• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread of "Legendary Swordsmen" in Brawl

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
and link is just so.... link,

i have no idea what i was trying to do there... but i'm very happy to kiss clones goodbye ;)

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
wow, clones do have the same attacks but they are completely difference characters thats why they are placed apart on the tier list(with the exeption of fox and falco) even with fox and falco they do play very differently, everyone who plays even the littlest of smash should know that. Its not like having the same character twice with the different look.

also, will someone suggest a "realistic" character for brawl? instead of like SC characters, or anime characters

the only realistic one iveheard so far was ganon (maybe not with a sword if hes not WW ganon, since thats the only ganon that used a sword) and maybe Ike

lyn isnt going to make it, as much as i loved FE its outdated, and not outdated enough to become a classic like kirby and pit.

SC characters will "never" make it to brawl(<3 SC also), but they are completely opposite fighting games in looks and gameplay. Plus, they are competitors in the fighting game market.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
is'nt snake already realistic enough for you?!......

namco was kind enough to let link in SCII, so why not the other way around?

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
snake is probably going to be the only non-nintendo character, thats why they announced it before-hand to get some advertisements. plus, metal gear solid isnt a comptitive fighting game, and SC is, it would be dumb and boring to mix a player from another fighting game of its own accomplishments into brawl, the SC makers would not let it. The point in smash is to adapt lovable characters known to all gamers to adapt in the fighting game. It would be shameful for SC to let down its own style of fight gaming to fit in smash.

SC takes fighting characters

where smash takes characters from more well known classics

the two are both collections of characters

they would not mix

itd be like taking a character out of a game thats already been taken out of a games.
you can say they are coming all you want, (and if they do you can flame me all you want)
but i highly doubt they would appear.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ganon, as in the actual human Ganon (not pig or what have you), has used a sword in more then just WW.

Every form of his has used at least SOME weapon.

totaKK

Smash Apprentice
in what game did he actually use a sword on you, (not trident, or any other weapons) ,ganondorf. Did he have one in the adventure of link? (never finished that one)

anyways back to my topic above

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Wasn't Dark Link the final boss of AoL? Ganondorf has appeared in 3 games and the real Ganondorf in OoT never used a weapon. His phantom did and when he transformed into Ganon he did but Ganondorf, himself, never used one. In his other two appearances, though, he uses swords in his two other appearances, though.

Sensai

Smash Master
His shadow uses one in OoT. He's a pig in the original one and in LttP. In AoL, Dark Link's the bad guy. In MM, he's not in there. WW, he does use a sword. TP, and the GameBoy games, I have no idea, though.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
You pretty much said everything I just did...

He's human in OoT and WW (and transforms into a big monster thing in OoT) and is just in his moblin form in TLoZ, ALTTP, OoA and OoS (after you beat both and link the two together), and FSA.

Anytime he's just a moblin, he uses a spear.

OoT-Ganondorf uses no weapon. Phantom Ganon uses a spear. Ganon uses two sword things.

WW-Phantom Ganon uses a large sword. Ganondorf uses two swords.

TP-Ganon's Puppet uses a sword. Ganon is a large boar. Ganondorf uses a glowing sword that the sages summon to impale him with.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
im gonna say it again konami and nintendo are "friends" Metal Gear was on Nes or Snes either way he was on nintentdo i think for 2 games

Sora COOLER??? than Sephiroth haha noob comment but ur opinion.
My sword character would be Soma Cruz " he uses alot of different swords and weapons" and a nintendo character Note again Konami's game.....

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
ritcher>soma

ritcher may not use any swords, but a memeber from the belmont family is WAY more perferable than some poser... :ohwell:

Amuttmonkey

Smash Cadet
yeah but what weapon would Soma use?

i mean since that game lets u equip various swordss wich sword would she use in brawl?

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
oh, come on!, if ANY vampire hunter is going to be in brawl, it's going to be one from the belmont family, and ritcher would be perferable, considering the popularity of Castlevania X...

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Hahahah Soma's Just way cooler and he's up to date like i said Soma<Richter
who doesnt like dawn of sorrow and aria it was cool Castlevania X is just so old....
Plus soma is pimp with his white Trench coat Soma owns

to asnwer ur question amutt he could probably use most of them except for his gun * i loved that thing XD* He could go between weapons like his guantlets super fast punching> then swings sword or axe

i would love to make a skill list it would own...but alas i dont have that patience some one do it for me please

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Soma Cruz deserves to be on Brawl. He could make da cut! Simon Belmont could make da roster as well though. That's da thing bout speculation, you never know what's going to happen.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Hahahah Soma's Just way cooler and he's up to date like i said Soma<Richter
who doesnt like dawn of sorrow and aria it was cool Castlevania X is just so old....
Plus soma is pimp with his white Trench coat Soma owns
:laugh: did you realize in your post you said Ritcher Over (>) soma?!. but could you please convince me how soma is better than Ritcher?, besides the age or looks?

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
:laugh: did you realize in your post you said Ritcher Over (>) soma?!. but could you please convince me how soma is better than Ritcher?, besides the age or looks?
No i didnt look closer. the reason why i said Soma's better is becuase he can use alchemyand has two great games even though ricther has more games he's in and he's old school, alot of people might know more of soma than Ricther becuase he's "new"and updated . Like i said Soma Has alot of weapons and cool technics:) is that good enough ?

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
No i didnt look closer. the reason why i said Soma's better is becuase he can use alchemyand has two great games even though ricther has more games he's in and he's old school, alot of people might know more of soma than Ricther becuase he's "new"and updated . Like i said Soma Has alot of weapons and cool technics:) is that good enough ?
so..... basicly what you're saying is soma would get in first just because he's new?, that's not fair.... what about the people that like C.X like me?

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Well not really remeber what i said about Simon getting in before any one
im not biased on most things..

Konuk

Smash Journeyman

Konuk

Smash Journeyman

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
my bad i clicked the button once my sis kept playing sorry <.< there should really be a delete post button

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
O...K. Well then back on topic, Legendary Swordsmen. I know I'll be nailed to the wall for dis one...how bout Leonardo from T.M.N.T?

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
Leonardo from T.M.N.T?, all i have to say to that is: whatever your smokin' i want some! :laugh:

but in all due seriousness, he would never work cause he debuted in a comicbook, didn't he?

Top Bottom