• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

Player-1

Smash Legend
it's a 10 frame window to buffer 3 inputs since that's brawl's buffer time, but each character has an interrupt window on their dash attacks which is why there are different timings for DACUS. I'm not 100% sure if the interrupt windows affect bdacus, but I'm pretty sure they do.

You'll have to experiment with the timing yourself since it's hard to explain but the input is (all buffered): dash> c stick up > c stick up. The first c stick up initiates the dash attack so you can do it at the same time as the dash if you want, the 2nd c stick up is the one that's important though and the one you have to time based on the first c stick up. I think the best use for it is retreating SH fair > bdacus. Since the retreating SH fair is like a poke it leads into a strong aggressive bdacus and throws people off sometimes. I time it the bdacus right as Diddy pulls his legs back in from his fair. I don't really use it out of anything else since it's not that great from other moves like spotdodges or dtilts. Another good use is to use it out of an air dodge or as you're coming back on stage with a fair/air dodge. The best way to practice it is to just make sure you can do buffered dashs first, then buffered dash attacks and then practice bdacus.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
ok ty =)

I can do bdacus with falco but I just can't with diddy for some wierd reason.
maybe I just sit back a few hours this weekend: P

Rift

Smash Rookie
With the BDACUS, I go the length of a normal dash attack while doing an usmash. I thought that was right but then I saw a video of a diddy flying across half of FD...what am I doing wrong?

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
All the timings for the BDACUS are the exact same, as they all cancel the Dash Attack into the Up Smash on the first possible frame (not sure if that means frame 1 or 2). BDACUSing is the exact same with every character.

tibs7

Smash Champion
yup its the same for all characters.
frame 1 dash
frame 2 dash attack
frame 3 upsmash

also i find diddy's attack being so linear :S

tibs7

Smash Champion
Diddy just needs bigger hit boxes.
His attacks in general are very straight.

:phone:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
his hitboxes aren't that small actualy

look at ftilt it does outrange marth's fair when you angle it up.

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
it's a 10 frame window to buffer 3 inputs since that's brawl's buffer time, but each character has an interrupt window on their dash attacks which is why there are different timings for DACUS. I'm not 100% sure if the interrupt windows affect bdacus, but I'm pretty sure they do.
The interrupt windows don't technically affect the bdacus, but itll give you the illusion that your doing bdacus when your not at times. This happens with a lot of falcos, they are actually just buffering the dash attack only, and not the usmash so they are in a way doing a normal dacus (or half a bdacus) , hence why bdacus is seemingly easier with falco. Though the length is a tad bit shorter if you don't do a true bdacus for falco.

Player-1

Smash Legend
that makes sense, I'm pretty sure I get those with diddys when i mess up to, It'll feel like a bdacus but i go the length of just a hyphen smash. I was referring to them as short bdacus's but I guess that would be wrong terminology :X

Player-1

Smash Legend
Guys I have figured out the secret to playing diddy kong. All you have to do us plank the ledge with dairs, it's better than mk's planking

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
P-1 I have a question
I try to get down the infinite and what I can do is the first throw from the air then the turnaround throw but after that I lose my infinite almost always because when I jump back up I always dair in stead of instantthrow down.
any advice?

tibs7

Smash Champion
Jebus to beat TL you need to just chip dmg him, predict his bombs,arrows and boomerang throw bananas and follow up with pressure on his face that he struggles with.

also just got news that an american player 'technical chase' is coming australia :) some of you should follow suit...

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Got my *** whooped today in meta knight country tournament. Ban the ***** for a month, ain't worried.
Comes back, I forget the MU.
I main MetaKnight now

Player-1

Smash Legend
Raghfghgaragfggarggf

I beat reflex in winner finals but lost 2 sets in gf against him. Beat kismet also. But it's cool cuz 2nd time ever beating reflex hype

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Throw bananas at him

If your move isn't thdrowing a nana at him while staying safe you aren't playing safe enough

But you can kill early if you set up right

This also means if you know the infinite you should be able to set up for that and use it well

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
Throw bananas at him

If your move isn't thdrowing a nana at him while staying safe you aren't playing safe enough

But you can kill early if you set up right

This also means if you know the infinite you should be able to set up for that and use it well
Maaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn naw dude naw I main MetaKnight now. Salty disqo says **** that shizzzzz

Player-1

Smash Legend
so ya my tournament recap. I beat kismet although first game he SDed at 0 and I gimped him at 30. I played reflex in a swiss style pool thing and I took game 1 cuz he SDed/got gimped at 0 first game. Not really sure which one. I air released him to diddy hump but I didn't footstool him, I'm not sure if that threw him off or something but he kind of just fell down to his death. Game 2 I got timed out. Game 3 was on halberd and we were both at kill percents but I had a 100% lead or so with 9 seconds left in the game. I was on the edge, and what I normally do if I'm on the edge near a time out I'll up-b back onto the legde once because it tricks the opponent into thinking that I'm going to keep doing it so after the first one I just do a get up attack or normal get up or something, well when I went to do that I misclicked and hit down instead of right to do a get up so I dropped down from the edge. I knew he was looking for a fart, but I panic up-bed instead because my instinct told me he was going to nair/fair to gimp me out of barrels and the fact that i messed up my input so he dropped down farted me when I should have just waited.

Then in WF I won 3-2 I was playing really well and getting some good reads going. I mixed up my playstyle a bit from the last time I played him which also helped me i think. Game 2 I CPed him to Halberd again and he switched to Link cuz his Link is pretty good and he hates halberd, especially with Wario cuz it's a bad stage for him in this MU, but I still 2 stocked him cuz link is a bad char. The rest of the set was with Wario, game 5 on RC and I timed him out.

GFs he beat me 3-1 then 3-0, I don't think I was playing as well in GFs or he might have figured me out a bit more. Probably a little bit of both. I SDed twice like below 20% in two different games because I went to do a b reverse with my peanut and pull bananas out, but I messed up and monkey kicked off stage instead =/.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I mean ya I have the infinite down, I didn't do it at all to reflex though because the 'grizzfinite' infinite (the standard one) doesn't work on wario, we have to do the footstool variation which I can't do, plus it's stage dependent since platforms mess it us.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I'll fix it when finals are over I promise, the next update will include the intros from the introduce yourself thread and a fun map that I want to make when I get time

Player-1

Smash Legend
he went Link in one game on Halberd since that's a bad stage for wario in this MU. His Link is really good, but another reason he probably went Link was cuz he hadn't used Link on me before and I was saying how'd I $50 MM it and stuff before the tournament so I guess he just wanted to try it out. The rest of the set was against his Wario.

The videos are up, but I was going to wait for all of our sets to get put up. Our pools set wasn't uploaded...well it kind of was. The WF videos has the pools matches as the first 2 games so I was just going to wait til that was fixed before I posted them

Top Bottom