• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The (Official) Sora Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllidR

Smash Champion
*Highfive* I know how if feels, Picking up Kingdom Hearts and playing all three games from beginning to end. Its amazing.

Should I put you down as a Supporter? Anyone who wants to play through everey Kingdom Hearts game I guess should be...
I'm not talking all three because really I only consider the two to be that great. Kindom Hearts I & II.

And yes put me down as a supporter, thought I was already one but I'll take on the title.

AetherIke

Smash Rookie
Guess I'm one of the few people who'd rather have Final Form as his Final
Smash. ;<

Also, the best boss for Sora imo would be Darkside. _o_

Stryks

Smash Hero
My 2 cents:

IMO I dont think he has that much of a chance, I mean he has only one game on a nintendo console, not only that, hes fighting for his spot against other top 3rd party characters, namely megaman (w00t!), bomberman and even pacman, and besides most of the people that want him in are just anime fans, thats it... [anti flame shield of pure justice activation sequence ability GO!]

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Well here are some points to show you why Sora would make such a great addition to Brawl:

1) He could make for a unique and very interesting moveset. He would be a sword weilder, that would also be able to use magic for his special moves.

2) Adding him would be a good business move on Nintendo's part. Nintendo would be taking the main character of one of Playstation 2's (Sony) best and highest selling video games in one of Nintendo's best selling games. It would possibly bring some of Sony's KH fanbase to buy a Wii and Brawl.

3) He was on Sakurai's poll.

4) Having the Kingdom Hearts universe in Brawl would obviously be amazing. Imagine fighting against Mario at the Colosseum or teaming up with Link at the Hollow Bastion.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
My 2 cents:

IMO I dont think he has that much of a chance, I mean he has only one game on a nintendo console, not only that, hes fighting for his spot against other top 3rd party characters, namely megaman (w00t!), bomberman and even pacman, and besides most of the people that want him in are just anime fans, thats it... [anti flame shield of pure justice activation sequence ability GO!]
Im Sure alot of other people will agree with you... and for the people that hate him im sure that he'll end up being the person they beat to a pulp for fun. you can pull down your Anti flame sheild of "Pure Justice" now. You have an opinion. and I have mine:

I think Sora should get in. even if it means Someone like Megaman, or Bomberman Dosent.

Well here are some points to show you why Sora would make such a great addition to Brawl:

1) He could make for a unique and very interesting moveset. He would be a sword weilder, that would also be able to use magic for his special moves.

2) Adding him would be a good business move on Nintendo's part. Nintendo would be taking the main character of one of Playstation 2's (Sony) best and highest selling video games in one of Nintendo's best selling games. It would possibly bring some of Sony's KH fanbase to buy a Wii and Brawl.

3) He was on Sakurai's poll.

4) Having the Kingdom Hearts universe in Brawl would obviously be amazing. Imagine fighting against Mario at the Colosseum or teaming up with Link at the Hollow Bastion.
lol, have you seen my Super Post yet man?. Besides, The colliseum prolly wont make it.

Does the Keyblade Really count as a Sword though : \ I suppose so.

Guess I'm one of the few people who'd rather have Final Form as his Final
Smash. ;<

Also, the best boss for Sora imo would be Darkside. _o_
I think Darksides moves are a little bleak.... he dosent really move around at all.. not to mention the giant <3 in his chest...

Stryks

Smash Hero
1.- Now the whole 'we got a lot of sword users' is true, but I wont bite on that, what I WILL bite on is this: GANONDORF
hes obviously gonna return, and if anyone played TP, he uses a long sword AND magic to attack, so sora wont have that much originality, and megaman? over 100 moves to choose from, originiality is his middle name...

2.- Tough this is true, look at some facts: megaman is the most wanted 3rd party, his anniversary was this monday, and when they asked inafune (megamans creator) if MM is in brawl, isntead of saying no, and giving us the fact straight on, he said: "No comments" just like when asked about sonic in brawl, some guys said "Thats not in our cards for the moments" meaning he cant reveal anything or something... true KH fans will buy the game just for this guy, but more people will buy the game if megaman is in, cause not only does he have more popularity, he has been out longer, back in the NES days...

3.- [Megaman] Most wanted charater on sakurais poll, ZING!

4.- so its: seeing winnie the pooh and aladdin as ATs or part of the bg, or seeing zero, protoman, bass, sigma and so on? tough call :p

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Well who ever said that there would only be 3 third party characters. Didn't Sakurai say he was possibly going to add more. Because I have no doubt about Megaman's inclusion in Brawl. Its only a matter of time before he's confirmed.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
1.- Now the whole 'we got a lot of sword users' is true, but I wont bite on that, what I WILL bite on is this: GANONDORF
hes obviously gonna return, and if anyone played TP, he uses a long sword AND magic to attack, so sora wont have that much originality, and megaman? over 100 moves to choose from, originiality is his middle name...

2.- Tough this is true, look at some facts: megaman is the most wanted 3rd party, his anniversary was this monday, and when they asked inafune (megamans creator) if MM is in brawl, isntead of saying no, and giving us the fact straight on, he said: "No comments" just like when asked about sonic in brawl, some guys said "Thats not in our cards for the moments" meaning he cant reveal anything or something... true KH fans will buy the game just for this guy, but more people will buy the game if megaman is in, cause not only does he have more popularity, he has been out longer, back in the NES days...

3.- [Megaman] Most wanted charater on sakurais poll, ZING!

4.- so its: seeing winnie the pooh and aladdin as ATs or part of the bg, or seeing zero, protoman, bass, sigma and so on? tough call :p
Yea. Disney is -definately- handing over alladin and Pooh.

Sora prettymuch has 100 moves to choose from. So your saying that Sora isnt original (Comparing him to a Giant Black Dude with a glowing sword and dark energy balls) while talking about some guy in armor with a Canon For an arm.... hmm. that dosent sound like Samus one bit. But you can have your opinion. (P.S. Dont come back with the "LOL HE R BLUE SAMUS IZ ORANGE" argument...)

I'm not talking all three because really I only consider the two to be that great. Kindom Hearts I & II.

And yes put me down as a supporter, thought I was already one but I'll take on the title.
I didnt even play through CoM: and your right. Two= Ownage.

KHI Really only had Disney people in Disney Worlds.. for the most part.

and KH II had Auron and stuff... Not to mention all the times you had to go back to Hollow Bastion to help Leon & The gang.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yea. Disney is -definately- handing over alladin and Pooh.

Sora prettymuch has 100 moves to choose from. So your saying that Sora isnt original (Comparing him to a Giant Black Dude with a glowing sword and dark energy balls) while talking about some guy in armor with a Canon For an arm.... hmm. that dosent sound like Samus one bit. But you can have your opinion. (P.S. Dont come back with the "LOL HE R BLUE SAMUS IZ ORANGE" argument...)
Wait are u insuing he would be what similair to megaman? Im sorry I forgot the part where sora was iconic character in the video game world, and what giant black dude with glowing sword???

Seriously if ur saying he would be similair to megaman, then sora would just be similair link/ike/insert sword user here...

and also, snake has MGS characters as ATs, so what would sora have from his game that aint disney related? (since thats mostly what it is)

and I stand by statement, most of the people that want sora just like him simply because his anime-ish, yep I said it...

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Shall I make a fake Sora character update?
Im getting one of my freinds to do that, but feel free to.

Wait are u insuing he would be what similair to megaman? Im sorry I forgot the part where sora was iconic character in the video game world, and what giant black dude with glowing sword???

Seriously if ur saying he would be similair to megaman, then sora would just be similair link/ike/insert sword user here...

and also, snake has MGS characters as ATs, so what would sora have from his game that aint disney related? (since thats mostly what it is)

and I stand by statement, most of the people that want sora just like him simply because his anime-ish, yep I said it...
No, Im Saying Megaman is like samus.

Besides.

Sora=/=Ganondorf.

How many multi-element magic users do we have in Brawl? Two.

How many of them use sword as their main weapon? Zero.

Sora is pretty original.

Not to mention, How many casual gamers would actualy take the time to concider Megaman? (you can say the same for Sora go ahead.) but really. think about it.

I dont like Sora because he's Anime-ish. I <3 that style, but Kingdom Hearts games are beautiful for their own reasons. not because everey characater in their mothers is hot. (Except for the disney Characters).

Riku, Kairi, Axel, Xemnas, Roxas, Organization XIII, Heartless, Nobodies, etc, it doesn't have to be Disney related at all.
and it definately wont be Disney related at all. Demyx would be a cool one.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Sora is just about as "anime" as Megaman.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh and I thought of the coolest Final Smash for Sora.

Sora's Final Smash: World Lock

Sora grabs the Smash Ball and begins to glow! He raises his Keyblade toward the sky and twists it. You see a ray of light shoot from the Keyblade and hear the sound of a door locking. Then from the sky, rays of light start shooting down onto the stage. If an opponent is hit bu the light, they are inflicted with 20-40 damage depending on how directly they were hit. The rays of light can spike people downward so its best not to be off stage during this move. Sora is able to move freely during this.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I just don't see him in, theres a lot of other third party characters that are wanted, they might not be as strong... But are wanted more...

With the addition of.
Sonic
Snake

People are now wanting
Geno
Megaman
Pacman
Bomberman

Who are also very original, persue me please. :p

vesperview

Smash Hero

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/ondacoruna/Locking.jpg

Sora grabs the Smash Ball and begins to glow! He raises his Keyblade toward the sky and twists it. You see a ray of light shoot from the Keyblade and hear the sound of a door locking. Then from the sky, rays of light start shooting down onto the stage. If an opponent is hit bu the light, they are inflicted with 20-40 damage depending on how directly they were hit. The rays of light can spike people downward so its best not to be off stage during this move. Sora is able to move freely during this.
But that isn't supposed to do damage in the games.

Yeah but megaman fans want him for his great videogames, but not for the anime look...
(not that the KH games arent great, but most sora fans want him- I already said this :p)
Why are you generalizing? Most people want him in for the games, not because of the "anime" look, that's a completely irrelevant opinion.

finalark

SNORLAX
Hi Meta Sonic.

You know, I never did beat CoM...

anyway, about the 'Sora is about as anime as Mega-Man' thing... Mega-Man did have an anime, and Kingdom Hearts does have a manga.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I actually don't believe Sora has great chances, but I do believe he is the first choice if there is to be a Square Enix character in Brawl.
Yeh. Same here. xD

Anyways, did anyone ever see that April issue of EGM way back? It had a picture of Sora, Mickey, and Mario and it was called Mushroom Kingdom Hearts. It also had a little article talking about it. Mario had a really convincing outfit, along with a keyblade, and I actually thought it was real. Turns out it was only an April fool's prank. xD That really sucks though. If it was real, Sora would have been a no-brainer for Brawl.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Yeh. Same here. xD

Anyways, did anyone ever see that April issue of EGM way back? It had a picture of Sora, Mickey, and Mario and it was called Mushroom Kingdom Hearts. It also had a little article talking about it. Mario had a really convincing outfit, along with a keyblade, and I actually thought it was real. Turns out it was only an April fool's prank. xD That really sucks though. If it was real, Sora would have been a no-brainer for Brawl.
And a no brainer for Mario Kart too :laugh:

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord

Great Point and greater Idea. :D Holy Snapola this thread is Moving faster than that DK stage with the rapids.

Sorry, I just don't see him in, theres a lot of other third party characters that are wanted, they might not be as strong... But are wanted more...

With the addition of.
Sonic
Snake

People are now wanting
Geno
Megaman
Pacman
Bomberman

Who are also very original, persue me please. :p

Please tell me how Pacman Could -possibly- have a B^ that wasent randomly thought of by the SSBB team.

LoL at the Mushroom Kingdom Hearts thing.

@ Stryks. like I said. I like KH for the Games they are. not beacause of the Manga/Anime style.

Looks like I need to update the list of supporters. Tell me if you want on.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
Please tell me how Pacman Could -possibly- have a B^ that wasent randomly thought of by the SSBB team.
They did one for Captain Falcon why not Pacman? Pacman does have ghosts that can float maybe he could summon them like King Dedede and they float him up a little bit... Or something. :O He would be unique at the least.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Do you think you could possibly add my FS idea to the first post? Wait does the guy would made the first post even frequent the boards anymore? and Where is the list of supporters?

TamJammerz

Smash Apprentice
This is a support thread?

Sora's chances to be in Brawl are almost zip to nothing. I can't see why you fanboys continually insist on his appearance...

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

Sora's chances to be in Brawl are almost zip to nothing. I can't see why you fanboys continually insist on his appearance...
You use "fanboys" as if it were an insult, yet you clearly are one (of Link).

And. . . seriously. . . there's a Bloober for Brawl thread somewhere. Sora is fair game.

Besides, the point isn't even that Sora has a good chance. It's that he's just ****in' rad. Dawg.

finalark

SNORLAX

Yep, I know his chances are zero, but seriously, did you even read any posts in this thread?

Oh, and nice start on the fake Dojo update, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom