• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official West Virginia Thread - Cilantro Smash 3 (July 19)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Philadelphia. It's for melee. (There are brawl tournies in philly too)

: D

.................. Dr. Grip? Did he go to Rom3? I remember playing some dr guy lol.

King Takashi

Smash Rookie
Lulz, there's nothing down here in southern WV. I have like three friends who are interested in a competitive scene, and we play with like eight or so other casuals, but that's it. We'd be willing to drive up for smashfests for practice, since it gets stale here.

We'd probably need a lot of practice to catch up to everyone in this thread, but we're fast learners :)

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Bump. So you guys know, I'll be hosting another Tourny on April 23rd. (Melee all day, Philadelphia Pa)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285483
I'm really interested in attending this, but it's a bit of a drive...I'll ask around in my crew to see what the interest is looking like

King Takashi said:
Lulz, there's nothing down here in southern WV. I have like three friends who are interested in a competitive scene, and we play with like eight or so other casuals, but that's it. We'd be willing to drive up for smashfests for practice, since it gets stale here.

We'd probably need a lot of practice to catch up to everyone in this thread, but we're fast learners
Hey, if you want to smash this week - we're in Charleston for spring break. You can definitely come up anytime and we can get some good training in for sure =D

Also, we smash all the time up at Morgantown, I know it's a bit of a drive from Princeton, but you're welcome to come whenever and we'll get a decent-sized smashfest going.

I would also recommend trying to drive down to G6 Monthlies in North Carolina, it's about a 3 hr drive from you guys, and those are pretty big so you could really get some good practice in. Hopefully I'll see you guys around and we can smash! That is, assuming you guys are melee players - unfortunately our brawl scene in WV is pretty much non-existent.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm really interested in attending this, but it's a bit of a drive...I'll ask around in my crew to see what the interest is looking like
ok bro awesome! Let me know. ;p

anything this weekend? i might just come to chill if you guys are smashing.... its only 2.5 hours
In Philly? There is, yeah. It's called Time of Smashing. It's for melee. It'll be smaller than 30 ppl but it'll have a lot of time for friendlies. : D

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
anything this weekend? i might just come to chill if you guys are smashing.... its only 2.5 hours
Yeah we're probably getting together this Saturday actually. It'll be nothing more than a smashfest, but you are more than welcome to come up. Unfortunately we're not all here this break, so there's just about 4 of us up here now.

So yeah, 2.5hrs is kind of a ways since you'll just be smashing with a few guys over here, but like I said you're definitely welcome, and I can provide housing if you need.

King Takashi

Smash Rookie

Hey, if you want to smash this week - we're in Charleston for spring break. You can definitely come up anytime and we can get some good training in for sure =D

Also, we smash all the time up at Morgantown, I know it's a bit of a drive from Princeton, but you're welcome to come whenever and we'll get a decent-sized smashfest going.

I would also recommend trying to drive down to G6 Monthlies in North Carolina, it's about a 3 hr drive from you guys, and those are pretty big so you could really get some good practice in. Hopefully I'll see you guys around and we can smash! That is, assuming you guys are melee players - unfortunately our brawl scene in WV is pretty much non-existent.
I dunno about my friends, but I already have outstanding obligations for this weekend, so I wouldn't be able to go : /

If you could get a smashfest going, we could probably drive up once a month or so. Depending on how big your crowd is I don't know if that's helpful or not lulz.

We'll definitely have to check those out- not too bad a drive, and we need the practice. Thanks for the heads up ^^. We're Melee players, but we also mess around with Project M.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I dunno about my friends, but I already have outstanding obligations for this weekend, so I wouldn't be able to go : /

If you could get a smashfest going, we could probably drive up once a month or so. Depending on how big your crowd is I don't know if that's helpful or not lulz.

We'll definitely have to check those out- not too bad a drive, and we need the practice. Thanks for the heads up ^^. We're Melee players, but we also mess around with Project M.
Alright man, no problem. It turns out we were pretty busy this week so I'm not sure if it could have worked out anyway. In any case, we'll be in Morgantown, WV until the school year ends (May 6th) but when we come back we'll probably be smashing in Charleston a lot. We'd love to have you guys come up, we could use some practice against other opponents, and I'm sure we could help you guys improve as well. I'd like WV to show up pretty strong at G6 Monthlies in the summer and get our names out there. I'm sure we can do it =D

Until then, practice up and we'll be training as well. I hope to get to smash with you guys soon!

King Takashi

Smash Rookie
So I'm here to happily announce me and two friends will be attending G6 Monthlies in May : )

Time for hardcore practice regimen a-go go

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Awesome man. Then in that case, me and my crew will probably meet you guys down there. We'll get some good matches in, then hopefully we can arrange to meet up some during the summer, or attend any other tournaments. Looking forward to it!

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
So I've decided I think SWF should power rank states imo. WV is looking like top 5 now, and I think we'll be moving up quick, esp. after G6.

Yeah, that's WV's breaking news for now.

King Takashi

Smash Rookie
>Be at G6
>Playing vs people, doing pretty good I guess; losing most friendlies but getting good practice
>Melee pools announced
>Same pool as Peepee
>my face

Sure is going hard on the first-timer, eh?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Haha yeah...that tends to happen first time around. But hey, I bet you'll be more prepared next time and you'll probably end up thrashing him.

Too bad I didn't make it to G6 with the rest of my crew...We had planned on going, but our ride ended up falling through. Are you guys planning on going to any more tournaments this summer? Or perhaps visit Charleston? I'm definitely trying to get the WV scene more in gear and I'd really like to get some training in with you guys. There's another upcoming Pittsburgh tournament and most likely another NC tournament coming up as well. Hopefully we can figure something out!

spedgod

Smash Rookie
Woah. Woah. Woah. I posted in a Dub V thread awhile ago and got no love. Been awhile since I was on here. But me and my buddy go to WVU also. Huge Brawl fans who have been looking for other people to play with.

I'll start checking up on this more often to see if people reply. But this is great. We're looking for a tourney to go to this summer.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
haha well you can definitely be WV's Brawl scene representative. Unfortunately, I don't play Brawl so I don't know much on the matter, but hopefully we can find some other WV Brawl players and maybe have a tournament at WVU for Melee + Brawl.

Klunker

Smash Rookie
(This is sped). Meh, me and my buddy both hate Melee after playing brawl for so long. We'll play the occasional n64. But we both cann't stand melee's style. But we'll have to meet up some time.

Need moar love in dub v.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
KrazyKlunker
looooooooool

you guys arent ready for THE KrazyKarroll!

needs to be a tourny soon. always enjoy seeing fran and friends move their foxes really fast.
LOL KrazyKlunker, what a good call. Haha you guys should definitely attend WVU, switch your main to Fox, and immediately be inducted into the Kraziness. We got KrazyKarroll for you and we'll have to think of something good for Johny haha.

I definitely hope to hold a couple tournaments at WVU next year, so hopefully we'll see you down there! If not we'll definitely have to roll up for Pittsburgh tournaments or just to hang out.

Oh and about G6:4, I definitely want to attend that. Only possible problem is that it may lie on the weekend right before school starts which would probably create some traveling issues. I'll look into it.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
@ King Takashi - If you're interested in coming up to Charleston, a decent amount of us will be in town August 8 - 19, so mostly anytime during that span we can smash. Just let me know! I really hope we can get some training in and spark the WV melee scene a bit.

I actually do play Fox.... :embarrass:
Legit! Now switch to Melee and you'll be all day haha

Hypnofish

Smash Rookie
Whats up guys, I just recently moved to Fairmont from Boise. I'm waiting on my copy of SSBM so I can practice up and hopefully go toe to toe with some of you soon!

I play Ganon & Marth.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Awesome, would you be down for traveling to Morgantown (WVU) during the school year? It's pretty darn close to Fairmont and we're pretty much going to have weekly smashfests, probably with 5+ guys usually. We'd definitely love to practice with you and continue to make WV the dominant force it's been known as.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
btw I want everyone to vote WV as "most technical state" in this years polls. I honestly don't think there's too much competition besides perhaps California (though our ratio is much better.)

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Legit, will definitely look around for people to attend. Quite possible we can get a full car to it.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
There seems to be an infinite influx of players in WV, but they all seem to disappear so rapidly...

lol

Anyways, school's starting up this coming week. We will be hosting tournies at WVU, and we'll also be attending tournaments as well (probably around Pittsburgh, MD/VA, or what have you.)

So feel free to post if you're interested, uninterested, or what have you. I just want to get a decent scene started up here, we certainly deserve it lol.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Well that's the last we'll ever hear from Hypnofish <_<

And probably King Takashi too...so much unrealized potential in this state lol.

Good thing KrazyKnux and KrazyKrox have enough potential for the whole state (and region, nonetheless)

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Hadn't made any solid plans for a tournament yet, but if there's interest we will most definitely hold one. We have plenty of players up here, and I'm sure some PA/OH people would come down as well. If we saw any MD/VA then we could get a good-sized tournament going.

Again, if anyone's interested let me know. It'll force myself to nail down a venue (we have plenty of options, just need to finalize any one of them.)

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
We will definitely look into that, is there a thread or anything that might be relevant for us?

Also everyone, i want to gauge tournament interest here in morgantown...post here to toss around dates or let me know if you'd be interested in attending

KrazyKrox

Smash Rookie
Knux, I have a question. Do you think ppl from pitt and md/va wouldnt wanna roll up to morgantown simply because they dont wanna get *****? I say we host a tournament 1 week after Shellshocked and see if anyone shows up (just to see if theyre not scurred). But in all honesty, id really like to see some legit smashers visiting us, since its tough for us to get to tournaments or monthlies, weeklies, or whatever with our horrendous situation with getting rides :(

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
More like.. you guys should just travel more. Gotta do whatcha gotta do.

I didn't even namesearch! But name a $ amount, baby.

KrazyKrox

Smash Rookie
Sup redd. Awesome, just made a smashboards account and i was tryin out the trash talk on it. I just felt like posting something volatile and seeing if id get a quick response, and you jumped right on it lol. Ive watched a couple of your matches and i like your fox and falco especially, saw you crash chaosknight around, and i think it would be fun to play you. MM $5 next time im at a tournament or smashfest at the same time that you are.

Met

Smash Ace
you guys have any recent vids up?
also there is a tournament at tech on the 5th you guys should try to make it. Because we all know that you guys in WV just want to be with us guys in VA.

Top Bottom