• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phoenix Saga Pt.2 - 2/11/12 - Ann Arbor, MI *MK Banned* - Everything You Want

Xatic

Smash Lord
There were people up there just twiddlin their thumbs and just in the way. There's no real problem with going up to see where you are in the bracket but don't do it when brackets are being made. loooool

either way I'm done talking about it :denzel:

Roller

Smash Legend
me and roller for best commentary. its going down next time.
I vote this x10

Bring PA out to this ****.
and the Laptop needed to be further away I said it like 10 times but it doesnt look good when you have 1.5 people on stream comentating because the camera only picks up half of someones face
That was a seperate camera, not the laptop, lmao. The camera was on the tv, I have some ideas on how to fix the issue for next time.

Along these lines though,

WE NEED MICS FOR THE STREAM.

If anyone has one or two they can let us use that would be much appreciated. Also, WuVs having to do with the same issue, the game audio should be turned down a bit more as we were hearing it from both the TV and the mic, and it overpowered the commentary at times.
So wait the mass amount of people was because top players wanted to do the seeding NOT because there were several people trying to learn to seed?
eh, there was a LITTLE of that, but there always is. It really was mostly people just looking over our shoulders and whatnot trying to see who they were going to play first.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I just bought a nice brand new headset for $2 from Sylvan Learning Center, I can test to see if it works soon.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
So wait the mass amount of people was because top players wanted to do the seeding NOT because there were several people trying to learn to seed?
Lol I learned how to do it. It's hard though, you can't put people close to each other that are from the same region...or too close on the PR....or who've played each other before....or if they're the same seed from pools....o_O. I would've just done it based off of seeding from pools and the PR lol, didn't know so much went in to it.

Yooo shoutouts to PzO "that Zinoto forward air" lol.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
**** Zinoto forward air.

Uploading a few of my sets. I'll post them when they're done. Didn't really have any hype games this time around :c

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
WE NEED MICS FOR THE STREAM.
Truer words have never been spoken x.x More importantly, headsets, not just mics.

If anyone has one or two they can let us use that would be much appreciated. Also, WuVs having to do with the same issue, the game audio should be turned down a bit more as we were hearing it from both the TV and the mic, and it overpowered the commentary at times.
Yeah, the internal mics were waaaaay too close to the TV, so it picked up both the TVs (via mics) and game audio (via Dazzle), so it was pretty bad. I'm hoping that next stream I can have better adjustments on the stream (audio, better layout on stream and how the actual setups themselves are, etc., etc.) And possibly headsets for better audio.

JTsm

Smash Master
You might get some cheap PS2 headsets for like $20-$30, but I'm sure you can find them a lot cheaper somewhere.....

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
im with fzk and we would like to warn everyone they should prepare to get BODIED.

puerto rican style.

LOL at gios team name. And at how free this tourney was. All this mk banned practice is leaving everyone open to the bodying that will occur by the long ***** of the retired mk mains. And fzk. But he has a big **** too so its all good

Roller

Smash Legend
1: Zinoto $89.00 :diddy: Good stuff man! Keep it up! You definitely carried me in teams this time, idk what to do with myself in doubs without mk. lol
2: Ragequaza :snake: ****.
3: Mikey Lenetia :peach: Good seeing you as always! Fun games in doubs!
4: Coco :olimar: Yo. Our set. Most hilariously crazy **** I've ever seen. Salty you outplaced me cause of easier losers bracket tho. :salt:
5: Tutu :sheilda: / :peach: $7.00 wtf happened to you guys in doubs? lol, good job beating zinoto!
5: KatyPerry (Roller) $7.00 :popo: / :falco: (Lost to Ragequaza and Zinoto) Lose to 1st and 2nd, get 5th. :salt:
7: Dust_Chase (Tech_Chase) :warioc: / :dedede: / :fox:- Good stuff in doubs, you guys bodied us. lol Thanks for hosting this too, fun tourney. Can't wait for PS3!
7: WTP :falco: / :dedede: You getting 7th from only losing to Mikey and Zinoto is just as dumb as what happened to me.
9: DarkLouis :wolf: / :snake: Damn, not bad at all! Good to see you, hope you keep up this attendance! Great job beating Ori and Lordy.
9: PzO :wario: One of the better commentators at this imo.
9: Sauceboss :diddy: Finally got to meet the legend. GGs in pools, man.
9: Xatic :wario: / :marth: Good seeing you and enjoying a bdubs meal by your side! sorry you had to be the victim of my secret weapon. :(
13: LordHelmet :falcon: After you punched Zinoto, I was legitimately scared we would lose the set in doubles. lol
13: THuGz :diddy: / :toonlink: Finally got some wins I see, lol.
13: JTSM :snake: Nice meeting you! Hopefully we wind up heading out to West MI together this weekend.
13: LOE1 :wario: /:diddy: Nice job beating Sauceboss, you're definitely improving. :reverse:
17: Zyth :olimar: / :dk2: Yo. Beat projected 1st seed in pool, don't get 1st seed. I know that feel. lol, GGs, you best believe I'll be making sure that **** doesn't happen in bracket though, lol.
17: ORI_bro :olimar: / :popo: ...you're better than 17th.
17: WuvS :yoshi2: / :rob: Good job beating the guy who beat me in pools, lol.
17: Ryuts :marth: Cool meeting you, that comeback vs ksev was crazyyy!
17: TOPIX :ness2: You'd probably do better if you could use your main. lol
17: Amity :snake: GGs man, keep up the work. West MI is improving faster than East MI for sure, you guys will catch up sooner than you think.
17: Apasher :dedede: good job beating me9595, don't just give up vs LOE1 next time.
17: Ron :falco: :rob: You were ****** in doubs, good stuff.
25: CS2Magus :falco: Nice meeting you! Hope to see you around more!
25: Mr. Free (Mr~C) :pit: / :snake: /:wario: Freeeee, good seeing you man. :reverse:
25: Red :sheik: Didn't get to play this time, hope you had fun. Might see you this weekend.
25: Gio :yeahboi: :denzel: :pimp:
25: Gifts :snake: Glad you could make it for singles! Get second seed next time!
25: Jawsome :olimar: / :pikachu2: Sorry you had to play amity so early. That should have been fixed. You're a better driver than most in this state. lol, see you this weekend maybe!
25: me9595 :luigi2: didn't meet you, but I heard rumors of you getting gayed. D3 is dumb. lol
25: Stewylan :warioc: Goood job making bracket!
Ham: :falco: Good to meet an MI vet. Sucks you had to go early. =/
Legit: :olimar: Fun friendlies! I'll get you that ICs practice next time.
Ksev :snake: I thought you had that set vs ryuts. Make sure to work on staying calm under pressure.
Sophy: :marth: / :fox: Thanks for coming out man! :bee:

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I'm currently uploading:

Coco/Tech vs Zinoto/Roller - WF
Zinoto/Roller vs Xatic/Mikey - LF
Quad MKs
Quad ICs

Tonight I will be done with the highlight of Doubles and I'm going to skip over the pools recording for now since (I believe) the singles bracket matches are more important to capture then pools. If I have time, I will get pools, but first will be singles. Expect all the videos above to be fully upload in around 90-120 minutes from this post being posted. Doubles GFs/beginning of singles should start Thursday night!

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Alrighty, I added 2 rounds of Doubles (Winner's and Loser's Finals)
Added Lordy's videos.
Added Quad MK and Ocho ICs videos
:]

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
@Roller I felt that it would be a waste of time playing someone who I play all the time and knows every single bad habit of mine this early in the bracket.

I mean, I'm fine with it if it was later in the bracket or the turnout was smaller, but me playing LOE1 in 2nd round losers in a 32 MAN BRACKET is just dumb and a waste of my time.

:phone:

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
@Roller I felt that it would be a waste of time playing someone who I play all the time and knows every single bad habit of mine this early in the bracket.

I mean, I'm fine with it if it was later in the bracket or the turnout was smaller, but me playing LOE1 in 2nd round losers in a 32 MAN BRACKET is just dumb and a waste of my time.

Blame loe1 for beating sauceboss then.

Roller

Smash Legend

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
You don't need to post them. People like me and lordhelmet are recording and uploading saved replays on youtube.

Top Bottom