• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I seem to be posting this everywhere, but I'm going to need a doubles partner(s) for Melee and P:M at the Greenville tournament. Any takers?

graymansnel

Smash Cadet
I seem to be posting this everywhere, but I'm going to need a doubles partner(s) for Melee and P:M at the Greenville tournament. Any takers?

I came to the last one, where you there? If so I might be able to do doubles with you.

What do you main?

Haven't yet played 3.0 (hopefully that will change today), but in 2.6b I was a sick Ness, Diddy, Toon Link, Snake, and an ok peach.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I came to the last one, where you there? If so I might be able to do doubles with you.

What do you main?

Haven't yet played 3.0 (hopefully that will change today), but in 2.6b I was a sick Ness, Diddy, Toon Link, Snake, and an ok peach.
I main fox in Melee and P:M.

And no, unfortunately I didn't know about the last one. This will be my first tourney since coming to SC, actually

itsDa$H

Smash Cadet
Where my 864 people at!? I'm in Greenwood about 45 minutes away from Greenville and an hour or so away from Columbia. I ride with TL in Brawl and Project M, and from the looks of it the competitive scene is in Columbia am I right? That's a trip I'm more than willing to take if so lol

graymansnel

Smash Cadet
Where my 864 people at!? I'm in Greenwood about 45 minutes away from Greenville and an hour or so away from Columbia. I ride with TL in Brawl and Project M, and from the looks of it the competitive scene is in Columbia am I right? That's a trip I'm more than willing to take if so lol

Nope its prettymuch only in Greenville, have not seen one tournament anywhere else but Greenville.

Speaking of that

http://smashboards.com/threads/smas...-greenville-sc-jan-11th.343887/#post-16129853

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
There was a tourney not but 11 days ago in Lexington (just outside of Columbia) which I couldn't attend.

Super excited for my first tourney in any Smash game; it's long overdue. I actually went to a Halo tourney last year and I'd only played Halo for like, a month at that time. So it's nice to finally go play a game I enjoy.

I'll be at the 1UP tournament in Greenville learning Melee stuff and hopefully entering the bracket; definitely entering for Project M since I know the game better. I'm interested in dubs but I'm also not very good at it. I have much to take in during this event.

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
If you aren't using the SC Melee Facebook group, you're easily missing out because we tend to forget about Smashboards. I try to return to the boards once a week or more, but it's still easy to forget to tell people stuff when I'm virtually always on FB.

Make sure you meet Pdude when you go to that Greenville tournament. You will be glad you did.

graymansnel

Smash Cadet
If you aren't using the SC Melee Facebook group, you're easily missing out because we tend to forget about Smashboards. I try to return to the boards once a week or more, but it's still easy to forget to tell people stuff when I'm virtually always on FB.

Make sure you meet Pdude when you go to that Greenville tournament. You will be glad you did.

Deleted my FB after it started to send people friend requests without my approval. Posting on Reddit (/r/smasbros /r/ssbpm ect.) or here is the best way to reach most people now adays.

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
That certainly is odd.

I suppose I won't argue or debate about which is better/best to reach people. I've abused all three to seek people out and maintain networks.

That being said, Columbia's Melee scene is arguably stronger than Greenville's. Greenville's probably second or third strongest, depending on what Charleston is looking like lately.

Hopefully you'll be around for SC Spring Smash.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
That certainly is odd.

I suppose I won't argue or debate about which is better/best to reach people. I've abused all three to seek people out and maintain networks.

That being said, Columbia's Melee scene is arguably stronger than Greenville's. Greenville's probably second or third strongest, depending on what Charleston is looking like lately.

Hopefully you'll be around for SC Spring Smash.
I wouldn't mind maintaining the SWF presence for any events you host. Hit me up on Facebook (Darrel Wright-Fenrir VII) if you want me to post anything. It's pretty important to make sure a smashboards thread is up for any tournaments.

Also, I'll see what I can do to bring GVille up the SC ranks. : )

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
I agree that it is important.

For those that might be lurking by, I'd also like to drop that everyone should keep an eye out for an announcement in mid-late January.

graymansnel

Smash Cadet
Hey guys Clint from Charleston here. I have a tournament coming up Feburary 8th in North Charleston. Smash Boards wouldn't let me make a thread about if but here's the Facebook link

https://www.facebook.com/events/268297649988991/

Wish I could make this. Get the word out with flyers reddir facebook twitter and smashboards, keep tring to post bro, it should let you in eventually

graymansnel

Smash Cadet
I have no idea how this works at all. But I want to PM WiFi.

My stages are ****ed up so only Metal Battlefeild Village Poke1 or poke 2.

FC is 1851-5170-6395

Just add me and msg me? On wii or smash boards or steam please and thanks!

Nautilus

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5000-4410

Where would I find that facebook group? Really hoping to get more into the competetive scene, and Columbia is a lot closer to me than Greenville. I can't seem to find it by just searching.

DragonZProductions

Smash Rookie
So I was wondering if anyone was anywhere close to the Myrtle Beach area? I live down there and I have a few people who live nearby, however they either are too busy with work and junk, or are very difficult to learn from (combination of not knowing what they are doing and others being rather poor teachers, the just do it kinda guys). Anyway I would love to hear if anyone is even somewhat close.

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
So I was wondering if anyone was anywhere close to the Myrtle Beach area? I live down there and I have a few people who live nearby, however they either are too busy with work and junk, or are very difficult to learn from (combination of not knowing what they are doing and others being rather poor teachers, the just do it kinda guys). Anyway I would love to hear if anyone is even somewhat close.
I'm having flashbacks about a Myrtle Beach newcomer. If you're that guy, I apologize, but otherwise, you'll probably want to find that guy. I highly recommend the above-posted SC Melee Facebook group.

Playing the game is a series of one night stands; networking is falling in love.

Last edited:

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
Is it just me, or does SC have no Brawl scene whatsoever? I can't seem to find a Brawl tourney in SC. Which sucks, 'cause I've never played Melee or P:M. :(

graymansnel

Smash Cadet
Blade, Play PM!

Come to the tourney and just show your support, or play friendlies!

I can boot up Brawl on my setup if you really want to play saterday.

Is it just me, or does SC have no Brawl scene whatsoever? I can't seem to find a Brawl tourney in SC. Which sucks, 'cause I've never played Melee or P:M. :(

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
Greenville tournament was a success!
It was super packed.
D: My cousin's party was sooooo fun! (She's 4, btw) And afterwards, I got to Brawl with my other cousins, who are ages 7 & 9. They (put together) have about the same skill level as a level 4. I wish I could've gone to that tourney. :(

ProtomanVX

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've been booted from a venue before because Brawl took too long. I tend to avoid it unless I'm sure I have the interest and time. Greenville has developed a nice little scene. I'd love to see if we can pick a spot to have weekly smashfests.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
There are a few of us that do play brawl but no, there arent any tournaments for brawl not in a long time. Apprently a comic book store here in columbia will be hosting 1 soon but i dont think its anything to legit in terms of rules and such. Nautialus where were you saturday? Im pretty sure you got dq'd from all events because you never showed when we called your name?

I host a ton of smash fests in columbia, if your close to that area you should let me know and il invite you out sometimes.

Player -0

Smash Hero
There are a few of us that do play brawl but no, there arent any tournaments for brawl not in a long time. Apprently a comic book store here in columbia will be hosting 1 soon but i dont think its anything to legit in terms of rules and such. Nautialus where were you saturday? Im pretty sure you got dq'd from all events because you never showed when we called your name?

I host a ton of smash fests in columbia, if your close to that area you should let me know and il invite you out sometimes.
Nautialus left early during the 1Up tournament because nerves I believe.

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
Damn bro, **** him! Come Smash!
I decided to see what all the Project M hype is about, and I LOVE IT!! I love the new Sonic and Ivysaur, LOVE what they've done with the textures for 'em. Don't really like what they did to Lucario's Aura, though. I have a Brawl mentor, not sure what he thinks about P:M.... Are the airdodges supposed to steal your jumps? Why don't the 3 Pokemon characters have Final Smashes? Is it a glitch or did I install it wrong? Would you wanna play Wi-Fi together sometime?

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305

BladerDaBrawler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BL4D3R
3DS FC
3239-3576-1305
The CPU AI is a lot better, there's a person programming it. You can still beat them using dumb stuff but they're pretty legit now.
I knew it! Just wondering, I know there's a Brawl mentoring thread, but is there one for P:M? If not, would you [or anyone you know] mentor me?

Top Bottom