• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
Are you guys for real? LOL.. still in denial? Sal's leak is legit if you can't accept it you are delusional. Wouldn't even be surprised if another one of those characters is revealed during the invitational.

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Are people still grasping at straws to try to deconfirm this leak? Seriously, I'd've thought Mii Fighter would've been all you needed. I expect some serious crow to be eaten by the time this game is released. The denial is getting laughable now.

QuickRat

Smash Journeyman
I'm still unsure of the second leaks validity. The first one's pretty much legit, but I'm still not convinced that Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men are absolute locks or that there are no other potential newcomers aside from the four left. Sakurai has to be able to do better than Chrom and Chorus Men (Shulk and Pac-Man are alright with me).
You're talking about Chrom in that way because last week they showed Ike... but until that very moment, everybody said he was in the game. Of course there can be other newcomers -- just look at Rosalina! Chorus Men is pretty original, unique, trolling, new IP... It has everything to make a Sakutroll-move!

D

Deleted member

@ papagenos papagenos That's... not something I can counter. So as much as I absolutely loathe to do this...

I will now allow discussion of RosalinaX in here. Just please try to keep it to putting RosalinaX and Sal Romano together.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Are people still grasping at straws to try to deconfirm this leak? Seriously, I'd've thought Mii Fighter would've been all you needed. I expect some serious crow to be eaten by the time this game is released. The denial is getting laughable now.
I think the funnier thing is that you guys keep coming in here like 'WHOA PEOPLE DON'T LIKE/BELIEVE THE SAL ROMANO LEAK CAN YOU BELIEVE SUCH A THING? HOW CAN I GET THE MOST LIKES? I KNOW I'LL POST THAT I'M FLABBERGASTED SOMEONE ELSE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME' Like, goodness, people have opinions that differ from my own!

Yeah, we get it, Mii and Palutena have put the leaks into great odds, but you can't blame people for not liking the leak, or not believing it. You don't have to come in here and say it a billion times.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
@ papagenos papagenos That's... not something I can counter. So as much as I absolutely loathe to do this...

I will now allow discussion of RosalinaX in here. Just please try to keep it to putting RosalinaX and Sal Romano together.
Huge props to that, not cause i want to "win" an "argument" or something, but there's so much petty bickering on here and people often wont change their stance or budge an inch and i think it takes a lot to give in, even just a little bit. I'm not good at changing my stance on things myself so it shows your character and i like it, you're awesome.

I'm not 100% sold on rosalinax at all, it could still totally be a coincidence and we could still definitely get more than 48 with 4 cuts or lucas could still be around, both leaks seem unsure of it, but given similarities with Sal's newest leak I think they are definitely worth comparing.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just to note, the leak isn't legit till the other characters actually show up.

But it's pretty likely and beyond believable at this point regardless. Legitimate means it's real without a doubt. Believable means it's really easy to believe(which is pretty much the case, especially for me. We got 4 characters left to go. Shulk, Chrom, Pac-Man, and Chorus Men/Man). We need to have Pac-Man to prove the first leak right. The rest go to the second leak. We also have to see DLC to prove the third leak right. None of them are 100% just yet.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
You're talking about Chrom in that way because last week they showed Ike... but until that very moment, everybody said he was in the game. Of course there can be other newcomers -- just look at Rosalina! Chorus Men is pretty original, unique, trolling, new IP... It has everything to make a Sakutroll-move!
The funny thing about Chorus Kids is that the reasons you listed as to why Sakurai would consider putting them in is the exact reason why I question Chrom's chances. Chrom's pretty much feels like he's considered a shoe-in by people out of obligation (outside of the people who are fans of his of course) as he's the new FE lord rather than because he's unique or brings anything particularly noteworthy to Smash Bros and we just sort of assume that a third FE rep is inevitable just because (and yet are heavily skeptical about the chances K. Rool/Dixie and Ridley for some reason when they're part of more popular series). Now that I know Sakurai gives more thought to the FE characters than just "Marth + flavor of the month", I'm a bit more skeptical about Chrom's chances given what Sakurai has previously said about uniqueness influencing his decisions. Wwhether that means Robin has more of a shot or FE is not getting a third rep at all is another thing.

Now that I know there are other potential newcomers other than the ones just listed (I thought it was a leak of all the remaining characters), once Chrom's confirmed/deconfirmed, I can stop giving a damn about this whole thing (I still think Chorus Kids are stupid, but they're whatever to me as long as the option for more interesting newcomers remain).

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I think the funnier thing is that you guys keep coming in here like 'WHOA PEOPLE DON'T LIKE/BELIEVE THE SAL ROMANO LEAK CAN YOU BELIEVE SUCH A THING? HOW CAN I GET THE MOST LIKES? I KNOW I'LL POST THAT I'M FLABBERGASTED SOMEONE ELSE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME' Like, goodness, people have opinions that differ from my own!

Yeah, we get it, Mii and Palutena have put the leaks into great odds, but you can't blame people for not liking the leak, or not believing it. You don't have to come in here and say it a billion times.
Thing is, you're being ridiculous. The odds are phenomenal and he nailed on a name we'd've never expected for Mii. What more do you want? I'm beginning to think only a photograph of Sal and Sakurai taking dinner together is gonna cut it for you.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Thing is, you're being ridiculous. The odds are phenomenal and he nailed on a name we'd've never expected for Mii. What more do you want? I'm beginning to think only a photograph of Sal and Sakurai taking dinner together is gonna cut it for you.
That would definitely be a great start.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I'm pretty sure this leak is true now

Pac Man confirmed

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
After changing it.
AN HOUR before the press event.

Color me not convinced.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

My problem is exactly that that though. Many people put up such a fight against this leak not always because they genuinely thought it was fishy or felt something was off, but because they didn't like it and searched and grasped to find anything they could to disprove it no matter how small it was. It was bias vs. facts, and that's what often got on my nerves the most. :p

If ever there seemed to be some serious evidence against the leak, I would have totally gone "huh. That makes sense. Maybe something is a bit off here." But that never happened.

Ah well. What's done is done. I think it's pretty much set that this leak is accurate now and is going to happen, but there's always a chance something could happen to throw it off. Doubtful, but it could happen.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
If ever there seemed to be some serious evidence against the leak, I would have totally gone "huh. That makes sense. Maybe something is a bit off here." But that never happened.
What a coincidence. If there had been evidence for it besides Wii Fit Trainer, I would have totally gone "Huh. That makes sense. Maybe there's something more to this leak.". Since it's yet to happen, well.. I feel like there's still reason to be skeptical, s'all.

Anyway, as I was saying in another topic, I'm rooting for the leak to be confirmed now simply 'cause confirmed character DLC means people still got hope, y'know? So if Chorus Men gets confirmed I'm gonna be 100% hype.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well it has villager, wii fit trainer, mii and palutena

and little mac

to a lesser degree Greninja

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
What a coincidence. If there had been evidence for it besides Wii Fit Trainer, I would have totally gone "Huh. That makes sense. Maybe there's something more to this leak.". Since it's yet to happen, well.. I feel like there's still reason to be skeptical, s'all.

Anyway, as I was saying in another topic, I'm rooting for the leak to be confirmed now simply 'cause confirmed character DLC means people still got hope, y'know? So if Chorus Men gets confirmed I'm gonna be 100% hype.
Haha I love how you throw away WFT like it isn't a substantial piece if evidence. :p That's exactly what I'm talking about. Evidence for the leak - 1. Evidence against - 0.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Haha I love how you throw away WFT like it isn't a substantial piece if evidence. :p That's exactly what I'm talking about. Evidence for the leak - 1. Evidence against - 0.
Well some people think that Miis are confirming the leak, honestly i expecte Miis to be in, even thinking that the "leak" is something false. In fact i can say that Miis are maybe the final proof to say that the Sal Romano is leak is not a real leak.
Here are the facts:
1. Failed predictions not one, but twice.
2. Did not predicted some characters.
3. Made lazy predictions, like Pokemon from X/Y rather than Greninja or that there were going to be 3 Miis and not just one.
4. Does not contain any other information than just a few character names.
5. With the exception of Wii Fit Trainer, all the remain characters listed in the leak that were confirmed, were something expected.

Sorry guys but this is not like when the Brawl roster and stage number was revealed. This, as far a we know could just be a lucky guess. That at the end of the E3 is perhaps going to end. There is no way that a 3rd pary Character of the level Pac-Man is going to be a secret character or being revealed in any random day. If at the end of the E3 i dont see Pac-Man, Pac-Man is dead and also this leak.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So, why wasn't this guy able to name Greninja, again?

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
Well some people think that Miis are confirming the leak, honestly i expecte Miis to be in, even thinking that the "leak" is something false. In fact i can say that Miis are maybe the final proof to say that the Sal Romano is leak is not a real leak.
Here are the facts:
1. Failed predictions not one, but twice.
2. Did not predicted some characters.
3. Made lazy predictions, like Pokemon from X/Y rather than Greninja or that there were going to be 3 Miis and not just one.
4. Does not contain any other information than just a few character names.
5. With the exception of Wii Fit Trainer, all the remain characters listed in the leak that were confirmed, were something expected.

Sorry guys but this is not like when the Brawl roster and stage number was revealed. This, as far a we know could just be a lucky guess. That at the end of the E3 is perhaps going to end. There is no way that a 3rd pary Character of the level Pac-Man is going to be a secret character or being revealed in any random day. If at the end of the E3 i dont see Pac-Man, Pac-Man is dead and also this leak.
I can't even argue with this.

Not because you're right, I just don't feel like repeating everything and going in depth with you.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm actually surprised we didn't see Pac-Man.

And let me just say that Palutena and Mii do NOTHING in regards to the leak since they were such obvious choices to begin with.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
That is the part about Romano's leak that I can't understand. He named Mii Fighters correctly, but couldn't name Greninja?
If I recall, the argument for why he didn't specifically name Greninja was due to having outdated information. Yet, based on him naming Mii Fighters and mentioning the fact that Lucas is still questionable, it would seem his information is not outdated. So why couldn't he name Greninja? I mean, if he did, I don't think anyone would be questioning this leak.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That is the part about Romano's leak that I can't understand. He named Mii Fighters correctly, but couldn't name Greninja?
He's got some accurate info, but I'm thinking he's making up some of it. Getting Mii Fighters name right, great. But Pac-Man still hasn't shown up, and he didn't get Greninja the day Greninja was released. He also claimed Pac-Man and Mii would be shown last year.

We can trust that some of his info is correct, but there's no way we can guarantee what is correct and what was made up on the spot. I don't think this guy works for Nintendo at all, if anything, I think he works at E3 and got an early look at some of these trailers.

If I recall, the argument for why he didn't specifically name Greninja was due to having outdated information. Yet, based on him naming Mii Fighters and mentioning the fact that Lucas is still questionable, it would seem his information is not outdated. So why couldn't he name Greninja? I mean, if he did, I don't think anyone would be questioning this leak.
Lukas still being "up in the air" makes no sense at all to me. They should've decided on whether or not Ness or Lukas were cut a long time ago.

Last edited:

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Is there another Nintedo Direct? I heard someone say there was one in August but I'm not sure. Maybe Pac-Man could be revealed at a Direct

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yeah, that sounds really fishy. I am conflicted about Romano's leak. It sounds believable... but it also has a few "plot holes".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom