• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Phoenix Saga Pt.2 - 2/11/12 - Ann Arbor, MI *MK Banned* - Everything You Want

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Video Thread Post Thing:

Playlist: (Will contain all videos together.)
Phoenix Saga 2 Playlist

PS2 Doubles:

Mikey/Xatic vs Red/Jawsome - Loser's Round 2
Lordy/DL vs Zinoto/Roller - Winner's Round 2 (From Lordy)
Coco/Tech vs WTP/Tutu - Winner's Round 2
Zyth/Ron vs WTP/Tutu - Loser's Round 3
Xatic/Mikey vs Zinoto/Roller - Loser's Finals
Coco/Tech vs Zinoto/Roller - Winner's Finals
Tech/Coco vs Xatic/Mikey - Grand Finals (Set 1)
Tech/Coco vs Xatic/Mikey - Grand Finals (Set 2)

PS2 Singles Pools (only one was recorded):

-Will be updated soon-

PS2 Singles Bracket:

Lordy vs ThuGz - Round 1
Red vs Zinoto - Round 1
Ori vs Gio - Round 1
Roller vs Xatic - Round 1
Lordy vs Zinoto - Winner's Round 1 (From Lordy)
Tech vs Rage - Winner's Round 2
Tutu vs Zinoto - Winner's Round 2
Topix vs Sauceboss - Loser's Round 2
Lordy vs DL - Loser's Round 3 (From Lordy)
Mikey vs Tutu - Winner's Semis
Roller vs Rage - Winner's Semis
Mikey vs Rage - Winner's Finals

Misc. Matches: (Noteworthy/Hype Matches)

Clearly MK is banned, that's why he isn't played at all!
Ocho Climbers!
Ganon's sexy and he knows it.

The way I have to record them is a bit unorthodox, so if the quality seems off, sorry, but Twitch is being a ho and won't cooperate :I And if there are small bits of the video are off (either graphical, audio-wise, etc.) sorry again, but I have until Saturday to get these done between Twitch archives only last a week :x

/mini-rant type thing.

Next stream, however, I will be more strict on who can go back there and whatnot -.o A lot actually didn't get done properly/how I envisioned/wanted because people really wouldn't let me by my own stream >_> I was suppose to record these matches at the same time as them being streamed (so I would have a direct file for upload so I wouldn't have to do this.) It doesn't bother me to have to go in, highlight them, and then re-record them, I'm just lazy. I know sometimes I was in a tourney match (and typically Ori or Xatic handled the stream, that was legit) or friendlies, but when I wanted back there, no one would either get up or just was kinda like "Lol it's WuvS, who cares." I also wanted more screen transitions because I think that it's I know people like to see reactions during matches. Also, I'm not sure if the titles got done properly or not (or fast enough) because I wasn't back there too too much :x So far, from the videos I've captured, they are either wrong or horribly late. Next tourney, I would like to set it up so the laptop is has it's own space to work and hopefully have some headsets for the commentators to have their own space.

Sorry for going all RAWRAWRAWRAWRAWR, I just really want to have a good, maintained stream for Michigan because we need one and deserve one. :x

Video Thread Post Thing:

PS2 Doubles:

Mikey/Xatic vs Red/Jawsome
I have 3 videos recorded, I'll upload them tonight.

PS2 Singles Pools (only one was recorded):

-Will be updated soon-

PS2 Singles Bracket:

-Will be updated soon-

The way I have to record them is a bit unorthodox, so if the quality seems off, sorry, but Twitch is being a ho and won't cooperate :I And if there are small bits of the video are off (either graphical, audio-wise, etc.) sorry again, but I have until Saturday to get these done between Twitch archives only last a week :x
Really appreciate all the work you're putting in dude. Don't sweat the quality u just gotta work with what u got

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Do you think it would be better to have the match be recorded on like pinaccle and have xsplit stream from the pinaccle instead? Then you have less trouble cutting it and it would be better quality for the uploads?

Or would that make the delay on stream too big?

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Well, when I record the matches from XSplit straight to my HDD, the files are INCREDIBLY small (like, they hardly EVER break 100MBs,) so I can easily upload 10 videos (max number of uploads Youtube allows at once) in like 30 minutes, if that. That's why I prefer it through XSplit. I just need to be back there so I can edit titles, transition properly, and record what needs to be.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
/mini-rant type thing.

Next stream, however, I will be more strict on who can go back there and whatnot -.o A lot actually didn't get done properly/how I envisioned/wanted because people really wouldn't let me by my own stream >_> I was suppose to record these matches at the same time as them being streamed (so I would have a direct file for upload so I wouldn't have to do this.) It doesn't bother me to have to go in, highlight them, and then re-record them, I'm just lazy. I know sometimes I was in a tourney match (and typically Ori or Xatic handled the stream, that was legit) or friendlies, but when I wanted back there, no one would either get up or just was kinda like "Lol it's WuvS, who cares." I also wanted more screen transitions because I think that it's I know people like to see reactions during matches. Also, I'm not sure if the titles got done properly or not (or fast enough) because I wasn't back there too too much :x So far, from the videos I've captured, they are either wrong or horribly late. Next tourney, I would like to set it up so the laptop is has it's own space to work and hopefully have some headsets for the commentators to have their own space.

Sorry for going all RAWRAWRAWRAWRAWR, I just really want to have a good, maintained stream for Michigan because we need one and deserve one. :x
I can agree, Tech clearly stated who he wanted back there and people just went on and joked around.
The only people who were supposed to be back there were Roller, Wuvs, Gio, and myself. I didn't have a problem with PzO because he was doing decent commentary instead of his usual troll antics. I believe there needs to be a fenced off area next time. The setup we had was great but it needs to be better.

Xatic

Smash Lord
I can agree, Tech clearly stated who he wanted back there and people just went on and joked around.
The only people who were supposed to be back there were Roller, Wuvs, Gio, and myself. I didn't have a problem with PzO because he was doing decent commentary instead of his usual troll antics. I believe there needs to be a fenced off area next time. The setup we had was great but it needs to be better.
I was also on that list. lol

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
I wont lie i did help with commentary one round when it was zinoto vs roller. However adrian was the only one commentating at that point so i figured id help out. Roller got done with his match and i gladly gave him his spot as a commentator when he asked. You could go back and watch the stream replay, no trolling what so ever.

Dunno if any comments where directed at me but i just felt like i needed to post my defense as to why i was back there at one point.

:phone:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I had no problems with anyone on Derek's staff list being back there, but when random attendees would be back there is when I was getting a bit upset.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Yeah, Derek and I were already talking about stricter rules for BOTH TO Station and Streaming Set-up. It'll happen at PS3 don't worry <3
Nice, we don't need 5-6 people to make bracket. Each time a large amount of people work on bracket **** gets ****ed up fast. like me vs RQ round 2 lol

The stream should be left to me and dakota imo

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I had like zero time to watch the stream so I was hoping someone else would step up in that department.

The TO station...I was getting annoyed. Actually. I was mad. But I felt like I was going to go off on several people but I held back because I didn't want to say anything out of anger. So I dealt with it until I had 6 people talking to me at once.

Xatic

Smash Lord
I had like zero time to watch the stream so I was hoping someone else would step up in that department.

The TO station...I was getting annoyed. Actually. I was mad. But I felt like I was going to go off on several people but I held back because I didn't want to say anything out of anger. So I dealt with it until I had 6 people talking to me at once.
This ALLLL day.

Roller

Smash Legend
Tech, perhaps it would be a good idea to bring tape or rope or something and seal off the TO and commentary areas so extra people don't just walk in there. idk how feasible that would be, but something along those lines.

Just an idea. Shoutouts tonight.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Personaly I believe Roller and PzO had the best commentary
PzO and Roller made a really good commentary team. First time I met PzO, but he seemed to have a knack for it. Roller's really knowledgeable about match ups and the different players, so they complemented each other really well.

I agree, I was mad Roller and I never commentated together. It would have been fun. I was very impressed with PzO.
I was looking forward to your commentary. You probably did it once, next Phoenix Saga, it should be maybe 4 or 5 designated commentators (that way you can switch in pairs when you get hungry/tired). Like you, PzO, Roller, and Wuvs (Tech's usually busy with other stuff, but he'd probably do a pretty good job too).

For a minute I thought that was how the bracket seeding was done lol, first time seeing it done. I agree with Roller, just have like you, him, and maybe one other person do bracket and that's it. I did learn how to do it though by watching you guys ^_^, it's an interesting process.

LOE1

Smash Lord
apash went back there and put in results that he beat someone...
GIVE HIM A RED CARD!
also LOE1 for best commentator

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
None of your rules about the stream were right

You had friendlies on for a bit
You had nothing on for a bit
Several people were on

I didnt see too much of a problem with it BUT if your a commentator you have to know how to work the stream I was constantly telling people to update it and people just didnt know how or when they would switch screens they didnt notice the names dont go with it.

and the Laptop needed to be further away I said it like 10 times but it doesnt look good when you have 1.5 people on stream comentating because the camera only picks up half of someones face

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
For a minute I thought that was how the bracket seeding was done lol, first time seeing it done. I agree with Roller, just have like you, him, and maybe one other person do bracket and that's it. I did learn how to do it though by watching you guys ^_^, it's an interesting process.
Oh God no, you should have 4 max. Tech, Roller, and Xatic should have been it. With me there just in case since I was scheduled for seeding duty.

But when I saw Tech, Roller, Xatic, Gifts, WTP, Tutu I was like nahhhhhhhh

None of your rules about the stream were right

You had friendlies on for a bit
You had nothing on for a bit
Several people were on
- Friendlies outside of down time were ok, we actually turned the tv off on some people iirc.
- idk why when there was down time on stream people didnt get at least a money match on there. I saw a bunch happen but those behind the tv never gave any hints to get people on stream.
- yes, thats my biggest gripe. Xatic, Roller, Gio, Wuvs, and myself were to be the only ones behind the mic. Nothing against Hot_ArmS, PzO, TOPIX, JTSM and others who were there.

I didnt see too much of a problem with it BUT if your a commentator you have to know how to work the stream I was constantly telling people to update it and people just didnt know how or when they would switch screens they didnt notice the names dont go with it.
I noticed that as well, whenever I was behind the laptop I would on top of it. Other than that some people didn't really bother to do the simple edits.

and the Laptop needed to be further away I said it like 10 times but ti doesnt look good when you have 1.5 people on stream comentating because the camera only picks up half of someones face
Yes there was like no room for the commentators at the table we had like 2 inches for moving seats back to get up lol. Also the stand the tv was on was actually difficult to move forward so we gave up after moving it like 3 feet forward.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I was also on that list. lol
How could you forgot Old-Man Xatic: The Law-Breaker?

I wont lie i did help with commentary one round when it was zinoto vs roller. However adrian was the only one commentating at that point so i figured id help out. Roller got done with his match and i gladly gave him his spot as a commentator when he asked. You could go back and watch the stream replay, no trolling what so ever.

Dunno if any comments where directed at me but i just felt like i needed to post my defense as to why i was back there at one point.

:phone:
As for my comments, none were directed towards you. To be honest, I never knew you were back there to commentate lol. More then likely, however, you probably did a job with FreezO so at least you helped :3

Nice, we don't need 5-6 people to make bracket. Each time a large amount of people work on bracket **** gets ****ed up fast. like me vs RQ round 2 lol

The stream should be left to me and dakota imo
Xatic can handle it too. It needs to be a rotation of us three, so hopefully there is always one streamer that can edit.
Also, yes, please, next time, have bracket us sooner Dx 30ish minutes for that was so depressing. We lost like half the viewers during that intermission because it was such a big gap. At BAMF we had like 4 at most, it seems like Tech, Ori, Roller, WTP, and Gifts/Xatic could figure out proper seeding :x

(FYI, I told Zinoto that should have just deleted that bracket and do it himself. It would have gotten done ;o He could have handled it. Lol.)

Personaly I believe Roller and PzO had the best commentary
^

Xatic

Smash Lord
Yeahhhh, All I gotta say is be ready for us to be douchebags about TO/Streaming stations for PS3. Sorry guys it was just wayyyy too crowded when it didn't need to be. Nothing against anyone. From what I hear PzO and the others actually did a good job commentating but we obviously need to get people off our ****s up there and go do something else while we're trying to do things. It seems like the more there are people up there trying to do things, the harder it becomes to get **** done.

Xatic can handle it too. It needs to be a rotation of us three, so hopefully there is always one streamer that can edit.
Also, yes, please, next time, have bracket us sooner Dx 30ish minutes for that was so depressing. We lost like half the viewers during that intermission because it was such a big gap. At BAMF we had like 4 at most, it seems like Tech, Ori, Roller, WTP, and Gifts/Xatic could figure out proper seeding :x

^
This is what I was trying to point out. We could've figured out the seeding fine between the 3-4 of us (Me, Tech, Gifts, Roller *Ori if needed*) It was really annoying having 10+ people coming up and trying to seed the bracket to their liking. No reason people should be up there. Leave us alone, let us get our **** done and go play some friendlies or something lol

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
Oh God no, you should have 4 max. Tech, Roller, and Xatic should have been it. With me there just in case since I was scheduled for seeding duty.

But when I saw Tech, Roller, Xatic, Gifts, WTP, Tutu I was like nahhhhhhhh
I saw like Roller, Tech, Xatic, Gifts, WTP, all of MI, PA, VA, GA, and the whole East Coast trying to get that bracket done lol. I swear at one point there had to be at least 10+ people grouped around that little TO desk.

Xatic

Smash Lord
I know you were WTP, but there was also people up there that were not asked or told to be up there at all. Just curious and nosey people trying to see if they can get an easy bracket or not. THOSE are the people we need to go away. lol

JTsm

Smash Master
I just like looking, but not when the brackets were being made. The only time I was up there was when I wanted to look at the bracket, but that was it. lol.

Top Bottom