• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official WV Thread! (***NEWS AND ADDITIONS as of 2/29***)

The Oddity

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2681-0785-8316
Akekazori, I'm from Clarksburg. A few of my friends will be at that tourney, and will most likely dominate. Also, I'm happy to see a fellow GAW player.

beyond_the_grave

Smash Rookie
UPDATE ON THE TOURNEY: (Btw, this is Killaxmayne on Kyle's account. For some reason, the computer here at school will not let me delete the cookies so...)

This is bad news for anyone that considers themselves good at Melee. The controllers that we HAVE to use is the Wii-Nunchuk. Items may be on and none of the hidden characters are unlocked (that I know of). So in aside from metagame, everyone is literally on the same level. I would also suggest registering soon because I hear that a lot of spots are taken up already.

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
That would be true but the guy said that they are already half-way filled up in the spots (out of 64 so it is going to be massive).

We registered today (Jacob, Aaron, Zach, and I). Btw, the tourney starts at 10:00 instead of the release date.

Also, if you aren't 18, you need a parent/guardian's signiture (that is gay..) I figure that you guys and hopefully our group will stand out over there because the majority of people there are scrubs..

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else from these boards entering the tourney in Charleston, at the Trace Fork Gamestop?

That's the one I'm entered in. And I hope to win it!! ^_^

I don't expect the managers there will force us to use the Wii remote/Nunchuck. That would suck, and I doubt anyone would be able to play under those conidtions.

I'm hoping they will at least change that part of the rules and allow us to use Gamecube controllers (maybe they'll provide us with some, or those of us who've brought our own controllers can use them).

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
Afraid not. I talked to them on the phone earlier today and we have to use the Wii Nunchuk though I plan on bringing my GCN controller just in case. Even so, I am uberly pumped. All of us Smash boarders should try find each other there though it may be hard to do for those of us who have yet to meet (though I have met just about all of TC Crew and the Oddity)

Akekazori

Smash Rookie
Hey Lisa, never expected to see you here! This is Ranma, from the Tsubasacon forums. :D

I don't like the rules much myself, but I'm still gonna' give it a shot. Now I just gotta' figure out if the friend I'm staying with is participating, because if not, I won't be able to since he'd leave.

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
The rules are rather stupid, if you ask me. They did not give me a definite answer whether items will be on but the Wii/Nunchuk is absolutely stupid. Even with these rules, I figure that one of you guys would still win it because of your metagame. I am hoping Jacob will get there in time because he usually does very well in the 64-man tournament style but he will be late.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if all of TC is going. We're kind of pissed at the rules and don't really think we have a chance of winning.
LOL, speak for yourself. I'm almost sure I'm going to win this tournament.

Oh well, doesn't matter anyway since it was postponed. What's the plan now, then?

Akekazori's avatar = mindgames.
Edit: not anymore

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
We are thinking about doing the same thing. That is so ****ty that they cancelled it. We played our last bit of melee last night and attempted to record though Zach's program wouldn't work on his lap-top. I think I have improved a bit since you guys seen me play last.

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
No, he couldn't have been older than 13. If I am not mistaken, the same kid put out Hamsa, Aaron, Fran, and Jack. Of course, he was person that I know of that even knew the controls. That still blows that he won it.

The Oddity

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2681-0785-8316
Beverage won the tourney in Huntington. We couldn't even choose our own characters? That pissed me off.

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
Dude, that is ****ty. We got to choose our own characters but the rules for the tournament itself were rather dumb. We pretty much had to sit outside in the cold while people played their matches. There were also a lot of first round byes (though I didn't mind that too bad personally).

I still can't believe that a kid who has yet to go through puberty won it all. Btw, on our way over, we literally saw a DVD player being thrown from a car in front of us.

The Oddity

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2681-0785-8316
Lol, nice. Yeah, we still had random stage selection, one minute rounds, with all items on. We didn't have any byes though, and we got to stay inside and watch the matches, too.

beyond_the_grave

Smash Rookie
We stayed on Final Destination, which wasn't bad but the one minute rounds with items included was not very cool. After the first round was over, everyone was allowed inside. The worst part about seeing that little kid win was that he yelled so loudly just about after every win...

EDIT:

Oops. I keep forgetting that I am on Kyle's account. I am going to try to find a way to delete the cookies on this computer!

BeveRAGE

Smash Rookie
Yeah, the random characters helped me out some, even though I spent a good portion of the day learning how Pit plays. Some of the later people I played looked kind of upset at me, cause I spent the last 20-30 seconds running away after I got a kill.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
The worst part about seeing that little kid win was that he yelled so loudly just about after every win...
Haha yeah seriously, that kid was annoying. I don't really mind that I lost so much, especially because I was ineligible to win in the first place, it's just the way I lost was terrible. But it was still pretty fun, Justin on bawls is just generally hilarious, and it was fun watching the TC and the Madison matches. Hopefully we'll be able to get a more serious tournament going sometime.

Freshman09

Smash Rookie
It would have been better if the tourney was actually before the game came out here...(Charleston, WV)...some people had a good 4-5 hours (or more...if they had actually gotten it the night before) of practice in, while most of the people there had under 20 mins >.<

Edit: I'm Cut.

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
My hands were shaking like hell. I bet that one dude I played was freaking out because I decided to do some stretches before the match.

We are trying to do something for Brawl this Friday but it won't start late because of our school dance. (Aaron's idea simply because all of the girls at our school think he is "cute" and he gets to airhump them)

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
Lol, Aaron is.

It is simply terrible how much the girls like him. Btw, we are having matches during our lunch today so we will get to see who is the best. Aaron beat Jacob on WiFi last night but it had around a two or three second lag so we couldn't really tell who was better.

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
I will probably have my friend code up tonight. I would have it right now but my mom accidently threw away the paper I wrote it down on.

BTW, we should have some vids up by tonight of Kyle (Samus, Zelda, and Snake), Ian (MK), and I (Wolf). I think there is one video where I do my "wolf call" around six times...

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
Ded?

I would apologize for the triple post but no one has posted and I felt obliged to bump the thread. Zach uploaded another video though I can't get the link while I am at school. (He really needs to post my videos).

Btw, we have been playing at school lately and we have been straight dominating all of kids there.

jimethn

Smash Rookie
I play with a fairly large (~15) group of decent/good players in Morgantown. Looking to find other smashers in the area and hopefully start up a local community. Between the lot of us we have locations all around town to meet people and smash it up. Enough interest could start some tournaments.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
alright WV i dunno if y'all seen this yeat however there were mad ppl from WV invading our thread a few months ago wanting a tourney in PITTSBUGRH since we're so close well....

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=146802

melee and brawl(so we cover all interests)

check out the confirmation list. we have good OOS participation already so show some love for the largest tourney in west PA.

thx again to WV guys who posted in pittsburgh thread looking for a tourney they kinda got us started.

<3 and peece

Corigames

Smash Hero
Hey WV. I have Brawl, so I guess if you want to play my over campy pt, you can PM me for my code. I'm having problems with playing online though, so it may be a while before I can play.

Good to see WV with a scene still. Peace

Top Bottom