• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data The online in Ultimate is lacking in features and isn't very good. Here's why. (A definitive list)

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
Sakurai forced items on everyone, for what they did to Basic Brawl (and For Fun, when they didn't get the hint). Just to remind everyone that if they prefer Melee they should go play that, instead of practicing MK AT's in between lynchings, for nothing. Sorry to those who had nothing to do with any of this, but "KARMA" is a ***** after all. If we learn respect, maybe we get something better next time.
Sakurai also got the hint with for glory about competitive players.

maybe dozens including me prefer smash 4 and ultimate over melee

Mrplutoguy112

Smash Apprentice
Tbh I think the smash online capabilities aren't up to par with modern online play.

No its not my connection at home its perfectly well connected along with other devices I own. But online for my switch seems to have this problem.

Acrosed many matches I seem to always leave the game unintechonly exiting back at the main menu, but sometimes I log on into a lobby and cant find a match no matter how long I wait unless I leave the lobby and return back and all the sudden I find other players.

I'm not sure if it's because of the lagging that accrues regularly, but I'd sure like for there to be a more better service within the switch to improve it with better online like most other platforms.

PC, Ps4 network, xbox one etc.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
A taunt party is a match where you do things that would irritate other people who want to fight and take the match seriously. Nothing says a taunt party has to involve taunts

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Why did the developers/anti-tp voice at nintendo believe this would "solve the problem?"

Because they're like robots... The input was make it so no more players can purposefully irritate other players by forms of Not Playing Correctly. But because Humans generally either tag along or defy the status quo there's bound to be resistance which is why unless every match is monitored the Taunt Party will live.

Me, I try not to instigate a tp but sometimes it's just gotta happen lol. And since the taunts function itself is disabled in qp the natural alternative is to spam crouch. Me maining sephiroth now makes for some truly amusing tp/tp-crasher hijinks.

Jotari

Smash Journeyman
I really miss taunting on online play. I think they could at least bring it back fro Elite Smash. Or have some kind of function where if an opponent taunted more than a dozen times or so in the match then you're prompted to report them. Taunting after giving a KO is a very satisfying thing to do. And what's worse, while they're never designed to be the greatest attacks, some character actually do have taunt hitboxes, so it's a bit unfair that they're combat potential is being limited ever so slightly by the rule. Bayonetta I think suffers the most, as the ability to cancel her taunt into an attack can be a good baiting tool against novice players.

All that aside, the idea that people would just spam something else (crouch being the obvious which I use myself as a pseudo taunt) was my inital reaction to discovering taunts had been removed. But I actually think it has worked. I don't seem to fight nearly as many troll players in Ultimate as I did in SSB4. I just wish it didn't come at the cost of something I genuinely like as an aspect of the game.

Last edited:

Mike 223

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1792-4156-5513
A taunt party is a match where you do things that would irritate other people who want to fight and take the match seriously. Nothing says a taunt party has to involve taunts
I Haven't Run Into Taunt Parties Yet But I May Eventually Run Into One And I'll Be Screwed If I Do.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Where is the data? Anyway, I like Smash Online. It is pretty good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom