• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official West Virginia Thread - Cilantro Smash 3 (July 19)

over30

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone! I posted our Saturday Scuffles RanBats event over in the Tournament board. I'd post you a link but I can't since I'm under 10 posts. If you're in the Morgantown area head on over Saturday and score some points for the season!

King Destro

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0748-3780-8151
Huntington smash tourney was a success! Gonna get with some of the dudes here at Marshall and try to get something solid established. Gonna be on a weekday too so it won't interfere with weekend tourneys.

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Huntington smash tourney was a success! Gonna get with some of the dudes here at Marshall and try to get something solid established. Gonna be on a weekday too so it won't interfere with weekend tourneys.
I was apart of this and it was super fun! :D

BHawksFan01

Smash Rookie
NNID
BHawksFan01
Hey everyone! I'm a freshman at WVU this year and a noob at competitive smash. I went to Fight Pitt 4 while I was still in high school up in Pittsburgh and had an amazing time even though I played like trash. I also met the awesome Krazy Knux briefly, I think you were in my pool (Mango's pool, aka the slowest pool ever). I'd like to at least play with some humans to try to improve, even if it isn't tourneys. Does anybody know about any get-togethers on or near campus? I did see Saturday Scruffles and I'll have to at least check it out after football season.

AaronScaring

Smash Apprentice
Welcome! Are you apart of the facebook page? If you are, I think there are some people that get together in Stalnaker Hall, and then yes of course there is Scuffles.
Oh and btw, booooo to the Blackhawks. Go Bruins!

BHawksFan01

Smash Rookie
NNID
BHawksFan01
Thanks! I joined around the time I posted, ya.

You wouldn't believe the **** I got a FP4 since it was the first round of the playoffs and the Hawks went down 0-2 to St. Louis that day, haha.

AaronScaring

Smash Apprentice
Thanks! I joined around the time I posted, ya.

You wouldn't believe the **** I got a FP4 since it was the first round of the playoffs and the Hawks went down 0-2 to St. Louis that day, haha.
Nah hahaha The Blackhawks are pruy good. I usually just **** talk any team that isn't the Bruins lmfao

over30

Smash Cadet
Looks like we'll have a stream setup for Scuffles in Morgantown this weekend. I'll try to get the link out to the Facebook group and on here if I can.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! I'm a freshman at WVU this year and a noob at competitive smash. I went to Fight Pitt 4 while I was still in high school up in Pittsburgh and had an amazing time even though I played like trash. I also met the awesome Krazy Knux briefly, I think you were in my pool (Mango's pool, aka the slowest pool ever). I'd like to at least play with some humans to try to improve, even if it isn't tourneys. Does anybody know about any get-togethers on or near campus? I did see Saturday Scruffles and I'll have to at least check it out after football season.
Good looks my man, I remember! That was indeed me in your pool. Glad you'll get integrated with the WVU folk. I should make a visit up there sometime, and will definitely check out Scuffles as well. Hopefully we can get a rematch!

Like Aaron said, they have get-togethers in Stalnaker/Dadisman mainly I believe. Ask around on the WV Smash page, and you should get more info.

Quail93

Smash Rookie
Hello guys. I'm from Harpers Ferry but it seems that the majority of WV smash players are on the other side of the state. Is there any place that i could play competitive level melee thats no more than an hour from Harpers Ferry?

over30

Smash Cadet
Hey Quail, you're like 40 minutes south of Hagerstown. I know there will be an even there this weekend (Aftershock) so you may want to check out the Maryland threads.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Hello guys. I'm from Harpers Ferry but it seems that the majority of WV smash players are on the other side of the state. Is there any place that i could play competitive level melee thats no more than an hour from Harpers Ferry?
Yeah, it's too bad but the closest WV scene is probably in Morgantown, which is a couple hours away. You'd definitely be better off looking near Baltimore, Fairfax, and DC. On the plus side, those scenes are pretty big/active.

Quail93

Smash Rookie
Hey Quail, you're like 40 minutes south of Hagerstown. I know there will be an even there this weekend (Aftershock) so you may want to check out the Maryland threads.
I used to live in Hagerstown actually. I heard about this event but sadly i work all day this saturday.
@ KrazyKnux KrazyKnux I've heard a lot about baltimores scene but not DC. I'll definitely check dc out. I'll stop by morgantown in the near future hopefully.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Alright! So I finally updated this thread with High Elevation featured as our event. I imagine we'll see at least 40 entrants, with the possibility of 50 or more if we can get some Cincinnati/Columbus and PGH fools to come out. Let's make this happen! Gotta show everyone what WV smash is about.

Also @ garm993 garm993 , do you know when you might wanna hold a bigger tournament at the 4HM? (And by bigger, I mean we're gonna have a stream, both games with doubles, PGH attendance, and no store credit prizes.) I really want Charleston/Beckley to make a trip up there soon.

And @7dogguy, do you guys know when War of the Roses 2 will happen? I'm looking forward to that, as well.

over30

Smash Cadet
Also @ garm993 garm993 , do you know when you might wanna hold a bigger tournament at the 4HM? (And by bigger, I mean we're gonna have a stream, both games with doubles, PGH attendance, and no store credit prizes.) I really want Charleston/Beckley to make a trip up there soon.
We only do store credit for our weeklies because people are coming back every week and most of us also play other games at the store (Magic, etc). I've informed everyone they can cash out whenever they want and I'll handle it for them and the only people with a large surplus of credit right now are timKO and hamza (we had one guy come out from Hagerstown a couple weeks ago and win PM and I cashed him out immediately). This lets people pay with their cards and stuff instead of just cash. I've also talked to the owner and he has absolutely no problems with us running cash-only tournaments 'cause he understands people coming from out of town don't want store credit, so it won't be a problem for larger events.

If our players prefer for future weekly events I'll gladly run cash only. Just lemme know!

lami

Smash Journeyman
@ KrazyKnux KrazyKnux hey man, WotR TO here, thinking about having it sometime in December/January should everything go smoothly. Since my base of operations is Baltimore for the school year I kinda need to do things on break and stuff, but we'll let you guys know when we get a date and stuff set up.

over30

Smash Cadet
If you're free this Saturday and around Morgantown, don't forget to stop by the mall and grab some cake and some games at the final event of the season in the Saturday Scuffles RanBats series!

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Updated to include War of the Roses 2. Not sure if there's a smashboards thread or not, but I'll update that later when I know all the details. Also removed the player list and just linked to the directory instead.

MadeYouLook

Smash Cadet
from wheeling

gonna try to learn melee through netplay and hopefully make it to a tourney one day

I play starcraft,dota,streetfighter reasonably well so Im used to learning difficult games . really liking smash so far apex was hype

Top Bottom