• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ssbm Dc++ Hub Thread, #1 Resource For Vids, Read First Post!

mickeysgotagun

Smash Rookie
Guys I need seriousl help on this. I can't download any videos nor can I connect to anyone. I have set up everything correctly got any tips?

thesuperjag

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheSuperJAG
Uh hey....I need help....When I download it.....When I click on it.....It says It can't be open. Please select the program that needs to open or go to the web....blah....blah and blah. Need help.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
It? I'm assuming you mean the program and by the program, I'm also assuming that you mean BCDC++ as DC++ is just a standard exe installer.
You need to download WinRAR from http://rarlabs.com this will allow you to open the archive where all the files are contained. Move them all into a folder and click on the BCDC++ exe. That'll open the program up and get you to a point where the instructions in the first post will be able to guide you through the rest of the procedure.

Zoap

Smash Master
yo qwester

yo qwester im havin the same prob as the dude, I did everythin rite and it says connectin and then connected and then nothin else happens. Wont show no users do searchs or even display the topic. I think there is a prob somewhere if two ppl have the same issue.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
There really isn't very much info I can give you that isn't already in the first post. Please read it over carefully, especially the part from troubleshooting 'and any other connection problems'.

If you need further help, contact me via IM.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Double post.. but this gets more attention, which helps.

WJ has taken his hub down for a while, so he can upgrade his computer's hardware. While his computer is offline, I'm hosting the hub.

The address is fghub.no-ip.com

Edit: Hub back. Disregard useless info.

theeggman85

Smash Rookie
GhostAnime said:
A weird question here, but..anyone have any idea why I can't connect?

*** Connecting to smash.servegame.com...
*** Unknown address
Not a weird question, it happened to me too... make sure your address that you're connecting to is smash.servegame.com, then reboot DC++. should work fine.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're client is obviously having problems getting through to the hub.

Check out the first post. Under troubleshooting, there's some info on how to set up active mode, try that or passive mode.

Zoap

Smash Master
any ideas?

everytime i connect i get this but nothing else, no users or msg from smashbot.

[22:48] *** Connecting to smash.servegame.com...
[22:48] *** Connected

Nephiros

Smash Ace
Everytime I search for something (Ex: Mario) to get vids I only get 7 results, no matter what. I am on Passive mode and I would prefer not having to switch to Active mode to fix that. How can I get more results?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
You switch to active mode. There's no preference. If you want search results, you'll have to make the change and set it up properly. See the first post for details.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
wat would be a reason for dc++ freezing up on you? bad internet connection? to much **** open?? happens to other ppl as well???

Takaichi

Smash Cadet
Portable?

Is it possible to use dc++on a flash drive? if so can you send me a link or give me the things i need for dc++ to be portable?

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you have winrar, you can use BCDC++. It can be ran from a folder in any location. However, I'd recommend moving it off the flash drive before starting it up, then moving things back over when you're finished or you might find things can really crawl along doing things like hashing file lists.

Anyway, you can find bcdc++ - HERE

Incase you need it - WINRAR

BladeWise

Smash Lord
*** Connecting to smash.servegame.com...
*** Connected
*** Connection reset by server

i think my college is prohibiting access because it sort of resembles a file sharing p2p program......

any ideas?

Wrath of Anubis

Smash Rookie
Whenever I try and connect I get "Connecting" then "Connection refused by target machine." What's going wrong?

aho43

Smash Lord
K, if you're bored like me, and know how to use IRC. Connect to server IRCHIGHWAY, and enter channel #smash. If you don't know how to use IRC, DL mIRC, its pretty easy. Just find the server settings in the options and connect, and once you are connected join channel #smash.

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
Or you could connect to the back up hub

fghub.no-ip.com

I don't imagine it'll be long before WJ gets stuff working again.

W.J

Smash Ace
I believe the old address has expired inorder to connect when you are gettin "unknown address' verify that you are using smash.servegame.com to connect and you should get connected

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
where do you plan on posting up my sh** WJ? In this thread? And do you want me to include all html formatting for the document? I can give it to you in a text document form if you'd like as well

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
WJ's computer is probably down or experiencing some technical difficulties due to some random incident. He's most likely not home to fix it at this time. Please keep trying to reconnect to smash.servegame.com. Thank you and have a nice day! :)

Bread-Butterer

Smash Ace
I have my connection going through 2 different types of routers. I get the "Connection refused by machine" error, and I've done all the port forwarding and setup. Any ideas?

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Bread-Butterer said:
I have my connection going through 2 different types of routers. I get the "Connection refused by machine" error, and I've done all the port forwarding and setup. Any ideas?
check out this little bit I posted that should be put in this thread in the not so distant future.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=56223&page=2

I will also be riefining that post and adding more info to it as well.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
Bread-Butterer said:
Name the 2 routers you are using for me if you will and I will be able to help you out. In the meantime, check this out it may help.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=56223&page=2

Zero34

Smash Lord
the DC++ page was down, so i downloaded BCDC++ (local one), but when i opened it, it just said that windows cannot open file

help?

YoShI Da BoMb

Smash Apprentice
mine says unknown adress when i try to connect what do i do?
i got smash.servegame.com in my favorites and it wont connect
*** Unknown address

Top Bottom