• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL VA Melee finder *Over 200 served! Yay!* updated 12/16/08

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
That's considering if I stay until Saturday *crosses fingers*

I'm REALLY scared of The_Doug though. G-reg: He lives in Norfolk now ^_^

O-NO

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo CA! (for lowlifes that dont know) Teh Bea
heh, i just moved from norfolk like 6 months ago. thats lame.
well anyhow, youll be here wed, right Redd? form what i here you have been to csticks and played him before. my house issent to far from his so you should be able to get here fine.

Texas Snyper

Smash Rookie
Texas Snyper - Arlington

im new to this and was hoping to find some places for smash fests and/or tournaments. Going to Chu's biweekly on the 21

Texas Snyper

Smash Rookie
texas - u any good? where do u live / how old are u? - pm me.
i'd say im a skilled casual player. im working on my wavedash now. i can already do the I-cancel thing (or whatever its called) pretty good. only gone up against 1 person who would actually give me a challenge though, so no real way to improve myself except by using handicaps and going against the computers.

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
i'd say im a skilled casual player. im working on my wavedash now. i can already do the I-cancel thing (or whatever its called) pretty good. only gone up against 1 person who would actually give me a challenge though, so no real way to improve myself except by using handicaps and going against the computers.
from my experience...comps actually make you worse...
but if you play on a sort of a low level...we should play...i just recently became any good...bizy wiped the floor with me...>.<....REMATCH....after i get a bit better...

Texas Snyper

Smash Rookie
but if you play on a sort of a low level...we should play...i just recently became any good...bizy wiped the floor with me...>.<....REMATCH....after i get a bit better...
Sure, IM me on AIM and maybe we can set something up. my AIM sn is Texas Snyper (shocker there eh?)

G4CE

Smash Rookie
I'm so psyched about the upcoming tourney *which takes place TOMORROW, OH THE SICKNESS* I've been practicing the same way the bird flu spreads, which is very fast. (That didn't make sense because I haven't slept in 24 hrs.) Can I have some people evaluate my Fox at some point tomorrow please? It's probably going to suck compared to most.

G4CE

Smash Rookie
I would play you but you live all the way in Arlington and I'm in Leesburg/Ashburn part of Virginia. If you ever want to meet up or something at some point like at my house or at a friend's I could pm you directions and stuff. Most of us are inexperienced and pretty much suck compared to must. Okoya's about average, he can wavedash on instinct using any character. His wave shine is something I'm sick of playing. :(

Tha L@wl

Smash Journeyman
I would play you but you live all the way in Arlington and I'm in Leesburg/Ashburn part of Virginia. If you ever want to meet up or something at some point like at my house or at a friend's I could pm you directions and stuff. Most of us are inexperienced and pretty much suck compared to must. Okoya's about average, he can wavedash on instinct using any character. His wave shine is something I'm sick of playing. :(
hey yea thats good...i can wave dash well too....i just don't have the technical skills yet....if you ever go to chu's...we could meet up there...i went there twice just to get owned...but i feel like im getting much better....

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Boss, you should come down to Newport News some time for the tourney's at Ascendency...think they tend to be bi-weekly...HERE'S THE THREAD(click!), all of the SoVa smashfests/tourney's pretty much get discussed in this same thread and a lot of good players from Richmond/SoVa (and even North Carolina!) make it out to Ascendency sometimes. It's been a little difficult having these work out with all the big-name stuff happening around every other area outside of SoVa but if there's word of more and better people coming down, it pretty much guarantees a good turn out from the locals. If it's any indication, I'm basically low-tier [MAYBE mid] compared to most of the people who would be there. hope to see you there some time

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
i wouldn't mind smashin toasty but i have no way out there!!!!!!! >.< i wish i could drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*hands you my magic carpet*

if only it were that easy. :(

hope you find a way SOMEHOW. Ascendency tourneys are getting bigger so maybe at least by the end of summer NoVa will get a whiff of us and wanna make the trip down to ****'n'educate =D [although hopefully we'll actually be a considerable challenge]

and Newport News is, I think, less than 3 hours from Chu's place...if not exactly 3 hours. depends on how you drive haha...you could probably make it in 2:15 - 2:30
either way, hope we smash again in the near future

bizybozo

Smash Journeyman
two.of.hearts. hit up me or masahirox - we're tryna hit up some teams practice before pound 2

loungeact404

Smash Cadet
I'm lookin to practice with someone but I can't get a ride anywhere. If anyone's going to be in Fredericksburg or anything, drop me a PM.

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
My quarter has ended, so I am open for Smash almost any day for the next couple of weeks. I want to play someone.

-ADA-

Smash Apprentice
Hey ZM2004. When you mean Montclair. Does that happen to be close to Potomac Mill's Mall? Dale City, Manassas, etc.? Cause if you live where I think you do.... You live close to me.

-ADA-

Smash Apprentice
WAHHHHHH!!!! I need to face you! Well since school is out in 4 days for me. I'm free most of the summer. :p Just gimme the time and place.

By the way who do you main with? Alt's? Just wondering. And gamer tag?

ZM2004

Smash Journeyman
Main Mario... My secondary used to be Game and Watch, but I've recently started playing Falcon. My gamertag is my username.

-ADA-

Smash Apprentice
I KNOW YOU!!! You went to EGL correct? And my friend remembers facing you in the first round of singles and lost... If you can remember his gamertag was K9. And he was Red Link. And he really wants to rematch you. By the way. I also main Mario. So we might be able to have a good ditto. And I faced you to... I lost. ='(

So yeah.. I need to face you again, haha.

Top Bottom