• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OTL Brawl Ladder: Currently in play!

Ruinn

Smash Ace
In tournies etc, I go green dk cause that's my main colour. In frendlies or in matches that dont mean much ill just go neutral or whatever colour i feel lol

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
As unsettling absurd as that sounds, The color of a character can or does affect the behavior of an individual's playstyle but it's unnecessary to reveal a comment as condescending as if no one is ready for your green dk. Unless you have an unholy amount of skill with your green dk then you are losing purposely with extraordinary sandbagging strategizing. But what do i know. |l

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Character palettes do not play a massive role in your playstyle unless you want it to, which is inevitably your fault.:applejack:

I'm jussayintho.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Unless they alter the character in some major way as to make them that much different, they are still insignificant to someone who sees a character as itself, regardless of its color.:applejack:

Textures are raep, though.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
i do go to tournies, tacket.

@dtk - my intention wasnt to be my "green dk" was holy or whatever. it was simply saying if im green it means the match is important to me, if i dont go green i dont really care abuot the match

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Lost @ Tacket.

Ruinn, that's acceptable, just don't bring it up as if it's meant to be an excuse, is what I think DTK means. It holds no point besides saying, "X indicates me sandbagging, while Y would mean I am playing to my fullest." When you take into account that we're referring to something as petty as colors, you can understand why we think it's meaningless.:applejack:

Ruinn

Smash Ace
i love you too ugg

seriously guys, none of these were meant to be johns. if you read what i said, i didnt mention i play better when im a certain colour, which is what you're all taking it as. I said, I take the game seriously as green, whereas if it's a friendly ill go normal.

Tacket

The Innovator
The only reason I got last at the tourney I just went to was because I accidentally chose Pink Diddy.

The palette was just too gay for me to focus. If I had chose red, I would have won.

HAcoreRD

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
No it doesn't. You're saying you take a game less seriously if you play as a different color. Do you know what that implies, and probably means? That you're playing worse.

It's really that simple.

LOL @ Tacket. Gay Diddy lol.

\KILLER/

Ruinn

Smash Ace
when you dont take something seriously, are you inclined to play just as hard as if you take something seriously? not really. so yes, in a sense i guess im not trying as hard. however im not using that as an excuse as to why i lost. im not using any excuse. for the last time i said i only play serious if i go green. i still gave him my effort, just didnt take the battle as a whole very serious.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
What does one need to do to get in on this ladder? Just say they want to challenge someone?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
The only reason I got last at the tourney I just went to was because I accidentally chose Pink Diddy.

The palette was just too gay for me to focus. If I had chose red, I would have won.

HAcoreRD
Dead.:applejack:

seriously guys, none of these were meant to be johns. if you read what i said, i didnt mention i play better when im a certain colour, which is what you're all taking it as. I said, I take the game seriously as green, whereas if it's a friendly ill go normal.
You're saying "I don't play seriously unless X conditions are met. If X conditions are not met, I play as if they were friendlies." You're intentionally not playing to your capacity, which is sandbagging. Whether or not you were using it as an excuse is irrelevant. You still took it upon yourself to claim that your characters color was the reason you didn't play to your capability, and you're the only one in control of that unless you picked random, which may or may not be the case.:applejack:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Duuude much younger people have gone to tournaments. Have you seen MVC3? Ever since the whole Noah thing, theres been like 10 years olds showing up and blowing up people. As far as brawl goes I think the youngest good player is gluttony. He was like 14 when he first started.

Reserving a color for when you play seriously is merely a confidence trick. Some people convince themselves that if they choose a certain color they'll play better. It builds an extra bid of confidence if you convince yourself your holding back. Like you're going super saiyan or something~ =w=

Tacket

The Innovator
Why would anyone want to sandbag? It's like being a masochist.
Losing is not fun, why would you want to do it on purpose?
Only people who should be sandbagging are Lucario mains.

HAcoreRD

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So I suppose sandbagging has two perceived definitions:

-Deliberately not playing to your capabilities
-Intentionally putting yourself at a (massive) deficit

I don't know which one satisfies Ruinn's idea.:applejack:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I think he means if nothing bigs on the line, theres no real motivation to play at your best, ya know? :>

I know I play waaaay better when moneys on the line.
Greed is power~!!

Top Bottom