• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official West Virginia Thread - Cilantro Smash 3 (July 19)

Lazy M Bones

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2750-2081-2981
Any smashers in the Huntington, WV area? As of now, I'm playing a lot of Project M.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
We have a few people in Charleston which isn't too terribly far from Charleston, though it may pose a problem if you can't travel. I sometimes make trips to Huntington, and I'm a Melee player myself, though I'm down to play some Project M. If you have a Facebook account, check out our WV group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/408805205918060/

Do you go to Marshall by any chance? They may have groups that get together and play some type of smash sometimes. Or at least they used to.

Lazy M Bones

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2750-2081-2981
I got a vehicle, so not really. I'm a fan of all the smash games. I just picked up Project M cause I saw it on streams. I actually sent a request on the Facebook page. No I currently don't go to Marshall, but I have a couple people at my work. I haven't to challenge them yet.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
lmao I just realized I said:
We have a few people in Charleston which isn't too terribly far from Charleston, though it may pose a problem if you can't travel.
That's funny, and I won't edit it for hilarity's sake.

Pretzels

Smash Rookie
Well I'll be damned, there are Smashers here! I'm relatively new to the competitive scene, I've been practicing for a couple months now, but I only just found this thread. I wonder if there's anybody closer than Morgantown who's lurking here... hmm... But yeah, I should drive out to Morgantown sometime to Smash with you guys! Maybe when it's not so damn cold, tho.

7dogguy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2466-2487-7066
Ok, well I decided to take it into my own hands and create a West Virginia thread, as the other one is pretty dead and the thread maker no longer lives here. If you want to keep up-to-date, also check out our Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/408805205918060/

Long story short, the WV smash scene is hilarious at times. Without further ado, here's a list of players in WV:

Morgantown, WV (school year)
1. Byped :marth:
2. Chippo :falco:
3. Shiva :sheik: :marth:
4. Nathan :peach:
5. Shake :fox:
About 5 or so other WVU players

Charleston, WV (all year)
1. KrazyKnux :fox:
2. KrazyKrox :fox:
3. AaronScaring :falco:

If you want to be added, let me know! Tell me who you main and where you're located and I'll add you ASAP.

Anyway, post here if you live in or around WV, if you want to chat, ask questions, or let me know if you're interested in going to smashfests/tournaments. Let's generate some hype for WV! Unfortunately, most players here don't have an account or rarely post, but hopefully someday we'll find other players in WV who actually have smashboards accounts lol.

For 2014, the agenda is me and KrazyKrox are going to try and actually attend an appreciable amount of tournaments, and we'll probably get national recognition shortly.

If you need my number, PM me! =D
Id like to be added Dogguy Weirton Marth main

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Got it. Where are all the southern WV smashers at?! There used to be a couple separate groups of them...

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
I've got a little bit of a scene going here in the northern panhandle (wheeling area)/ohio. It's just weeklies with friends right now, but we're getting pretty good and finding new people that play around here every day it seems. Don't really feel like going to Motown/Charleston just to play a few games, but if anyone hosts a legit tournament any time, I'm so there.

mynameisdog4

Smash Apprentice
I've got a little bit of a scene going here in the northern panhandle (wheeling area)/ohio. It's just weeklies with friends right now, but we're getting pretty good and finding new people that play around here every day it seems. Don't really feel like going to Motown/Charleston just to play a few games, but if anyone hosts a legit tournament any time, I'm so there.
Woah wait what ? People play in Wheeling? I need in on this.

Last edited:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yeah that's pretty far from us, but it seems like we might be able to look into hosting tournaments around Morgantown. You should go to Fight Pitt 4 in Pittsburgh on April 19. I think attendance will be 100+, and a lot of us WV folk should be attending.

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that's pretty far from us, but it seems like we might be able to look into hosting tournaments around Morgantown. You should go to Fight Pitt 4 in Pittsburgh on April 19. I think attendance will be 100+, and a lot of us WV folk should be attending.
I was planning on it, but that Easter hype has me out of town :/ I'm definitely gonna get a few of the homies together and check out some Pittsburgh tournies soon though! Hope Carroll lets me shine his shoes.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yeah there are a few other Pittsburgh tournaments coming up too. I'm hoping to at least attend a few of them. I'm also watching out for OH tournaments as well.

Edit: Oh yeah, check out the Facebook group if you haven't already: https://www.facebook.com/groups/408805205918060/451306828334564/?notif_t=group_comment_reply We discuss tournaments we're looking at attending, and smashfests/get togethers. Seems like there's a decent number of people in northern WV, so you should be able to play with them at some point.

Last edited:

FlahFlahFlah

Smash Rookie
Haiii I'm Dogguy's friend. Im a sheik main also from weirton, hopefully i see some of you guys around sometime

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Awesome. Having a group of people is the best way to improve. If you want to go to the tournament in Pittsburgh on April 19 (Fight Pitt 4), then I'll meet you there, along with a bunch of other WV people!

Lazy M Bones

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2750-2081-2981
Awesome. Having a group of people is the best way to improve. If you want to go to the tournament in Pittsburgh on April 19 (Fight Pitt 4), then I'll meet you there, along with a bunch of other WV people!
While you guys are at Fight Pitt 4, I'm going to try my hand at the tourney in Morehead, KY.

lami

Smash Journeyman
yo, TS from Weirton here. I'm currently in Baltimore for school, but I'll be back for the summer, so let's play some time!

7dogguy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2466-2487-7066
Ok, well I decided to take it into my own hands and create a West Virginia thread, as the other one is pretty dead and the thread maker no longer lives here. If you want to keep up-to-date, also check out our Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/408805205918060/

Long story short, the WV smash scene is hilarious at times. Without further ado, here's a list of players in WV:

Morgantown, WV (school year)
1. Byped :marth:
2. Chippo :falco:
3. XFinal_FormX :sheik: :marth:
4. xPseudo_FormX:peach:
5. Shake :fox:
About 5 or so other WVU players

Charleston, WV (all year)
1. KrazyKnux :fox:
2. KrazyKrox :fox:
3. AaronScaring :falco:

Other:
1. Dogguy (Weirton) :marth:

If you want to be added, let me know! Tell me who you main and where you're located and I'll add you ASAP.

Anyway, post here if you live in or around WV, if you want to chat, ask questions, or let me know if you're interested in going to smashfests/tournaments. Let's generate some hype for WV! Unfortunately, most players here don't have an account or rarely post, but hopefully someday we'll find other players in WV who actually have smashboards accounts lol.

For 2014, the agenda is me and KrazyKrox are going to try and actually attend an appreciable amount of tournaments, and we'll probably get national recognition shortly.

If you need my number, PM me! =D
Hey my Friend FlahFlahFlah wanted to be on this list he's a shiek main also from weirton about as good as me he forgot to reply to the post he just commented XD
Hey my friend

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Added. Thanks for the heads up. I need a more comprehensive list so I can keep better track haha. I'm having trouble remember the names of the actual people & their associated tags. Cause now it seems like we actually have an appreciable number of players around the state.

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
Added. Thanks for the heads up. I need a more comprehensive list so I can keep better track haha. I'm having trouble remember the names of the actual people & their associated tags. Cause now it seems like we actually have an appreciable number of players around the state.
Soupeschleg - Luigi/Game and Watch main from Wheeling. Get me on that list, brotha

mynameisdog4

Smash Apprentice
Oh I'm not on the list. Dog - Pikachu/Marth main from Wheeling.

Last edited:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Charleston is all about fast, flashy Foxes. Alright guys thanks for all the info, I made all the recent additions. I know there are a few more I need to add, but I don't know who they are XD

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
haha yeah I noticed that myself when I realized the Fox didn't look quite right. Alright so we're in good shape for now.

Balance

The Boss
I regularly host small-medium size weekend smash gatherings at my place in downtown Charleston. I'm only just exploring the boards for the first time, so I'll throw out a request to the facebook page and hopefully we can get the ball rolling with contacts and meetups.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Oh sweet, yeah we could definitely get some stuff going. Especially with that place in Cross Lanes opening up and hosting Project M. We're mainly Melee players, so we're hoping to get that added too. What game(s) do you guys generally play?

Balance

The Boss
99% of the time we just play Melee. Sometimes a friend will bring Brawl and request some PM time, or my girlfriend will demand a little Mario Kart Double Dash action so she can show off lol.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Good stuff. Melee is where it's at. Are you guys interested in the competitive scene? If you're looking to get into the competitive scene, make sure to be using a CRT TV and an official gamecube controller. Those are prob the most important first steps (and a pitfall for many newer players). Would you guys be interested in attending tournaments? We have a competitive group in Charleston (a couple of us have been playing competitively for a while), so we should definitely get together sometime soon.

Also, there's apparently a PM tournament at AFK games this Friday in Cross Lanes. A few of us will probably be in attendance, and I'll bring Melee so we can hopefully play that. I wanna convert it to a Melee series XD

Balance

The Boss
Well I wish I could call us competitive, because we love the game and play it every time we're together, but we've only played each other, and none of us have ever learned/used adv tech skill besides basic short hops. 4 of our usually 6 player group recently moved to Morgantown and now only come in on the occasional weekend, with no signs of practicing in their free time. As far as I know, I'm the only one who got hungry and is actively trying to raise my skill with tech and combos. I just discovered this forum earlier this year, began watching tournaments, reading materials, and became inspired to learn. Got a tiny CRT and I've just been grinding it out solo in my free time and finally got my SHFFLs to a consistent place, but if you guys wanna play I'd love to join.

Yeah I'm gonna stop by AFK and see what's up there. What kind of performances do you expect?

Last edited:

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
haha ^^^this guy knows. But yeah it sounds like you're pretty interested in the competitive scene. Charleston, WV is a good place for that! Me and Krox have been playing competitively for a while, so we can give you plenty of pointers. And this do AaronScaring is the #1 prospect, so we have a beast crew. Keeping up with the scene and willingness to learn & practice new techniques is a huge step to getting better.

So yeah, we'll likely see you at AFK games tomorrow then, and we can all introduce ourselves. Also, if you want to eventually go to tournaments, we could organize some to go to this summer. I think we're aiming to attend a couple.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
So I guess I should fill us in on a couple minor updates. Last weekend, WV's very own Dogguy and Flahflahflah placed 3rd in teams at Tekko Tenkaichi Tournament in Pittsburgh. Also, KrazyKrox and I got 1st and 2nd, respectively, in the PM tournament held in Cross Lanes. There were 22 total entrants. This week I believe they'll be holding a Melee tournament at the same time, so hopefully even more people show up!

Also, April 19th is Fight Pitt 4. I except to see a decent number of WV representatives, so we're gonna have to take them by storm.

In the meantime we're still waiting on all the wobbly-do down in southern WV to pop up. Any day now, folks.

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
just short of a 3 hour drive for us northerners. Fridays are kinda tricky for me, but I'll definitely try to come out to one of these! If anyone's trying to pull some carpool shenanigans, I'll be happy to get a little group together.

AaronScaring

Smash Apprentice
I could probably house you one weekend if needed, would have to ask the rents. Just so you wouldn't have to drive so much in one day.

Top Bottom