• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PokeHub: Universal PokeProject Thread-Feraligatr, Gardevoir and Hoppip Videos!

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Okay, so you've somehow gotten a hold of the Pokepark Wii ISO!
but you can't get the MDL0s out :[ have no fear, Tutorial is here!

Step1- Okay so First you need to check if the pokemon you are looking for is actualy in pokepark HERE is a list of all the pokemon in the game.

Step2- Open up one of your files and check and see if your pokemon is in it, sometimes they use Japanese names so id you can't find yours then find out what the name is in Japanese. Anyways I chose butterfree!

You are going to need
-ISO of Pokepark
-The Latest BrawlBox
-Hexing program

Step3- Okay so you found butterfree.brres! Count and check what number he is. 18! alrighty next step

So he is the 18th pokemon on that list, so we are going to search for 62726573 because that is what every chunk of pokemon code starts with. If we search for the 18th "62726573" then it must be the start of butterfree's code, right?

Step4- So now that you found the first "62726573" you can simply just press F3 17 more times to get to butterfrees code!

Step5- Awsome there we are, the 18th "62726573" now start Higlighting everything until you get to the next one. Its going to be a long ways away. I suggest pressing page down.

Step6- Stop right before the next 62728573 and copy everything you have highlighted.

Step7- Open a new Hex sheet and paste your code. This part takes awhile be patient its a lot of code to past over. Make sure you click insert and not overwright if you using translhextion.

****I forgot you are going to need Fortwaffles Hexing Program which you can find in the MDL0 thread

Step8- Make sure you didnt copy two chunks of code (which I did) by searching to see if there are 2 "62726573"`s if there is simply delete the 2nd chunk of code.

Save your new code as "input.brres" and place it into your autohex folder and use all three programs (thanks to fortwaffles for making this so easy)

Step8- After using all three programs re-open input.brres in your hex program and find the MDL0 part. look for the first number higlighted which should be 6 down from the mdl0 part and change it to match the second number, which is 3 more down.

Step9- Now they both match, save it ( you can rename now just keep the .brres part)

Step10- Now it should be all good to look at in brawl box, But he is all black D: poor butterfree. Simply uncheck the Specular to see his true colors

Yay look at his beautfiul colors! but he has no animations ! We should fix that.

Step10- Get out of the preview and go under the animation tab. They are all blank D: Rename all of them to whatever you want and change the numbers to 500, 0, 0, 0.

I named them by numbers because I am lazy. Once they are all changed go Preview the model again.

Step11- Good It worked, Now click each animation and press play, you need to see when the animation actualy ends (they arent 500 frames long D: ) It is easy to tell how long they are supose to be. They either stop moving completly or they have giant spasms.

Butterfrees first animation happens to be 31 frams long. So highlight the 500 and change it to 31.

Do this for all the animations.

You can export the model and all the animations or you can just save the whole thing as is.

Now when you try and save the whole .brres it wont work it will say something about being null.

So go to where those things are and rename them, or delete them.

and TA-DA you did. GJ​

How do you make this a Hidden Message?

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
idk know how to make it a hidden message but that is such a complicated tutorial
here's mine:

1.) get the res00, res01, res02, res03 .dan's just like above
2.) rename them to res00.szs for all of them
3.) download szs modifier here: http://chadderz.is-a-geek.com/wiicoder/
4.) open the .szs's with the modifier program and extract
5.) use the programs by fortwaffles

i made electivire with a couple of moves
it wasn't saving because i didn't convert all the mdl0's
i can't make a vid but it has most of the basic animations already
like running breaking punching all that jazz
i put him over donkey kong
and i'm not going to make a new thread because this is the universal pokemon hub so anyone that wants to help me i can send u the fitdonkey.pac and fitdonkeymotionetc.pac

but as far as animations that's as far as im goin because im working on my naruto prjct

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
idk know how to make it a hidden message but that is such a complicated tutorial
here's mine:

1.) get the res00, res01, res02, res03 .dan's just like above
2.) rename them to res00.szs for all of them
3.) download szs modifier here: http://chadderz.is-a-geek.com/wiicoder/
4.) open the .szs's with the modifier program and extract
5.) use the programs by fortwaffles

and i'm not going to make a new thread because this is the universal pokemon hub so anyone that wants to help me i can send u the fitdonkey.pac and fitdonkeymotionetc.pac

but as far as animations that's as far as im goin because im working on my naruto prjct

But i covered every step with the utmost detail :c

highfive

Smash Lord
Did StarWaffle just get pwned, tutorial wise?
Did Piggy get Electivire to work in Brawl?
Where are highfive's cuff links?
Tune in next time to find out!

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Did StarWaffle just get pwned, tutorial wise?
Did Piggy get Electivire to work in Brawl?
Where are highfive's cuff links?
Tune in next time to find out!
lol nice one
well it's kinda late where i am
im gonna go to sleep so ill test him some other time (maybe next weekend)
i have school 2morrow :(

.Fade

Smash Journeyman

If someone picks up this Electrivire, I'll switch Marowak from DK to Diddy Kong, just so I can see Electrivire vs Magmortar one day =3

SolidSnake141

Smash Cadet
I just followed this tutorial and after I did step 10 pidgeotto wouldn't show up and it said error. I did the last step of deleting/renaming those empty files and didn't do no good. argh D:

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Well I've extracted Tyranitar I'm putting him over bowser's bones (to make the tail animate right and charizard has wings so I couldn't use his bones) So far I've only extracted him but that's enough for today and I was just wondering if you guys are going to put together a team to do this project...

Rikana

Smash Champion
This thread is full of win. I'm gonna say yes to all the Pokemons that's going to be made as long as they're all properly done. I hope it comes out very polished in the end though - if that's possible since I don't like it having the tiniest bit of choppy feeling to it.

Edit: Tyranitar is in PokePark. :o! Quick, someone start on him! Some of Charizard's attacks suit him perfectly - dSmash and sideB (earthquake and rock smash).

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
hey! just realized something!
when u switch pokemon, it doesnt load from the character's file, but rather, from a copy of the characters file thats listed somewhere else (forgot where off the top of my head) thats why with just .pcs, it only works when u start as a pokemon. because when u switch ur loading something else completly (cept when u have the pac and the .pcs, but thats not what im talking about)
basicly what this means is that there can actually be 6 pokemon in the game while only taking up the pokemon trainer slots. starting out as a poke will load a different poke than if you switched. thus giving us the other 3. i hope im being clear with what im trying to express. lol

start with a baby/pre-evolution poke(lets assume squirtel's spot),
down B to another level1 poke (alt ivy's spot),
downb to another poke. level 2 this time (alt charizard's spot),
down B to another poke level 3 (alt squirtel's spot.)
the next downB will bring you to the alt ivy's spot. aside from starting out as a poke in the hypothetical squirtles spot, theres no way to go back to it.

you can ajust the order/ catagories if you want, but one of the 4 categories would have 3 options on it.

this would take just an extra folder on the SD card. ill get the file's exact name tommorrow.
this is for sure btw.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Okay, so you've somehow gotten a hold of the Pokepark Wii ISO!
but you can't get the MDL0s out :[ have no fear, Tutorial is here!

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA

and TA-DA you did. GJ​
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you could just...
-Run SZS modifier
-File>Open
-Change the file types to "all"
-Select your .dan file and open it
-Scroll down to your pokemon
-Extract the .brres
-Use the auto hexers, BAM! Caught yourself a pokemon ready to use in Brawl in under 2 minutes!

EDIT: Well don't I feel like an idiot... I got ninja'd by an entire page.... (//_-)

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to burst your bubble, but you could just...
-Run SZS modifier
-File>Open
-Change the file types to "all"
-Select your .dan file and open it
-Scroll down to your pokemon
-Extract the .brres
-Use the auto hexers, BAM! Caught yourself a pokemon ready to use in Brawl in under 2 minutes!

EDIT: Well don't I feel like an idiot... I got ninja'd by an entire page.... (//_-)
i totally ninja'd u

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Lolwut? What happened while I was gone? o_0

EDIT: Ah. So we do have people using new pokemon. Just so we're clear, everyone post what pokemon you're working on. There's a lot of stuff on the past pages. xD

SolidSnake: You probably didn't get rid of the AnmTexSrts or rename them. You don't really need to, you can just export the model textures and animations and port them over, but to save the current brres you need to do that.

Anyone got Arcanine's model (I'd love to have him for future work)? ;_;

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon has lost touch with its roots :(... Ekans, Arbok, Koffing, and Weezing are all absent from Pokepark wii.
Meowth+ Weezing + Arbok = best trainer evah *sad

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
Thought I would try doing Cubone since the other person doing it dropped it.

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
Sure that sounds great but don't expect it to get done quickly since Im a total noob when it comes to PSA. I can get animations done easily but I'm no good with PSA.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Well i tried ur tutorial waffle for the brres files piggy gave me and heres my result

Plzz can someone hack in the animations i just wanna try to get him over someone :( also do i need a palette for him and if so how do i make it?

Heres the Palette thing im talkin about

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
Pallete is just colours for your textures and you don't need to make it. It adjusts whenever you make your textures.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Pallete is just colours for your textures and you don't need to make it. It adjusts whenever you make your textures.
I have to make textures for it 0.0 and think you could shine some light on the problem above
^

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Dood.

All you need to do to fix animations is rename the CHR0, change all of the CHR0's unknowns to 0 and change the frame count to a high number.

If you get that memory error maybe you didn't delete/move/rename the AnmTexSrts.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Dood.

All you need to do to fix animations is rename the CHR0, change all of the CHR0's unknowns to 0 and change the frame count to a high number.

If you get that memory error maybe you didn't delete/move/rename the AnmTexSrts.
Im should i delete them or rename im guna try rename first

If i could record what it looks like when he does his animations i would but i cant so i can just give you this

Now to figure out how to put all of this on someone else

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
happy birthday smash bros! =3
Spam... Well, at least you didn't make another useless topic about it. :p

Anyway, loving that Infernape. Are you guys doing completely custom animations or are you just going to rename the bones?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Im should i delete them or rename im guna try rename first

If i could record what it looks like when he does his animations i would but i cant so i can just give you this

Now to figure out how to put all of this on someone else

Export syther's MDL0 file and replace whoevers model you are puttin it on's model.

since you cant export the atctual texture file, export syther's whole Brres file, and replace the new texture file. Then go in it and delete every file except for the texture.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Export syther's MDL0 file and replace whoevers model you are puttin it on's model.

since you cant export the atctual texture file, export syther's whole Brres file, and replace the new texture file. Then go in it and delete every file except for the texture.
HUH!?!?!? i dont get it

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Anyway, loving that Infernape. Are you guys doing completely custom animations or are you just going to rename the bones?
Dunno about everyone else, but I plan to base some animations off of others maybe. Like Infernape, some of Diddy's animations will suit him nicely. Though we'll need to wait for the rebuilder before then.

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
Well I've gotten bored of making animations so I decided to make textures. I want to know if people like the one in the middles body better then the first because I tried to make it look a bit more detailed. I also switched the heads with the middle one and the farther back one since this picture was taken.

I know I was under the stage for the picture but it was the best angle for the shot.

D

Deleted member

-deleted message-

Last edited by a moderator:

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Well I've gotten bored of making animations so I decided to make textures. I want to know if people like the one in the middles body better then the first because I tried to make it look a bit more detailed. I also switched the heads with the middle one and the farther back one since this picture was taken.

I know I was under the stage for the picture but it was the best angle for the shot.
HEY! Think you could help me I mean you got cubone on someone already

Top Bottom