• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ssbm Dc++ Hub Thread, #1 Resource For Vids, Read First Post!

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
WJ's hub seems to be down.

For the time being, my hub is up to catch anyone who needs it. >_<

Address: fghub.no-ip.com

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Qwester said:
WJ's hub seems to be down.

For the time being, my hub is up to catch anyone who needs it. >_<

Address: fghub.no-ip.com
q bot be hating

[19:23] <Qbot> Mainchat is currently disabled
[19:23] <Qbot> Mainchat is currently disabled
[19:23] <Qbot> REGISTER

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
its a party up in the fgthub!

me xjapan qwester (one handed) and njs finest are all having a blast.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
Thanks Qwester, but I do believe it was down before, I tried the same address and it connected now. But anyway, yay, hubs up. Thanks for the address while WJ's is down Qwester!

EDIT : WJ's is back up!

ShAdOMaN

Smash Cadet
Is there mac instructions anywhere or somthing, beacuse i follow the instructions on the actulally program and when i click public it just loads for 2 mins then nothing happens, its my moms imac so i think its only on panther... so whats wrong... sorry for posting in the wrong place if this is the wrong place...

W.J

Smash Ace
it would appear that there may be some kind of glitch in the program, we are working on a solution to fix this, but we have to look more in deph with what is actually going on

ShAdOMaN

Smash Cadet
W.J said:
it would appear that there may be some kind of glitch in the program, we are working on a solution to fix this, but we have to look more in deph with what is actually going on
Is that an answer to my question??? i cant tell...

W.J

Smash Ace
with macs there is a big problem with settin up because of the fact that it is not windows which the guide is based on. we will be puttin up mac help soon, but it is much harder to find out mac issues when there are no resources, please be patient and we will get back to you quickly

ShAdOMaN

Smash Cadet
grayfox said:
Don't use a friggin mac, thats my solution. :ness:

I would but my dad thinks its neccacary to have everything mac in the house, which means my pc(1 gig/nvdia tottally wasted w/out internet) just has to sit there... I dont understand how to connect my wireless thing to his base station... its within 50 feet(like 20 feet away) and i have a good intena. it only picks it up at about 3 in the morning for like 30 seconds max then shuts off. I somtimes play minesweeper late at night so thats how i know... But i know theres no interference because his itunes is programed to my stereo which is in the same room and that works fine. I think mac perposfuly makes it so windows crap sucks with apple so you think the windows crap sucks period. Stupid apple should just stick to making the iPods... i personally think there computers arnt that great...

And thats my worthless opinion, so well if you get any word on how to fix it i would really much like to watch some ssbm videos, but in the mean time can somone give me some simple old links for video's that actully work with apple...? or teach me how to put it onto a cd then transfer to my pc... thx in advance

ShAdOMaN

Smash Cadet
grayfox said:
hmm your really gonna need dc to get vids but some of the best vids on the world are dl able from Captian Jacks site. A lot of Japans best are on there with some top notch matches. Should work even on a rubbish mac.

http://ssbm.captainjack.jp/

umm.. im sure there are great videos there but its all written in jappenese... what do i click on...?

goldengreg007

Smash Rookie
i'm having a problem with dc++. it says that i connected to the hub alright, but no users show up, so i am unable to download any files. i did everything instructed in the original post, including placing a folder of videos in my sharing thing. i selected passive mode. any suggestions as to why i see no users? the first time i used this program, maybe a week or two ago, a list of users showed up without me having anything in my upload. i even tried re-installing the entire thing, with same results.

Malice

Smash Apprentice
Hey WJ, I suggest you put a link up to that WinRAR program on the first place. for people who can't open up BCDC++ with a program, they will need WinRAR to compress it... or something like that. I believe Honorbound posted the link on page 16/17 or something. It worked for me, so maybe it will work for the other noobs that had problems opening up BCDC++ in the first place. To the people who have it but can't use it, well, good luck, lol. I'm just glad it FINALLY works for me.

W.J

Smash Ace
i DO havea link for winRAR full, but i dont wanna get SWF in any crap and post it on here, if people want the link they can just send a pm to me, it woudl just be much safer

AndyS.

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm new to the smashboards and I have a quesiton about the hub.

It appears that using this hub, you are directly connected to other member's computers. This raises a very disturbing quesiton for me: has anyone ever received viruses from other people through using this program? I feel a little bit iffy trying to use it, and was wondering if there was any other option to downloading videos without leaving myself completely vulnerable.

Thank you!

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
no you arnt directly connected, you are connected through the hub.

do you think hundreds of ppl would go on the smash hub every day if they were getting viruses? the answer is no. so yeah, you wont get killed on DC

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm going to need more information than that.

Also, you might want to check out the first post.There's a lot of troubleshooting info in there already.

goldengreg007

Smash Rookie
come on did anyone even read my post? someone must have had my problem before, i can't figure it out and i need HELP.

goldengreg007

Smash Rookie
more oddness.. apparently after leaving it on for a while i in fact got in as there is a large amount of chat from a variety of users, and ends with 'connection reset', but i have no idea when it occured and it is back to the same problem as before. so i don't know, this program is not on my good list right now..

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
goldengreg, I'd hoped you would've read the first post. Please check the troubleshooting section under 'or any other connection problems'.

I spent a good few hours writing that guide so I wouldn't have to constantly answer the same questions over and over. If you really can't find a solution to your problem (or have tried to no effect) contact me on AIM - QwesterMD.

Pey

Smash Apprentice
All right I have a question

I have to PM WJ on the DC++ hub in order to get an account set up right? What if I can't remember the password for my account on the hub? What would be the best way to find out my password?

theeggman85

Smash Rookie
DC++ is awesome and all, but I don't see how you could get kicked in private message. me and my friend were screwing around in it and I got kicked for 10 minutes... **** smashbot. :confused:

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's a check on how many messages you send in pm. If you spam (send so many over a short period of time) you get automatically kicked. This is to stop people just spamming anyone, not just their friends :)

In short, don't spam. >_<

Top Bottom