• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread of "Legendary Swordsmen" in Brawl

Amuttmonkey

Smash Cadet
the only FF character worthy of brawl is that graiy-haired dude with the super-long katna :ohwell:
yeah i agree(that he is worthy not that hes the only one)

Sephiroth is FF but not Sora hes square enix but not ff(at least thats wat i think)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, I'd rather have Sora than Sephiroth, if only because Sora's way cooler and would fit better. But as a SE pick (even though Sora is technically Disney's [let's not get into that, though...]), I'd rather have Crono or Loto since they're more badass and retro.

And shouldn't this be in the Brawl Character Discussion section?

Amuttmonkey

Smash Cadet
Well, I'd rather have Sora than Sephiroth, if only because Sora's way cooler and would fit better. But as a SE pick (even though Sora is technically Disney's [let's not get into that, though...]), I'd rather have Crono or Loto
Whos Loto?

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
If sephiroth made it in... I would scream and run. Good lord, I mean look at how long of a katana that guy has!! It's like... 12 feet long! Ask yourself this.. do you really think they would put that in the game? 0_o they would have to tone him down a bit and give him a little dagger or something... think of how long the range on that thing would be! Do you really want to fight that? I mean COME ON!! *dies* X_X

I'm done rambling now... *turns into ghost and floats away*

Sensai

Smash Master
Toecutter said:
Then it's like a totally new character. That's dumb. He is perfectly fine as is. Adding a sword would just make him cliche. There is already two new characters w/ swords, and I'm sure there will be more, not to mention characters like Link or Marth who are returning. (Most likely)
Of course it's gonna be a totally new character. Would you rather still have clones in Brawl? I'd rather some characters have new movesets then be a clone, AGAIN.

How would it make him cliche? There are far more people who use hands then who use swords (yes, that's a dumb arguement, haha. Sorry, it's just in response to the 'too cliche' thing).

There are two characters...etc.

I would be highly surprised if Marth does not return, and Link will obviously be returning, as he is confirmed already. This doesn't mean that Ganon can't have a sword though. I cannot think of a Zelda game that Ganon was in that he didn't have a sword with him, or at least some type of weapon.

[Edit:]

Pure, don't worry too much. I mean, they balanaced Mewtwo, and does anyone scream and run from him? Hellz no.

Emersai_the_Prophet

Smash Apprentice
aggreed and aggreed ,sora and crono would be top picks, mabey not so much loto mabey because i have no idea who that is. what about ninja gaiden?? that was a classic and i think is owned by nintendo(not sure tho) besides sheik (if she will even be in ssbb) there are no ninjas in ssb series.

Amuttmonkey

Smash Cadet
If sephiroth made it in... I would scream and run. Good lord, I mean look at how long of a katana that guy has!! It's like... 12 feet long! Ask yourself this.. do you really think they would put that in the game? 0_o they would have to tone him down a bit and give him a little dagger or something... think of how long the range on that thing would be! Do you really want to fight that? I mean COME ON!! *dies* X_X

I'm done rambling now... *turns into ghost and floats away*
I think it would be more of an event battle like Giga Bowser

I think they should have some boss events like that but..... nm thats off topic

Devastlian

Smash Lord
aggreed and aggreed ,sora and crono would be top picks, mabey not so much loto mabey because i have no idea who that is. what about ninja gaiden?? that was a classic and i think is owned by nintendo(not sure tho) besides sheik (if she will even be in ssbb) there are no ninjas in ssb series.
Ninja Gaiden is made by Techmo (by their Team Ninja, actually). Also, my post before yours shows my thread for Loto, in case you missed it.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
*ghost floats back*
Ooooooh that loto... eheh.. thought you were talking about a slot machine.. *is shot, somehow*
Eh, loto wouldn't be one of my top picks... I'm not really sure I like the whole DBZ look... seriously dragon quest looks like the makers of DBZ made it :p. They probably did.. Bah.
Uhhhhh.. hoooow abooooout.. Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia?! Love that game. :3
Not really a legendary sword weilder though...
Until the end of the game, when he gets the fire and ice sword... forgot what they were called >.>
:)

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, Dragon Ball's creator did do the artwork for Chrono Trigger and the Dragon Quest series. I love his style, personally. Been meaning to get some DVDs of the original anime series...

But anyway, I didn't get very far in Tales of Symphonia but Lloyd does seem to fit.

Amuttmonkey

Smash Cadet
i think those characters sound awesome but how about Isaac from Golden Sun?

And that LOto ooooooooooooohh

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Bah, I forgot in my other post... *grumbles* so I will just post a picture of Lloyd here.

That is Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia... although, most of you should know that already :laugh: ah well, pics for you all anyway! *throws confetti*

Good GRIEF you people post fast!!! O-O

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
lemme put put this way.... nintendo is 100% cool, anime is 100% NOT cool. so in other words... if anime char's were in brawl, they'd completly ruin the game, nuff said.
Yeah, well I don't care what's "cool" or not. I care what would be fun in the game.

Obviously we already have Snake, so having only Nintendo characters isn't an option anymore. Might as well add some good ones.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you really thnk about it, Marth was an anime character too... had a show he starred in also.. that was only 2 episodes long.. *grumbles* But, he was in Melee, Sakurai MIGHT have said there is going to be no anime characters in brawl... but then we look at Marth. Do you think it is possible that Sakurai might be tricking us? *looks around the room*

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
no there won't be ANY anime char's in brawl so please, for the love of my sanity... PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT ANIME!!!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
no there won't be ANY anime char's in brawl so please, for the love of my sanity... PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT ANIME!!!
Well I'm sorry that some people like it. >_>

Respect other's opinions.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Well, if you really thnk about it, Marth was an anime character too... had a show he starred in also.. that was only 2 episodes long.. *grumbles* But, he was in Melee, Sakurai MIGHT have said there is going to be no anime characters in brawl... but then we look at Marth. Do you think it is possible that Sakurai might be tricking us? *looks around the room*
But that anime was based on the game, like the Kirby anime. The "no anime or manga" thing means franchises that started out as anime or manga.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I suppose you have a point.. *grumbles* But bah whatever. Anyway, back on topic. Ike from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance anyone?

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
You said Leif once already, but he isn't that popular... is he? I don't know. I think Ike would be more known, in both the US and Japan, since he starred in the second FE game that was actually brought over from Japan. Plus he has a killer sword! :o
I think I have seen Lief once though... somewhere... doesn't he wield the Sword of Light or something like that?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
You know what, I wouldn't mind if they gave TP Link the Big Goron Sword (Ocarina of Time) or the Great Fairy Sword (Majora's Mask) instead of just equipping him with the cliche Master Sword. Maybe there might be a "Weapon's Options" in the game of Brawl where you can switch the weapons of the fighters. That would be just straight up off da chain son!

Sensai

Smash Master
^^^

I disagree. Unless, of course, it was just a cosmetic change, in which I wouldn't really care either way.

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
You said Leif once already, but he isn't that popular... is he? I don't know. I think Ike would be more known, in both the US and Japan, since he starred in the second FE game that was actually brought over from Japan. Plus he has a killer sword! :o
I think I have seen Lief once though... somewhere... doesn't he wield the Sword of Light or something like that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_j779hm5Zg

That's Leif for ya, he is pretty obscure (even in Japan) but then again, ROY got his fame in SB, so why not let Leif shine? :ohwell:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Roy was advertisement, alpha n00b. As for your spam about "No Anime Characters", guess what, who cares? To our knowledge the chances of an Anime/Manga character is 0%, but that doesn't mean Sakurai can't change his mind. As for Leif...who? Still a mystery to me. If you need to provide a full video link, then more than likely, the character isn't really well known. Is he another advertisement for a Fire Emblem game? I wouldn't double the ads just because it happened once.

Anyhow, for third party choices, I personally wouldn't mind Nightmare or Fighter(FF1, and yes, that's his original name). Nightmare would be Bowser with reach, but less speed and no projectiles. For the most part, Bowser could easily beat him, thus, making him no so broken. Fighter may be generic to a point, but he can also wield legendary weapons, now can't he?

Ganondorf with a sword and rounded-out move list would be nice. As for Golden Sun characters...I'd still rather see Mia etc. for more spellcasters.

Lyn isn't a bad choice either, as female swordsmen...or females in general, are needed to round out the game.

Sensai

Smash Master
Ganon with a sword, for the win.

And Golden Sun.....hm...Who knows? Fenix was **** cool, but I think the spell casters would fit better (as I believe that Brawl needs some decent magical persons).

Sensai

Smash Master
Good sweet Jesus I hope not.

I was thinking closer to Zelda, but with less physical attacks that hurt so much and better spells.

Obviously, they wouldn't be used in solo very much, but in teams, it could be cool.

I would love for Smash to become a little more tactic-oriented, although it is already.

/sigh...I just miss Final Fantasy Tactics, I suppose.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Yeah, I'm all for it. Change da feel of da game back to smash64! Even if they don't, I'm an ace at both games so I don't mind. Well anyway back on topic, "swordsmen that have legendary statis." Yeah, I wouldn't mind if they stuck with there guns & brought back Roy & Marth.

Sensai

Smash Master
But Roy is just....so Roy.

They need some fresh blood in here. Someone surprising would be great, and maybe even likely if their VC games happens to come around and be popular. I have no one in mind (seriously), but someone like a samurai or something like that would be awesome.

Not Ganon from WW. No. Ganon needs to be a bad arse, not a sensei.

Pure of Heart

Smash Journeyman
And Marth is just.... so Marth XD

I wouldn't mind if they brought back both Marth and Roy, but changed Roy so he has his own style of fighting, get rid of the stupid clones. They could change him around and make him fight like he did in his original game, using his sword with 2 hands and not 1. He is supposed to have a ranged attack as well, a little fireball that he can shoot from the tip of his sword. Man, they could do so much and change him around, it's unreal. What was nintendo thinking making, clones anyway? Lazy bums. :chuckle:

Top Bottom