• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

cooki

Smash Cadet
I know a lot of you aren't going to remember me, but I'm still up in Clemson.
I just confirmed that I'm going to be here for another 5 years or so.

I'm not much in the way of a Brawl player, but I enjoy some Melee and Brawl-

It's good to see a lot of new people on the list.
It's ridiculous seeing G-wood smashers here

G-wood is so bleh I guess that no one ever thinks to go find other people to play with

cooki

Smash Cadet
Really? Wow i totally asked on the school's tech forum if there were any people here and there were no replies...

cooki

Smash Cadet
I'm sure there's some game store in G-ville that would be willing to host something. especially if a big turn out would be possible we'd just have to look

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I might host a melee thing in Charleston

if Brawl guys will go (look, I didn't say Brawl kids this time) then I will host it too, just need confirmation. I'll get a solid date to shoot at you guys soon. It will be a house tourney. a four story house tourney.

I wish I could go to FinalBillFest but it's like a 5+hour drive from where I'm at, and I am not super-loaded right now. If I can pick people up along the way with 20 bucks towards gas I could, but, you know. unlikely as ****.

edit : @ brawlers
apparently there are a bunch of scrubs at my college. if I can somehow yank these guys into going / paying your pot might be worth the trip : )

ps : if Devin won't go there's no chance cause I need Devin to make anything work right in my life

TheGreatBo

Smash Apprentice
ps : if Devin won't go there's no chance cause I need Devin to make anything work right in my life
I'm pretty sure Devin won't go. He doesn't play Brawl anymore and I don't think he even looks at smashboards.

Also I played with Alex yesterday and beat him in.
Brawl
Melee
Gin
Chess
And when he comes back over I'm going to beat him in the best card game ever, Yu-Gi-Ohhhh. But Snap he is going to beat you next time he plays you. Cause he is pro now, he's like Yay if Yay played brawl. Still waiting on my dittos. :)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
TRC i bet you could get people to go with you to billfest. start planning now though. seriously this is the last billfest, you can't miss this one =/

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I've never even been to one lol

such a long trip, and SC is really unorganized, and Yay never helps me out when it comes to going to tourneys even though I ask him >_>

Devin doesn't play anymore? then the idea of a Brawl tourney in Charleston just got shot to the ground.
Melee still may be possible though.
Early May maybe. I'll get a date soon (like said)

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure Devin won't go. He doesn't play Brawl anymore and I don't think he even looks at smashboards.

Also I played with Alex yesterday and beat him in.
Brawl
Melee
Gin
Chess
And when he comes back over I'm going to beat him in the best card game ever, Yu-Gi-Ohhhh. But Snap he is going to beat you next time he plays you. Cause he is pro now, he's like Yay if Yay played brawl. Still waiting on my dittos. :)
That made me laugh pretty hard. lol

Vague

Smash Rookie
We all usually go to NC or GA for tournaments.
I checked out the NC and GA tournaments a few weeks back when I was more of a lurker. Mapping it out it seemed the travel time to the NC and GA tournaments compared to the one in Rock Hill was negligible, so I had planned on hitting those up too once I got the chance. I just thought it would be cool to have some local competition and meet some people who could teach me to be pro like you.

From what I'm seeing here G'ville seems pretty dead. Maybe that will change if Cooki can find a place to host something. I think it would be a great place for it since it's pretty close to NC and GA and a lot of places here in SC. Of course if TRC starts something up in Charleston that would be great. It's a bit of a drive, but it'd be worth it.

Fighting the CPU is seriously getting old.

Top Bottom