think! I want input and if you like it I'll make sure it is finished for tyranitars pre-alpha video
Hey JOE! what do you think of tyranitars revised down special? Your my go to guyy for critiques and feedback on movesets lol

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I was wondering the same thing, it seems everyone is now a mod. *AHEM* Back on topic, My computer FINALLY got fixed so I can help anyone who needs help with anything related to brawlbox :3

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Um who are you lol the only person who sounds like they need help is the dude doing ho oh since he can't get him to walk the rest of us seem to think we know what were doing lol I'm resuming work in tyranitar tomorrow
I will also resume working on salamence and garchomp I'll post movesets Sunday

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
Um who are you lol the only person who sounds like they need help is the dude doing ho oh since he can't get him to walk the rest of us seem to think we know what were doing lol I'm resuming work in tyranitar tomorrow
I will also resume working on salamence and garchomp I'll post movesets Sunday
That'll be me. And yes, I still need help with it. I'm not very good at animations...

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Ok well dude I'll help you out first find a character that dashed at the speed you want and open their model and animations in brawlbox then find the animation titled run this Is the actual running animation find the # of frames it is and then open ho ohs model and animations and edit the run animation make it 1 frame long then hit enter then make it however long the other characters run animation was make your animation and don't worry about ho oh actually moving for now when your done go back to the characters run animation and go to the final frame look at the transn bones translations copy the z translation then go to ho ohs run animations last frame and look at whatever bone is serving as the transn bone and paste in the z translation then save and load ho oh into brawl tell me how it works
Also I hope you've already solved the transn bone stuff where the bone that contains ho ohs translations must have the same bone index as the transn bone of the character you are placing ho oh over

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
1. The bones are so hard to work with.

2. I am a terrible multitasker, Chikorita is chugging along at a semi-slow pace. If were to work on both for the same amount of time, neither would get done.

3. After much thought, I have decided to choose to work on Torterra. Partly because someone started Inferape, it's up to me to restore the balance of the cosmos.

4. Ho-oh won't make a good fighter, in the anime, all the bird pokemon do is spam Aerial ace. Ho-oh doesn't look steamlined enough to make that look natural.

5. Hasn't regularly appeared in the anime, which is where a lot of my ideas for moves come from.

More excuses coming soon

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
4. Ho-oh won't make a good fighter, in the anime, all the bird pokemon do is spam Airial ace. Ho-oh doesn't look steamlined enough to make that look natural.

5. Hasn't regularly appear in the anime, which is where alot of my ideas for move come from.

More excuses coming soon
I can help with ideas :3

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I can't multitask, it is simply not possible for me. I have to divide things up and do them individually.

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
Ho-oh is now on pause (maybe cancelation), as I'm bad at BrawlBox and worse at PSA, and I don't have a lot of time to work.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Would just like to throw in I'm working on Magmortar over Mario. Waits, jumps, falls, landings, crouching, guarding, hurtboxes and F-Smash all looking dandy =)

Mind if I ask a question? I've successfully switched indexes for the TransN bone, so running works well...but the thing is, as he runs, the animation is sped up and he runs too far, then loops back to where he should be. Anyone know a fix for this? Once these are nailed, cool pics will be up =P

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I'm pursuing a possible reason for the item freeze glitch (freezing when trying to hold an item).

EDIT: That may be the problem... ds22's Naruto can hold items. I think the reason may be that Ike's LHaveN bone (the item bone) is the same bone index as one of Naruto's actual bones, and NOT an ExtraBone. Gardevoir, on the other hand, have HaveN bones of 69 and 99, both of which correspond to ExtraBones. The game freezes when Gardevoir tries to pick up an item that she has to hold (i.e. capsule, bat), with the exception of heavy items like a crate.
Would just like to throw in I'm working on Magmortar over Mario. Waits, jumps, falls, landings, crouching, guarding, hurtboxes and F-Smash all looking dandy =)

Mind if I ask a question? I've successfully switched indexes for the TransN bone, so running works well...but the thing is, as he runs, the animation is sped up and he runs too far, then loops back to where he should be. Anyone know a fix for this? Once these are nailed, cool pics will be up =P
So he runs too far, then warps back to his actual position? Check to see if any other bones are moving him in the run animation. If so, that's the problem.

Also, what the hell happened to SWF a couple of days ago? It just suddenly died.

Serrix

Smash Journeyman
I'm pursuing a possible reason for the item freeze glitch (freezing when trying to hold an item).

EDIT: That may be the problem... ds22's Naruto can hold items. I think the reason may be that Ike's LHaveN bone (the item bone) is the same bone index as one of Naruto's actual bones, and NOT an ExtraBone. Gardevoir, on the other hand, have HaveN bones of 69 and 99, both of which correspond to ExtraBones. The game freezes when Gardevoir tries to pick up an item that she has to hold (i.e. capsule, bat), with the exception of heavy items like a crate.
So he runs too far, then warps back to his actual position? Check to see if any other bones are moving him in the run animation. If so, that's the problem.

Also, what the hell happened to SWF a couple of days ago? It just suddenly died.
If I remeber correctly, it was down for fixing. I don't know what for...
Plus, sometimes, I've been trying to get to some parts of the forum, and then it says 502 Bad Gateway... and it stays that way for a few hours <_<

EDIT: Oh, and Happy Easter guys. :chuckle:

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
I gave Tyranitar's strength a boost today with all his hitboxes and he is so strong when his attacks connect that he can fight ANY summoned pokemon and not lose. He can counter and shield through alot of attacks but mostly he just attacks the summon and his move will cause their attack to be canceled out I'll post screenshots soon. Examples include Tyranitar's Hyper Beam completely canceling suicune's Aurora Beam, Rock Storm's kinda roughed it doesn't look to good yet but the hit boxes can canceled Deoxy's Hyper Beam acting like an umbrella and shielding Tyranitar from the blast. Tyranitar can battle Kyogre and cancel Hydro Pump and finally I have the animation and hitboxes for Gigacrush just not the effects yet and they were able to cancel out the damage and impale hitboxes from metagross and all smashes and the specials I've completed can cancel pikachu's thunder and then when Pikachu's invincibilty wear's off the attack can hurt him too.
The problem is getting within range and landing the hit against quicker opponents although most of them will stop when they release a pokemon thinking that Tyranitar can't get them but in reality Tyranitar's Hyper Beam can blast through any of the moves the summons can use the only one I've seen that it doesn't actually cancel out is Isaac's attack which Tyranitar can still blast through but it keeps coming anyway.
I'm going to test Tyranitar and seem if he can counter Dialga's Roar of Time on the Spear Pillar stage but idk if he can maybe he will...

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
I really wanna see tyranitar in action =3 vid plz? Even low quality would be awesome.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
I'm having trouble finalizing a moveset for salamence it should revolve around projectiles and flight though suggestions would help...

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I'm having trouble finalizing a moveset for salamence it should revolve around projectiles and flight though suggestions would help...
B: No attack in particular: Whips his neck around during slowish startup, then shoots an energy/fire ball from his mouth. (Not to be confused with the grass attack energy ball)
B>: Dragon Rush: Works similarly to Fox, Falco, or Wolf's B^ aimed sideways. It has less power but travels a greater distance. Path may be influenced during use.
Bv: Aqua Tail: In air, slams tail downward with a bubbling effect. On the ground, slams tail on the ground making a wave around him. (See the in game animation.)
B^: Tailwind: A gust of wind carries Salamence upward. It does not inflict damage, however the wind may spike the opponent if used correctly.
Final Smash: Outrage: A fiery whirlwind surrounds Salamence drawing opponents near. Then The same energy balls from his B surrounds him. (See ingame animation)

just some quick ideas

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
leaf, so you know, from my testing, the reason for the item grabbing glitch is not having enough original bones over a characters first HaveN bone. like you said, it can't be an added in bone. since most characters have a lower bone index for it (between 30-40), many models dont have the problem to begin with. but i'm not sure about the weird running, something with the new animation not matching the original i think.

JOE!

Smash Hero
B: No attack in particular: Whips his neck around during slowish startup, then shoots an energy/fire ball from his mouth. (Not to be confused with the grass attack energy ball)
B>: Dragon Rush: Works similarly to Fox, Falco, or Wolf's B^ aimed sideways. It has less power but travels a greater distance. Path may be influenced during use.
Bv: Aqua Tail: In air, slams tail downward with a bubbling effect. On the ground, slams tail on the ground making a wave around him. (See the in game animation.)
B^: Tailwind: A gust of wind carries Salamence upward. It does not inflict damage, however the wind may spike the opponent if used correctly.
Final Smash: Outrage: A fiery whirlwind surrounds Salamence drawing opponents near. Then The same energy balls from his B surrounds him. (See in game animation)

just some quick ideas
POKEMON SYNDROME​

why the hell would SALAMENCE be using aqua tail?

better moveset:

B: Outrage

Similar to Mach tornado, only instead of multi-hits, it has Mence do one BIG hit for 12 damage. the ending is lag-less if used on the ground, but after 2-3 uses it puts Mence into a very brief state of "stun"

This is also colored pink-red-purple like outrage, along with fire elemental, and a movement akin to DK's Spinning Kong, yet a duration of about 1-2 seconds tops.

Side B: Twister

Salamence roars and flaps his wings violently forward, rearing up slightly as he does so. This creates a gale-force wind in front of him, which will trap opponents in a spinning animation for about a second, and doing multiple hits for like 0.5%. The lag on this is enough so that one cannot chain the move into itself, but it will give Mence the frame advantage/etc.

Light Upwards KB if the opponent doesn't DI out

Up B: Aerial Ace

*NOTE* Salamence will be lacking a formal Up B recovery! instead, he will have Jigg's style recovery, but with a glide and heavyweight status attached.

Salamence growls for a moment, flashing white as he does so. This takes about as long as Olimar's Whistle, and even has about 7% heavy armor to boot! However, you're asking yourself: "wtf does this do?"

It's fairly simple, keeping with Aerial ace's super-accurate theme, Salamence puts Aerial Ace on a queue of sorts, having the attack come out exactly 5 seconds after you initiate the move! The attack itself is a diagonal "slash" of Wind that covers essentially the area of Ike's Fair, while doing 8% and KB that kills around 160-ish. What is great about the move however is that is is completely lag-less, and unattached to Salamence, other than it comes out in front of him 5 seconds after hitting the move.

this is incredibly useful when combined with salamence's other attacks like twister and outrage, creating frame traps/etc. It is also great vs grab happy opponents trying to take advantage of your large frame, as even grabbing him doesn't halt the timer!

Pressing Up B again will simply re-set the timer, good fer mind-games.

Down B: Roost

Roost has Salamence lay down in a laying-animation momentarily, with some feathers floating around him. After some initial lag (going into the laying position) Salamence will begin to regenerate 1.5% per second of damage! Salamence is completely vulnerable while doing this, but pressing anything will cancel the move into his get-up animation.

A rather basic move, but its great when used with Aerial Ace or after a kill.

NOTES:

Size: :charizard:

Weight: :ganondorf: (less than Zard)

Walk Speed: Medium

Dash Speed: :charizard: (same animation essentially)

Air Speed: :wario: (aka tied for 3rd with him)

Fall Speed: :yoshi:

Jumps: 5 (this is where the air speed comes in with recovery, each gives him a BIT more than the height attained by :charizard:'s Jumps, along with an opportunity to glide in a manner like :pit:)

Glide Attack: Dragon Breath

As Salamence glides over the stage, pressing A will have him slow down slightly, traveling still as he unleashes a stream of dragon breath upon the helpless victims before him. Dragon Fire is unique in that instead of directly interacting with the foe like Bowser's Flamethrower, Dragon Breath lights them on fire!

While on fire, a foe takes a slow 10% damage total, which cannot be put out (unless you jump in water, are buddies with squirtle/mario, or transform into a new character), for the next 5 seconds. This attack can be canceled into another jump, or any aerial of Salamence's choice, and has a range similar to Ivy's Bair. It auto-cancels on landing.

It is interesting to note that if done along the stage, (aka you are gliding like 3ft from the ground) it will leave a trail of fire in it's wake for 5 seconds instead, doing 2% per second, without hitstun. Salamence is immune to his own inferno, but it can be put out by water-gun like moves.

This set i feel captures Mence's offensive nature well, as well as gives him a slight playstyle of setting up decent frame-traps and gliding everywhere to stay true to his aerial background.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
POKEMON SYNDROME​

why the hell would SALAMENCE be using aqua tail?
Eh... it actually makes sense. A vicious tail slam attack seems to fit quite well, wouldn't you say?
The move's description in the games is something along the lines of, "Swings its tail like a vicious wave in a storm."

Roost, on the other hand... doesn't really seem to fit Salamence's tank-dragon appearance.
Aqua Tail's a projectile? =/
No... ._.;

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Aqua tail creates a wave, at least that's what the game's animation lead me to believe o_o

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Eh... it actually makes sense. A vicious tail slam attack seems to fit quite well, wouldn't you say?
The move's description in the games is something along the lines of, "Swings its tail like a vicious wave in a storm."

Roost, on the other hand... doesn't really seem to fit Salamence's tank-dragon appearance.No... ._.;
I agree w/ the roost sentiment. But honestly, aqua tail does not even cross my mind when I think Salamence. I think Roar, Fire Fang/Bite/Crunch, Flamethrower/Dragonbreath, DClaw, DDance, Outrage. Even Hyper Beam, maybe.

If you do put in a tail move, at least call it Iron Tail. It sounds more...angry. Or just call it Rage. Or better yet, don't give it a name. =3

Top Bottom