• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official 'Xenoblade Chronicles X' Thread: Spoilers will not be tolerated!

Are you planning on getting Xenoblade Chronicles X?

• Total voters

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
DAAAMN...Boze's last Affinity Mission was a pain and a half

fighting that damn Scintimure...Not that is was exceedingly hard, but the environment I had to fight it in...
Entrance to the cave was too small for my Skells, fighting on top of small platforms surrounded by lava, my squad are too dumb not to run right into the lava, and I keep forgetting to use Overdrive :lol:...

Either way...that's that out of the way finally, Boze at least has proven he's not a complete racist prick like he was at first (still not a fan of the whole sensai bologne) and I can now start working on the remaining Affinity missions...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
DAAAMN...Boze's last Affinity Mission was a pain and a half

fighting that damn Scintimure...Not that is was exceedingly hard, but the environment I had to fight it in...
Entrance to the cave was too small for my Skells, fighting on top of small platforms surrounded by lava, my squad are too dumb not to run right into the lava, and I keep forgetting to use Overdrive :lol:...

Either way...that's that out of the way finally, Boze at least has proven he's not a complete racist prick like he was at first (still not a fan of the whole sensai bologne) and I can now start working on the remaining Affinity missions...
I did that one earlier too. I'm not a fan of the environment on that boss fight either. All I can say is that I ain't doing that **** again.

I was gonna do Yelv's last affinity mission but I noticed that I don't have both mimeosome legs in order to start on it (already did the other two requirements). I'm also aiming to finish every affinity mission in the game and it'll be curtain calls for me.

Last edited:

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
I'm stuck on the "A Challenger Approaches" affinity mission. I'm gonna put spoilers since it is late into the game.
I can't beat Ga Buidhe to save my freakin' life. Even with four skells, every bloody attack keeps missing. Are there certain augments I can use to raise my accuracy or will that not matter?

EDIT: Finally did it after a bunch of perseverance and grinding. Still took way longer than it should have.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I never would've guessed, that smashboards got threads not related to smash (I really need to be more active). ^^

We got so many other Wii U games on the switch. It feels like a really big missed opportunity, if doesn't get a port.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
does anyone else hate lin?
No, not really. The "eating Tatsu"-joke can get tiresome after a while, but thats really much it for me.

There is only one character in the entire series that I hate and that is Lorithia...and that little kid from Dahlias sidequest in Xenoblade 2....

"Pwetty lady Dahliaaa". God, that kid was annoying.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
No, not really. The "eating Tatsu"-joke can get tiresome after a while, but thats really much it for me.

There is only one character in the entire series that I hate and that is Lorithia...and that little kid from Dahlias sidequest in Xenoblade 2....

"Pwetty lady Dahliaaa". God, that kid was annoying.
I wouldn’t know I refused to use dahlia

Calamitas

Smash Champion
So I know it's a pretty minor thing, but I just wanted to point out that thanks to Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura somehow(??) posting in it after the subforums officially closed down, the Elma support thread is now gonna remain at the top of the listing for the non-pinned threads. I just think that's kinda nice.

Not to mention that at worst, the entire "cooking Tatsu" thing is just a 13 year old screwing around a bit. Hardly worth any hatred.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
So I know it's a pretty minor thing, but I just wanted to point out that thanks to Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura somehow(??) posting in it after the subforums officially closed down, the Elma support thread is now gonna remain at the top of the listing for the non-pinned threads. I just think that's kinda nice.

smash.png

Nice :smirk:. Good job, Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura .

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Nobody else posted this yet? Then I'll do the honors.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Nobody else posted this yet? Then I'll do the honors.

YOOOOOOOO!!! This looks clean ngl :love::love:

I alway wanted to try to install mods for brawl and smash 4 but never did. I was always afraid that I could break my console or the games.
But that looks so cool...I'm tempted

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Oh, since the thread has been bumped anyway, I figured that I might as well share this.

Over the past couple of months, I've been slowly grinding out the enemy Holofigures you get for defeating specific tyrants, and in doing so, I came across what's probably one of my favourite little details in the game.

See the name of this tyrant here? "Experimental Flight Shrad". Well. The thing about this tyrant is, when you move past the specific area in Cauldros, it spawns. . . hundreds of feet up in the sky. And you have to wait for it to drop down before you can fight it.

Guess there's a reason it's experimental, huh?

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Been just over a month, so I guess I can post again without worrying about double posting.

Just wanted to share a little meme I made. . .

I'm sorry. I forgot.:crying:
Nice meme. Some of my favorites:

"The moment I play the game, they'll announce a port"
Yep. That's me. I want to replay the game for the longest time, but there is always that one thought on my mind. (JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN ALREADY!!)

"Fanart of Elma and no other characters"
As a simp fanboy of Elma I take any fanart of her I can get (preferably sfw)

"Complaining about the font size."
I recently played Doom 2016 again and bro...how is font size this tiny a thing? The size of my TV is fine but sometimes I feel that I need glasses.
Immediately reminded me of XCX.

"Calling the whole soundtrack bad because of the NLA themes."
The NLA night theme is one of my favorite tracks in any game and that is a hill I'm going to die on.

"A Switch port definitely is/ isn't happening"
Of course it is. :upsidedown:

"Quoting Black Tar"
"Hello…? Is this thing on? Am I all alone?"

And not a favorite but:
"X fans are depressed/ suicidal"-jokes
Is...is that really a thing? Thats messed up.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I'm sorry. I forgot.:crying:
. . .Forgot what?

And not a favorite but:
"X fans are depressed/ suicidal"-jokes
Is...is that really a thing? Thats messed up.
Ah, I probably should've been more clear about that one in how I worded it. What I meant by that is X fans are portrayed as either of those things in reaction to how the game has been treated officially, and not in general.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Ah, I probably should've been more clear about that one in how I worded it. What I meant by that is X fans are portrayed as either of those things in reaction to how the game has been treated officially, and not in general.
I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
My fellow X fans, I present you a crumb of noteworthy acknowledgement:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

A snipped of Sawano himself playing Piano X3, posted just yesterday.
Thanks for sharing. It sounds really nice.

btw apparently an insider says something about a possible nintendo direct this month. Possibly includes the announcement of XC3
(not really counting on it, but who knows).

Edit: One of those insiders is apparently Samus Hunter...greaaaaat...

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Thanks for sharing. It sounds really nice.

btw apparently an insider says something about a possible nintendo direct this month. Possibly includes the announcement of XC3 (not really counting on it, but who knows).

Edit: One of those insiders is apparently Samus Hunter...greaaaaat...
And another one is (ugh) Zippo

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well, a Direct? Yes. But something for us specifically in this thread to be excited about? Nah.

At least some of the environments in 3 are kinda reminiscent of Mira. . .

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
A lot of the designs and themes of 3 are reminiscent of X. I think while it’ll conclude the timeline of 1 and 2, it’ll set the stage for a true X DE

heck even some of the enemies looked like Tyrants than UMs, there’s a more sci fi setting a la X, we could get really freakin huge UMs, which could mean the appendage destroying system could make a comeback

what if Melia and/or Nia create the Samaarians, the Ganglion, the other alien races that destroy Earth in X? I mean Uraya, the titan, is ****ing DEAD. It seems to imply the Mechonis sword killed it?
Maybe there’s also a kind of connection although subtle to Blades and BLADE.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
what if Melia and/or Nia create the Samaarians, the Ganglion, the other alien races that destroy Earth in X? I mean Uraya, the titan, is ****ing DEAD. It seems to imply the Mechonis sword killed it?
Maybe there’s also a kind of connection although subtle to Blades and BLADE.
gonna be preet hard for them to do as theyre probably long dead

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just had a revelation

you know how a Nopon in X has a trinket that resembles the Monado? Hell, Lin’s Monado hairpins???

maybe that’ll be set up to make sense in X somehow

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Finally, there it is. XC3 was definitely my favorite announcement tonight (although Mario Strikers was quite the shocker too). I'm already loving the designs of the main cast, but I hope there will be some surprises in terms of the main party (like an additional party member that is kept a secret).

The trailer gave me huge Infinity War vibes and...it was just amazing. Thats it. Thats all I can say as of now. :roll:

Just had a revelation

you know how a Nopon in X has a trinket that resembles the Monado? Hell, Lin’s Monado hairpins???

maybe that’ll be set up to make sense in X somehow
Wouldn't surprise me if theyre pulling a Kingdom Hearts ("That random x-shape on his clothes will help us to track down his location").

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Thinking about it more

maybe the X sub series (since we will get a sequel to X eventually) will be considered a separate subdivision of the Xenoblade series… like you got the mainline Xenoblade series (1, 2, Torna, 3) and then there’s the X series. Kinda like the Yoshi series in the scope of the greater Mario series

so yes, ESSENTIALLY a spin-off that can be distinguished but is still part of the larger Xenoblade universe if you will

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Hot take: we'll get a Xenoblade Chronicles X port either in the last year of the Switch, or the first year of the Switch's successor.

Given that it takes about an average of four years between the mainline releases of the Xeno games (1 in 2010, X in 2015, 2 in 2018, 3 in 2022), and that the remake of 1 occurred right between 2 & 3 (2020), it does seem like Nintendo wants to keep up the momentum of the series. With that in mind, I could see X being utilized to fill out the waning schedule of the Switch circa 2024, or an upscaled version being put out to show off the hardware of the Switch 2 around the same time. Thus there's XC3 now, XCX port in 2024, and presumably XC4 in 2026.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hot take: we'll get a Xenoblade Chronicles X port either in the last year of the Switch, or the first year of the Switch's successor.

Given that it takes about an average of four years between the mainline releases of the Xeno games (1 in 2010, X in 2015, 2 in 2018, 3 in 2022), and that the remake of 1 occurred right between 2 & 3 (2020), it does seem like Nintendo wants to keep up the momentum of the series. With that in mind, I could see X being utilized to fill out the waning schedule of the Switch circa 2024, or an upscaled version being put out to show off the hardware of the Switch 2 around the same time. Thus there's XC3 now, XCX port in 2024, and presumably XC4 in 2026.
Isn’t XC3 implied to be the last of the “mainline” XC though? Unless a hypothetical XC4 has absolutely no connection to 1, 2 or 3

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
At the very least, I think we'll see a notable title from Monolith Soft circa that time, even if it isn't necessarily Xenoblade. A XBX port on the new system prior to that would be a decent opportunity to let them get familiar with the hardware via a less risky release.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
With the closure of the Wii U eshop XCX is going to lose its data packs and its DLC missions
(with the latter only in the japanese version, as they are already on the disc everywhere else).
All the more reason to finally get a port of it on switch. I swear, if it has to stay on Wii U along with the HD Zelda ports... :crying:

Top Bottom