• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OMG FiZZ is back Stupendous "Critique my Lucario" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
To Bear:

This was just a quick match so I could explain myself on the Nair moveset discussion. Literally I just picked up the controller and started playing, usually I do much better. :)

Arbruteblade

Smash Rookie
Made a mediafire folder, all in .bin so that you can watch them on the big screen (as long as your wii is properly connected).

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=12a51041359092af1686155677bb2685fcc2f26ebd26445f

Just put them in SDCard:\private\wii\app\RSBE\rp, start up your wii, put the SD card in, and start up Brawl (or alternatively Brawl+). The mediafire folder contains both vBrawl (Regular) and Brawl+ (if you use it you probably know what it is)

The brawl+ replays can't be viewed with normal brawl (it works but I look like an idiot while playing) and you can't view the normal brawls.

*posts, and expects to be called a big n00b*

Timbers

check me out
going off the first video Pit, your playstyle is a bit telegraphed :\

Everytime you rolled you'd fsmash like right after, even if DK wound up right next to you during that roll. It got you punished.

Also look into using offstage aurasphere to guard against DK. It destroys lol.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
alright ill get critiquing. wait ill edit mah post.

ok first vid gave me a ****ing headache ill just do 2nd k?

2ND

1.ok first off don't roll too much. and please don't throw fair(punishable) into the floor. use nair instead.
2. you had pretty good combo's for a beginner. nice.
3. good DT there but try not to use it a lot. just like a once in a blue moon thing.
4. next time dont leap off the moving platform if your on top. just drop through it.
5. you had good guardbreaker skills. keep it up :)
6. punish more. Fsmash is good for punishing landing lag.
7. try not to approach just by dashing straight ahead to your opponent.
8. awesome three stock.

your pretty good for a n00b. (about 5 times better than my noob lucario was.) hang with us more often.

DusK-The-Stray

Smash Ace
alright ill get critiquing. wait ill edit mah post.

ok first vid gave me a ****ing headache ill just do 2nd k?

2ND

1.ok first off don't roll unexcessively like that and please don't throw fair(punishable) into the floor. use nair instead.
2. you had pretty good combo's for a beginner. nice.
3. good DT there but try not to use it a lot. just like a once in a blue moon thing.
4. next time dont leap off the moving platform if your on top. just drop through it.
5. you had good guardbreaker skills. keep it up :)
6. punish more. Fsmash is good for punishing landing lag.
7. try not to approach just by dashing straight ahead to your opponent.
8. awesome three stock.

your pretty good for a n00b. (about 5 times better than my noob lucario was.) hang with us more often.
Sorry about the headache, I just need a competent cameraman (or a tripod)

1. Um, you mean use the roll a bit more or less, you used a double negative, something that still confuses me to this day lol.
2. Thank you, its pretty much thanks to these boards and some of the videos I watched from here with a little of me on the side =)
3. Yeah, DT has been one of my "tide-changers" but has also become a bad habit for me, I'm trying hard to break that though.
4. Will do.
5. Thanks again.
6. Will do.
7. Practicing this.
8. Thanks again lol

I feel like I've said this too much but thanks for the critique and compliments, and yeah, I'll be hanging around here for a long time to come lol.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
critiquing atm. I'll try to be quick and blunt about it.

- It seems like your reaction time is kind of.... slow. Maybe work on that or something, because it just seemed like the Zelda could've punished if he was better.

- too many grabs. Dash grabbing is ugh if you get predictable about it.

- wow you are getting predictable fast. I could practically read every time you were going to grab attempt, fsmash or AS. Granted, some of this you got away with and I may be just being tough on you, but it wasn't hard to read you.

- you should make better use of SH approaches and Lucario's aerials, especially Fair and Nair. You're too restricted, and you stayed on the stage when you could've followed offstage to attack.

- too much fsmash

- "OHHHH JESUS"

- nice to see you bring back uthrow to utilt which I admittedly never use even though it's great for damage racking.

- come on, that Shiek jab thing was just sad. I know it's old but SDI moar.

anyway, gg I guess. Hopefully you've gotten better since.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Ok time to critique this bad boy:

1) You HAVE to learn to punish. At least 5 times you could of punished Zelda's recovery and changing into Sheik. A simple dash attack could of been used or a grab but if you want to become good with Lucario you have to punish your opponent. If you punished and got 8% each time that would of led to 40%. 40% is better than nothing right?
2) I noticed that sometimes you roll behind your opponent, bad idea. I do it as well and if you were playing someone better you would of been punished.
3) Sometimes you released BAS for no reasons. Instead of wasting your time by sending out BAS you should of charged an AS.
4) At 2:48 you could of DI'd out of that instead of getting all of that damage. Not really that smart on your part.

I just wanted to add that you should of easily 3 stocked this person. They really didn't know how to use Zelda or Zelda's recovery for that matter. If you could upload a video of you fighting someone better please do so. Also you should post on these boards more often it would help you out alot. Hope to see you around on these boards :)

EDIT- Watch out for Bear he will eat you alive. lol

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Critique my Lucario pwease :3

Sadly this the only video of me using my Lucario seriously

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCz5C9M9pC0
-You seem to have a very distinct playstyle of playing very passive/defensive at low percents but more aggressive at higher percents. Nothing wrong with this, but I would recommend doing the opposite. Playstyle is something that can rarely be changed.

-Try not to be grab happy. Lucario doesn't have very damaging throws, especially at low percents. There were several times where you did predict the Zelda but only grabbed the Zelda instead of using something more damaging. There were several time when the Zelda recovered ONTO the stage that you could have easily fsmashed/dsmashed/whatever instead of grabbing. But if you really love grabs that much, consider using pivot/boost grabs more.

-Don't charge your smashes ever. The only time you should charge it is if someone is in a helpless state. Your opponent *might* be silly enough to run into it, but they will almost always punish it with a projectile.

-You used Aura Sphere quite a bit. Be careful about spamming it against ANYONE that has a reflector. Baiting them into using it while offstage is good if the reflector has a lot of ending lag.

-You seem to have some minor prediction issues. It could be you never played a Zelda, but...

-Some self-spacing issues.

-You rolled away several times when you really didn't need to. Learn to walk/run/jump away instead.

-I didn't see that many fsmashes, but this is a good idea against a Zelda. One missed fsmash=bair/fair to the face.

-Never use Double Team. Then one time you did, you misread your opponent when you could have just walked away and fsmashed.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I just wanted to add to what Rockettrainer said about grabs. Lucario's grab has horrible grab range.

I think I made my point. :)

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I just wanted to add to what Rockettrainer said about grabs. Lucario's grab has horrible grab range.

I think I made my point. :)
His throws themselves are actually kinda good. but yes the piss poor grab range means you wont be catching opponents without some prediction.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Luckily our grab is pretty fast (zelda's is horribad, I think her standing grab comes out on frame 12), and our pivot grab is pretty decent as well (if you've seen videos of how far it can grab, it's nothing short of impressive).
His throws are good, but I really do hate having normal grabs with no aura "range" modifiers to make him grab farther.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Why do we have stubby little paws! That actaully would be pretty sick for the aura modifier to make our grab range farther.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's because Lucario doesn't lean forward when grabs but like every other character does when they do a grab animation. Makes no sense.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
He does when he does pivot grab, so that might help a bit as to why it has pretty good range (besides the fact that most good pivot grabs usually slide pretty well, and lucario's is no exception).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yah, but leaning forward looks stupid and unchill-like.
*sigh* The burden of being too cool to desperately fish for a grab.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yah, but leaning forward looks stupid and unchill-like.
*sigh* The burden of being too cool to desperately fish for a grab.
Therefore, using this logic, Dedede is uncool.

Makes sense now. :)

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
*sarcasm* Oh, how rude of me to forget how chill we are.

Rockettrainer are you going to be sticking on the boards from now on because I would like you to join the revamping team. The more the better!

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
D3 is a fat lazy king. of course he still wears his pajamas to battle. he's even too lazy to walk to the field.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I will get on it. wait for edits.

on the both videos, It seems as if your Friend doesnt have a complete grasp of Lucario yet. He just started Brawl yes?

1.)he's waaay to predictable.
2.) he's also very flighty, he needs more aggression.
3.) He needs to practice his reaction time. a looooooot.
4.) he needs to stop throwing fair into the floor.
5.) His punishes are very bad. *tsk tsk* needs more work.
6.) Dont charge smashes...
7.) Really bad timing on some of his smashes.
8.) it seems as if he is using a wiimote O_____O get a GC controller.

Overall He looks as if this is his first time playing smash. I think he needs more practice before we start doing some real critiquing K?

If he has an account on the SWF ask him to join us and feel free to ask any questions.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I agree 100% with what Aurasmash14 posted but I just want to go into deeper info on the charging smashes. The only time that you should charge a smash is when the opponent can't move such as their sheild breaking. Also your friend wanted to grab alot of the time. Well Lucario's grab range is horrible and you should try to mix it up with some FP. Hopefully this helps and ya you should tell your friend to come to the Lucario Boards.

EDIT: To all the people on these boards I am making horrible my go to word just like Phil's is SCIENCE!:chuckle:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Didn't Ted coin AURA? I forgot, it's been quite long.
I also should indulge on the origins of SCIENCE! and where it came from sometime, lol, it's a bit of a funny story.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
*sarcasm* Oh, how rude of me to forget how chill we are.

Rockettrainer are you going to be sticking on the boards from now on because I would like you to join the revamping team. The more the better!
I will stick around. But if I find myself annoyed again, I can just simply disappear again. Very simple. :)

As far as charging smashes, don't do it at higher percents unless you are absolutely sure you are going to hit your opponent. You take more knockback if you are hit out of it, so...yeah, lol.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
^ What do you mean by annoyed? Sorry but I wasn't around when you were around last time and hopefully it doesn't happen again.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
It's nothing worth bringing up. And I doubt it will happen again.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Actually, Fogo mentioned another time that you would "charge" a smash, but for a very limited time. As we all know, people like to PS fsmash so they can grab afterward, especially D3. He said to avoid that, it's as simple as strutterstep/ever so slightly holding the smash just a little bit more to make them miss the PS frames.
lol I remember the last time you were around, I really want to improve the boards to accommodate people who actually practice the game more/win tourneys more often so that it doesn't turn off other procarios.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I might be uploading a video of my gameplay tonight. It depends on if I get home in time after my soccer game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom