• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official WV Thread! (***NEWS AND ADDITIONS as of 2/29***)

Corigames

Smash Hero
Needs explanation or link to an explaination. Probably a maybe, but most certainly a ride will be required.

Yes/No on that?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
After school at GWHS on wednesdays = smash club, starts around 3:15 and usually goes until 5 or so (sometimes later).

Corigames

Smash Hero
Oh.... George Washington High School?

Still a **** long walk for me. Can someone pleeeeeeease give me a ride. Pay for gas?

Corigames

Smash Hero
Sorry guys, my Grandparents stopped in to take us out to eat at the same time you called. So... I SWEAR that I'm open (as far as no one making scheduled stops at my house) for the rest of the week. Today would be preferable.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
You should probably add the 12 new TC members to the list. I'll have to make a thread about that soon.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
Is anyone going to the midnight release in Morgantown??
Because i'm going and they said they probably might have a brawl tourny. since i already have the game i have a unfair advantage

The Oddity

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2681-0785-8316
I'll be in Huntington, but we need to get everybody's wii+friend codes up on the main page, or something whenever the game comes out.

Also, who here has an xbox 360? My friends and I have been thinking that we can set up a voice chat on the 360, while playing Brawl, since the Wii doesn't have it. So, if you think that's also a good idea, maybe we can put up our gamertags as well.

BeveRAGE

Smash Rookie
Agreed. I plan on putting my codes on here and Facebook sometime that day. Also, I want to get some people over Friday evening to play. Probably just friendlies.

Also, for people without 360s that want voice chat. You can always use a computer program like Ventrilo or Teamspeak.

balladechina212

Smash Ace
I was wondering if any of you guys in Morgantown would like to host a SSBM tournament in Morgantown before Brawl comes out. I will help run the tournament if you guys can find a location and a few setups (we'll bring some too). We'll probably be able to convince the Pittsburgh guys to come down too.

The Oddity

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2681-0785-8316
If you get a date out soon enough for that Morgantown tourney, I might be able to go.

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
We have all but forgotten about Smash here in Madison though I think that everyone here is pumped beyond belief for Brawl. I would almost gurantee that there will be some sort Smash fest at my Dad's on the Friday after it is released.

Btw, that sucks that none of us won our sections in the AP Gov. competition. I wouldn't be too surprised if we (Scott High School) are never invited back again because of some of the stuff we did, lol. (A lot of yelling and throwing...)

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
Just to let everyone know, I reserved Brawl at Gamestop the other day.

So I'm definitely gonna have the game on the day it comes out. :)

By the way, have I missed anything? I doubt it, since there isn't anyone near me who's into Smash. >_<

not_corey

Smash Cadet
Hey, I've never really been into the competitive scene until recently... but I live in Huntington and go to Marshall and would love to meet some new people to smash with.

The Oddity

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2681-0785-8316
Yeah, not_corey, just PM me if you want my number or anything, Bev and I might be able to set something up.

Crossjeremiah

Smash Ace
Hey can someone take the morgantown tourney right next to Gabes or the one thats not at the gamestop at the mall. If you go, i'll probably might slaughter ya depends if you played brawl as much as i have. I need to know if you have to use the classic controller or gc or w/e

PokemonTrainerLisa

Smash Apprentice
Hehehehe....

I just found out there's gonna be a Brawl tournament at Gamestop (the one at Southridge), when Brawl comes out on March 9th.

I am definitely gonna enter that tournament, since I only live 10 minutes from there!! XD :chuckle:

*sigh*

I just wish I knew some people from the Charleston/Kanawha City area. Cause I would really, really like to have someone to practice with! And playing against those computer opponents is no competition at all....

It'd be awesome if this thing was gonna be a team Melee tournament. Though, it's probably gonna be a 1-on-1 thing. ^^;

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
You can change your computers to level 9. Then they're much more challenging.

But yeah, I have a feeling TC is going to have to enter that tournament, so it should be solid. I'm calling out FFA, items, any stage, though.

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
HEY im kinda lost here, can someone please tell me some times and locations. Me and my friend live in Hurricane WV like 15 mins from charleston, so i could come to a few venues or what ever u wanna call them. just like email me at CactuarzRok@aol.com please. i really would love to come to sumthing.

Rizzle1110

Smash Cadet
i live in hurricane, and I wish there would be more brawl tourneys in Charleston cause I live 20 min from there.

Rizzle1110

Smash Cadet
i live in hurricane, and I wish there would be more brawl tourneys in Charleston cause I live 20 min from there.

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
Madison will be going to the Brawl tourney at GameStop. I know that Jacob, Zach (he played as Jiggly the last time you guys played him which was nearly a year ago but he has improved quite a bit since then with Falco), my little brother (he used Yoshi/Falco the last time you played him), and I will be there.

I am going to try to get Kyle to come but he lives a pretty good distance away but you never know. We should try to get some GH3 going on too. Chris has improved a pretty good amount and is number one on 69 songs beat on PS2 (though he needs to beat TTFATF).

Btw, I am going to start posting on a new account because I don't really like my current account.

C-Dizzle

Smash Apprentice
Madison will be going to the Brawl tourney at GameStop. I know that Jacob, Zach (he played as Jiggly the last time you guys played him which was nearly a year ago but he has improved quite a bit since then with Falco), my little brother (he used Yoshi/Falco the last time you played him), and I will be there.

I am going to try to get Kyle to come but he lives a pretty good distance away but you never know. We should try to get some GH3 going on too. Chris has improved a pretty good amount and is number one on 69 songs beat on PS2 (though he needs to beat TTFATF).

Btw, I am going to start posting on a new account because I don't really like my current account.
where Exactly is Madison? cuz id like to go to a touney, of any kind.

XD oh nevermind, kinda to far for now. seeing as i cant drive.

balladechina212

Smash Ace
C and R (from Hurricane), you guys are welcome to come up here to Charleston to smash ANY TIME. Let me get your cell numbers of AIM s/ns (PM me) nd maybe we can do something before Brawl comes out.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
We should try to get some GH3 going on too. Chris has improved a pretty good amount and is number one on 69 songs beat on PS2 (though he needs to beat TTFATF).
Yeah, I'm definitely up for that. I haven't played 3 for a while, but I'm probably still dominant at it. Just wondering though, what do you mean by "[he] is number one on 69 songs beat on PS2 "?

balladechina212

Smash Ace
As in, out of all the people who have only beaten 69 songs in GH3 on PS2 (because of TTFAF), he has the highest combined score in those 69 songs.

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
Correct.

He and a couple of other players in our area aren't too bad at GH3 (someone actually can beat TFTATF). What new characters do you guys plan on using? I hear Toon Link isn't bad and I like Wolf so those are who I am going to lean towards playing. I would like Meta Knight but he apparently doesn't have too much in terms of the KO department.

The Oddity

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2681-0785-8316
I'm probably going to hit up the tourney in Barboursville. I'm definitely going to be using GAW and probably Kirby, Bowser, and maybe some PT.

Akekazori

Smash Rookie
Sweet, a WV topic! I'm in Clarksburg myself! :D

I wonder if I know anyone here....

Anyways, anyone here gonna' be at the Gamestop tourney at New Point Plaza? I'll probably be using Dedede for the tourney there.

As for mains, I was pretty awesome with Jigglypuff and G&W for Melee, so I figure I'll do the same for Brawl. I'm planning on focusing more exclusive on G&W now, though.

Top Bottom