• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official West Virginia Thread - Cilantro Smash 3 (July 19)

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Ok, well I decided to take it into my own hands and create a West Virginia thread, as the other one is pretty dead and the thread maker no longer lives here. If you want to keep up-to-date, also check out our Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/408805205918060/

If you're interested where to find people near you, here's the WV smash directory. It's not complete, so you may want to drop by our Facebook group as well for more info.

WV Smash Directory:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ObPplCtUGXVpSTjB0ie6WSdYBwJ6qvprFvpvP-Uswfk/edit#gid=0

Upcoming Events:
(Melee, Feb 28, 2015) Smashtown (Morgantown, WV) Check the Facebook group for more information (only open to WV residents AFAIK)

Regular Events:
http://smashboards.com/threads/jun-...os-locals-at-afk-games-cross-lanes-wv.357086/
We have a weekly Melee/PM series hosted in Cross Lanes, WV, starting every Friday at 7:30pm. It alternates between Melee and PM each week, so be sure to check the thread to find out what game is hosted! We've also added Smash 4 to the rotation, so that's held alongside the tournaments every now and then.

http://smashboards.com/threads/oct-4-2014-saturday-scuffles-local-ranbats-melee-pm-morgantown-wv.365653/
Saturday Scuffles is a weekly event held in Morgantown, WV. They host PM and Melee singles, and will add doubles if there's enough interest.

Anyway, post here if you live in or around WV, if you want to chat, ask questions, or let me know if you're interested in going to smashfests/tournaments. Let's generate some hype for WV! Unfortunately, most players here don't have an account or rarely post, but hopefully someday we'll find other players in WV who actually have smashboards accounts lol.

We've been expanding quickly, so be sure to check our Facebook group to get in on the action. If there are any events in WV that you'd like to advertise or get started up, let me know and we can make it happen!

Last edited:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
West Virginia is pretty horrendous. We have a dominant scene up at WVU, yet no one ever posts on smashboards -.-

Anyway, people need to visit to get thrashed by us. Anyone interested in Biweekly/Monthly tournaments?

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
From Pittsburgh. Would be willing to bring some guys down once a month, maybe twice a month. But it will be tough during the school year even on weekends cause I work.

Saw you at /hope. Props on beating The Lake. I sucked but am getting better and main Jiggs. The best of my friends is prob the peach that lost to The Lake before he fought you.

But my group of friends is just starting to go to Pittsburgh weeklies so we're getting better. And I am sure that we could get some other guys to come down. Maybe taki, vudu, thelake, nakamaru, cobalt, and new guys.

Try to set up a venue if you can and toss up potential times that this could go down. Pittsburgh weeklies are Friday midday to midnight. It would probably be best to not schedule over this time unless you're holding a tourny

How does that sound? Oh and what is your name???

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
From Pittsburgh. Would be willing to bring some guys down once a month, maybe twice a month. But it will be tough during the school year even on weekends cause I work.

Saw you at /hope. Props on beating The Lake. I sucked but am getting better and main Jiggs. The best of my friends is prob the peach that lost to The Lake before he fought you.

But my group of friends is just starting to go to Pittsburgh weeklies so we're getting better. And I am sure that we could get some other guys to come down. Maybe taki, vudu, thelake, nakamaru, cobalt, and new guys.

Try to set up a venue if you can and toss up potential times that this could go down. Pittsburgh weeklies are Friday midday to midnight. It would probably be best to not schedule over this time unless you're holding a tourny

How does that sound? Oh and what is your name???
Awesome, that would work out really well. We smash mainly on weekends (though we can make any day of the week a good day to smash by foregoing all homework that night). So Saturday's sound like they would be perfect. There's a lounge here that we use to smash, and we have 2 setups we use to smash, and we could possibly bring in a 3rd setup, though we might need another gamecube/copy of smash. It can comfortably hold 15 or so people (probably more if we needed it), so it works out just fine.

But yeah, head up any weekend. Just let me know beforehand and we can make the proper arrangements. That'd be awesome to see you guys up here, and hopefully if we get nice-sized smashfests, we could get some guys from MD/VA to head up for a tournament.

Anyway, my name is Fran (or Francis, whatever you prefer, I don't really care lol). And I'll put my phone number in the OP in case you or anyone needs to contact me. I hope to see you guys down here sometime! And hopefully we can roll up for one of those Friday smashfests, as well.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
My name is Steve. Yeah mine is 724-681-2527. Feel free to text me anytime at all about the upcoming weekends in the future. I think Pittsburgh melee scene has about 25 or so people, it just comes down to who's busy and if people are up for travelling for smash after smashing 10 hours the day before. I definitely think this could happen a few times tho before Christmas break and then more once everyone's off for school.

I mentioned it to one or two guys and they wanted you folks to travel up here as well. I will try to get more people to post in this thread. but everyone posts on the pittsburgh one which is trolld now and says its BRAWL and the title is Official poetry LoL WoW but we talk smash. No one plays brawl. Try to get some folks from morgantown or wherever to post here and jumpstart this thread and hopefully people will look at it more regularly.

I am busy this weekend and the next I will be on the west coast. But after that Ill look into travelling down. Only problem for me is that I work Saturdays and Sundays 12 hours each. So I will need to figure something out

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
So I forgot to put my number in the thread when i said that lol, but it's there now. So let me know anytime if it'll work out and we'll make it work. And if weekends don't work, you can honestly head up anytime during the week. We generally smash late into the evening so we'll have plenty of time, unless we have some type of test or something coming up (like this week), but just let me know and I'll keep you updated with when's good.

Haha yeah I tried posting in the pittbsurgh thread, but it got kind of hard to follow lol. But I did figure out they had friday smashfests, so we'll definitely have to head up there sometime (hopefully within the next month, depending on if we go to any tournaments).

And even though our smash scene is pretty legit, like no one posts on smashboards (though most of them have seldom-used accounts.) I'll try and get them to start posting a bit to gather up some more interest.

AwesomeEevee

Smash Rookie
*obligatory forum post*

So, yeah, I'm Chip. I play a horrendous Falco that still can't waveshine backwards ><

Happy Fran?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
*obligatory forum post*

So, yeah, I'm Chip. I play a horrendous Falco that still can't waveshine backwards ><

Happy Fran?
You don't have to waveshine backwards. You just need to have mindgames. ;P

But you can do it. : D

AwesomeEevee

Smash Rookie
You don't have to waveshine backwards. You just need to have mindgames. ;P

But you can do it. : D
If by mindgames you mean trying to convince Fran that my goal is to follow a shine with double b-airs, then I've got it down. XD

Otherwise... x_x
I try! That counts, right?

Also, the Smash scene at WVU is legit. We're busy like everyone else, but I know quite a few of us are interested in hosting/attending various events, and we're always smashing. I could definitely appreciate mixing it up with other people. KrazyKnux and Dr. Grip are considerably better than I am, so I need someone a little bit more on my level to practice my offensive skills. (I've gotten pretty good at teching and smash DI. After getting hit as often as I do, you pick it up pretty quickly...) Regardless of skill level, I've never really played with anyone but those two and Husband, so it would be nice to see other play styles.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Take it from me, Chip can tech just about any move that you throw at him and that is tech-able, lol. Once you start practicing those gosh darn items i wrote down for you, you're going to be real legit.

imo.

Oh, and we need to do a round-robin tournament of sorts so we can get a more accurate idea of our "power rankings." Though they look solid already.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
In all honesty though, me and Dr. Grip have some of the best EC foxes without a doubt. We're totally revolutionizing his metagame. I can't wait to crash a few tournaments and get known real quick.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
How far are you guys from Philadelphia? LOL.

I know Pittsburgh is like around 4 hours or so...

Basically it would be cool to play you guys here, and vice versa.

(I'm going to host Philly Melee tournaments in the near future)

Of course, I'm sure if something like that would go down, we or you guys would deff need housing. (And rides lol)

I myself have to mature in the aspect of getting a license, an apartment (for housing), and a car. LOL

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's about 5 hours or so from here to Philly. Though I wouldn't mind heading up there sometime for a decent-sized tournament. But yeah, that'd def. be cool for you guys to roll down here, or if you guys host a tournament and we head up there. I just want to dom. some melee, imo.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
In all honesty though, me and Dr. Grip have some of the best EC foxes without a doubt. We're totally revolutionizing his metagame. I can't wait to crash a few tournaments and get known real quick.
Speaking of which, I think me and Dr. Grip totally outclass SilentWolf (Silent Wolf) and Eggz.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, it's about 5 hours or so from here to Philly. Though I wouldn't mind heading up there sometime for a decent-sized tournament. But yeah, that'd def. be cool for you guys to roll down here, or if you guys host a tournament and we head up there. I just want to dom. some melee, imo.
And we would be glad to have you all over. : D Yeah there would prolly be like around 30 people. : D

And it would be cool for us to roll up there too (once one of us gets a car lol)

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Lol come out and show it then, I've seen you posting forever and you never go to ****!

<3

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
You can blame Husband for that, lol.

I'll be wrecking tournaments asap.

The Cape

Smash Master
I am going to be driving back from Arizona starting on Friday. I may be able to swing in here if someone wants to smash and house me.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I am going to be driving back from Arizona starting on Friday. I may be able to swing in here if someone wants to smash and house me.
Oh nice, you're driving to WV from Arizona? Lol, why are you doing that? If you stop by Morgantown, we'll definitely have to smash and i'm sure we can get your housing situation covered.

you east coasters and your wacky mythology :3

-eggz
haha just jokes. I just like to create some controversy just to spark some discussion haha. Though I hope to play you guys at ROM3 =D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm going to rom3. Well, I'm prolly gonna get housed by DJN but I dunno about rides from and to his house xD

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
So apparently there's another group of smashers located around here...I'm going to have to find them.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yes, you do that. : D I wanted to let you guys know that my tourny for Philly is confirmed for the 13th of November. My friend might be able to house only like two people though lol.

If not Maybe we'll see you at Rom3. : D

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yes, you do that. : D I wanted to let you guys know that my tourny for Philly is confirmed for the 13th of November. My friend might be able to house only like two people though lol.

If not Maybe we'll see you at Rom3. : D
The 13th sounds graaaaaaaaaaaaaaand. My crew and I will be there.

:3 :3 :3

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Whoa whoa, KrazyKnux I sent you an important PM. (well it kinda says the same thing lol I just instantly pm'd you from seeing your post : ])

Yeah, it's about how my tourny won't be on the 13th anymore : [ (I JUST caught this)

The date will have to move. Problem with disclaimer. I'll update you guys with a new date, should be on in early or mid december. I should know by tommorow.

Now I have said, that I will give the Church a second chance. If it happens again, I'll just use uPenn for effenciency.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Oh thanks for the heads up. Alright I'll watch out for that thread and i'll let you know if the new date is good. As for good dates, I'm not really sure yet what works, with finals coming up and all.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Man I didn't notice this thread because of the tag thing xD. Remember to put a Melee tag in yourself. : D

Yeah you are welcome. I will deff update you with a new date. It sort of stunted my willingness to try other places, but I re-thought that and I'll have to always look up with my options, I just want a good reliable, venue. xD (I'm thinking of just doing Upenn) : ]

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
You're about 1.5 hours away from us in Morgantown, so it's not especially close but not terrible either. You're always welcome to come on down, we have plenty of players there and we're up for smashfests pretty much anytime. Just give me a heads up! =D

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
psssst hey guys, you really should think about coming to that NC tourney.

some of AL is thinking about coming up, there'll be a lot of NC, including PP, we're hopeful about NY coming in, VA is definitely interested, GA sounds like they'll be in the building, and i'm pretty sure MD/VA should make the trip as well.

i'd be pretty excited if a car from charleston/any WVA came.

also, theres 20 bucks in it for whoever travels the farthest. not sure how far it'd be for you, but ik alabama is a good 7 hours.

in any case, we've got a nice sized venue, and i think it'd be really cool to meet some of you here.

if not, guess i'd see you at *pound* 5

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yo guys. I wanted to let you guys know that my tournie is confirmed for the 12th of Febuary (Philly). It's in upenn.

Sorry about the cancel last time. : [

Anyways, just letting you guys know!

And it's free venue fee! Whoo hoo! Hehe. :3

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Yo guys. I wanted to let you guys know that my tournie is confirmed for the 12th of Febuary (Philly). It's in upenn.

Sorry about the cancel last time. : [

Anyways, just letting you guys know!

And it's free venue fee! Whoo hoo! Hehe. :3
You gotta link for the tourney?

Also WV players check my link for my tourney this weekend, its gonna be awesome :D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You gotta link for the tourney?

Also WV players check my link for my tourney this weekend, its gonna be awesome :D
Urp, my bad. xD I would have given one. Funny, I didn't see an alert for this thread in my user cp.

I'll make sure to post the link for the next MAD, and I'll have a sig for it too. : D (Made by me)

It should be in april. : ]

Top Bottom