• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Melee Hacks Audio/Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Been looking around for Juicy Fruit from the Smash doc to replace menu music but can't find it. Any help?
[The Smash Bros. Documentary] Huw Williams - Juicy Fruit By Achilles - DEMO
Hey does anyone here either have or have the knowledge to do custom music hacks and are willing to get me a .hps of the Masked Dedede theme from either superstar or triple deluxe? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks in advance
Kirby: Triple Deluxe - Masked Dedede By Achilles - DEMO

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Super Street Fighter IV - Character Select (Versus Mode) By Achilles - DEMO
Super Street Fighter IV - Character Select (Arcade Mode) By Achilles - DEMO
Street Fighter IV - Character Select By Achilles - DEMO

Requesting an OP transfer because:
1. The OP is ded. Unsure when the last edit was, but pretty sure it was before...
2. Megaupload got shut down, so most of the links are broken.
I agree. Are you interested or would you like to pass this on to someone else?

Benny P

Smash Journeyman
The New Melee Hacks Audio/Music Thread
This is the new Music Thread. Here you can make requests, share your songs, and publish any cool SSM hacks. I was inspired to make this thread from Tichinde925's original Audio Melee Hacks thread, but that thread grew less and less active and Tichinde stopped updating it. Now, I'm going to try running this thread, with a little more organization and updation:

• Post #1 - This post. Intro, Tutorials, Miscellaneous Downloads
  • Post #2 - Video Game HPS's
  • Post #3 - More HPS's
  • Post #4 - SSM Hacks
  • Post #5 - Reserved for more stuff

Finally, all HPS's in the indexing posts will fit in SleepyK's 14:02 HPS file and NOT the default melee files. Tichinde's old thread has a bunch of original-melee files in it; I've listed them here but have not specified which stage they go under, as they'll replace all 14:02 files.

Tutorials

Downloads
  • GC Rebuilder - Best tool available for replacing files, rebuilding ISOs, etc.
  • Email sreeepyk@gmail.com (an autoreply bot) for an SSBM ISO with prehacked 14:02 songs for many stages, as well as a package of files to help you get started audio hacking.

Submitting

Originally, I had no submitting guidelines in mind, but for the ease of my copy/pasting download links into the index, please submit things like this (and yes, I did steal this from the Brawl Custom Music Hub):

HTML:
[url="DOWNLOADLINK"][color="DarkOrange"]VIDEOGAME OR ARTIST[/color] - [color="Yellow"]SONGTITLE[/color][/url] By YOURNAME - [url="PREVIEWLINK"][color="Red"]DEMO[/color][/url]
You can also use this generator that spits out things in the correct format when you input the names in.

Youtube demo links are optional; I don't require them.

Specials thanks to a bunch of people: Steelia, GodFed, SleepyK, nube, Tichinde, CyberGlitch (Stole his BCMH thread formatting), too many more to mention. If I forgot you, pretend I didn't mention you because I didn't want everyone else to be jealous, because you're obviously superior to them.

This ISO that's already made- is this a NTSC one? I kinda wish it had pal

Doq

Smash Lord
What file is the one that the announcer calling out the characters name?
I would think main.ssm but I am likely wrong. I would need to recheck it.

Checked it. Wrong. It's in nr_name.ssm or nr_select.ssm, but I cannot be sure without extracting.

Last edited:

Doq

Smash Lord

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
There are so many dead links I don't see why not. Can this be archived at least?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom