• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The One-and-only-London-Thread thread - Updates on first post

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
prof pro is nearly 12 you two might get along

can relate to eachother and ish..

crewster

Smash Lord
Pro is only 11? On his Smashwiki it says he is 17. If what you say is true we probably will get along.

I'm afraid you're out of luck as Brawl isn't really that popular right now in the uk, I don't think there are any tournaments on the radar, on this forum at least. I recommend just picking up a cheap copy of Melee and trying it out, even if you aren't interested if you fancy coming along to a tourney for the banter I'm sure someone will be willing to give you a few games of Brawl!!

Here's some vids that make the setup look somewhat proessional (although American and mostly Melee haha!)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4E_Q91CkTl8

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WowKCUQX4v4

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

http://www.mlgpro.com/

http://www.evo2k.com/
I use the GC pad so it would be easy for me to play melee. However, it'll be hard for me to get melee.
It's not the orginization that my parents won't take me to one because of. It's the fact that they think it'll be a bunch of nerds, my age, playing. However, last year I went to a pokemon convetion (in Glassgow, when I was on holiday) at Toys R Us. So if I word it propally I should be fine.
You RickRoll'd me :mad:

crewster

Smash Lord
Make sure you have brawl! No really, people just gradualy introduce brawl into competetive smash, so that when I go to a tourny brawl is there 100% ;).

You're 12, what do you expect the community to do for you? You haven't attended an event and probably never will because you're so young. Clouderz is a pretty valued member of the BC community and he's 12 but that's because he goes to events and pwns everyone there in Brawl. You're asking us to tell you who we are? Why on earth would we go to the trouble to do that, go on smashwiki and look up people who's names you see on here often, everyone has to start somewhere, ask intelligent questions and stop flaming. We'd all enjoy the peace and quiet and I'm sure you'd enjoy less flaming from the troll king that is professor pro.
I wasn't flaming, pro was.

grayfox

Smash Champion
Rofl alright crewster the banters the banter!! I picked up a copy of melee a few days ago after a 2 year hietus of not owning it lol and figured i'd come to the same issues as you not getting my hands on a copy but there it was right in a cash converters store lol. So go through all those sorta pawn shop places, they still sell loads of gc games and one of them will have a copy of smash, it is after all the best selling gc game.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
lol Ben dont take it as an offence, return the banter back to him and try to be more like Zeppo for the banter. As long as you are more like Zeppo you will be alright.

loool Your dumb on the boards, cant wait to meet you in real life......oh yeah.....I wont lulz.

Someone told me that you are....(forgot the name what it is called) but anyway they said you are a (insert the name when I remember) which is a person who goes round to forums pretending they are educated in the game and does stuff when they are just noobs lool.
I believe the closest thing to it would be a "geek".

No I'm not. It was a jk.

Also: Pro came, acused me of being a person who goes around to forums pretending they are educated in the game and does stuff when they are just noobs. Says that somone told him. AmcD says it was him so I call him my enemy. If you ask me I am in the right.
Ignore pro he is a dumb prick (in real life too).

It is such a sad day when i read posts like this, wheres your pride man your patriotism? You live in the ruling country of the mightiest empire the world has known. How can you say such things to someone from the lost colony of America. They're even proud of defying us English, saying our tax laws were unfair when then only had to pay a fraction of a English citizen. Plus the fact that the means of getting to America was funded by us English and they had huge new markets open to them just by being there to begin with! It was founded by greedy men like the kind it is still run by to this day.

As for saying we are like Canada hohoho, Canada are in fact like us, similarly so are Australlia though thats more because prisoners were forced there under lock and key. Something that maybe should have been considered for the Americans too tbh. I think the 2 deciding factors are that in both world wars america joined us after we were laready winning and still proclaim themselves soley responsible, even after dropping 2 atomic bombs to end the last one. And the Olympic games represent the world, what do the commonwealth games represent.

Ok i hope you all enjoyed the history lesson, don't question this great country again :)
I love you.

The way you have just responded now gives me more confirmation of what other said you were trying to do earlier. You're acting disgraceful I don't think anyone can trust you. And I know what you said about me yesterday privately to someonelse because they told me the second you said it, which just tells me more about what you did earlier is the truth. I will not apologize for the choas that you have tried to cause. I have not insulted you really much, I have just told you what you tried to do was disgraceful, I'll see you when you can finally be at a smashfest.

THE PERSON JUST TOLD ME RIGHT NOW that you told me that you're gonna try and break this community up on Sunday by doing something but he said he doesnt know what you're gonna do yet, what the hell is wrong with you seriously, I don't understand why you would even take that much time to try and break us up, your being a prick.
lool I love your trolling.

It's tite.

I mean... look at my username ;)
Your username is pro, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Captain Banter?
looool

prof pro is nearly 12 you two might get along

can relate to eachother and ish..
I knew someone that small couldn't be 17.

Pro is only 11? On his Smashwiki it says he is 17. If what you say is true we probably will get along.

I use the GC pad so it would be easy for me to play melee. However, it'll be hard for me to get melee.
It's not the orginization that my parents won't take me to one because of. It's the fact that they think it'll be a bunch of nerds, my age, playing. However, last year I went to a pokemon convetion (in Glassgow, when I was on holiday) at Toys R Us. So if I word it propally I should be fine.
You RickRoll'd me :mad:
Pokémon money match?

guys i think i should host a fest during the week - Fuzzyness

IN BARKINGSIDE
When? :)

grayfox

Smash Champion
My god there is actually some top notch banter to be had around here.

You know someone had loads and loads of banter when they quote 5 or 6 quite long messages and write on average 5 words after it. Kudos for the amazingly ****e banter Tails Chao. I pondered over what to call you there: Tails, Chao, I thought TC had loads of banter but then I remembered that's what Top Cat was known by to his nearest and dearest but I'll just call you Top Cat for the ****e banter anyways from now on; why not!?!?

Also I feel it is Necessary to point out how much banter William Hudson has. In the middle of a huge stupid as fvck argument he just comes flying in with a massive post, which is not only completely irrelevant to the current heated discussion, but is actually not relevant to anything at all!! Such pointless ****e flying in the middle of that, completely ignoring as if unaware of what was going on when he clearly is very aware, can only be classed as advanced banter strats and i commend his efforts.

crewster

Smash Lord
Ignore pro he is a dumb prick (in real life too).

Pokémon money match?
It's abit late for that advise.

No it was just for fun.

Report about the parent problam issue:
I'm going to try and get my mum to say that I can go to a gaming tornament, if they exist and I can find one (She doesn't know they exist yet) and when a brawl one come up or I've got melee and a melee one comes up I will say "I found this website and it's got tornaments, remember you said I could go..." and so on.

Grayfox: do you know if they sell SSBM in game?

grayfox

Smash Champion
They won't sell it in game or gamestation or the like as they don't sell gamecube games anymore. Perhaps it is different for your area, I don't know. In my city though they have a VERY small collection of ****e trucker games and the like lol, maybe you'll get lucky and see melee there but I still think your best chance is in a cash converter type store.

crewster

Smash Lord
If I can find a GC shop I will get SSBM and Wind Waker (I used to main Tlink).

grayfox

Smash Champion
AYE THE WIND WAKER IS A HIDDEN GEM RARELY SPOKEN OF IN ENDEARING TONES! Same with Mario Sunshine, my god that probably gets into my top 10 games list.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Teh intrawebs? Have you tried Ebay?

If not like grayfox said a cash converter store, try Cex there's a few of them around.

Also I'm 9 years older than you...mental... (its depressing how easily amused I am)

Jolteon

Windwaker and Super Mario Sunshine own.

and dear Grayfox; I do believe you were beaten to the chase to give me the legendary name of "Top Cat" by none other than Bullet Bill, who did this not long after I met him.

grayfox

Smash Champion
ROFL BEN GIVING ME A BAD BEAT!!! In hindsight pretty much Bullet Bens existance is dishing out bad beats to people, I believe it to be his calling in life.

Btw big crewster if you order Melee online be careful to get the PAL version as ntsc is american and will not work here, not to mention it is a different game due to alterations in physics and the like.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
ok this is off topic but anyways

i have got into these games

can anyone recommend where i can further my skills

i can play them really well .

GG- Ky kiske , Eddie , Potekin
3rd strike - Ryu
Meltyblood - White Len , Shinki Tohno

grayfox

Smash Champion
AYE AYE BEN THATS WHAT THEY ALL SAY!!

evans it is quite different. Casual play would hardly notice it but because the top tiers, and thus most competitive characters, have had their moves altered between the versions it creates a completely different competitive field in a sense. Just from what would seem at a glance as minor alterations like certain moves killing slightly quicker.

Also don't worry about having to catch up. I thought the same thing in 2004 ROFL and ended up talking to M2K and Hugs before they had been to any events, now I stopped playing and they are amoungst the best in the world lol, so no worries about that pish.

Jolteon

if you're starting at beginner level I'd suggest fighting fuzzyness; he's a pretty even level for newbies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
looool Pdot and TC are just being dumb, I know them personally so they just take there occasional opportunties to insult me since I am not going out with them anymore and I hurt their feelings lool.
Nah but seriously I am 17 i'm in my second year of college.

how much diffrent actually is the ntsc version compared with pal
There is ALOT of difference in the advance level of play soo get PAL so you get just adapt to the high level play easier.

ok this is off topic but anyways

i have got into these games

can anyone recommend where i can further my skills

i can play them really well .

GG- Ky kiske , Eddie , Potekin
3rd strike - Ryu
Meltyblood - White Len , Shinki Tohno
Who cares, you don't even play SSBM with anyone but yet you recommend us to play another game with you. Go to neoempire.

Do you know if they sell GC games in HMV and Zavvi?
Some shops still sell it.
Everytime I walk into a shop and I see people selling brawl I look upon it with disgrace and think 'people don't know the truth about that **** game'.........does anyone feel the same or been in a similar situation lol?

crewster

Smash Lord
Comon brawl isn't that bad. I can't say it is better/worse than melee because I don't have melee but it isn't that bad.
I use custom controls for brawl, guess I have to start using defalt if I wan't to be any good at melee.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Comon brawl isn't that bad. I can't say it is better/worse than melee because I don't have melee but it isn't that bad.
I use custom controls for brawl, guess I have to start using defalt if I wan't to be any good at melee.
If you were to play melee competitively and then demote your standards to brawl when it came out you would know what I was talking about lol.
Plus in melee you actually need to learn a few things to become good at the game which aren't in the manual and you will not become the best unless you work on your tech skill if you know what tech skill is.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE (look at all 3 bits so you have an idea of what you're coming into)
And plus when you come to melee you will be welcomed to the world of SPEED AND ACTUAL COMBOS!
Lemme show you a simple video of combos in it with your brawl character
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DJmagsD6_1U&feature=related

grayfox

Smash Champion
Brawls got laods of banter, a lot of the melee community is just gutted by the notion of moving the scene along to it, which is fair enough if the vast majority feel its an inferior game. The banter of it is though if they treated it like the new pes or new mario game instead of the successor to Melee loads would probably enjoy it a lot roofl

eevans

Smash Cadet
i started off playing brawl but as i played melee i went off it because i realised how inferior it is to melee and i just played a bitof brawl and its really boring.
more people should have stuck with melee when brawl came out i think.

crewster

Smash Lord
+ Melee looks alot cooler.
+ I get pwned by my freinds at brawl. They have 0 tech skill.
- I don't use the defalt GC controls (in brawl).
Yeah.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
I must admit that melee is awesome and the speed and AT is much better than Brawl. However, i still think that Brawl can be competitive at times. It may not be exciting like melee but Brawl Can be exciting at times IMO. BTW eevans, your account on neoempire is active now :)

Top Bottom