• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't care how you slice it, whether this leak turns out to be completely genuine or not.

You cannot attribute "Pokemon from x/y" as any kind of evidence to support the leak being true. It's a completely moot point for or against the leak.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You know, I just want to point out that during the Treehouse Smash event one of the Nintendo Treehouse employees said that his favorite character to play as wasn't "in this build of the game," so it seems likely to me that a large number of people in both America and Japan have at least some advanced roster knowledge.

Just throwing that out there.

Last edited:

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Lol If you really think jigglypuff is getting cut then you're crazy. Ness, Captain Falcon, and jiggly are 101% IN there is no "If" with these 3.
Well, doesn't the Gematsu leak suggest a cut of a veteran, and didn't Sakurai also suggest cutting a veteran? Not sure, but I'm pretty sure there is the theory out there that someone out of the original Smash is getting cut, and out of those three it would be Jigglebuns.

You know, I just want to point out that during the tree house Smash event one of the Nintendo Treehouse employees said that his favorite character to play as wasn't "in this build of the game," so it seems likely to me that a large number of people in both America and Japan have at least some advanced roster knowledge.

I'm sure they know the entire roster for localizing Amiibos, trophies, etc. They have to translate a lot of detailed trivia about these characters for their trophies and all the marketing that will go with Amiibo that needs to be ready by Holiday. Yeah they probably know. You threw it out there, I caught it and slam-dunked.

D

Deleted member

You know, I just want to point out that during the Treehouse Smash event one of the Nintendo Treehouse employees said that his favorite character to play as wasn't "in this build of the game," so it seems likely to me that a large number of people in both America and Japan have at least some advanced roster knowledge.

He was talking about Dedede obvs. He was in neither version of the demo.

Well, doesn't the Gematsu leak suggest a cut of a veteran, and didn't Sakurai also suggest cutting a veteran? Not sure, but I'm pretty sure there is the theory out there that someone out of the original Smash is getting cut, and out of those three it would be Jigglebuns.
Nowhere in the Gematsu leak does it mention cutting one of the characters from the original Smash. No, the Ness vs. Lucas thing doesn't count. It says one of them might be cut, implying both could still make it in. Source please for Sakurai saying this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

I'm sure they know the entire roster for localizing Amiibos, trophies, etc. They have to translate a lot of detailed trivia about these characters for their trophies and all the marketing that will go with Amiibo that needs to be ready by Holiday. Yeah they probably know. You threw it out there, I caught it and slam-dunked.
Yeah, just pointing out that it's not just the devs that have access to something like that. In fact, if the Rosalina X leak is true, that person would almost have to be in a marketing type of position in order to know information about two games that were developed by different studios.

He was talking about Dedede obvs. He was in neither version of the demo.
I'll find the quote, pretty sure he specifically mentions it was someone that hasn't been revealed yet.

Edit: at 10:30 (he says a couple of characters we haven't announced yet, actually.)

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Yeah, I expect the entire roster to be leaked via methods like Amiibos and such. I expect a legitimate one to be (at the least) revealed somewhere next month.

D

Deleted member

I'll find the quote, pretty sure he specifically mentions it was someone that hasn't been revealed yet.

Edit: at 10:30 (he says a couple of characters we haven't announced yet, actually.)

Oh OK. I was mainly making a joke, but OK, he was referring to an unrevealed character. could still be a vet though

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Out of curiosity, have we ever seen the source from this? I remember seeing this article forever ago, but I don't think we ever saw the supposed source. It looks extremely fake, to be honest.
A night vale fan. I like you.

Umm, didn't actually have anything to say to your post though

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Source please for Sakurai saying this?
Don't have a source, just thought I had heard it somewhere, was hoping someone else may have official proof. Maybe I was wrong though. Was just saying, if a veteran was to be cut, it'd be Jiggles. Not that I'm hoping for that or anything, not trying to step on toes, it just made sense. My bad, yo.

D

Deleted member

That means I like you too.

Haven't they also been considering cutting Ness for the last couple of games tho? I vaguely remember reading that somewhere.
The only game where there is evidence of Ness being potentially cut is Melee. In Melee, Sakurai originally planned to replace him with Lucas, but decided not to due to the delay.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
The only game where there is evidence of Ness being potentially cut is Melee. In Melee, Sakurai originally planned to replace him with Lucas, but decided not to due to the delay.
But the thought was still there. COULD happen. I don't see it, especially with the success of Earthbound on VC, but it could.

D

Deleted member

But the thought was still there. COULD happen. I don't see it, especially with the success of Earthbound on VC, but it could.
I think the fact that even after Mother 3's release there being no evidence of potentially cutting Ness for Brawl speaks volumes. Ness isn't going anywhere at this point.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So guys, what are the chances we get Falco tomorrow and that other leaker really was tied to this one?

I'm gonna guess pretty low.

D

Deleted member

So guys, what are the chances we get Falco tomorrow and that other leaker really was tied to this one?

It's not looking very likely, and I sure hope it doesn't happen. At least Gematsu's vague wording gives me hope that Lucas is still in the game. On the bright side, I'd consider Shulk a lock if Falco is revealed between this and Gematsu.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627

I was going to say super low because we still don't have defaults like Wario or Ice Climbers revealed, but i remembered we got Marth, Lucario, and Toon Link early. That being said, i think it could happen, i just don't think it will.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Falco could be a starter, who knows. Take Cpt Falcon, he was first an unlockable then a starter then an unlockable again in Brawl.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Falco could be a starter, who knows. Take Cpt Falcon, he was first an unlockable then a starter then an unlockable again in Brawl.
Marth has been an unlockable for the past two games as well.

Maybe Sakurai's up and decided to do away with secret veterans, wouldn't surprise me.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911

I believe someone before did the math and came up with a .6% chance that Falco would be revealed tomorrow, taking into consideration how many characters have not yet been revealed and the likelihood that any given day in one particular week this far ahead of release might see the reveal of a character.

NoiseHERO

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NoiseHERO
3DS FC
4038-7106-6271
I believe someone before did the math and came up with a .6% chance that Falco would be revealed tomorro-
THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND DDDDDD:

I know it sounds counter productive but, this is where the "we'll know when it gets here" line has to be dropped. D:

I don't need math and science to live I just need smash bros hype. D:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I believe someone before did the math and came up with a .6% chance that Falco would be revealed tomorrow, taking into consideration how many characters have not yet been revealed and the likelihood that any given day in one particular week this far ahead of release might see the reveal of a character.
Yeah you can't math something like that. Waaaaay too many things not taken into account.

Most important of which is sakurai

laughs

SwagzillaForilla

Smash Apprentice
Come to think of it, Star Fox is the only series with 3 or more characters that only has one revealed so far. Unless there's going to be two unlockable Star Fox characters, it would make sense to reveal Falco or Wolf before launch.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Come to think of it, Star Fox is the only series with 3 or more characters that only has one revealed so far. Unless there's going to be two unlockable Star Fox characters, it would make sense to reveal Falco or Wolf before launch.
I still think at this point, Wolf will be announced first.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
I'm still waiting to see if this rumor about Mechon trophies being won in Smash Run that I heard from a few other people is indeed true. That could essentially thrust Shulk all the way to being the most likely of potential newcomers if it's accurate, and potentially add to the Sal Romano leak's credibility. I'm still looking for some confirmation, but unfortunately, I have yet to stumble upon any concrete answers. Has anybody tried out Smash Run that could potentially confirm this detail?

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
4 hours left.
Until what? You do realize that this "Falco" leak is in no way connected to the Sal Romano leak right?

People get leaks mixed with other leaks way too easily. We all need to differentiate between them.

kazrisk

twitch.tv/kazrisk
NNID
kazrisk
Until what? You do realize that this "Falco" leak is in no way connected to the Sal Romano leak right?

People get leaks mixed with other leaks way too easily. We all need to differentiate between them.
Maybe this fella has something planned in four hours.... I'm actually quite terrified now. Who knows what he is capable of.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Maybe this fella has something planned in four hours.... I'm actually quite terrified now. Who knows what he is capable of.
Just look at his avatar; he's got a gun!

As for this leak that will soon be debunked, I hope people don't start using it as evidence against the legitimacy of the Gematsu leaks.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Once again, this is not a general leak thread. Please only discuss information directly relating to the Gematsu/Sal Romano leak.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Once again, this is not a general leak thread. Please only discuss information directly relating to the Gematsu/Sal Romano leak.
But we already said everything about this leak basically. If Falco is revealed, it'll still be directly related to the leak, since it'll confirm Shulk playable.

About as high as Ridley being playable. :yeahboi:

Do you think the source of Sal will reveal something before ghe direct of august, or is it over concerning the newcomers about him giving more names ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom