• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread of "Legendary Swordsmen" in Brawl

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
Nah man, I'm gonna have to agree with Alpha on dis one. I don't care if WW sold 5 trillion games son, cell shaded games aren't killa at all son! Repeat after me, 4 syllables: Da graphics suck!
and i suppose graphics determine how good a game is? since when
do i critisize games you like?

hey theres even cell shaded characters/aspects in the good graphic twighlight princess, i suppose they added that in to suck.

what are we doing even OWNING a nintendo system if we cant appreciate creativity, and be open

fact: mosy/if not all windwaker critiques has never played it through

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Even though da game sold 4 million copies world wide I just don't think graphics like that would make an great impact on Brawl ya know what I'm sayin. I'm just a conservative when it comes to cell shaded graphics on SSBB. That's all.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Ganon is the only character up there who's in the game who NEEDS a sword.
No. He is perfectly fine w/o a sword, and altering a character that much would be stupid. His moves would be totally different.

How bout Vergil from DMC 3. The other son of Sparda!
Would never happen. He has never appeared on a Nintendo Console, plus that would be stupid. This is coming from a DMC fan.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yeah, sadly Sakurai states that he will not even consider adding any anime characters (DBZ, Bleach, Naruto, etc). Oh, life's so not fair.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
i have no idea what that's supposed to mean, but i can answer that with a big fat YES! (anything besides anime)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah, sadly Sakurai states that he will not even consider adding any anime characters (DBZ, Bleach, Naruto, etc). Oh, life's so not fair.
Aww... why not? I'd love the beat up the characters from Naruto. (that has to be the most overrated anime ever...)

I'm talking characters from good animes like Trigun and Fullmetal Alchemist.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ganon having a new moveset would not be a bad thing...he was just rushed as it was. Why is that a good thing? I (and every other Ganon player that I know) would gladly GLADLY accept a new moveset if Ganon got his sword.

And (back off topic to WW Link) I forgot about Cel-Shaded Link. That would be **** cool. Who cares if people like it as a graphic style or not? It was obviously big enough to sell a lot (given, it IS Zelda...), and adding it into Brawl would give it something cool, graphically speaking. (a la metal G/W).

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Aww... why not? I'd love the beat up the characters from Naruto. (that has to be the most overrated anime ever...)

I'm talking characters from good animes like Trigun and Fullmetal Alchemist.
lemme put put this way.... nintendo is 100% cool, anime is 100% NOT cool. so in other words... if anime char's were in brawl, they'd completly ruin the game, nuff said.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
He wouldn't state why during da interview. One would have to guess that it would take a lot of paperwork & programming for just one character from an anime series to be on Brawl. I for sure hope Sakurai changes his mind.

Anyway, are you serious Alpha, you don't have any kind of anime you like (sorry to get off topic)? You don't even want to pummel any particular anime character on Brawl?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ok, I guess everyone is entitled to there own opinion. It's ok Alpha....calm down....breath...count to 10....sorry I brought up anime in ya presence.....there do ya fill any better?

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
:grrr: never say that word in my presence again.....

:) alrightly then!, back on topic shall we?, swordsmen, who eles can we think of?

Amuttmonkey

Smash Cadet
Anime wouldnt be so bad(especially if it was from trigun)
Vash would be FREEKIN SWEET

Also how about some love to The Golden Sun characters i think Isaac would be soo kool(kool wit a k)

He could use a combination of quick attacks and psyenergy. Like his down B could be his mother gaia move. and his up b could be the lift psyenergy move.

what do u think?

(and also i heard the creator say he wasnt gonna touch the original characters so Roy might be safe)

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
It will take some time to make a killa move list for Raphael. Give me a minute bro. Uh oh, he said da A word even though I don't think A in general (like Trigun) isn't so bad.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Raphael's Moveset

Straight Gambit (forward +B) Raphael lunges at his/her opponent with his Rapier; does great damage, however, it leaves him off guard.

Endless Waltz (up +B) Raphael spins in a 360 degree fashion hitting multiple opponents with his Rapier & ends his combo with stabbing his opponent.

Whisper in the Wind (down +B) "Cannot use in mid air" Raphael gets in a defensive stance to prepare for a counter; if he is successful, Raphael uses all of the opponents power against them by temporaily stunning them. Raphael then hits them quickly with the hilt (handle) of his blade.

Ok, that's all I got for now....

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Ganon having a new moveset would not be a bad thing...he was just rushed as it was. Why is that a good thing? I (and every other Ganon player that I know) would gladly GLADLY accept a new moveset if Ganon got his sword.
Then it's like a totally new character. That's dumb. He is perfectly fine as is. Adding a sword would just make him cliche. There is already two new characters w/ swords, and I'm sure there will be more, not to mention characters like Link or Marth who are returning. (Most likely)

Amuttmonkey

Smash Cadet
K first of all Soras not nintendo

He would be kool though the keyblade is kool(kool wit a k)

And his moveset would probably be

Up B: sora glides up while spinning his keyblade

over b:would be the strike raid where he throws his keyblade and it reapears in his hand

down b:he slams his keyblade into the ground blasting every1 back

Top Bottom