• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Counter Game

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Drifblim
Chesto Berry
Unburden
Modest
12 HP / 252 Def / 124 SpA / 32 SpD / 88 Spe
~ Calm Mind
~ Rest
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power Fighting

SCOREBOARD:
IC3R- 10 IIII
karthik_king- 69 II
MorphedChaos- 5 III
ORLy- 20 IIII
Pink Reaper-64 IIII
Platypus- 5 IIII
sonofthesky- -1 III
TehBo49- 15 IIII
Terywj-III
Mewter- 9
Meta-Kirby- II
zrky-II
Royismyboi- 18

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Nope
lv100 Absol
Type: Dark
Attack: 359

used Psycho Cut on

lv100 Weezing
Type: Poison
Defense: 362

Min Avg Max
102 111.64 120
It's super effective!

You 3HKO me while I 2HKO you with sludge bomb

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Oh wait, I forgot, neither of those work :p

Rule of Choice(Items):

Any Choice set should only use 1 move to keep it from being over powered. This is actually the exact reason why, like Royismyboi said, Super Power would OHKO but it does nothing to Drifblim, thus eliminating as a usable move. While you COULD, in actual game, do this, this is the counter game, so we have to keep it to one move to keep Choice items from being too powerful.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Fine
Charizard
Choice Band
Adamant
Moveset EVs
~ Flare Blitz
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ OverHeat

Edit Wait a second that means it would have hat to use psycho cut assumably otherwise my weezing would have pwned it so that means my absol would have worked then right?

roy is my boi

Smash Journeyman
Oh wait, I forgot, neither of those work :p

Rule of Choice(Items):

Any Choice set should only use 1 move to keep it from being over powered. This is actually the exact reason why, like Royismyboi said, Super Power would OHKO but it does nothing to Drifblim, thus eliminating as a usable move. While you COULD, in actual game, do this, this is the counter game, so we have to keep it to one move to keep Choice items from being too powerful.
aww...
okay =D

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Cancel my charizard counter since Absol would work my Choiced move is superpower

SCOREBOARD:
IC3R- 10 IIII
karthik_king- 74-1 for failed weezing=73 II
MorphedChaos- 5 III
ORLy- 20 IIII
Pink Reaper-64 IIII
Platypus- 5 IIII
sonofthesky- -1 III
TehBo49- 15 IIII
Terywj-III
Mewter- 9
Meta-Kirby- II
zrky-II
Royismyboi- 23

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
I'm not sure that you "get" the tallies. The "I"s are points not in groups of five. The other values must be multiples of five- "crossed tallies". Otherwise, it gets confusing (not that it isn't already).

Against Supersol:

Xatu w/Toxic Orb
(+Speed -Atk.)/Synchronize
200 Def./ 200 Sp. Def./ 110 Speed
+ Power Swap
+ Night Shade
+ Refresh
+ Trick
THIS IS TECHNIQUE IN A BEER BOTTLE.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Aggron lolz i forgot to put the name
Rock Head Adamant
Life Orb
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Stone Edge
~ Focus Punch
~ Ice Punch
~ Earthquake / Double-Edge

IC3R

Smash Lord
vs. Xatu:

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Bold / Sticky Hold
EVs - 212 HP, 160Def, 136 SpDef
~Earth Power
~Ice Beam
~Substitute
~Stockpile

gg. I have less SpAtt than you, but not much, so I'll gladly take a Power Swap. You cannot Trick Toxic Orb onto me thanks to Sticky Hold, and you have no method of recovery, so you will be forced to Refresh yourself to keep from dying from poisoning. Night Shade is a laughable 6HKO on me, and even more with Subs up.

I have SubStock to boost my average Defenses to enormous levels, and protect myself from Support moves. Ice + Ground for coverage.

EDIT: I was looking through recent posts, and I am absolutely appalled...

@ karthic king: Read our rules and do some calcs before posting, seriously. Let me give some examples:
  • Your Dewgong fails against roy's Flareon. You are 2HKOd by Superpower. When you switch into Superpower, you have 21%-33% health left, making another Superpower or a Fire Blast KO you. Should you Rest, Fire Blasts will end you. Your Surf attack deals 40%-47% damage to Flareon, making it a 3HKO. You cannot Rain Dance, or Superpower will defeat you, and Ice Beam is just laughable vs. Flareon.

• The Drifblim you posted fails against roy's Golduck, who 2HKOs you with Ice Punch. If you switch into Hypnosis, there goes your ChestoRest combo, and you leave yourself wide open when you do Rest. Your STAB Shadow Ball does a measly 30%-35% damage to Golduck.

• As many others have pointed out already, your Weezing is 2HKO'd by roy's Absol's Choice Banded Psycho Cut. You won't even have a chance to retaliate.

If you need a damage calculator and stat finder, here are two things you should use:

1. http://www.shoddybattle.com/ - You can download this and find out what stats your foe and your counter will have. You can also play Pokemon with people from around the world with little hassle. Just hope you're older than thirteen years.

2. http://www.psypokes.com/dex/damage/php - This is the damage calculator I use most of the time. It hasn't failed me yet.
=-=-=-=-=
@ roy is my boi: Other than breaking the Choice Rule, you're fine.

=-=-=-=-=
@ Platypus: Try to finalize your point system, please. If the designer doesn't know how it works, something's wrong.

=-=-=-=-=
I also think we just need to reset the points. There have been too many failed counters that we let slide away...

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
vs. Xatu:

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Bold / Sticky Hold
EVs - 212 HP, 160Def, 136 SpDef
~Earth Power
~Ice Beam
~Substitute
~Stockpile

gg. I have less SpAtt than you, but not much, so I'll gladly take a Power Swap. You cannot Trick Toxic Orb onto me thanks to Sticky Hold, and you have no method of recovery, so you will be forced to Refresh yourself to keep from dying from poisoning. Night Shade is a laughable 6HKO on me, and even more with Subs up.

I have SubStock to boost my average Defenses to enormous levels, and protect myself from Support moves. Ice + Ground for coverage.
Bibarel@Leftovers
Sassy/Unaware
158Atk/252SpDef/100SpAtk
-Super Fang
-HP Grass
-Waterfall
-Swagger

Ignores your boosts. HP Grass is a 3HKO while Earth Power would have to roll max damage every time just to be a 4HKO.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Bibarel@Leftovers
Sassy/Unaware
158Atk/252SpDef/100SpAtk
-Super Fang
-HP Grass
-Waterfall
-Swagger

Ignores your boosts. HP Grass is a 3HKO while Earth Power would have to roll max damage every time just to be a 4HKO.
Gawd, I hate going against Bibarel.

Pinsir @ Persim Berry
Impish / Mold Breaker
EVs - 248 HP, 80 Att, 168 Def
~Brick Break
~Faint Attack
~Swords Dance
~Substitute

I'm safe from Swagger, HP Grass is lol, Super Fang will never break a Sub, and your Waterfall won't break one in one hit either. Mold Breaker ignores your Unawareness and Pinsir 2HKOs with Brick Break.

roy is my boi

Smash Journeyman
hey quick question about this game...
for the switch move, is focus punch allowed?
other than that counter is
Camerupt @ leftovers
Modest/Solid Rock
252 Defence/ 252 Special Attack/ 4 Sdef
EarthPower
FlameThrower
HP Grass
OverHeat
Hope that works, me no did calcs cuz im in a hurry =D

IC3R

Smash Lord
srsly i hoped someone else would counter >.>

Mantine @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Special Def 4 Special attack
HP Electric
Hydro Pump
Toxic
Ice Beam
Here I am! :mad:

Magneton @ Leftovers
Calm / Magnet Pull
EVs - 252 HP, 40 SpAtt, 208 SpDef, 8 Spd
~Discharge
~Hidden Power [Water]
~Signal Beam
~Magnet Rise

I take 27%-32% from Hydro Pump, and I OHKO back with Discharge. Switch-ins have to be careful not to get Paralyzed, and Ground-types will have a hard time smacking me around when Magnet Rise is up. HP Water will take care of Grounds, Rocks, and Fires, and Signal Beam covers for Grasses, which resist the first two attacks.

Gogo Lanturn!

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
Laturn? Screw that.

Arceus@Life orb
252 atk 252 spd 4 def
Adament
Swords dance
Overheat
Extreme speed
Earthquake

Pwnt, hopefully.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Tyranitar w/ Citrus berry
Brave
252 Atk, 252 spd, 4 hp
Focus punch
Substitute
Earthquake
Dark pulse

sub first turn, citrus if you get me low (But sandstorm and high spd wont make you hit hard.) Then start a focus punch, if you break the sub, Focus punch still goes off, and next turn I can earthquake if your not dead.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
WHAT HATH I WROUGHT?

No, seriously. Tallying the points is going to be a nightmare, one for which I don't have time now. Must I be the one to maintain the system?

Gliscor w/[anti-Ice Berry]
Jolly/Sand Veil
255 Atk./155 Def./ 100 Sp. Def.
+ X-Scissor
+ Iron Tail
+ Thunder Fang
+ Earthquake
Pain.../And Sandstorm in the air/I want to be freeee/But I get walled by Bugs.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Lets abolish the point system and that is coming from the leader.
I mean honestly right after we stopped keeping track tons of people came more OU showed up because of this
Swampert
Leftovers
Relaxed
240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpA
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Beam
~ Hydro Pump
~ Protect

Top Bottom