• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The one thing I hate about Peach in Brawl.

theGreatDekuTree

Smash Journeyman
i hate that she doesnt wear revealing clothes like a little ****.
BUT I GUESS WE CANT GET EVERYTHING,
AMIRITE?

FadingWings

Smash Cadet
theGreatDekuTree;i hate that she doesnt wear revealing clothes like a little ****.
BUT I GUESS WE CANT GET EVERYTHING,
AMIRITE?
LOL

and yeah her second jump is poop.:urg:

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Yeah her second jump is horrible... though I don't use it much anyway. =P But it sure would help sometimes when I'm a bit TOO far under the ledge if her second jump was higher. ;_;

Marin.

Smash Journeyman
i agree,
but maybe they did it on purpose
i mean Brawl Peach plays completely different from
Melee Peach, so it all about adapting ang getting the timing right
it takes some time but i have

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I kind of like it myself. It allows you to change directions in air quickly without getting out of your attack range. I like to short hop -> double jump backward -> fair. It's useful for baiting, but it will get predictable of course.

SwordsmanChris

Smash Rookie
Peach has pretty good recovery, despite the inclusion of a lot of winged characters this time around. She just happens to be better at traveling horizontally than vertically. My brother uses her all the time, and I'll say this: he rarely has trouble recovering if I send him flying without a KO. However, I can see how a weak second jump could hurt one's ability to jump through platforms quickly.

Count Lupin

Smash Rookie
doesn't her up+b go higher than the melee peach though?
yes it goes a bit higher than the melee up b, and you can move side to side slightly when she is going up but as it was stated she goes down alot slower making her more open for attacks

salaboB

Smash Champion
Peach's jump heights are the same as Zelda's, so anything that can be done to help Zelda get around it for mobility can presumably be used by Peach.

One thing of note: While air dodging no longer gives height (So that won't work to pop her up onto the ledge) pulling out Toad is relatively fast and gives a boost that is enough to get her up to the height most second platforms are, such as the top ledge in Battlefield from the bottom.

Edit: Peach bomber (>B) also will easily loft you up onto that height, and has more room for error on the vertical than using toad. The disadvantage is it will easily send you clear across the platform, but it does mean you can jump up from way off to the side of it and use it to get over onto it.

Starry Might

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's the one nerf that truly annoys me.

Her Umbrella move helps, though,

One thing of note: While air dodging no longer gives height (So that won't work to pop her up onto the ledge) pulling out Toad is relatively fast and gives a boost that is enough to get her up to the height most second platforms are, such as the top ledge in Battlefield from the bottom.

Edit: Peach bomber (>B) also will easily loft you up onto that height, and has more room for error on the vertical than using toad. The disadvantage is it will easily send you clear across the platform, but it does mean you can jump up from way off to the side of it and use it to get over onto it.
Really? Wow, I think I'll try that out later today when I play "Brawl"! :)

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
There are way too many things to hate about the new Peach, but I think she is just following the standards of Brawl. The only disadvantage against most characters (in my opinion) is that Peach is extremely vulnerable to even the most random attacks-- Sure, you can be very careful and be super evasive, but by simply coming out of the shield, Peach is open to some major damage. I think that is why Pit and even Pikachu can abuse their attacks and put 100% on Peach in a matter of seconds.
Still, its all about sharpening your evasive skills and learn more from Peach. Nobody can catch me ;) ( wth...)

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Peach's new parasol takes her more than just a "bit" higher than it did in Melee... in Melee I relied more on her second jump to recover and her parasol just seemed not to go that high at all, but now in Brawl her parasol takes her very high, past platforms and pretty high even if you fall pretty low below the stage. Her new parasol takes her much higher than it did in Melee... even though the fall speed got worse. >.<

Drake3

Smash Ace
I hate her second jump, but I hate the closed umbrella fall speed even more. If there's not going to be much of a difference, why bother including it.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Yes falling speed is much much worse but if you fall les slowly you get more horizantle distance so I guess theres some good things about it....Can you airdodge after Peach's second jump to get extra height?
I'm pretty sure that airdodging in Brawl doesn't give height.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The weakened second jump may be a bit bad, but Peach's Parasol does give her more vertical ascension when it's needed.

ugg1020

Smash Cadet
Has anyone else noticed that her double jump in subspace emissary is nearly double the height? To see for yourself just do a double jump from any ledge and you will see that she can much more easily get on it. Don't know why it can't be like that in regular brawls but so be it.

And to answer someone's question, airdodging during Peach's double jump does sort of maker her go higher. Basically the airdodge cancels Peach's spinning animation, which normally causes her to drop ever so slightly from the highest point reached by her mid-air stall... :chuckle:ahem, i mean double jump.

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
There are way too many things to hate about the new Peach, but I think she is just following the standards of Brawl. The only disadvantage against most characters (in my opinion) is that Peach is extremely vulnerable to even the most random attacks-- Sure, you can be very careful and be super evasive, but by simply coming out of the shield, Peach is open to some major damage. I think that is why Pit and even Pikachu can abuse their attacks and put 100% on Peach in a matter of seconds.
Still, its all about sharpening your evasive skills and learn more from Peach. Nobody can catch me ;) ( wth...)

about that shield comment of yours...meet TOAD.
duh. also, when i played w/ Peach at my friend's house, Peach won almost every match. she got hit by Pit's Side B maybe, 20 times. Pit got spored to death. Ya just gotta know when to use Toad. (not to brag, but) I am a timing genius. :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
When you pick her daisy dress, her skin color does not change. It does the same. Its not like melee. I cant be the true Dark.Pch is her skin tone is not darkend.

Everything else about Peach I like

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Has anyone else noticed that her double jump in subspace emissary is nearly double the height? To see for yourself just do a double jump from any ledge and you will see that she can much more easily get on it. Don't know why it can't be like that in regular brawls but so be it.
They standardized jump heights for all characters in Subspace Emissary. I first noticed when I couldn't SHdoublefair with Marth, and ZSS's shorthop seemed ridiculously low and actually good compared to her normal shorthop.

I expect this is because they can't predict which characters you would be using in SSE, so they made everyone able to get through every level.

Top Bottom