• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
Are there any specific songs that you guys would like to have in a hypothetical Dixie-related stage?

Personally, I'd love to have Forest Interlude, Rockface Rumble, and Grassland Groove playing on a Grassland Groove stage.

Just fighting on the swaying baobab trees and animal platforms while the sun slowly rises in the background would be perfect!

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
You speak truth, I think. I just worry too much haha. Sakurai is a reasonable guy. I mostly trust he'll make the right choices in regards to DLC. Especially that he's given reasoning for including and excluding certain characters...he's got a good head on his shoulders.

As for Dixie...can we all agree the Bubblegum Popgun would make a good Neutral Special? What about her FS? Are we thinking it should be just like Diddy's but with twin Bubblegum Popguns and Pink rocketbarrels?
I definitely agree with you about the Bubblegum Popgun. Ever since Tropical Freeze, I thought it would be perfect for her Neutral Special. As for her Final Smash: I don't have a clear idea. I was thinking that she could rock out on her guitar and attack people with shockwaves. Since she doesn't use Diddy's jetpack in any of the games she appears in, it seems a little weird to me for her to use it. But, then again, Wolf has the Landmaster in Brawl, so I can see Sakurai doing something like that. Personally, I don't really care if Dixie shares a couple of specials or even a Final Smash with Diddy; as long as she uses her ponytail for most of her moveset. It has the potential to be used for attacking, grabbing, and recovering in a unique way. Plus, it's kind of what defines her gameplay in the DK games. It would be a waste for her not to make use of it in Smash.

Are there any specific songs that you guys would like to have in a hypothetical Dixie-related stage?

Personally, I'd love to have Forest Interlude, Rockface Rumble, and Grassland Groove playing on a Grassland Groove stage.

Just fighting on the swaying baobab trees and animal platforms while the sun slowly rises in the background would be perfect!
I just want more DKC2 and TF OST representation in general. Mining Melancholy, Krook's March, Grassland Groove, Aqueduct Assault, Seashore War...So much missed potential. I think we need a new stage to incorporate TF's OST at the very least. Maybe a frozen DK Island? Gangplank Galleon could also work for the more epic tracks.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I definitely agree with you about the Bubblegum Popgun. Ever since Tropical Freeze, I thought it would be perfect for her Neutral Special. As for her Final Smash: I don't have a clear idea. I was thinking that she could rock out on her guitar and attack people with shockwaves. Since she doesn't use Diddy's jetpack in any of the games she appears in, it seems a little weird to me for her to use it. But, then again, Wolf has the Landmaster in Brawl, so I can see Sakurai doing something like that. Personally, I don't really care if Dixie shares a couple of specials or even a Final Smash with Diddy; as long as she uses her ponytail for most of her moveset. It has the potential to be used for attacking, grabbing, and recovering in a unique way. Plus, it's kind of what defines her gameplay in the DK games. It would be a waste for her not to make use of it in Smash.
Yeah she should definitely use her ponytail for her moves. She should have a real high double jump, and maybe be able to flap her hair to slow her fall, but only for a few seconds.

Also, she has a pair of pink Rocketbarrels in Barrel Blast, so those could be used in her Up Special or Final Smash.

I could see her sharing her Specials with Diddy, with the Bubblegum Popgun change and with pink-colored Rocketbarrels, but having an entirely different standard moveset and feel.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Yeah she should definitely use her ponytail for her moves. She should have a real high double jump, and maybe be able to flap her hair to slow her fall, but only for a few seconds.

Also, she has a pair of pink Rocketbarrels in Barrel Blast, so those could be used in her Up Special or Final Smash.

I could see her sharing her Specials with Diddy, with the Bubblegum Popgun change and with pink-colored Rocketbarrels, but having an entirely different standard moveset and feel.
Oh, yeah. I forgot that she had those in Barrel Blast. That could work, then. Ideally, I would want her to be as different from Diddy as possible so that people wouldn't have an excuse to scream "clone", but I would be satisfied with the moveset you described. That sounds about right to me.

EDIT: Though, I think she could have a unique Up-Special involving her spinning her ponytail instead of using the Rocketbarrels.

Last edited:

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
I just want more DKC2 and TF OST representation in general. Mining Melancholy, Krook's March, Grassland Groove, Aqueduct Assault, Seashore War...So much missed potential. I think we need a new stage to incorporate TF's OST at the very least. Maybe a frozen DK Island? Gangplank Galleon could also work for the more epic tracks.

I always thought it would be a cool idea to have a Gangplank Galleon stage that travels past other DKC locations like the Northern Kremisphere and maybe the ruins of Crocodile Isle. Maybe as you approach Donkey Kong Island, a snowstorm forms in the background. I feel like Aqueduct Assault and Homecoming Hijinks would fit amazingly well for that stage.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
EDIT: Though, I think she could have a unique Up-Special involving her spinning her ponytail instead of using the Rocketbarrels.
I was thinking that too, except for some reason I thought that would be more of a triple jump, but I guess not since it involves her hair. Okay then. Bubblegum Popgun for Neutral Special, Monkey Flip for Side, Helicopter Spin for Up, Banana Peel for Down, and Rocketbarrel Barrage with pink Rocketbarrels and dual-wielding Bubblegum Popguns then for her Final Smash (I really like her pink Rocketbarrels in case you haven't noticed haha).

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
It seems to me like when Dixie was rated last time, there was a lot of talk about her competing with K. Rool. I've seen some of that talk in the K. Rool thread too and I guess there's some truth to it. But I don't think there's much value in dissing K. Rool fans or trying to persuade them to support Dixie as their #1 "DK rep" instead (a lot of them seem to want both anyway). I feel like it will probably be more productive to do our best to make a strong case for Dixie in our votes in the smash ballot and try to encourage people to support Dixie on her own merits rather than as the better DK newcomer
Exactly! I have learned to stay far far away from gamefaqs. The threads over there are freaking redicouosly bad. "Attention DK fans you all should be Voting K Rool not Dixie" and vise versa with crap like "if you are voting K Rool you are wasting your vote".
And then when I find stuff like this (rep that would not be a clone) it just gets infuriating...
(Note... this just happens to be a K Rool pic not pointing fingers i would feel the same amount of disappointment had it been another character saying something simular which I already gotten into it about with a person on DA trying to convince people to vote Waluigi over Dixie solely because "she would be a clone"

So yeah with alot of the unnecessary VS crap going on between Dixie/Rool and the negative vibes thrown on her from people in general (clone,not unique, etc) we figured it would be best to highlight the positives the character has to offer on her own. There is no "Better DK newcomer" and when people try to make arguments using that it just ends up becoming silly at that point. Also if people get upset about things that "other sides" say about *whatever character* dont do the same thing just keep throwing out positives to bury the negitives.

As for Dixie...can we all agree the Bubblegum Popgun would make a good Neutral Special? What about her FS? Are we thinking it should be just like Diddy's but with twin Bubblegum Popguns and Pink rocketbarrels?
This is how I imagined her move set would be. I tryed to stay as far away from Diddy's moves as possible. She has the potential to be a completely new and fresh fighter.
@ BirthNote BirthNote is working on some awesome moves as well!

Last edited:

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we haven't had any official DK news but we do have something that we didn't have last time. Our Campaign! The webpage is basically done. Except the "how to help page" I had it typed up then windows did a restart to update and the program I use to make the site does not auto save or do recovery files. Top grade rage quit situation there... I will eventually get back around to it.
I think the support site was a good idea and I can tell you put a ton of effort into it so far. It seems to me to make a strong case for Dixie in direct way that is super accessible for someone who doesn't know her all that well. Are you planning on updating the stuff under that last heading on the home page to reflect representation stats post Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu being added as DLC? I may not know as much about Dixie as most of the people in this thread and don't really have web design skills, but I'd be glad to do what I can to help proofread stuff or give whatever other feedback I can on the support site.

I'd like to see some more songs from Tropical Freeze; I really enjoyed that game's soundtrack. I think some chill/upbeat songs like Grassland Groove, Busted Bayou, or Secret Seclusion would be pretty cool. I wouldn't mind one of the boss themes either since they seem pretty popular. Honestly, I'd mostly just like to have more variety in DK songs, whether they be from TF or any of the earlier games.

Last edited:

Jetmann

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to commend whoever works on the Dixie4Smash site. It's extremely well done and informative.

Reds94

Smash Cadet
Personally if K.Rool and/or Dixie get in I want Gang Plank as a stage. It'd would be perfect. Pretty simple layout with simple cannon ball hazards. Not to mention the great music they could shove in there.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Personally if K.Rool and/or Dixie get in I want Gang Plank as a stage. It'd would be perfect. Pretty simple layout with simple cannon ball hazards. Not to mention the great music they could shove in there.
I want frozen DK Island from Tropical Freeze, it's honestly amazing that this game doesn't have any snow stages.

(R.I.P :popo:)

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Well, Sakurai has confirmed that there will be no more pre-ballot DLC. It is now officially do-or-die time for the fanbases behind potential fighters. Hopefully, our efforts and the efforts of our fellow supporters in Japan can make enough noise to get Dixie included in the roster. I don't think we can use the data collected by PushDustIn as a guide, because that was collected before the ballot was announced. I think that Banjo & Kazooie have seen a boost in support worldwide since the ballot opened because of the comments made by Phil Spencer. Also, many other characters who could have been considered impossible now have a chance, and if they have a strong enough fanbase, then they could be contenders.

However, Sakurai stated that there will be only "several more characters". We don't know how many that will be, but it could mean good things for Dixie if we are getting more than previously thought.

Last edited:

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
So in other words let me get this straight...
during the Mewtwo patch there were 5 additional "Mario" placeholders.
Along came...
Lucas
Roy
Ryu
and we know for fact that at least 2 remain will go to 2 ballot winners? So at this point we KNOW for fact there will be more than 1 ballot pick?

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Along came...
Lucas
Roy
Ryu
and we know for fact that at least 2 remain will go to 2 ballot winners? So at this point we KNOW for fact there will be more than 1 ballot pick?
Yes. That's pretty much what this means. We could get more, but we can only speculate on that. "Several more characters" is pretty vague, and from the context, Sakurai seems to be saying that there won't be too many more.

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
That same statement Sakurai has me worried, means that there will be too many Dixie has it so difficult with all the competition you have, including a character of the same series and Sakurai doubt be as generous to get down to Dixie and K.Rool ( two characters from the same series, I think not) and Dixie afraid you do with what they have done with other characters such as Inkling and leave as a simple costume for Mii, hopefully not end up as a simple dress and our effort is rewarded and Dixie is one of the escojidos characters, prefer it to be a unique character because it has much potential for movement with her ponytail and animal friend, but the desire even if it were a simple character clone, I just want to Dixie in Smash with any set movements Sakurai you want to give, I also fear that Sakurai is so vague as to put only two characters by voting (the 2 spaces found next to Roy and Ryu) if they are only 2, then if it is almost impossible to Dixie between :(

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
That same statement Sakurai has me worried, means that there will be too many Dixie has it so difficult with all the competition you have, including a character of the same series and Sakurai doubt be as generous to get down to Dixie and K.Rool ( two characters from the same series, I think not) and Dixie afraid you do with what they have done with other characters such as Inkling and leave as a simple costume for Mii, hopefully not end up as a simple dress and our effort is rewarded and Dixie is one of the escojidos characters, prefer it to be a unique character because it has much potential for movement with her ponytail and animal friend, but the desire even if it were a simple character clone, I just want to Dixie in Smash with any set movements Sakurai you want to give, I also fear that Sakurai is so vague as to put only two characters by voting (the 2 spaces found next to Roy and Ryu) if they are only 2, then if it is almost impossible to Dixie between :(
We'll have to wait and see, unfortunately. I'll admit that I've lost a little bit of hope because the rest of the DLC characters are going to be determined by popularity, but we won't know what Sakurai is thinking until we see the rest of the DLC. I personally doubt that he will make Dixie a costume for the Mii Fighters like he did with Zero and the Inklings, though.

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
Hopefully the fans of Dixie are not again disappointed that the October 3 is a joyous day for us, I can not be happy with the announcement of other characters to announce Dixie, she's really all you want and need in Smash Bros

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think it would be extremely sad if Dixie would not end up being playable. For some reason, I don't think King K.Rool alone would be enough to satisfy my "DK rep" needs...

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Along came...
Lucas
Roy
Ryu
I still think those 2 are pre-ballot, if not we have no other characters until past october all while a wave 3 of DLC will be released without any

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
Yes. That's pretty much what this means. We could get more, but we can only speculate on that. "Several more characters" is pretty vague, and from the context, Sakurai seems to be saying that there won't be too many more.
I think it would be extremely sad if Dixie would not end up being playable. For some reason, I don't think King K.Rool alone would be enough to satisfy my "DK rep" needs...
Okay well since we know for sure that there will be AT LEAST 2 ballot slots then may I suggest an alliance? Okay hear me out and people can get mad at me for what im about to say but at this point its whatever here goes nothing.

Okay so the main issue is that PARTS (NOT EVERYBODY) of the DK fandom are somewhat divided (in other places). But I see this as a GRAND opportunity to truly unite (i mean people who were afraid to vote both) both "sides" (everywhere) and boost both K Rool's and Dixie's votes tremendously. Okay before people get pitch forks and let the hounds out let me explain.

There is not so much of it going on here on smash boards (I find that smash boards is a pretty cival and mature place to chat) but if you go to say gamefaqs or 4chan or a stranger from the outside looking in its whole other story...

With threads like "vote k rool and not Dixie" "vote Dixie because there only be 1 DK rep"
or post with stuff like "only vote *whoever* because we run the risk of one knocking the other out of the ballot" "characters are competing for 1 spot and only X is worthy" even in character write up on tumbler and other gaming news sites its always "x stands in the way of y" its hard at least to me to dispute that people do think this way. (And if anyone wants links to these as proof that im not pulling this out of my behind or putting false things out there then ill be more than happy to link these when I can get back to a cpu)

There are lots of people including myself that want and voted for BOTH. So if we look at this for a second...

There are definitely people who
A) voted both because they wanted both but on the flip side
B) want both but only voted 1 because they want X before/more than Y due to thinking there would only be 1 ballot spot.

Now that we know that there are at least 2 spots this could be a chance for

A) people to swap votes (vote for thier #2) with confidence that they are not hurting their #1's chances.

B) Stop the petty "side" battles that I see all around the web *cringe* and encourage the voting of BOTH great characters.

At that point we wouldn't be "stealing" votes/spotlight from character X or Y at that point we would be multiplying votes which I could see putting both characters to the super untouchable top of the list to ensure that they both get in.

The main issue to some is that they seem to have gotten the impression that one stands in the way of the other which I seriuosly dont think is the case at this point.

Like I said im not pointing fingers or trying to be negative here im just saying there are more votes to be had for both characters and for the DK fandom as a whole now that we know there isent just 1 ballot spot. Areas of interest would be trying to convince places like gamefaqs or other boards that aren't as understanding as this one that it is definitely not a war between the 2 characters. One is Not a threat to the other and its very possible that both can get in.

But do y'all think this is a good idea that we should try to run with? I just want to see both characters in and I think we could really team up and help eachother out at this point. If there are more votes to be had for both characters then lets go get them.
#DK Double?
Are there any negatives to this or a way this could backfire? Thoughts. I would think this could/should be a sealed deal since there are at least 2 ballot spots if we all work together (not saying that everybody was working aginst each other) just saying that having more than one ballot pick really brings a new perspective to this whole thing.

PLEASE NOTE: These statements that I have posted here are observations I have put together from other sites if you want the links or articles that made come to such conclusions please feel more than happy to request them. I promise none of this was spite or ill will im just trying to help both characters.

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Despite what Sakurai recently said, despite what he always says I have a strong suspicion there are more characters coming that were decided pre-ballot and Dixie is one of them. It's just like Mewtwo is a "test" lol. With the way Nintendo has been working it was all too clear Sakurai was talking PR to make sure if they couldn't deliver the blow would be softened. Same with this "several more" we are hearing. I bet if we get Wolf and Dixie they will be announced as ballot winners but were ultimately planned a long time ago. Same goes for the Chorus Kids if they make it around.

K Rool will be the true ballot winner. I'm more or less expecting those 4 characters making it and maybe a 5th.

I mean the ballot does end in October, lets say it takes at least 6 months to "begin" and "finish"(lol) the ballot winners. That is still constant work on these games until Mid 2016. That is a heck of a lot of time. Since the Wii U released we've already gotten 4 great extra characters within 7 months. I think we are due for at least 4 more.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Despite what Sakurai recently said, despite what he always says I have a strong suspicion there are more characters coming that were decided pre-ballot and Dixie is one of them. It's just like Mewtwo is a "test" lol. With the way Nintendo has been working it was all too clear Sakurai was talking PR to make sure if they couldn't deliver the blow would be softened. Same with this "several more" we are hearing. I bet if we get Wolf and Dixie they will be announced as ballot winners but were ultimately planned a long time ago. Same goes for the Chorus Kids if they make it around.

K Rool will be the true ballot winner. I'm more or less expecting those 4 characters making it and maybe a 5th.

I mean the ballot does end in October, lets say it takes at least 6 months to "begin" and "finish"(lol) the ballot winners. That is still constant work on these games until Mid 2016. That is a heck of a lot of time. Since the Wii U released we've already gotten 4 great extra characters within 7 months. I think we are due for at least 4 more.
That makes a surprising amount of sense. They announce both in August and release one of them alongside tournament mode and the other 64 stages. Then release the other in October. They then take in the ballot votes and sakurai chooses the characters based on the most popular yet feasible picks. Considering mewtwo was a test which most likely sold well, they could up their manpower and release another character within the next few months (Most likely K Rool)

Last edited:

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
Hope I'm wrong but I think we will see only K.Rool, I doubt add 2 characters of the same series, there are so many other orders by many different sagas, Isaac, Wolf and etc. I think Sakurai be limited to a single character by putting saga, the most popular and let's face K.Rool is arguably the most popular and everywhere to talk about what they want to see in Smash, Dixie unfortunately is not too popular, people only mentioned to complain that if they would be too many monkeys, which if serious clone Diddy and all those stupid arguments, which need a lot of votes and support is Dixie, K.Rool is guaranteed that you will be in the game as the winner of the ballot, I personally am not a fan of K.Rool not be satisfied with, the only thing I want is to Dixie, I want a female representative kong DKC3 protagonist of my favorite DKC
PS: sorry for my bad English

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Hope I'm wrong but I think we will see only K.Rool, I doubt add 2 characters of the same series, there are so many other orders by many different sagas, Isaac, Wolf and etc. I think Sakurai be limited to a single character by putting saga, the most popular and let's face K.Rool is arguably the most popular and everywhere to talk about what they want to see in Smash, Dixie unfortunately is not too popular, people only mentioned to complain that if they would be too many monkeys, which if serious clone Diddy and all those stupid arguments, which need a lot of votes and support is Dixie, K.Rool is guaranteed that you will be in the game as the winner of the ballot, I personally am not a fan of K.Rool not be satisfied with, the only thing I want is to Dixie, I want a female representative kong DKC3 protagonist of my favorite DKC
I don't understand why we can't have 2 newcomers from the series, Mario got 2 and DK of all franchise is in dire need of it. Not to mention that DK is a pretty popular series in itself so I don't think it's at all out of the question

Last edited:

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Take everything we know about the roster into consideration. We got 3 Mario reps added into this game. 2 were brand new. We got 3 new Fire Emblem reps this game. 2 were brand new and 1 was an incredible remake. We got 3 Kid Icarus reps, 2 were brand new characters. Then not only did we get Mewtwo back, but Lucario stayed and Greninja joined in on the fun. There are no patterns and there are almost no "rules" any more. There is plenty of room for 2 more DK characters coming as DLC. K Rool is the most popular sure but that doesn't mean Dixie is unpopular. I mean Dixie only just came back in her most pure video game form but she has always been there on almost every video game cover and still has official toys made of her to this day.

One thing about Dixie though is that there has been this... assumption that she is going to get in regardless so many folks aren't as vocal about her. For Brawl we know Sakurai wanted Dr Mario, Roy, Mewtwo and Dixie(among other less popular characters) and look where we are now. Roy has his fans but think of the venom spewed about him before he was playable DLC? Now he is the second coming of Jesus Burgess and so not clone.

We can only guess how Dixie will turn out(I think she'd be more Donkey than Diddy personally) but just look how Jr, Roy or Rosalina turned out. Dixie's design is unique whether people want to see it or not. I mean people put her down for being another ape... like really? We've got 5 body types of the Mario fashion, then you've got plenty of the manly muscular Captian Flacon build and people are worried about a 2nd gorilla/3rd primate? But in actuality there is no body type like Dixie, for all intents and purposes she has a limb coming out of her head which is her defining trait in every game she's been in. People don't know nothing until Sakurai does it with more magic and imagination than any of us could have ever imagined.

Now I wait patiently for Klone K Rool. Who he would be a clone of you ask? King Dedede naturally, just think about it! ;)

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I agree with VeemonTamer about the confirmation of more than one ballot character being a good thing for DK fans. We now know that it is not impossible for both K. Rool and Dixie to make it. If they don't need to compete with each other to get into Smash then I don't think K. Rool and Dixie fans need to compete against each other either.

I don't know what the odds of having two ballot characters from the same franchise is, but it seems to me like DK has the best chance of getting two given the support that both K. Rool and Dixie have. Why not try to make that happen?

Last edited:

Reds94

Smash Cadet
Okay well since we know for sure that there will be AT LEAST 2 ballot slots then may I suggest an alliance? Okay hear me out and people can get mad at me for what im about to say but at this point its whatever here goes nothing.

Okay so the main issue is that PARTS (NOT EVERYBODY) of the DK fandom are somewhat divided (in other places). But I see this as a GRAND opportunity to truly unite (i mean people who were afraid to vote both) both "sides" (everywhere) and boost both K Rool's and Dixie's votes tremendously. Okay before people get pitch forks and let the hounds out let me explain.

There is not so much of it going on here on smash boards (I find that smash boards is a pretty cival and mature place to chat) but if you go to say gamefaqs or 4chan or a stranger from the outside looking in its whole other story...

With threads like "vote k rool and not Dixie" "vote Dixie because there only be 1 DK rep"
or post with stuff like "only vote *whoever* because we run the risk of one knocking the other out of the ballot" "characters are competing for 1 spot and only X is worthy" even in character write up on tumbler and other gaming news sites its always "x stands in the way of y" its hard at least to me to dispute that people do think this way. (And if anyone wants links to these as proof that im not pulling this out of my behind or putting false things out there then ill be more than happy to link these when I can get back to a cpu)

There are lots of people including myself that want and voted for BOTH. So if we look at this for a second...

B) want both but only voted 1 because they want X before/more than Y due to thinking there would only be 1 ballot spot.

A) people to swap votes (vote for thier #2) with confidence that they are not hurting their #1's chances.

B) Stop the petty "side" battles that I see all around the web *cringe* and encourage the voting of BOTH great characters.

At that point we wouldn't be "stealing" votes/spotlight from character X or Y at that point we would be multiplying votes which I could see putting both characters to the super untouchable top of the list to ensure that they both get in.

The main issue to some is that they seem to have gotten the impression that one stands in the way of the other which I seriuosly dont think is the case at this point.

Like I said im not pointing fingers or trying to be negative here im just saying there are more votes to be had for both characters and for the DK fandom as a whole now that we know there isent just 1 ballot spot. Areas of interest would be trying to convince places like gamefaqs or other boards that aren't as understanding as this one that it is definitely not a war between the 2 characters. One is Not a threat to the other and its very possible that both can get in.

But do y'all think this is a good idea that we should try to run with? I just want to see both characters in and I think we could really team up and help eachother out at this point. If there are more votes to be had for both characters then lets go get them.
#DK Double?
Are there any negatives to this or a way this could backfire? Thoughts. I would think this could/should be a sealed deal since there are at least 2 ballot spots if we all work together (not saying that everybody was working aginst each other) just saying that having more than one ballot pick really brings a new perspective to this whole thing.

PLEASE NOTE: These statements that I have posted here are observations I have put together from other sites if you want the links or articles that made come to such conclusions please feel more than happy to request them. I promise none of this was spite or ill will im just trying to help both characters.
I agree with this completely. On 4chan every thread starts with Wonder Red or K. Rool, the former not really being a high contender outside of 4chan really but that's beside the point. Everyone kind of agrees Dixie would be a decent addition but there's no waves showing support, just small ripples of agreement. Usually she gets the most love in DKC 2 or 3 threads. Though seeing the pie charts of Japan's most wanted, if those are reliable, I feel really strongly about her chances and it really comes down to if Sakurai is okay with having 2 ballot winners from the same series. Every other person on the poll higher than her are either added already (Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy) or something that might not happen (Snake, Ice Climbers). After you remove those it's basically Wolf, Ridley and K.Rool higher than her so I feel her chances are pretty great, especially since Sakurai is adding a lot of veterans and she was planned for Brawl.

Also on a unrelated note, who here thinks DKC 3 would of been better with Dixie and DK? Kiddy was kind of terrible and that's all her was, a DK replacement for that game. If she teamed up with DK all 3 Kongs would have partnered together, or at least before Tropical Freeze.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Take everything we know about the roster into consideration. We got 3 Mario reps added into this game. 2 were brand new. We got 3 new Fire Emblem reps this game. 2 were brand new and 1 was an incredible remake. We got 3 Kid Icarus reps, 2 were brand new characters. Then not only did we get Mewtwo back, but Lucario stayed and Greninja joined in on the fun. There are no patterns and there are almost no "rules" any more. There is plenty of room for 2 more DK characters coming as DLC. K Rool is the most popular sure but that doesn't mean Dixie is unpopular. I mean Dixie only just came back in her most pure video game form but she has always been there on almost every video game cover and still has official toys made of her to this day.

One thing about Dixie though is that there has been this... assumption that she is going to get in regardless so many folks aren't as vocal about her. For Brawl we know Sakurai wanted Dr Mario, Roy, Mewtwo and Dixie(among other less popular characters) and look where we are now. Roy has his fans but think of the venom spewed about him before he was playable DLC? Now he is the second coming of Jesus Burgess and so not clone.

We can only guess how Dixie will turn out(I think she'd be more Donkey than Diddy personally) but just look how Jr, Roy or Rosalina turned out. Dixie's design is unique whether people want to see it or not. I mean people put her down for being another ape... like really? We've got 5 body types of the Mario fashion, then you've got plenty of the manly muscular Captian Flacon build and people are worried about a 2nd gorilla/3rd primate? But in actuality there is no body type like Dixie, for all intents and purposes she has a limb coming out of her head which is her defining trait in every game she's been in. People don't know nothing until Sakurai does it with more magic and imagination than any of us could have ever imagined.

Now I wait patiently for Klone K Rool. Who he would be a clone of you ask? King Dedede naturally, just think about it! ;)
I FREAKING LOVE THIS POST. I had to log in and reply as you pointing out Dixie's 5th limb was literally my most favorite thing about her! I used to tell everyone she's like a 3-armed fighter, and that in and of itself brings tons of moveset potential alone; add that to her monkey-like nature and a natural flying ability and the possibilities skyrocket.

@ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer I checked out the website and I gotta say it's really impressive! The amount of effort that you put into deserves serious respect and it's great that we have a site to rally the hype for Dixie, and even better that we have you helping to make Dixie in Smash a reality! I'm STILL working on the drawings and I'll have stuff to show in a bit, but I want--no, HAVE to say thank you, very very much for being active in this thread. I...was not planning on finishing the drawings before you came here and revitalized interest in Dixie back in April.

Last edited:

DixieJiggly

Smash Cadet
NNID
ZATCH BELL
3DS FC
0903-2824-3011
@TheDarkKnightNoivern
True, it is not impossible, but very difficult to see it, the difference between the way Mario Got 2 new comers is that it was during the development of the original game, and Donkey Kong would change by DLC we know that will be few characters, at most 10 and I'm being generous, perhaps 5 Sakurai surely want to please one character per franchise, having so many characters in different sagas and characters third party that are still very voted, that is my way of thinking

@RomanceDawn

I say the same thing to, about why I doubt that DK did not receive 2 characters and Mario if the issue is that it is different now than before the DLC characters doubt they too, maybe 5 and has a lot of competition when it comes to characters popular, especially Third Partys, but I liked your arguments, keep a little hope, I hope Sakurai make me swallow my words and we can finally enjoy our monkey favorite in the game what that was planned in Brawl is an error that it has been believed people, that data on the disk are when put in plan type team Diddy Ice Climbers, Sakurai never had the intention of making his own character Dixie

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I think the support site was a good idea and I can tell you put a ton of effort into it so far. It seems to me to make a strong case for Dixie in direct way that is super accessible for someone who doesn't know her all that well. Are you planning on updating the stuff under that last heading on the home page to reflect representation stats post Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu being added as DLC? I may not know as much about Dixie as most of the people in this thread and don't really have web design skills, but I'd be glad to do what I can to help proofread stuff or give whatever other feedback I can on the support site.
Yeah that completely slipped my mind actully until you said something about it. I need to update that and the male to female ratio statistics on the dlc highlights page. Thank you so much for your willingness to help with the site. A proof reader and fact checker would be perfect! You are awesome!

I'd like to commend whoever works on the Dixie4Smash site. It's extremely well done and informative.
Thanks! Im trying to push so hard for Dixie!

I agree with VeemonTamer about the confirmation of more than one ballot character being a good thing for DK fans. We now know that it is not impossible for both K. Rool and Dixie to make it. If they don't need to compete with each other to get into Smash then I don't think K. Rool and Dixie fans need to compete against each other either.

I don't know what the odds of having two ballot characters from the same franchise is, but it seems to me like DK has the best chance of getting two given the support that both K. Rool and Dixie have. Why not try to make that happen?
Exactly. So im gonna go make a game faqs account and attempt to reason with 4chan and layout the situation. To my understanding it is said that most K Rool fans also want Dixie so at this point if this is true then there is no reason not to go back and vote/support her also. Which means her vote count should be going up as we speak right now. Im just going to make threads on other boards to make sure people understand that there is no reason to fight. Dixie would get extra votes and K rool would get extra votes.

I FREAKING LOVE THIS POST. I had to log in and reply as you pointing out Dixie's 5th limb was literally my most favorite thing about her! I used to tell everyone she's like a 3-armed fighter, and that in and of itself brings tons of moveset potential alone; add that to her monkey-like nature and a natural flying ability and the possibilities skyrocket.

@ VeemonTamer VeemonTamer I checked out the website and I gotta say it's really impressive! The amount of effort that you put into deserves serious respect and it's great that we have a site to rally the hype for Dixie, and even better that we have you helping to make Dixie in Smash a reality! I'm STILL working on the drawings and I'll have stuff to show in a bit, but I want--no, HAVE to say thank you, very very much for being active in this thread. I...was not planning on finishing the drawings before you came here and revitalized interest in Dixie back in April.
Thanks alot. Your words mean alot to me. Seriuosly its been an honor working with everyone on this support thread. Everyone has been very inspirational to me indeed.

For the newcomers of the thread or anyone else that missed it if you would like to be featured on the site just write why you like Dixie and why you think she should be in smash and ill add your quote to the fan support page.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I've decided that since July 7th is World Ponytail Day, both Dixie and Shantae should be announced that day

VeemonTamer

Cyber Sleuth
NNID
VeemonTamer
I've decided that since July 7th is World Ponytail Day, both Dixie and Shantae should be announced that day
That would be awesome because Dixie. However im gonna be straight up honest if Shantae somehow got into smash without Dixie I would gladly go back to playing Melee and live in denial that smash 4 even exist.

I dont know much about Shantae but from what I've been reading about her movesets and seeing from her illustrated ones she would be a hair based fighter... If Sakurai puts a 3rd party character that fights with her hair in over a 1st party Nintendo owned character that can do the same and more I dont know what I would think...

Someone on DA even had the nerve to tell me that I ripped off some of Shantae's moves for my illustrated Dixie moveset. Like wtf... Dixie's signature has always been her hair way before there was even a Shantae.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
That would be awesome because Dixie. However im gonna be straight up honest if Shantae somehow got into smash without Dixie I would gladly go back to playing Melee and live in denial that smash 4 even exist.

I dont know much about Shantae but from what I've been reading about her movesets and seeing from her illustrated ones she would be a hair based fighter... If Sakurai puts a 3rd party character that fights with her hair in over a 1st party Nintendo owned character that can do the same and more I dont know what I would think...

Someone on DA even had the nerve to tell me that I ripped off some of Shantae's moves for my illustrated Dixie moveset. Like wtf... Dixie's signature has always been her hair way before there was even a Shantae.
They could both use their hair in incredibly different ways. I do feel like it'd be more of a peripheral focus for Shantae than it would be for Dixie though

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

#DK Double?

Great post! If I could only like a 1000 times... I request you post this in the K.Rool thread to btw! And yes, I feel the extra need to vote for Dixie now. I think I voted more for Dixie than K.Rool once I learned K.Rool was basically winning the ballot, but I'll take every inch of extra security to make my DKC Double Trouble dream a reality!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'd honestly be surprised if we even got K.Rool. It's pretty clear Sakurai treats DK as a Mario spin-off.

We might get K.Rool but I highly doubt we're gettin Dixie now. He's not going to give DK two new reps when he considers it a spin-off. I highly doubt any series would get two unique newcomers given that there's probably around 5 characters left.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd honestly be surprised if we even got K.Rool. It's pretty clear Sakurai treats DK as a Mario spin-off.

We might get K.Rool but I highly doubt we're gettin Dixie now. He's not going to give DK two new reps when he considers it a spin-off. I highly doubt any series would get two unique newcomers given that there's probably around 5 characters left.
But 2 Fire Emblem newcomers in vanilla and 1 Fire Emblem character as DLC is 100% accepted? I don't like that. I liked it when Brawl took only the most iconic and important Fire Emblem heroes, Marth and Ike. Because those where characters with lasting influence, and the biggest, "best" and most iconic roles in the series. And that's what the roster lacks, characters with lasting, influential and iconic roles in their series. Dixie Kong and King K.Rool fit these criteria exactly. So I really am distressed that these characters might potentially be looked over! If Sakurai doesn't add characters from huge series as DKC, Zelda, StarFox or Kirby as DLC I don't know wtf is going on in his mind. CAPCOM now even has an equal ammount of characters as DKC ffs... More, if you count all the Mii costumes as actual representation... I am personally not content with DKC being one of the biggest gaming series in history, but being SO POORLY represented in the roster of the most iconic cross-over title in history.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
But 2 Fire Emblem newcomers in vanilla and 1 Fire Emblem character as DLC is 100% accepted? I don't like that. I liked it when Brawl took only the most iconic and important Fire Emblem heroes, Marth and Ike. Because those where characters with lasting influence, and the biggest, "best" and most iconic roles in the series. And that's what the roster lacks, characters with lasting, influential and iconic roles in their series. Dixie Kong and King K.Rool fit these criteria exactly. So I really am distressed that these characters might potentially be looked over! If Sakurai doesn't add characters from huge series as DKC, Zelda, StarFox or Kirby as DLC I don't know wtf is going on in his mind. CAPCOM now even has an equal ammount of characters as DKC ffs... More, if you count all the Mii costumes as actual representation... I am personally not content with DKC being one of the biggest gaming series in history, but being SO POORLY represented in the roster of the most iconic cross-over title in history.
I take issue with your Fire Emblem stuff. We essentially had just one newcomer from the series since the other one was a very very similar clone to another character. Robin makes even more sense than Ike does to stick around because He/She is more relevant both in terms of recency and in reception. A huge number of people played Awakening compared to the Radiant games and really kind of brought the franchise out of a funk and is critically considered to be one of the best games in the series.

As for Roy, he wasn't really brought back to represent Fire Emblem, was he? He's pretty much more of a Smash character at this point.

But yes, I agree that DK has been cheated... For pretty much no reason at all. They need at least four characters, but more would be nice

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'll never understand why the Tellius games where less popular than Fanservice Emblem Awakening... That's probably another part of my beef with the Fire Emblem representation in Smash, but lets just keep it positive and say that I'm hugely relieved that Ike got to stay and didn't got kicked out for Chrom.

However, speaking of Awakening, I think DKC Returns did wayyyy more for the DKC series than Awakening did. And yes, I know Awakening basically saved Fire Emblem, but what would DKC's fate be without Returns!? Fire Emblem games are popping up as quickly as Zelda games at this point. Yet what exactly is in store for DKC? Exactly, nothing. Except for a mentoin of Tropical Freeze's existance in Diddy's reveal.....

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I shrug. I've always been a proponent that there isn't a such thing as overrepresentation in Smash, but there definitely is such a thing as underrepresentation. I have no idea why DK gets so screwed. I can kind of justify Metroid because there isn't a huge selection but DK does not at all have that problem. Gimme Dixie, K Rool and Lanky and we'll be square

Also shut up, Awakening is like my favorite game of all time at this point lol

Top Bottom