• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
It's actually my birthday as well now...gosh it feels kinda cool to be 22 actually. I've only had beer 3 times and I've never been drunk! How sad is that?

At any rate, hello again Smashboards. I know you are all probably very tired of me leaving and returning, but I'm here now to tell you that I've sorted everything out with myself. Thank you all for being so patient with me. I'll go proceed to be active now.

Additionally, here is my cake that I got. Do I not have the most amazing friends? Love them to death.

(I'm Michael. Richard is my twin brother.)

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
that's a very nice cake

i just realised when i arrive here i'll be able to spike people with marth

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
... no really, you're just in South Carolina.
I promise.
He's not lying either. LOL

Honestly if you're from here and you want to be decent at melee, you better get some frequent flyer miles because you'll need to pull a Forward and travel all over USA =P.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
because online play sucks. Its like an entirely different game honestly.

brawl sucks anyway.
Actually it's not that bad. You know you can eliminate nearly all lag by having both you and your opponent jump up and down in place for about 10 seconds right? Apparently it's a great fix and works like a charm.

Brawl's fun, get at me.

Edit- I've missed this game, lol

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Well i mean honestly, I played ladder on AIB for about a month and its not great. There are no servers for brawl, its person to person hosting, which is what causes the lag. I cant support that, the input lag is soooo horrifying

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Well i mean honestly, I played ladder on AIB for about a month and its not great. There are no servers for brawl, its person to person hosting, which is what causes the lag. I cant support that, the input lag is soooo horrifying
Try the jump thing. It's like magic. =) It's like input lag? What input lag?

Edit- But I will always support offline vs online though. There's nothing like the real experience of going out to a tournament and meeting other people. =)

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
playing on line is like playing on an hdtv, once you play on it enough you adjust to it. there is always going to be transfer lag because there is no median server the two players are in like with every other online game probably ever. the two players are in a room made from each ones internet connection, the jumping thing works for visual lag, but the input lag will always be there.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
playing on line is like playing on an hdtv, once you play on it enough you adjust to it. there is always going to be transfer lag because there is no median server the two players are in like with every other online game probably ever. the two players are in a room made from each ones internet connection, the jumping thing works for visual lag, but the input lag will always be there.

I used to think that to. But I calibrated my controller in an online friendly and then handed the controller to my brother and he said that there was literally pretty much no input lag. It's a really obscure solution. It sounds like it's just you getting used to the lag but it truly does actually make online playable.

Played a few friendlies with Reflex the other day using this technique and he said that with that he actually enjoyed online because suddenly the lag was no longer unbearable. That speaks a lot for itself seeing as without it our friendlies were incredibly laggy. My input lag troubles have been gone since doing that.

I don't know what it is but it's more than merely getting used to the input lag.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
He's not lying either. LOL

Honestly if you're from here and you want to be decent at melee, you better get some frequent flyer miles because you'll need to pull a Forward and travel all over USA =P.

dammit, i'll just get a stack of cans in my room and invite whoever wants to come over, maybe i'll find some people who used to play items with link back in the day

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Yeah he plays peach, but he suxxxxxxx. LOLOLOLOL
Awww well that's a shame. I heard he can play Wario though!

As for Peach...why don't we play sometime? I like using her. =)

Edit- You're talking about Melee aren't you? Well I play Peach to there anyways, LOL. Bring it ;3.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Awww well that's a shame. I heard he can play Wario though!

As for Peach...why don't we play sometime? I like using her. =)

Edit- You're talking about Melee aren't you? Well I play Peach to there anyways, LOL. Bring it ;3.
i play wario in brawl when i try but i usually dont anymore so i play mario and fox mostly.

but in melee i use dat peach.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Hello South Carolina. I'm sorry to intrude on your thread, but I am hosting a really big tournament in Lafayette, LA that I would like most of you to attend. Some of you might have heard about it already, but I just wanted to give another heads up.

Its called TASOL 2010 National, please come out and support. I would really appreciate it and love to meet all of you.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274534

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
wow i didn't know You were older than me kid. Nice to c that your back. I'm back in columbia as well for the summer. lol sorry for being ultra late, but happy b - day. I hope to attend some smash fest or tournies this summer with you all.

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
yoshido, you've been playing since 04...? where you been?
lolz yeah. I joined in 04. But didn't really get into the tourney scene until 06-07. And now I'd just like to go to more tournies. Oh and to answer your question, I've been in Richmond, Va at VCU for biomedical engineering. They are some really good smashers up there. And I plan to get a ps3 for that Blaz blue when it comes out this summer. Lamda 13 alll day

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Hello South Carolina. I'm sorry to intrude on your thread, but I am hosting a really big tournament in Lafayette, LA that I would like most of you to attend. Some of you might have heard about it already, but I just wanted to give another heads up.

Its called TASOL 2010 National, please come out and support. I would really appreciate it and love to meet all of you.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274534
our brawl scene is pretty abysmal right now

our melee scene... is... surprisingly large considering it's past/history

Top Bottom