• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "other" Way to Slide with a DR

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
i was thinking about the DR a few weeks ago and came to this conclusion:

the end of a DR is the same animation like landing after a jump
ok, that´s clear
my next thought had been, that it must be able to perform a crouch slide after a DR, and yes it works
well, i´m sure that the most of you knew that allready

but then, i wanted to perform a slide with it, without doing the DR after a dash
but the problem: no speed -> no crouch slide
so i came to the weird idea, that it could work with just pressing forward after making a DR and instantly performing a half circle with the control stick to make that crouch slide
and, voilla, it works!!

so, the result: a backwards slide without changing the direction!
here´s the video to see what it looks like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go-_p4XEAIE

well, discuss^^

Chaco

Never Logs In
I talked to Scaty about this months ago. I was using it to DT backwards some.

I just kinda kept it between us I guess, lol.

Chaco

Never Logs In
It's like a lesser and harder WD. It's got apps for spacing close range, but still, it depends on if you actually wanna learn it or not. You'll find apps if you use the techs. <.<

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
^
So thats a no =/
you have to try it before saying that it´s useless
i´d use it in most of my fights and it´s getting more and more important for me, because it´s great to space, even while you´r dashing

Chaco

Never Logs In
I have to agree. You have to see if a tech works for you, not how it works for everyone else. It's all about personal preference.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I thought about this tech one more time and I came to the conclusion that its only like a weaker DR because out of the back dash you can do everything you can do out of a DR except of Jab and Neutral B. (Thats little turnarround does not take so much effort after DR) but a Mix Up of all those DR Application looks nice lol

Top Bottom