• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Pokémon Center: Thread Index and Resource Center

T-block

B2B TST
Welcome To The Pokémon Center
Introduction, Thread Index, and Resource Center

One morning, shortly after your tenth birthday, you wake up with a feeling of total excitement. Today marks the day that your very own Pokémon legend is set to unfold. You go over to your local computer and pull out a stored potion. You walk by your television set, which has Nintendo's latest home console attached to it. You step downstairs and have a brief chat with your mother before walking out the door into your sleepy, suburban town. Eager to get started right away, you head off in the direction of the route to the nearest neighboring town. As you take your first step onto the route, you become totally paralyzed. Suddenly, you hear a voice:

As Pokémon Trainer mains, I'm sure we can all relate to this amateurish yet common mistake in our profession. Fortunately, the Pokémon Center's have all agreed to offer a new, free program for all Pokémon Trainers; a program that can teach novices the ropes and helps keep even Champions in the loop to our meta game and techniques. The following is the fruit of their labor, an ever-growing collection of works that will prove most useful to Pokémon Trainers.

The Pokemon Lab
Resources and Information

Professor's Notes - A Guide to Being Super Effective with Pokémon Trainer - Written by TheReflexWonder, this is an amazing resource for new players who are looking for a basic understanding of Pokémon Trainer as a character, as well as veterans looking get up to speed with the metagame.

Oak's Laboratory - The Mechanics and Advanced Techniques - A list of Pokémon Trainer's ATs and how to perform them, as well as a more detailed explanation of the stamina and elemental weakness/resistance mechanic.

Pokémon Trainer Frame Data - In-depth frame data for each Pokémon's moves.

Pokémon Trainer Hitbubbles - Contains pictures of the hitbubbles for each Pokémon's moves.

Pokétch App: A Look at Key KO Percents - Lists key KO percents of various moves on varying opponents and stages. UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Dealing with Fatigue - A Psychological Perspective - A short essay on how the fatigue mechanic affects a player's mindset, why it's a bad thing, and how you should approach it.

Transformation Priorities and Transformation Times - Thread explaining a couple of quirks involving the loading involved for Pokémon Change.

Go! Come Back! Pokémon Change Guidelines and Tips - Tips on one of the more difficult aspects of Pokémon Trainer: how to switch safely, efficiently, and intelligently.

In-Depth Zero Switch Information - A compilation of information on the Zero Switch/Baton Pass AT.

Mobility and Platform Tricks - A list of various cancels and quirks on each level to help improve speed and efficiency.

Squirtle's Crouch Dodging - A list of all the moves that Squirtle can crouch under. More useful than you might think.

Landing Options - A primer on the various options available to Pokémon Trainer. Helpful to improve your ability to land safely from the air.

Voice Chat
Discussion Threads

Pokédex Entries: Matchup Discussions - The hub for PT's matchup discussions.

Choose Your Starter - Your choice of a lead pokémon can have a great effect on the result of the battle. This thread will help you choose which starter would be best in a certain matchup.

Squirtle Tactical Discussion - General gameplay discussion, focused on Squirtle.

Ivysaur Tactical Discussion - General gameplay discussion, focused on Ivysaur.

Charizard Tactical Discussionhttp://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171373 - General gameplay discussion, focused on Charizard.

Pokémon Trainer Stage Discussion - There are many stage hazards to know about in this game. This thread is for discussion on how to deal with them and how to use them to Pokémon Trainer's advantage. OUTDATED

The Union Room
Pokémon Trainer Community

Pokémon Trainer Player Listing - List of PT Players.

Pokémon Trainer Tournament Results - For discussion and reporting of tournament results.

Pokémon Trainer Video Archive - Collection of the Pokémon Trainer videos out there. Each player may have one post - read the first few posts for help on formatting and structure.

Mystery Dungeon - The PT Interview Thread - A place to learn things about the PTs that you wouldn't learn anywhere else.

Bidoof Academy: The PT Q+A Thread - Ask a question, get an answer. For smaller inquiries, this is the place to go.

Pokémon Trainer Online Thread - Looking for fellow Pokémon Trainers to play online? Check this thread.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Well, I made a new pros and cons list (still under construction), so you can include that, if not help with it.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
whoa did this just get stickied haha. that's nice, maybe now the pokemon specific threads will get more traffic.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Maybe we should make another Pro's and Cons thread. The first one I made was for reasons that I now know is kinda stupid, and you'll never know when it will help.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm not new but you've probable seen me around, but how can we sticky this thread? If we get the average flow of 1 new member every 6 months, they will need to see this thread up first thing.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
This thread is ok, but i think there was a "pokemon center" thread very similar, oh.. and a question, on the best PT player you have "El steeler".... that sounds... funny

zeta

Smash Journeyman
great work! i really didn't like the other video thread. It wasn't organized by player so it was hard to navigate.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Nicely done, Itburns!
I'm not new but you've probable seen me around, but how can we sticky this thread? If we get the average flow of 1 new member every 6 months, they will need to see this thread up first thing.
Ask a mod, probably Mic_128 cause he used to main PT.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yeah man i only have two vids up, both on wifi against dangr, both bad quality. :(

but i'm working on getting some quality shiz up so idk.

thanks for compiling all of this!

Pichu Sensei

Smash Apprentice
My vid thing is screwed up. Can somebody tell me what squirtle sliding is and how to do it?

I imagine it's like slinging except you slide across the ground.

Toby.

Smash Master
You can only use it on steep slopes like those on yoshi's island (melee). Basically you do an aerial in the slope as soon as possibly after the initial jump. If you do it quickly enough you slide up the slope really quickly and cancel the attack. It lets you slip bethind shields and such very effectively.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I have a question about the U-smash glide for Squirtle:

Can you activate the U-smash with C-stick or do you have to use the Up-A combonation. Figuring out when to do it might take some time unless I can get somewhat of a definate time as to when to activate the upsmash.

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
Hey great contribution! I'm sure it'll be really helpful to any newcomers here ;D

Pichu Sensei

Smash Apprentice
You can only use it on steep slopes like those on yoshi's island (melee). Basically you do an aerial in the slope as soon as possibly after the initial jump. If you do it quickly enough you slide up the slope really quickly and cancel the attack. It lets you slip bethind shields and such very effectively.
Oh, I think I saw that thing. Yep, not many uses for that.

Shouldn't there be an explanation of slinging, or is that simple to figure out?

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
This thread is ok, but i think there was a "pokemon center" thread very similar, oh.. and a question, on the best PT player you have "El steeler".... that sounds... funny
All the stickies(except the AT thread) in my oppinion are a little outdated even the pokemon trainer guide is being remade.

With all the new Pokemon Trainers around its best they see current footage then older ones.

I have a question about the U-smash glide for Squirtle:

Can you activate the U-smash with C-stick or do you have to use the Up-A combonation. Figuring out when to do it might take some time unless I can get somewhat of a definate time as to when to activate the upsmash.
I ve tried using the cstick with upsmash and it never comes out the right timing... I think up+smash the easiest..

Dont rule it ou though, can anyone else shed some light if they use the cstick? i wonder does anyone use the cstick+z to hold shellshifted upsmashs

2everyone else.
thank you for the feedback, I hope this thread becomes useful to all the new PT's out there.

zeta

Smash Journeyman
i have tap jump off so in order to do the shift'd upsmash i use up+y+a, however for the forward hydroplane i use cstick+z(set to jump) and if i want to charge it cstick+z(set to jump)+r(set to grab)

Bomber7

Smash Hero
ok, thaks guys. Cuz you see I got a friend who can do that with snake and Link, and it annoys the hell out of me that he can do that but I can when I know squirtle can do it. I want to surprise him one day and catch him off guard. I'll try the c-stick+A+Y, if not I'll try C-stick+Z

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
well squirtle's isn't the same because snake and link do it out of their dash attack, and squirtle out of his pivot...but yeah. same effect.

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
Is there anyone else that posts videos of their PT that Im missing?

or any advance tech videos that I missed?

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
*Update*

I updated the post to include Reflex, if there is anyone else please post name and link so I can update the list.

I also am puting them in order by most recent video. That way people can always look at the most recent PT content available

Itburns

Smash Journeyman
*update*

Added Steelers new vids
Added The Elite Four Presents: Pokemon Trainer [A Highlight Video]

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Hopefully within the next few weeks I'll be posting PT videos (I'm looking to chronicle my... improvement... with PT). PT community needs more East Coast rep, anyway. :)

Top Bottom