• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread of "Legendary Swordsmen" in Brawl

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Numa Dude's right, Brawl is in need of a shinobi swordsmen. The only one I can think of is Strider Hiryu from Capcom & Kage Maru from Virtua Fighter. Can you guys think of any Nintendo licensed ninjas?

P.S. I guess Shiek counts for something...but she ain't no swordsman.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
What about Bass EXE or Protoman EXE? I've seen them use swords plenty of times! I think they are deemed worthy to reach legendary status.

P.S: I'm already well aware that there is a thread pertaining to Megaman characters ya know what I'm sayin.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I knew someone would say that. Yeah, I want Zero over Protoman exe any day of the week, but both of them in Brawl would be nice. Furthermore, I really wish Bass exe was more popular to get into the game.

Sensai

Smash Master
Wow. Protoman...that's a name I haven't heard since a LONG time ago when I used to play Megaman. You know, back when it was good.

Bass<Protoman<Zero

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I was thinkin more on the lines of Scyther and his scythes to be used as swords (plus he can use Swords Dance). Hmmm...but nonetheless, Marowak could use his bone as a sword.

Anyway, there was a thread bout the Black Knight for Brawl (Path of Radiance). Now he would be an awesome addition to Brawl!

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
eww that picture was HORRIBLE god they should have never made that game or show <.<. Yea Black Knight Needs to be in brawl and DONT SAY THAT INVINCABLE ARMOR CRAP ON HERE PLEASE

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
scyther wouldnt work, it has no hands. how would it grab stuff? the closest thing to settle with is scizor, although scizor is more possible with limited flying, being one of the first metal types and popularity

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
scizor has pinsirs (2 limbs that work together to hold stuff, just like fingers and a thumb) but scyther doesnt have anything on his arms that resemble limbs to hold things. kirby can transform its whole body, dont you think it could make some sort of thumb to? besides, the bumbs that come out of puffballs resemble hands more than scythes at least. i cant imagine scyther holding stuff with scythes, or shooting a gun

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Yea but Scizor doesnt have Fingers hows he gonna shoot a gun still a bad idea kirby has puffball has so yea he can mold his hands any way XD

Scizor has crab claws So he cant shoot bullets either way a bad idea

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
its ok for small characters to not use some proper limbs for weapons, but a large character like scyther being forced to lie on its back and use its teeth to shoot a gun, i cant imagine that

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Being unorthodox is madd cool. I can't believe you guys don't want this Green Mantis in Brawl. Sick-em Scyther!

Just playin with ya, but in all seriousness, I would like to see Scyther mix it up with the best of them on Brawl if ya know what I'm sayin.

Amuttmonkey

Smash Cadet
Scyther would be interesting.....

he could use a whole bunch of cool attacks like fury cutter, sword dance and maybe even dragon rage

fleapy

Smash Journeyman
keep in mind that nintendo could make scyther grab, ok? there absolute geniuses. Maybe he could stick his claw through them, something strange like that. You underestimate nintendo

Amuttmonkey

Smash Cadet
keep in mind that nintendo could make scyther grab, ok? there absolute geniuses. Maybe he could stick his claw through them, something strange like that. You underestimate nintendo
yeah i agree have faith in nintendo

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
Yeah, there are some sweet sword characters out there, the only problem with them is not to make their hit-boxes too amazing.
Ganondorf would be really cool with a sword though, I hope ganondorf and link are top tier in Brawl.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
How bout young link with the Great Fairy's sword?
How about WW Link with the Master Sword? Idc if it is the same sword as TP Link, he owns with it. Plus he's way more acrobatics than TP Link, and has some pretty sick combos. He owns like no other! That is the only character I need (TP Link who?) to beat the crap out of everyone who faces me!

Ganondof is going to own even more this time, but his sword of the sages will make him all the better. Hopefully Ganondorf stops taunting us with his sword and driving us crazy waving it around! Ganondorf in action with that sword could make him an even more brutal force, and make him own even more than ever before. Also note the two swords he uses in WW are the same the Gerudos use in OOT.

All in all, more weapon weilding/swordsman characters=better game. I'm sure we can all look forward for the great diffrences of fighting styles, as well as swordsman and diffrent sword fighting styles. We are defintely in for some character diversity, and some diversity in general.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yeah, there are some sweet sword characters out there, the only problem with them is not to make their hit-boxes too amazing.
Ganondorf would be really cool with a sword though, I hope ganondorf and link are top tier in Brawl.
From what I know, Ganondorf is not even confirmed in Brawl so don't get your hopes up...

Top Bottom