• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, relatively new here, but I wanna get into P:M and Smash 4 when it comes out. Don't really know if anyone else near me has any interest in P:M though, where I am isn't exactly bustling in Smash activity. And practicing by yourself in Training Mode only goes so far. =\

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Hey guys, relatively new here, but I wanna get into P:M and Smash 4 when it comes out. Don't really know if anyone else near me has any interest in P:M though, where I am isn't exactly bustling in Smash activity. And practicing by yourself in Training Mode only goes so far. =\
Try posting in the SC Melee Facebook Group, if you haven't already.

Player -0

Smash Hero
There are tournaments at USC like, every Tuesday or something. I'm not sure how close that is to you. You can also come over to the tournaments near Greenville that happen every 3 months or so.

Eagle Smash

Smash Cadet
North Charleston/Goose Creek/ Charleston has plenty of activity.

SC Melee should probably be renamed SC Smash, but definitely search SC Melee. I can't link it since I just made this account and it won't allow me to post links yet.

Ask around if you aren't already in the group. I'm sure you'll find folks. I'm actually available on Ashley Phosphate for the next four days or so.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
HEYYYY DOODS!!!! I'M BACK!!!! Sorta.... See, my parents permanently grounded me and whatever, then my little sister lost my P:M SD Card a few months ago, and I recently regained my video game privileges! Yay me! I ordered another SD Card which should come tomorrow, and then I can game everyday! I plan to practice until about September, when I plan to make my glorious return (is it still a return if you've never gone to a tourney?) and attend a tournament. Speaking of, does anyone plan to host a tournament early September?

Last edited:

The Young Izzy Iz

Smash Apprentice
New to smash boards and looking for a local group to play with. Are there any good places in or around Charleston that could be recommended? (Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong section.)

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
New to smash boards and looking for a local group to play with. Are there any good places in or around Charleston that could be recommended? (Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong section.)
Check the sc melee page. **** ton of smashers in the mid-state

Floati

Smash Cadet
Dude a friend of mine (who is much better than me) and I are trying to find more people to play and practice PM and Melee with in the Goose Creek/N Charlston area man :) Props for maining Yoshi man

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Is anyone interested in coming to a small tournament? It's like a mock event per say, and I need at least 10 people to say they could go. It's in the upstate. More info in a PM if you are interested.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Quite a lot of people I think. There'll be a tournament on that campus on October 18 and SC5 is happening on October 4th at 1UP around Greenville.

Here's a link to the facebook page that's a lot more active: Insert FB Link Here
Okeydoke, I went ahead and sent them a Join request. Let's see if they take me. Thanks for the link!

I've heard of the tourney near the campus. Tiger Smash I think it's called. I'm extremely stoked for it. I was hoping to meet up with some local players and work off the built-up rust before the 18th. It'll also be nice to finally find a scene that isn't Call of Duty here.

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
Really? That would be great! I just need to find a way up there on my days off. I work in Clemson, so the Tuesdays I work I can just walk to Tillman hall and hang with you guys for at least a couple hours.

Not having a car sucks. :/

And I joined the group. Thanks for having me. Haha

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Hello SC smashers, I just moved here from NJ. I'm living in Columbia and just wondering how big the smash scene here is. If there's any interest I can host at my place. I haven't touched the game in awhile but I was pretty good in my prime, I prefer melee but I'm better at brawl, haven't played PM but I'm willing to learn. Post here or message me if you're interested. Thanks babbbbeeeees <3

Player -0

Smash Hero
Hello SC smashers, I just moved here from NJ. I'm living in Columbia and just wondering how big the smash scene here is. If there's any interest I can host at my place. I haven't touched the game in awhile but I was pretty good in my prime, I prefer melee but I'm better at brawl, haven't played PM but I'm willing to learn. Post here or message me if you're interested. Thanks babbbbeeeees <3
Cola (the short for Columbia) is pretty big. Make sure you join the facebook group I've linked above, it gets a LOT more activity than smashboards and people play pretty often.

People mainly play P:M and Melee, Brawl is pretty dead everywhere.

Seneyu

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1306-6588-1701
Hey everyone! I've recently been getting into Smash and I was generally curious if there's a scene or even just players near where I'm staying at all. I live in the Florence area.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Hey everyone! I've recently been getting into Smash and I was generally curious if there's a scene or even just players near where I'm staying at all. I live in the Florence area.
There is some people out there. I can't say if they use smashboards or not, but they are in the SC melee facebook group.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Hey everyone, coming to post a few tournaments that are happening in south carolina for those who still check here and dont look at the sc melee facebook page (which you should)

https://www.facebook.com/events/764865860240030/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
Clemson Smash Series 2
Is happening November 8th 2014
In Clemson SC

https://www.facebook.com/events/1469435376650554/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
Smash in the Sands 3
Is happening November 15th 2014
In Myrtle Beach SC

http://smashboards.com/threads/jan-...th-carolina-greenville-south-carolina.374495/

https://www.facebook.com/events/1543416862570273/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Extinction 3
Is happening jan 10 2015
In Greenville SC

https://www.facebook.com/events/1543416862570273/?ref_dashboard_filter=hosting

Olympus
Is happening Feb 28th 2015
In Clemson SC

http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-28-2015-olympus-clemson-south-carolina.374510/

https://www.facebook.com/events/1543416862570273/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Last edited:

xInsomniax

Smash Rookie
NNID
xInsomniax
I'd like to introduce myself to my fellow South Carlina smashers! I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join! Hopefully I can learn from many of you and improve my limited competitive skills.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I'd like to introduce myself to my fellow South Carlina smashers! I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to join! Hopefully I can learn from many of you and improve my limited competitive skills.
Good to have another SC smasher! Make sure you join the facebook group (Called "SC Melee." It's mainly P:M & Melee but Clemson hosts bimonthlies that have Brawl.) because that's where everything happens. I don't believe any tournaments are being hosted in SC until ~January though.

RhyRhychan

Smash Cadet
NNID
RhyRhychan
Hey everyone! I live in North Augusta, SC right on the border of Augusta, GA, and close to Aiken.. Does anyone do anything around here? I sent an request to join the SC Melee group. I want to become a pro smasher/streamer, and I think I'm already pretty decent. I still have a long way to go in melee though, and probably pm. I want to make streaming my full time job so once my capture card comes in I'll be doing it. I'll primarily be streaming Smash 4, which is what I'm practicing super hard right now. I didn't have it for DS, but I'm already beating people who had it all those months! (Woooo go me, lol) If your interested in the stream you can click my profile and see the information, but if anyone here in the SC area wants to play let me know! Or add my NNID: RhyRhychan.. Or both :)

aramon892

Smash Rookie
Looking for players in Summerville! Can't travel. Mostly play P:M but just got 4 for my Wii U as well.

Top Bottom