• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Altern

Smash Cadet
Wow.... Reading a bit of the stuff on this thread has made me smile. I read the bit asking why we loved Dixie and I was compelled to respond.... Though after reading everyone's responses I had nothing more to say that was not repeating. I love having a thread with people just as passionate about such a cool and unique character like Dixie as I am.

-Joannett88-

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys! First of all, I want to say I've been following this thread for a few months since I am also a huge Dixie fan, but didn't commented anything yet. I am from Spain, and managed to get to top4 in Brawl mainly using Diddy. Nice to meet you all although it is kind of the end of the speculation due to the game being released in japan in a week!

Since no one commented about it, I recently saw a today's Japan demo thing Reddit AMA answer saying Diddy had his Dixie alt again... How should we consider this? May this deconfirm Dixie? God, i really hope not.

Here is the answer i'm talking about:
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c...ack_from_smash_4_demo_ill_answer_what/ckar2t8

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Hey guys! First of all, I want to say I've been following this thread for a few months since I am also a huge Dixie fan, but didn't commented anything yet. I am from Spain, and managed to get to top4 in Brawl mainly using Diddy. Nice to meet you all although it is kind of the end of the speculation due to the game being released in japan in a week!

Since no one commented about it, I recently saw a today's Japan demo thing Reddit AMA answer saying Diddy had his Dixie alt again... How should we consider this? May this deconfirm Dixie? God, i really hope not.

Here is the answer i'm talking about:
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/c...ack_from_smash_4_demo_ill_answer_what/ckar2t8
He's just wearing a pink shirt, it's fine. Mario wore Warios colors in Brawl, did that effect Warios inclusion?

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, as long as Dixie isn't confirmed as an actual alt costume for Diddy, we're still in the clear. Diddy can wear as much pink as he wants to and it wouldn't affect Dixie's chances imo. Maybe Dixie will have a Diddy-themed pallet swap to compliment it.

-Joannett88-

Smash Apprentice
Yes, a pink alt does not merely mean anything, but imagine he didn't have this alt at all. Imo this would have increased his chances a bit. Also, i'm afraid this alt is similar to what happened to wolf: now a fox alt.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
And Alph is an Olimar alt, except in that case, it's a full model and name change. Wouldn't Wolf and Dixie get the same treatment if that were the purpose of these alts? Recolors that just mildly resemble another character mean even less now than they did in past games.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Diddy still has Dixie colors as one of his alts. GG, guys :(

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
*insert Mario having Wario's colors even in Brawl counterpoint here*

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I won't take this as a deconfirmation just yet. However, I took another look at the leaked roster, and I think the only way Dixie's getting added is if she ends up in the clone section. The roster is ordered in a very specific way, and it is very hard to add characters around that.

While I haven't given up completely, I'm preparing for the leaked roster to be the final one.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I honestly don't think it means anything. And even if it did, it doesn't change the fact that K. Rool is on thin ice right now.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
*insert Mario having Wario's colors even in Brawl counterpoint here*
This. Plus Dixie's hair (y'know, her enormous, iconic, very obvious ponytail) is that color, not her fur, which is brown.

It definitely isn't anything to celebrate, but I don't see Sakurai taking out that outfit to avoid confusion like Pit losing his Dark Pit outfit. They look completely different, Diddy and Dixie.

No need to worry until the fat lady's sung. A costume that already existed in the previous game isn't "damning" unless Diddy was wearing her clothes.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
This. Plus Dixie's hair (y'know, her enormous, iconic, very obvious ponytail) is that color, not her fur, which is brown.

It definitely isn't anything to celebrate, but I don't see Sakurai taking out that outfit to avoid confusion like Pit losing his Dark Pit outfit. They look completely different, Diddy and Dixie.

No need to worry until the fat lady's sung. A costume that already existed in the previous game isn't "damning" unless Diddy was wearing her clothes.
Thank you. We're not out of the running yet.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Dixie is still alive guys. I'm not worried about her chances just because Diddy has her colors as a palette swap.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Dixie is still alive guys. I'm not worried about her chances just because Diddy has her colors as a palette swap.
A color swap he literally already had, and I didn't expect to go anywhere, to boot. Everyone's getting all riled up just because a previous game's outfit was together with a bunch of fancy new ones.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
No matter what ultimately happens to Dixie, I'm in this until the end. Until we see undeniable proof of Dixie's absence the final roster, or Sakurai flat-out disconfirming her this week, I'm still pulling for her. I will go down with this ship.

Zynux

Smash Lord
That's it? I thought it was an actual deconfirmation.

C'mon guys, that means nothing. Dixie's still in there. :)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Well, I admire who still believes she is in after that picture. In my opinion, she is disconfirmed, but as a supporter, I would love to be proven wrong.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Diddy dons a pink shirt and everyone thinks it's the end for Dixie? Have some faith, people. It means nothing for Dixie's chances.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Diddy dons a pink shirt and everyone thinks it's the end for Dixie? Have some faith, people. It means nothing for Dixie's chances.
Actually, it kinda does. Pit DOESN'T have a "dark Pit" design, and the actual Dark Pit, though based on that recolor, does look a lot different. This could be a hint against Dixie, but it definitely doesn't outright confirm her. However, to say it "does nothing" for Dixie's chances is completely and totally wrong. Of COURSE it affects Dixie's chances.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Actually, it kinda does. Pit DOESN'T have a "dark Pit" design, and the actual Dark Pit, though based on that recolor, does look a lot different. This could be a hint against Dixie, but it definitely doesn't outright confirm her. However, to say it "does nothing" for Dixie's chances is completely and totally wrong. Of COURSE it affects Dixie's chances.
I honestly don't understand this logic at all. Pink Diddy is not something I was hoping to see on the roster, Dixie is, thus your Dark Pit comparison is meaningless. And what about Mario in yellow? And Alph?

This says absolutely nothing. Maybe she's in, maybe she's not, but this doesn't point either way. All this is is Diddy with a pink shirt.

Zynux

Smash Lord
?

It's just Diddy's shirt, coated pink. It's not even remotely designed similar to Dixie's; it barely resembles her beyond that. Dixie's shirt doesn't have the stars; nor is Dixie's shirt a t-shirt at all. Not only is it not an alt. costume, but it's barely in the ranks of Mario's Wario colors of resemblance.

Anyone who knows me is aware that I'm obviously part of the Gangplank Galleon (K. Rool), so I admittedly don't think much about Dixie's chances (even though she's my favorite Kong) but I fail to see how this means anything, honestly.

She may be in, she may be out. Whatever her role will be in this game, Diddy having a pink shirt doesn't point to either. In my opinion, you guys are really reaching over nothing.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Diddy still has Dixie colors as one of his alts. GG, guys :(
Dixie's not really too high on my support list, but even that doesn't phase her chances to me. Pit has a very Dark Pit-esque palette, but we know who's apart of that leaked roster. Now, had that Diddy alt been wearing arm- and knee-pads or something, I could see cause for concern. But as is, it's a previously established alt color they're bringing back.

Sakurai is the master of rusing. Never forget.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So now having a palette that has colours based on other characters deconfirms those characters?

OK Wario and Meta Knight, gg, I guess you aren't playable either.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
She was planned for Brawl when K Rool was part of the series.
As a Nana for Diddy, straight from Sakurai's mouth.

He hasn't returned.
Since 2008. He continued making appearances with leading roles into 2007.

Tropical Freeze is Dixie's first role that does not fall under spin off, cameo, or remake in 18 years.

K. Rool's problem was never relevance, as he is infinitely more relevant to the franchise as a whole than Dixie. His problem is recency, as SSB4 seems to be determined to advertise things. Regardless, the Dixie fanbase has successfully marketed her as "relevant" for showing up in such essential games as Mario Hoops, and equating Dixie's background cameos in the peg swinging DS games to K. Rool's main villian status.

They are hyping up Dixie and Cranky, I see them in ads everywhere, they are marketing these 2 and the Snowmads.
No Snowmads in the game, Sakurai ignored Tropical Freeze.

She could easily be just as unique as him, neither of them have an established gimmick that would be obviously implemented. Both just have unique moves, like Wii Fit Trainer.
She could be given a unique set (As can Wii Fit Trainer) but arguing potential with K. Rool is laughable.

MasterWarlord said:
List of K. Rool's abilities/powers

Originating in DKC1
Super strength
Supernatural jumping
Brief bursts of speed
Crown toss
Cannonball rain (No reason this has to be relegated to Final Smash)
Playing dead
Minions (Probably Kritter, Klump, Krusha, or Klap Trap, though I've done a moveset with Klobber/Knocka)
Beastial crocodile attacks (Gives mouth and tail as extra attacking limbs)

Originating in DKC2
Blunderbuss physical attacks
Blunderbuss cannonballs
Blunderbuss spiked cannonballs
Blunderbuss barrels
Blunderbuss freezing stun cloud
Blunderbuss control reversal cloud
Blunderbuss slowing cloud
Blunderbuss suction, moving around other projectiles
Blunderbuss bouncing the projectiles off the ground
Blunderbuss fire
Blunderbuss propelling him with fire
Opens door for general pirate flavoring
Invisibility
Alt #1

Originating in DKC3
The propeller pack everybody suggests for recovery
Electric barrier/projectile
KAOS summon (Obviously not in main set, but good Final Smash fodder)
Opens door for general mad scientist flavoring
Alt #2

Originating in DK64
Opens door for general boxer flavoring
Boxing glove boomerang
Buttocks shockwaves
Charge, comparable to DKC1
Invisibility (Without the blunderbuss)
Blast-o-matic (Another popular choice for Final Smash, K. Rool has many)
Alt #3

Originating in Lands
Belly flop (Land 1)
Bombs (Land 3)

Originating in crappy Paon/spin off games
Giant form (This and below are usually negatives for how "generic" he is, though he only has them once obtaining a "god" power up)
Fire breath
That flying machine that resembles Robotnik's Eggpod
Flying barrel vehicle (This or above are possible alternate recoveries)
Alt #4 (Pharaoh)
Alt #5 (Pilot)

List of Dixie's abilities/powers

Actual Unique Abilities

Hair as a third arm with extra strength
Hair helicopter hover/flight
Some agility
Bubblegum Gun (Tropical Freeze, ignored)
Idle animation bubblegum blowing
Win animation guitar
General chimp flavoring

Shared abilities with other Kongs people propose because Dixie has no potential
All of Tiny Kong's unique abilities
Animal Buddies
Kiddy Kong/Diddy Kong
Barrel Blast drum jetpacks (K. Rool at least has a unique ship)
Other generic DK series props
Her popularity is actually increasing, whereas his is just staying the same.
When he was more popular than her around Brawl, she was considered.
Her popularity is starting to almost match his, it's certainly getting there. I have no doubts that on other sites her popularity already surpasses his.
Her popularity increased because of her likelihood increased because of Tropical Freeze, along with leaks suggesting her. People like absolutely any newcomer that becomes more likely/is confirmed. Here is a demonstration of this fanboyish mentality with before and after proof for Dark Pit and Mii.

Showing up on predicted lists is not popularity, it means she's expected. Dixie does have actual fans, yes, but they pale in comparison to K. Rool's in all forms of polls, both official and unofficial.

I could get countless sources, but it's not like you bothered to get one for your claim.

Your move.
It's a very mean spirited post for a support thread, but the post did invite a reply.

This is a very old post, but I wanted to reply to a generic post that argued for why Dixie would "deserve" it over K. Rool in the face of Ridley, Mewtwo, Dixie, and Chorus Men getting 95% confirmed as the final characters. The snark in this post made it feel like a good candidate.

Yes, your character made it, based off recent leaks. Not for any legitimate reasoning, though, but because of one man's whims. Your character made it because of Sakurai's biases, the same biases that got in Dark Pit and made Sakurai add Greninja when he was unnamed and in the concept art phase.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Well, I admire who still believes she is in after that picture. In my opinion, she is disconfirmed, but as a supporter, I would love to be proven wrong.
Reila, I love you, my friend.

But Wario is confirmed. Mario has Wario colors.

Kirby is confirmed. He has recolors that make him look like unmasked Meta Knight.

There's similar Dark Pit colorings for Pit. Both are playable.

Diddy having something similar to Dixie literally means nothing for her chances.

If she isn't in, it won't be because of that recoloring, but rather Sakurai just didn't add her.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
What the hell did we do now? xDDD
The constant bashing of another popular character for absolutely no reason. The manipulation of facts to make the character seem worthless and their character seem superior.

I honestly question if anyone who bashes Dixie would even really want K. Rool. They clearly wouldn't be a DK fan if they are so against the addition of a popular/unique character from the series.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how to feel. On one hand, I'm glad Dixie is finally out of K Rool's way, but on the other hand, I'm sad she's not in. The DK franchise deserved both tbh, specially seeing that Dark Pit got in :/

Last edited:

Kickback

Smash Cadet
The constant bashing of another popular character for absolutely no reason. The manipulation of facts to make the character seem worthless and their character seem superior.

I honestly question if anyone who bashes Dixie would even really want K. Rool. They clearly wouldn't be a DK fan if they are so against the addition of a popular/unique character from the series.
Not like some Dixie suporters don't do the same to K.rool ,only I can distinguish between some suporters and all the suporters

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman

Oh this is so true. A lot of the time that person who claims they are a fan of a franchise when they are just a fan one one game from that franchise just like how people claim to be massive supporters of DK getting more representation when really they want a certain character from that franchise. I suppose I could fit into that category because I haven't played any of the classic DK games but I have really liked Retro's instalments.

People who like K Rool but hate Dixie probably only think that because they hate to see her get into the game over K Rool. I'm not going to say it's wrong to prefer one character over the other but you should respect other peoples opinions (you know who you you are). I'd be ecstatic if both got in but unfortunately that seems like a pipe dram now and Dixie seems to be the only logical choice right now for me.

Top Bottom